** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group F > Nov 20 (BATE, Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille)

Re: Group F > Nov 20 (BATE, Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille)

Best thing here is to read what the Bate manager says regarding motivation. He thinks they are motivated. From a betting perspective I think we have to take his word for it. http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-preview/274067/bate-borisov-v-lille
he always says this, he cannot tell otherwise to the press.

Re: Group F > Nov 20 (BATE, Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille)

I really don't get the point of Bate not being motivated' date=' because qualifying for the next stage of either CL or EL will disrupt their winter preparation. First, winning tonight means a few more millions of euro in BATE's account, and believe - these money are vital for this team. Unlike Lille, they don't play in a fancy league where they get full stadiums at high prices and a lot of merchandise income. European money are key to BATE's development and growth, so each point they could win in CL is crucial for them. Second, BATE has been the champions of Belarus for six or seven consecutive years and they face absolutely no competition at home. I mean this is not the Premiership where for instance playing in Europe League might distract you and make you fail to qualify for CL. Even with a disruption in their winter pre-season preparation, BATE should easily earn another title and at the same time be ready for CL qualifyiers in July.[/quote'] they got all money they planned + extra this season already. no pressure at all. their club strategy is to get to CL group stage and grab their annual budget out of this alone achievement. They are planning their season to get to the peak in August-September, when it's just a start of the season in the most of Europe and they regularly catch offguard their opponents during qualification and first 2-3 rounds in group stage. And after that they are out of fuel. They do need to get to group stage to survive from management perspective, and any points in group or playoff - are just bonuses for now. In several years of such gradual development they might be deep and rich enough to keep strength through most of the year, but not now. Plus they should not only invest, but also save and be ready every year they don't get to CL and need to survive this. however, it's not fair from my side to write all this AFTER the game, so I'll just stop. My advice for both score also didn't work out.