** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov

kevshat

Taking a few on the back of a good night last night. Not betting in the Hamilton match myself as I'm on him outright and don't want to curse him :lol. 4pts B.Dolan Most 180's vs J.Part 6/4 William Hill I'm amazed Brendan Dolan is the outsider in the 180's match between these two for the simple reason that a brick wall could be built below the treble 20 and Dolan wouldn't switch to T19 whereas Part switches at the first sign of any trouble. That explains why Part has only hit one 180 in the tournament so far to Dolan's three. I'll give Dolan the benefit of the doubt for his three in three matches because in one of them he was cruising and it wasn't a contest which often leads to a poor standard. Generally Dolan would be the heavier 180 hitter of the two. He isn't in the Lewis or Anderson mould of hitting 180's but he tends to hit more than Part so this 6/4 is asking to be hit here. 3pts C.Kist to beat W.Newton 2/1 Paddy Power Christian Kist has to be overpriced in this match. I've already mentioned that I expect this to be a close match so with that in mind the 2/1 is big. I believe Kist is better in the longer matches as he can settle into a rhythm and start hitting big scores and regular checkouts. Opposing Wes Newton hasn't been my best strategy this week hence the smaller stake here but I do believe Newton hits too many poor scores to be dominant in the longer formats at the top level. Kist has nothing to prove to anyone but as BDO world champion and the prospect of playing Barneveld should he win this match I think he can be inspired enough to make the 2/1 look a daft price come the end of this one.
So close with the 180s and magnificent shout with Kist. Brilliant work. As always. Shame either Hamilton or Anderson had to go there, both were brilliant. God help JP.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kist, C v Van Barneveld, R (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Part, J v Hamilton, A (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waites, S v Van Gerwen, M (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Winstanley, D v Painter, K (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.79 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Note times are wrong. Winstanley/Painter is at 1pm, Hamilton/Part at 3pm then Kist/Barneveld 7pm and Waites/MVG 9pm :ok

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Saturday afternoon previews: 5pts D.Winstanley vs K.Painter - Over 27.5 legs Evs Skybet I expect this to be a close match. Their first meeting ended 5-4 and while it is impossible to predict a deciding leg with any confidence in a best of 31 leg match I do believe the match will be tight throughout. Winstanley will probably have the edge on the scoring but Painter will have the edge on the finishing and that clash in styles will most likely ensure the match remains tight. Over 27.5 legs is even money which looks a big price to me as there isn’t much between either player and having already played out one close match they can play another one here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-painter-betting-winstanley-and-painter-can-play-out-another-close-match-at-the-grand-slam 5pts A.Hamilton (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Part 5/6 Skybet I can’t see how Andy Hamilton loses this match. He is dominant in every statistic be it tournament average, scoring statistics or checkout statistics. In fact his tournament average is over 10pts higher than Part’s and over a possible 31 legs that just has to have a massive effect. Part hasn’t scored well in this tournament at all and the one thing you always get with Hamilton is heavy and consistent scoring. With his finishing as good as it is right now too it is hard to see how Part gets into this match so I’m happy to take Hamilton -3.5 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/part-vs-hamilton-betting-andy-hamilton-can-dominate-john-part-in-grand-slam-quarter-final

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Saturday evening session previews: 4pts C.Kist vs R.Barneveld - Over 27.5 legs 11/10 Skybet I think this will be an excellent quarter final and it is another quarter final which I see being close. Their first meeting was very close and everything I’ve seen from Kist suggests that he gets better the longer a match goes. Barneveld played some lovely stuff on Friday night and there’s no reason he won’t play well here so I expect a tight game and one which will definitely end 16-12 or closer. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kist-vs-barneveld-betting-two-dutchmen-can-play-out-another-tight-match-in-grand-slam-quarter-final 3pts S.Waites to beat M.Van Gerwen 9/4 Stan James Michael van Gerwen has the dreaded beat Phil Taylor curse to deal with here where everyone who does it in a knockout event tends to be knocked out in the following match and I definitely think that has a chance of happening again here. Scott Waites is in excellent form and while Michael van Gerwen has achieved a lot in the game in the last couple of months or so beating Phil Taylor is still a big thing. I think Scott Waites is overpriced in this match anyway but given the bizarre strength of the statistic of those who beat Taylor going on to lose next time out I think the Yorkshireman is worth a punt here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-van-gerwen-betting-scott-waites-can-move-into-another-grand-slam-semi-by-beating-in-form-dutchman

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov D.Winstanley to beat K.Painter odds @ 1.72 bet365 painter has played well so far but i feel his overall game wont match up to the high scorers. i think for painter to win he needs to get an early lead like against the king which can frustrate the other player, and if he manages it early he is the sort of player who could maintain it. but i think winstanley has been getting out the blocks fast and his power scoring will let him get an early advantage and i can see painter getting frustrated which can be visably seen from the artist when things arent going his way. winstanleys doubles are not always the best but alot better this tournament and if he keeps up the same quality he has shown so far should be a win here for him. C.Kist to beat R.Barneveld odds @ 3.00 boylesports Kist is my last outright in competition after the king seemed to choke again and kist couldnt win his last group game to avoid my third pick newton in last 16. it is probably not a good idea for me to bet on this match but its the one with most value. massive odds for someone playing well, high scoring and good on doubles. the more i watch this guy the more i like him, dosnt get fazed by anything just plays his darts. he has already bet barnie so thought odds would be smaller. barny tho playing well signs of old maybe, even so i think kist is still better even when barny is on song so in my eyes kist should be fav so i will take the 2/1 easy. hopefully the barny that throws some poor darts turns up tho to make it a little easier!.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Should be a good day of arrers. Adding one to these two for the afternoon session.

Saturday afternoon previews: 5pts D.Winstanley vs K.Painter - Over 27.5 legs Evs Skybet I expect this to be a close match. Their first meeting ended 5-4 and while it is impossible to predict a deciding leg with any confidence in a best of 31 leg match I do believe the match will be tight throughout. Winstanley will probably have the edge on the scoring but Painter will have the edge on the finishing and that clash in styles will most likely ensure the match remains tight. Over 27.5 legs is even money which looks a big price to me as there isn’t much between either player and having already played out one close match they can play another one here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-painter-betting-winstanley-and-painter-can-play-out-another-close-match-at-the-grand-slam 5pts A.Hamilton (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Part 5/6 Skybet I can’t see how Andy Hamilton loses this match. He is dominant in every statistic be it tournament average, scoring statistics or checkout statistics. In fact his tournament average is over 10pts higher than Part’s and over a possible 31 legs that just has to have a massive effect. Part hasn’t scored well in this tournament at all and the one thing you always get with Hamilton is heavy and consistent scoring. With his finishing as good as it is right now too it is hard to see how Part gets into this match so I’m happy to take Hamilton -3.5 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/part-vs-hamilton-betting-andy-hamilton-can-dominate-john-part-in-grand-slam-quarter-final
4pts D.Winstanley Over 7.5 180's Evs Stan James It took Dean Winstanley a while to start hitting 180s against Arron Monk but when he did start they came along quite readily and over a possible 31 legs I would expect him to hit quite a few 180s, in fact I would expect him to hit into the double figures for 180s if he gets going early doors. Scoring is very much his strong point and he'll need to score well to win this match because Painter doesn't miss a lot of doubles these days. Winstanley probably has unfinished business with this tournament so I expect him to play well and hit at least 8 180's throughout the course of this long distance encounter.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Solid afternoon session. Adding two more for tonight to these two. Should be a great night of darts.

Saturday evening session previews: 4pts C.Kist vs R.Barneveld - Over 27.5 legs 11/10 Skybet I think this will be an excellent quarter final and it is another quarter final which I see being close. Their first meeting was very close and everything I’ve seen from Kist suggests that he gets better the longer a match goes. Barneveld played some lovely stuff on Friday night and there’s no reason he won’t play well here so I expect a tight game and one which will definitely end 16-12 or closer. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kist-vs-barneveld-betting-two-dutchmen-can-play-out-another-tight-match-in-grand-slam-quarter-final 3pts S.Waites to beat M.Van Gerwen 9/4 Stan James Michael van Gerwen has the dreaded beat Phil Taylor curse to deal with here where everyone who does it in a knockout event tends to be knocked out in the following match and I definitely think that has a chance of happening again here. Scott Waites is in excellent form and while Michael van Gerwen has achieved a lot in the game in the last couple of months or so beating Phil Taylor is still a big thing. I think Scott Waites is overpriced in this match anyway but given the bizarre strength of the statistic of those who beat Taylor going on to lose next time out I think the Yorkshireman is worth a punt here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-van-gerwen-betting-scott-waites-can-move-into-another-grand-slam-semi-by-beating-in-form-dutchman
3pts C.Kist to beat R.Barneveld 15/8 William Hill Christian Kist has already beaten Barneveld in this tournament and despite Barneveld's performance and subsequent 'I will beat Kist' outburst I still like the BDO world champion here. I'm as big a fan of Barneveld as anyone but the days where we see back to back top performances from Barneveld haven't been around for a while. It may be that playing a fellow Dutchman and one who holds a world title brings it out of Barneveld but Kist is no respecter of reputations and as we saw last night is very hard to beat. There aren't too many players who could have withstood Newton's 164 to level at 9-9 and then break the throw to beat him. As I said above I think this will be a close match and in my eyes that suits Kist as I see Barneveld wilting under pressure allowing the Lakeside champion to move into a second major semi final of 2012. 5pts S.Waites vs M.van Gerwen - Over 26.5 legs 4/5 Skybet I'm really looking forward to this match. I think this could be an absolute classic as both are playing very well and both will be buoyed by beating Taylor earlier in the week. There's no better player in the world of darts than Michael van Gerwen right now but then there's arguably no player who loves this tournament more than Scott Waites. Both men come into this match in good nick, both are scoring well and neither are missing many doubles so I don't see there being much between these two throughout this match. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this goes to a deciding leg it promises to be that good. I still think Waites has every chance in this but whoever wins it I don't think will do so any easier than 16-11.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 18 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Van Barneveld, R (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.82 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Winstanley, D (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Semi final previews: 4pts A.Hamilton vs R.Barneveld - Over 13.5 180's 4/5 BetVictor If Barneveld plays like he has in the knockout stages so far he is going to be a tough nut to crack but Hamilton can do it. Whether Barneveld can play like that again remains to be seen but we’re guessing there. One thing we won’t be guessing with is that there will be lots of 180s in this match. Barneveld hit a staggering 12 180’s in the last round against Kist and Hamilton hits plenty himself when he gets going so that’s more than enough to suggest the over 13.5 180’s line is too low. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-barneveld-betting-expect-a-lot-of-180s-in-the-opening-grand-slam-semi-final 5pts M.van Gerwen (-5.5 legs) to beat D.Winstanley 19/20 Boylesports I like Winstanley and think he’ll go very well in events to come but I don’t see any way that he gets close to van Gerwen in this form. Scott Waites gave the Dutchman everything he had in their quarter final but van Gerwen repelled it and then dominated him with a blaze of special darts. Winstanley won’t outscore van Gerwen neither will he outfinish him and in turn neither, for me, will he get close to him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-winstanley-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-power-to-second-successive-major-final

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov dissapointed with kist didnt see match but looks like score says it all. not sure about the semis not opposing barnie again, hope the hammer wins tho. not much left for me in this tournament. is MVG still value @ 1.62 outright?

Just taking this one this afternoon. Am effectively on Hamilton at 16/1 and don't want to curse that!

5pts M.van Gerwen (-5.5 legs) to beat D.Winstanley 19/20 Boylesports I like Winstanley and think he’ll go very well in events to come but I don’t see any way that he gets close to van Gerwen in this form. Scott Waites gave the Dutchman everything he had in their quarter final but van Gerwen repelled it and then dominated him with a blaze of special darts. Winstanley won’t outscore van Gerwen neither will he outfinish him and in turn neither, for me, will he get close to him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-winstanley-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-power-to-second-successive-major-final
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Final Van Gerwen v Barneveld 10pts Highest checkout over 138.5 5/6 Boylesports Have to imagine the way these 2 are playing that one of them will take out a score higher than 138. 10pts Total 180s over 15.5 Bet365 5/6 It's hard to see either of them winning this by too many legs.Barnie has too much class to let Van Gerwen get too far ahead.That should mean we see at least 27 legs and with the way they have been hitting 180s so easily it looks a safe bet. 5pts 9 darter in the match yes @ 14/1 Boylesports Great value bet.Big games bring out the best in great players and if a 9darter isnt hit then I'm confident it will give us a run for our money

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov No go with Hamilton sadly but MVG brought home the afternoon bacon. 3 for the final. Not long back from the Luton game though and it starts soon so no huge write ups. 3pts R.Barneveld to beat M.van Gerwen 13/5 Boylesports 4pts Over 14.5 180's 4/5 Blue Square 6pts Over 26.5 legs 5/6 Stan James I think this will be a great final which could even go all the way as both men are playing fabulous darts this week. Van Gerwen is the favourite there's no doubt about that but the way Barneveld has played since the knockout stages of this he's never a near 3/1 shot to win this final, not by a long way. He will stay with MVG in the scoring phase and if MVG misses doubles he'll take advantage. I expect both men to be very good at holding throw in this final as they are both playing so well and scoring so high and it is because they are scoring so high that I expect to see a lot of 180's. Barneveld has killed the 60 since the knockouts started and he can continue to do that while MVG will surely contribute a few of his own to the 180 line. I'm hoping this will be a great final and if it is I expect it to end no easier than 16-11, possibly in Barneveld's favour.