** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov

kevshat

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov think i will just stick to one tonight. Dont like these early stages anyway with the short format, just looking forward to the next round when its best of 19 legs. M. King to beat J.Wade odds @ 2.10 boyle sports I dont think wade should be favourite here, if it was on pure form and consistency king would be a big favourite. Wade at the moment is one of those players who you just cant trust, like lewis aswell and barney. these guys have the ability no doubt but their darts arnt consistent and doubles look a problem at moment. its one of those ones on form and the other out of sorts. if i could get -1.5 HC anywhere on king i would probably have a go on that aswell.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov going to go for a couple on wed then thats me until next round. G.Anderson to beat A.Lewis odds @ 2.0 boylesports Going for Anderson here as he is already assured qualification and that means he should be relaxed and hopefully some flowing darts. Lewis as mentioned in last post dosnt look good. Against part he was very poor infact they both were. I even saw lewis appologising to the crowd and that was after he won a leg. I fancy anderson to improve he looks like he could be the main contender if he hits his doubles. O'shea to beat J.Part odds @ 1.67 boylesports O'shea looks sharp, scoring well and quite handy on the doubles, him and kist the biggest BDO threats. Part dosnt look impressive and dont think he has been all season, lucky to win against lewis as that game was a shambles. o'shea will not be letting him off with too many mist doubles.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Couple of previews for Wednesday: 4pts G.Anderson to beat A.Lewis 10/11 William Hill Whether the fact he’s out and nothing is on this game will release Adrian Lewis’ best game remains to be seen but one thing is for sure if he plays like he has so far in the tournament he’s going to be on the wrong end of a spanking even allowing for the fact that Gary Anderson is likely to miss some doubles along the way. Anderson has still scored well this week and he’s been a lot better on his doubles and the 10/11 on him in this match looks a gift based on the form we’ve seen so far from the two. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-can-ensure-he-goes-into-the-knockout-stages-unbeaten 4pts T.Jenkins to beat W.Newton 6/5 William Hill Although Newton has won the last four matches between these two they have all been close matches and he has won all four 6-5. Some of those were in the Championship League so while they can’t be used as a gospel form guide they do show the potential for this being a close match so the value is definitely on Jenkins here, especially with him having to win so I’ll take The Bull to keep his hopes alive. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-jenkins-betting-terry-jenkins-can-keep-his-grand-slam-hopes-alive-with-vital-win-against-newton

Two for me tonight which are these two. Effectively on King in the other bets.

Previews for Tuesday night: 4pts M.Webster (-1.5 legs) to beat C.Stompe 5/6 Skybet On what we’ve seen so far in the tournament it is hard to see anything other than a pretty comfortable win for Webster. We will be taking a little bit of a leap of faith that the opening two days weren’t a fluke but he’s a class act when he’s on song and he spoke positively after his win over Waites which was good to hear. Webster needs a big win here just in case Scott Waites beats Taylor later in the night and I think he can win this no worse than 5-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/webster-vs-stompe-betting-mark-webster-can-close-in-on-qualification-with-a-convincing-win-over-stompe 4pts S.Waites (+2.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 6/5 Betfred Scott Waites knows he pretty much he has to win this match to make it into the knockout stages so he will give it everything he has to win here. I’m not sure whether he will win but I do like his chances to win three legs especially with the way he scores. Taylor has shown weaknesses on the stage most of the year which Waites can exploit enough to take 3 legs at a tasty price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-waites-betting-scott-waites-can-run-taylor-close-in-a-match-he-needs-to-win
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov 4Pts Wade to beat King 10/11 skybet Just have to go with Wade here he played a lot better in his second game i fancy him to show his class when he has to and prove a lot of people wrong.on his best form he would be a fairly short price for this so i think this price is good value

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov After my outright on kist at start of tournament i think at this stage will follow it up with couple more with a players with still healthy odds. M.King to win out right odds @ 20/1 boylesports I think thats a massive price for one of the top in form players and now qualified from groups. after whitlocks suprise exit proved anything can happen, so half the battle done plus with the longer format in next rounds surely the form players should come good. As we seen in his last final tho he went into meltdown due to crowd but given another final i think that wont happen again. W.Newton to win outright odds @ 16/1 boylesports Another class player whos form looks to have followed him into this tournament. still not guaranteed through but barring a big defeat at the hands of the bull tonight his first two wins should see him through.(I think t.jenkins has to win at least 5-1). proven winner already recently and again hopefully the longer formats will help a warrior like newton.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Taking four in total tonight. These two and two others.

Couple of previews for Wednesday: 4pts G.Anderson to beat A.Lewis 10/11 William Hill Whether the fact he’s out and nothing is on this game will release Adrian Lewis’ best game remains to be seen but one thing is for sure if he plays like he has so far in the tournament he’s going to be on the wrong end of a spanking even allowing for the fact that Gary Anderson is likely to miss some doubles along the way. Anderson has still scored well this week and he’s been a lot better on his doubles and the 10/11 on him in this match looks a gift based on the form we’ve seen so far from the two. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-can-ensure-he-goes-into-the-knockout-stages-unbeaten 4pts T.Jenkins to beat W.Newton 6/5 William Hill Although Newton has won the last four matches between these two they have all been close matches and he has won all four 6-5. Some of those were in the Championship League so while they can’t be used as a gospel form guide they do show the potential for this being a close match so the value is definitely on Jenkins here, especially with him having to win so I’ll take The Bull to keep his hopes alive. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-jenkins-betting-terry-jenkins-can-keep-his-grand-slam-hopes-alive-with-vital-win-against-newton
4pts T.O'Shea (-1.5 legs) to beat J.Part 6/5 Boylesports Tony O'Shea has looked very good in this tournament so far and I would expect him to see off a John Part who while still very much alive in the competition, has looked pretty poor overall. His match against Adrian Lewis was one of the worst standards I've ever seen and he'll need to improve possibly 20pts on his average to be competitive in this match. Part isn't scoring very well (he's only hit 6 scores of 140 or above in 16 legs in the tournament so far) and that's one thing he has to do here else he will be run over. To highlight how poorly Part has been scoring, O'Shea has hit more 180's in the tournament so far than Part has hit 140's or 180's. That's a pretty incredible statistic but it is one which shows the gulf in quality between the two this week and with that in mind I expect Silverback to seal his place in the knockout stages with a win here. 4pts C.Kist (-1.5 legs) to beat M.Walsh 6/5 Boylesports Christian Kist has been impressive in this tournament, scoring well and in the main hitting doubles nicely, particularly clutch doubles. Yes you could argue that in the end he was lucky to beat Barneveld last time out as Barney missed three darts at tops to beat him but by the same token Kist had a couple of chances to pull clear earlier in the match. If Kist scores well here I don't see Walsh beating him. Kist has a higher tournament average than Walsh and just on the face of it has played better. Walsh was lucky Jones missed a number of doubles against him to keep him alive earlier in the tournament but I don't see him getting the same charity from the BDO world champion in this match and I see Kist running out a fairly comfortable winner to confirm he wins the group.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Taking two early ones for tonight 4Pts Anderson most 180's v Lewis 11/8 boylesports of what i have seen this week can only be one winner Lewis is struggling to hit one treble let alone hit 3,Anderson scored very heavily in game against O'Shea and hit a few 180's i fancy this more than the match betting i expect A nderson to win but we all know he misses to many doubles 4pts phillips to beat Harmes 11/8 boylesports Good odds here Phillips has scored well just missed few to many doubles,Harmes played well in first game but was really shocking against Newton and averaged only 81 if he does that again i can only see one winner as Phillips is a pretty heavy scorer

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov 3pts double Barneveld to beat Jones and O'Shea to beat Part at 4/9 and 4/6 boylesports Fancy barney to up his game for this and beat Jones easily,Jones has not really performed well for a while,barney was poor against Kist but i think wont have to come out of first gear to beat Jones. Part is on the decline have not seen him perform to his ability in a long while really like O 'Shea think he is great player and fancy him strongly in this,he was involved in one of best quality games in this so far against Anderson and think he will definately come out on top here.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 15 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Winstanley, D v Monk, A (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Painter, K (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.85 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Taylor, P (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waites, S v Thornton, R (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.91 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 16 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Part, J v Dolan, B (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.17 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Kist, C (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Anderson, G (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.34 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Harms, W (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Thursday night previews: 5pts D.Winstanley (-2.5 legs) to beat A.Monk 4/5 Blue Square I like Winstanley in this match. His heavy scoring should be way too much for Monk who has struggled to put scores and with it legs together in the tournament so far. Winstanley might miss the odd double but leg on leg I expect him to outscore the youngster in this match and I think he can make the quarter finals by winning and winning no worse than 10-7. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-monk-betting-dean-winstanley-can-cruise-into-the-quarter-final-with-big-win-over-monk 4pts M.King vs K.Painter - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Bet365 I think this could be a close match. The two met in the quarter finals of the Players Championship finals last year and Painter won 9-7 and I think the scoreline of this match could be something similar albeit 10 rather than 9 of course. Both men look pretty evenly matched to me and I think the longer format will allow both to produce their best darts so I don’t see either running away with this one. With that in mind I think over 16.5 legs looks a good bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-painter-betting-two-wily-old-pros-can-produce-a-close-last-16-match-at-the-grand-slam 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat P.Taylor 2/1 Paddy Power This should be one of the matches of the tournament but for me there’s only one man we can back and that is Michael van Gerwen. He is showing no signs of easing up in form and Taylor has shown a few chinks in his armour in recent TV events to give the Dutchman even more confidence he can end his 15 match losing run against Taylor. Even in this tournament van Gerwen has been the better of the two and I see him taking out the defending champion here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-taylor-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-rubber-stamp-his-good-form-with-win-over-taylor 4pts S.Waites vs R.Thornton - Over 16.5 legs 5/6 Stan James This looks like it will be close throughout. Both men score incredibly well and both are generally decent enough on their doubles although they are liable to the odd shocking leg in that area. Neither player is slow so the rhythm of the match should be fluent throughout so I fully expect a tight tussle to finish the evening with here. This is another match where I’m happy to take over 16.5 legs safe in the knowledge I don’t see either winning easier than 10-7. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-thornton-betting-two-taylor-torturers-can-play-out-a-long-and-close-tussle-in-wolverhampton

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Van Gerwen v Taylor Van Gerwen @ 2/1 Paddypower Haven't had much time to watch the darts this week so haven't put any bets on the matches, but this one just stands out too much for me. Have watched back VG and Taylors matches and this is one of the hottest prices of the year in my eyes, VG has been so consistent this season whilst 'the power' has had a few hiccups and hasn't lived up to the usual high standards. Whilst Taylor is the greatest of all time, VG has been showing signs of becoming the next big thing in the darts world and tonight could be the start of big things for the dutchman. I wouldn't normally back against Taylor but this is just too good an offer to pass up on.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov I, along with most others on here I think, really like the odds of 2/1 on offer for Van Gerwen to beat Taylor tonight. However, if you think 2/1 on Van Gerwen is a good price, then surely by default that means you think the odds of Van Gerwen +4.5 legs (3/10), +3.5 legs (8/15), +2.5 legs (4/5), +1.5 legs (5/4) and Van Gerwen -1.5 legs (5/2) are also good prices. How do you decide where to pitch your bet? The 2/1 and 5/2 are good prices, but you're also going to end up losing a lot of the time. I'd much rather take the +4.5 legs at 3/10, can people explain why they're opting instead for Van Gerwen to win the match?

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov M.Van Gerwen HC (+3.5) v P.Taylor 0dds @ 1.67 boylesports I do fancy MVG like most tonight as the power dosnt look at his best. But the power i think would really want to win this one to show the young talent he is still the best, he will be up for this one i feel. MVG still has dips especially on longer formats and taylor will captalise given any chance. it will be close if anything i think but no way am i going against the power.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Train crash of a night last night sadly. Adding two to this lot for what is a bumper night of betting.

Thursday night previews: 5pts D.Winstanley (-2.5 legs) to beat A.Monk 4/5 Blue Square I like Winstanley in this match. His heavy scoring should be way too much for Monk who has struggled to put scores and with it legs together in the tournament so far. Winstanley might miss the odd double but leg on leg I expect him to outscore the youngster in this match and I think he can make the quarter finals by winning and winning no worse than 10-7. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-monk-betting-dean-winstanley-can-cruise-into-the-quarter-final-with-big-win-over-monk 4pts M.King vs K.Painter - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Bet365 I think this could be a close match. The two met in the quarter finals of the Players Championship finals last year and Painter won 9-7 and I think the scoreline of this match could be something similar albeit 10 rather than 9 of course. Both men look pretty evenly matched to me and I think the longer format will allow both to produce their best darts so I don’t see either running away with this one. With that in mind I think over 16.5 legs looks a good bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-painter-betting-two-wily-old-pros-can-produce-a-close-last-16-match-at-the-grand-slam 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat P.Taylor 2/1 Paddy Power This should be one of the matches of the tournament but for me there’s only one man we can back and that is Michael van Gerwen. He is showing no signs of easing up in form and Taylor has shown a few chinks in his armour in recent TV events to give the Dutchman even more confidence he can end his 15 match losing run against Taylor. Even in this tournament van Gerwen has been the better of the two and I see him taking out the defending champion here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-taylor-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-rubber-stamp-his-good-form-with-win-over-taylor 4pts S.Waites vs R.Thornton - Over 16.5 legs 5/6 Stan James This looks like it will be close throughout. Both men score incredibly well and both are generally decent enough on their doubles although they are liable to the odd shocking leg in that area. Neither player is slow so the rhythm of the match should be fluent throughout so I fully expect a tight tussle to finish the evening with here. This is another match where I’m happy to take over 16.5 legs safe in the knowledge I don’t see either winning easier than 10-7. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-thornton-betting-two-taylor-torturers-can-play-out-a-long-and-close-tussle-in-wolverhampton
4pts D.Winstanley Over 4.5 180's 11/10 BetVictor I think Dean Winstanley is a good bet to hit at least 5 180's tonight. He's already hit a few 180's in the tournament and he's a heavy 180 scorer in general. In this round last year he hit 6 180's in a match against Mark Walsh and he hit 8 in the opening round of the World Matchplay which is over this distance too. With the longer format I expect him to get into a nice rhythm and really pepper the lipstick in this match and the further he pulls clear the more confident he should get and so I would be surprised if we don't see at least 5 180's from Winstanley in this match this evening. 4pts S.Waites vs R.Thornton - Over 8.5 180's Evs Stan James Already said I expect this one to be close and assuming that it is I expect the 180's line to be covered. We saw in a best of 5 World Grand Prix match last month Thornton hit 8 180's despite the double format so when he's on his game, as he has been for the last six months or so, the 180's flow from his darts. Scott Waites is no stranger to the lipstick either and when he gets into a rhythm he can hammer the 180's hard as we've seen this week already. I don't think 9 180's is a lot to ask from two consistent heavy scorers and at even money I like the overs here.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov 5pts Thornton to beat Waites 13/10 boylesports This should be a cracker but i fancy Thornton to come out on top,in my opinion he is the most consistent of the two players lately.Waites was great against Taylor but how many times have we seen someone beat Taylor and get beat the next game,Thornton has just really impressed me the past 2 years and again playing solid darts this week and i expect him to bring his a-game and win​.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov 5pts highest checkout over 124.5 in Thornton v Waites 5/6 bet 365 think we will see a tight really close game and fancy a couple of high checkouts both players really good under pressure and capable of high finishes

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Friday night previews: 4pts B.Dolan to beat J.Part 10/11 Betfred On all known evidence so far this week Brendan Dolan should win this and while I’m not confident enough to proclaim he’ll win at a canter he really doesn’t need to do a lot more than he’s been doing to win this. He has a 4-1 head to head record over John Part too which will give him further confidence. John Part keeps claiming he has this magical game in him still and he’s going to have to show it here rather than talking about it if he’s to stay in. We’ve seen no evidence it’s close to appearing so I’ll take Dolan here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/part-vs-dolan-betting-brendan-dolan-can-see-off-john-part-in-wolverhampton 4pts W.Newton vs C.Kist - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 BetVictor I think this could be the game of the night and I expect it to be really close. Newton is clearly playing good darts but we saw in the Lakeside tournament that the longer the matches the better Christian Kist gets so that will very much be in his favour. He may make one or two mistakes with a low score or a missed double but I expect him to show enough to run Newton close if not beat him. Either way I don’t expect either to win this any easier than 10-7 and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a deciding leg here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-kist-betting-two-good-players-can-play-out-a-mini-classic-in-grand-slam-knockout-stages 4pts A.Hamilton vs G.Anderson - Over 16.5 legs 5/6 Stan James I think this will be a tight match. Both men score heavily, Anderson more so than Hamilton you would say but then Hamilton is a lot more reliable than Anderson on the doubles and at the end of the day that is the thing that matters. Whichever way this one goes I think it will be close and I don’t see either winning too easy as they are fairly evenly matched. This is another match where I see over 16.5 legs being a good bet as I don’t see either winning easier than 10-7. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-anderson-betting-two-heavy-scorers-likely-to-be-involved-in-another-close-match 4pts R.Barneveld (-3.5 legs) to beat W.Harms 11/10 Betfred Raymond Barneveld isn’t always the most trustworthy player in the world but I do like him here and I think he’ll win this and win it quite comfortably. I’ve been impressed with Barneveld’s scoring in the tournament so far and he has been quite comfortable in his demeanour too especially at pressure moments. For me Harms has too many slack darts to win this match and I’m not convinced he hits enough doubles crisply to challenge strongly either. I think it all points to Barneveld winning and winning no worse than 10-6. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-harms-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-come-past-fellow-dutchman-with-a-bit-to-spare

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov A.Hamilton to beat G.Anderson odds @ 2.20 bet365 I was starting to like anderson in this tournament felt he was improving and has played reasonably well untill now. But in his last game against lewis with nothing to play for i expected him to come out and give an exhibition show. he was probably unlucky in end as lewis showed his true skill with a massive finish which inevitably won him the match, i just wish anderson was able to produce similar and i would of been all over him today. So opting for hamilton a consistent player strong on the doubles which is key to beating anderson and has looked good through out.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov Taking a few on the back of a good night last night. Not betting in the Hamilton match myself as I'm on him outright and don't want to curse him :lol.

Friday night previews: 4pts B.Dolan to beat J.Part 10/11 Betfred On all known evidence so far this week Brendan Dolan should win this and while I’m not confident enough to proclaim he’ll win at a canter he really doesn’t need to do a lot more than he’s been doing to win this. He has a 4-1 head to head record over John Part too which will give him further confidence. John Part keeps claiming he has this magical game in him still and he’s going to have to show it here rather than talking about it if he’s to stay in. We’ve seen no evidence it’s close to appearing so I’ll take Dolan here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/part-vs-dolan-betting-brendan-dolan-can-see-off-john-part-in-wolverhampton 4pts W.Newton vs C.Kist - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 BetVictor I think this could be the game of the night and I expect it to be really close. Newton is clearly playing good darts but we saw in the Lakeside tournament that the longer the matches the better Christian Kist gets so that will very much be in his favour. He may make one or two mistakes with a low score or a missed double but I expect him to show enough to run Newton close if not beat him. Either way I don’t expect either to win this any easier than 10-7 and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a deciding leg here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-kist-betting-two-good-players-can-play-out-a-mini-classic-in-grand-slam-knockout-stages 4pts R.Barneveld (-3.5 legs) to beat W.Harms 11/10 Betfred Raymond Barneveld isn’t always the most trustworthy player in the world but I do like him here and I think he’ll win this and win it quite comfortably. I’ve been impressed with Barneveld’s scoring in the tournament so far and he has been quite comfortable in his demeanour too especially at pressure moments. For me Harms has too many slack darts to win this match and I’m not convinced he hits enough doubles crisply to challenge strongly either. I think it all points to Barneveld winning and winning no worse than 10-6. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-harms-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-come-past-fellow-dutchman-with-a-bit-to-spare
4pts B.Dolan Most 180's vs J.Part 6/4 William Hill I'm amazed Brendan Dolan is the outsider in the 180's match between these two for the simple reason that a brick wall could be built below the treble 20 and Dolan wouldn't switch to T19 whereas Part switches at the first sign of any trouble. That explains why Part has only hit one 180 in the tournament so far to Dolan's three. I'll give Dolan the benefit of the doubt for his three in three matches because in one of them he was cruising and it wasn't a contest which often leads to a poor standard. Generally Dolan would be the heavier 180 hitter of the two. He isn't in the Lewis or Anderson mould of hitting 180's but he tends to hit more than Part so this 6/4 is asking to be hit here. 3pts C.Kist to beat W.Newton 2/1 Paddy Power Christian Kist has to be overpriced in this match. I've already mentioned that I expect this to be a close match so with that in mind the 2/1 is big. I believe Kist is better in the longer matches as he can settle into a rhythm and start hitting big scores and regular checkouts. Opposing Wes Newton hasn't been my best strategy this week hence the smaller stake here but I do believe Newton hits too many poor scores to be dominant in the longer formats at the top level. Kist has nothing to prove to anyone but as BDO world champion and the prospect of playing Barneveld should he win this match I think he can be inspired enough to make the 2/1 look a daft price come the end of this one.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov 5pts over 16.5 legs Dolan v Part evs skybet Great odds here this should be extremely tight game between these two on what we have seen this week cant see either player running away with it as neither is playing good darts.Think they will just drag eachother down and be a slog and not very enjoyable to watch but we should make money on it

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov 3pts treble Newton,Anderson and Barneveld at 2/5,8/11 and 2/7 boylesports Really fancy these 3,Newton is again playing great darts and is one of most consistent players around now i cant have Kist he played well in first game but in truth has been very average since,Anderson is finally showing bits of form this week thought he was really good against O Shea and fancy him to be far enough ahead in most legs to be able to afford miss a few doubles although he has looked more solid this week,finally i think Barney will run away with last game much the same as Kist,Harms started off well was shocking against Newton and ok against Phillips but just think Barney has way to much for him

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2012 - 10-18 Nov J.Part to beat B.Dolan odds @ 2.10 bet365 Wasnt going to touch this match but need to put a bet on it to make it exiting i think. agree with above going to be a slog probably lots of breaks of throw. neither player has played great darts but one thing part has showed he has the nerve, o'shea shuld of bet him he had nerves tho. if it does go close towards end i think part will hold nerve more. just a small bet