** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Shakhtar Donetsk (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v FC Nordsjælland (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.17[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]24[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Huge match here for Chelsea, It's basically a must win if they're to have any chance of progressing past the group stage. The odds for a home win are very appetising in my opinion - but I'm not overly confident or convinced that Chelsea can win after seeing how they performed in the reverse fixture at Ukraine. Generally I'd back us at home to a side like Shakhtar, and I'd do so at shorter odds - but their last match up has really spooked me. I might sound a tad harsh on Chelsea here, but they honestly looked toothless last time the sides met. Shakhtar went forward at will and proved to be a brilliant counter attacking side, which is what worries me - Chelsea being the home side will have to step up and take the game to their opposition, and that may well play into Shakhtar's hands. Very very tricky one for me. Chelsea have to win, and they should win it in my opinion, but It'll be very tough for them.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I think this is a both to score game at 1.7 chelsea must win but their defence against man.utd and even against swansea was very poor. Shakhtar has very good players in atack and they showed this against juve and chelsea. Probably a 2-1 victory for the home side

Is this game really a must win though? They've still got two games left after this including one at home to Nordsjaelland. I think it's more of a must not lose game. Realistically Juventus should be on six points after this round. A point here would give Chelsea five, with three points to be awarded after they beat Nordsjaelland. That'll give them eight, with another game against Juventus. With Juventus to play Shakhtar and Chelsea the pressure is all on them IMO.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

Is this game really a must win though? They've still got two games left after this including one at home to Nordsjaelland. I think it's more of a must not lose game. Realistically Juventus should be on six points after this round. A point here would give Chelsea five' date=' with three points to be awarded after they beat Nordsjaelland. That'll give them eight, with another game against Juventus. With Juventus to play Shakhtar and Chelsea the pressure is all on them IMO.[/quote'] yes, you are right but i can't see this game going in a 0-0. you can't wait for a draw and i also think that chelsea with a draw here, a win over nordsjaelland and a loose agains juve will be 8 points and juve will have 9 if they loose to shackhtar. in my opinion they want the first place in the grup beacouse facing Bayern or Barca in the next stage is not very confortable.

Is this game really a must win though? They've still got two games left after this including one at home to Nordsjaelland. I think it's more of a must not lose game. Realistically Juventus should be on six points after this round. A point here would give Chelsea five' date=' with three points to be awarded after they beat Nordsjaelland. That'll give them eight, with another game against Juventus. With Juventus to play Shakhtar and Chelsea the pressure is all on them IMO.[/quote'] It is a definate must win game for Chelsea Jase, because if they draw with Shakhtar and Juve beat the Dane's, Shakhtar are on 8 points, Juventus on 6, Chelsea on 5. Chelsea will pick up 3 points against the Dane's after that, that is them up to 8 points, and even if Juventus lose to Shakhtar, it means Chelsea will have to go to Juventus and get a result in order to stay in the champions league. The aim has to be 1st place, not a battle for 2nd. So i definately think it is a MUST win game for Chelsea personally.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I read today, that Chelsea will invite Guardiola in the next season, so Dimatteo must prove right now that Chelsea needs just him in a couch's role. We all saw, that Roberto is a great motivator and his team can really fight in numerous matches if they need it. Even if Shakhtar looses on Stamford, they will have home game against Juve and a 3-point game in Denmark cause Nordshelland has no chances even to enter the Europa League. So, loss against Chelsea won't be a big problem for Ukrainians. So I think [email protected] at Betfair is like a present for us:) But on the other hand Shakhtar has a 12 points handicap to the 2 place in Ukainian league, so they can easily sacrifice home championship in favor of CL. Luchesku knows that if Shkhtar gets a draw in London, their chances to get to the play-off will be 99%. So I' m sure that Shakhtar will be ready to die for the draw on Stamford and both to [email protected] looks more reasonable for me International - Champions League grp. E 2012/2013 07.11. 2012 Chelsea : Shakhtar Donetsk England - Premier League 2012/2013 11.11. 2012 Chelsea : Liverpool 17.11. 2012 West Bromwich Albion : Chelsea International - Champions League grp. E 2012/2013 20.11. 2012 Juventus : Chelsea England - Premier League 2012/2013 25.11. 2012 Chelsea : Manchester City 28.11. 2012 Chelsea : Fulham 01.12. 2012 West Ham : Chelsea International - Champions League grp. E 2012/2013 05.12. 2012 Chelsea : FC Nordsjælland Also Chelsea has a very tough calendar so this match wiil be really hot!

It is a definate must win game for Chelsea Jase, because if they draw with Shakhtar and Juve beat the Dane's, Shakhtar are on 8 points, Juventus on 6, Chelsea on 5. Chelsea will pick up 3 points against the Dane's after that, that is them up to 8 points, and even if Juventus lose to Shakhtar, it means Chelsea will have to go to Juventus and get a result in order to stay in the champions league. The aim has to be 1st place, not a battle for 2nd. So i definately think it is a MUST win game for Chelsea personally.
Agree ... Chelsea will go forward, maybe not with ''all guns blazing'', but they need to attack. As much as I see their scoring potential great, I also do not trust them at all at the back. Hate to compare games from local Leagues and CL, but the defense is certainly not looking well. On a good day Cech would compensate most of that, but the attacking options of Shakhtar are ever so dangerous. Fast football, great skills, keep the ball low - I will go for goals, and odds are appealing to me. True, the Ukrainians will approach the game not to lose, but sitting just at the back and absorbing a wave after wave from Chelsea ? Lucescu is smarter than that. Over 2,75 Goals at 1,95 with bet365 GL

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I'm on Chelsea here too. I think it's a decent (if not great) price. As I understand it John Terry will be back, and whatever you think of him he will should improve the Chelsea team and bring a needed sense of leadership. Rather than going in too big with the sngle I will probably double up with United to win at Braga. The Braga game won't be easy at all, but United have showed they are coming into form and even if they concede (which they probably will) the should have too much firepower. Chelsea to win: 2 units at 21/20 with Betvictor Chelsea/United double: 2 units just under 4/1 (4.87)

It is a definate must win game for Chelsea Jase, because if they draw with Shakhtar and Juve beat the Dane's, Shakhtar are on 8 points, Juventus on 6, Chelsea on 5. Chelsea will pick up 3 points against the Dane's after that, that is them up to 8 points, and even if Juventus lose to Shakhtar, it means Chelsea will have to go to Juventus and get a result in order to stay in the champions league. The aim has to be 1st place, not a battle for 2nd. So i definately think it is a MUST win game for Chelsea personally.
Fair points :ok I just think the aim in these circumstances is to qualify, rather than take top spot. I don't feel top spot is imperative as whoever they play in the next phase will be strong, and it's too difficult for the players / management to look at the next phase and realistically aim for a side to participate against. Obviously all punters will be looking at who Chelsea may play in the next round, but I don't think it'll be the same for Chelsea.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) 4pts Chelsea vs Shakhtar - Over 2.5 goals 4/5 Blue Square Both these sides like to attack and I expect to see some goals in this match. Chelsea don’t have to win but they will save themselves a lot of anxiety if they can win while Shakhtar would probably take a point but seem to only play in one way – on the front foot and offensively. Chelsea’s defence isn’t tight, we’ve seen that all season but they have a number of talented attacking players so I think we’ll see goals in this game and at least three of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-shakhtar-donetsk-betting-stamford-bridge-can-play-host-to-a-few-goals-between-two-attacking-sides

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) For Juventus - Nordsjeland i think Juventus win to 0 is very good bet 1,72 . Ijust can't see Nordsjeland score a goal to Juve in Italy. Their goal in Denmark was from free kick and this game is a must win game for Juve. For me Juve win to 0 1.72 (bet365). For Chelsea - Shakhtar D. i think that here may be agreement between this to clubs to exchange the wins, Abramovich is russian and Gazprom are Shakhtar investors. If you forgot about that Chelsea are palying at home and are more experienced team. Don't forget that Chelsea are pesent winners of CL. Prediction: Chelsea -0,5 2.025 (bet365).

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I agree with Riot88. Nrds will most likely copy their behavior from the away game in Donetsk when they were tightly defending and did not create any good scoring opportunity. Furthermore, Juve has quite a good record of keeping clean sheets in Serie A. I don't think that the Italians will get easily their first goal and I would not be surprised if they don't score by half-time. However, they should win eventually for certain and 1:0 or 2:0 seem like very likely outcomes. Anyway, the longer it takes Juve to score their opener, the lesser the chances that Nrds will attack and score a goal. Probably a serious threat to this bet will be if Juventus takes a good lead and becomes sloppy in defense in the end of the game.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) About Chelsea-Shakhtar: Goal/Goal is the most secure choice in my opinion. 1.61 is not a stunning price, but considering the very high likelihood of both teams scoring, I think the real price should be around 1.40. The bookies, in my opinion, have a little under-estimated Shakhtar's offensive power. In fact, Chelsea very rarely manages to keep clean sheet this year and they too often concede more than one. Luckily for them, they score plenty of goals which often make up for their defensive mishaps. I don't doubt that Chelsea will attack ferociously and should get at least a goal, but most likely a few. Shakhtar theoretically should be happy with the draw, but I don't see them parking the bus. It's just not their style of play. The Ukrainians resemble Borussia Dortmund in their style of play - the midfield pressuring very deep the opposition, a lot of fluidity and inter-change of positions in the attack, fast and clinical counters. It's just hard to imagine these guys not scoring, especially against leaky Chelsea defense. Also over 2.5 might be tried, although it is a little more risky, but it is paid better - at 1.75. I would personally refrain from any "1X2" bets, because this one is very, very unpredictable.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I don't know why everyone is so confident about a Chelsea win. Shaktar have proved to be a very good side in this CL round, grabbing a point away at Juventus and beating both Chelsea and and Nrds with a comfortable victory. When looking at Shaktars recent performances, they obviously are in great form. Does anybody have some numbers on their recent streaks? Also, Chelsea must win, which makes it even more dangerous for them considering the way Shaktar are playing. Shaktar have very skilled attackers and midfielders and attackers so the will most likely score. I would not bet on a victory of either one of the teams but I would place a bet on both teams to score. That's much more safe, and almost a certainty.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Morning Guys, Chelsea Vs Shakhtar - Shakhtar (Double Chance) @ 1.75 (William Hill) Going against popular opinion on this one. There is no doubting Chelsea are a decent side this season under RDM, however tonight they are up against an extremely efficient and dangerous Ukranian side. Shakhtar come into this one in the knowledge that if they get a point at minimum it leaves them in a great position to qualify from the group, even as group winners. In the last round of games we witnessed how dangerous this side are, they beat Chelsea 2-1 and looked constantly threatening. Tonight I think we will see this slick attacking style once again. The Shakhtar side has a fairly large Brazilian element to it and that spells one thing for Chelsea, danger. RDM will have to be wary of pushing too many players up the park, as one swift counter from Shakhtar and they could find themselves in big trouble. Guys like Fernandhino, Luiz Adriano and Willian will all be more than capable of causing this Chelsea side, who are missing several players (Ashley Cole, Lampard and potentially Mata/David Luiz who face late fitness tests) problems. The Ukranians have taken a twenty-man strong squad to London and have reportedly no injuries worries ahead of this one. Overall I think the price on the away win/draw is appealing and it's always night to have two outcomes out of the three in your favour. Especially when you are backing a side who have yet to lose a game this season (in Europe and Domestically) and have only drawn one (away to Juve in the CL) whilst winning the remaining 16 games they have played, impressive record for an impressive side IMO. GL with your bets.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea v Shakhtar Donetsk over 3.5 @ 2.84 sportsbet Chelsea know that they have to win here and will look to attack at every opportunity especially at home, in front of their own fans. They have quality players when going forward and expect them to provide a much better performance than the one they showed against Shatar last time out where they lost 2-1. Shaktar played very well in this game and will look to counter Chelsea whenever possible as Chelsea are sure to leave holes in the back when going forward. Chelsea have conceded in each of their last 5 EPL games, as well as two goals against Shaktar, and a 2-2 home draw with Juventus. Like this to be another high scoring game as Shaktar also drew with Juventus (1-1) as well as scoring and conceding against Chelsea. Juventus -2.5 @ 2.35 pinnacle Juventus will be looking to jump into second place with a win here, and even if Chelsea win and they stay third, they will have decreased the gap between them and Shaktar who lead the group. Though they surprisingly drew 1-1 against FC Nordsjælland in Denmark, some complacency may have caused this, but given the importance of a win here, doubt that they will allow this to happen again. FC Nordsjælland lost 4-0 at home to Chelsea and lost 2-0 away to Shaktar Donetsk, and believe they are in for a tough time in Turin, as Juve should have too much class for them, and hopefully this time around, they will finish off the chances they create

Morning Guys, ... Especially when you are backing a side who have yet to lose a game this season (in Europe and Domestically) and have only drawn one (away to Juve in the CL) whilst winning the remaining 16 games they have played, impressive record for an impressive side IMO.
That is indeed very impressive, and actually they are now unbeaten in 18 winning 17. Nevertheless, let's not forget that Chelsea didn't lose at Stanford Bridge for 86 matches, a record run that spanned four years and eight months, until their recent 2-3 loss to ManUtd, in which they conceded the 2-3 goal whilst playing 9 vs 11 - a record almost, if not even more, extraordinary. To sum up, two great teams with high CL aspirations will play in what is for me the game to watch of all matchday 4 games. Attacking threats in both squads, Shakhtar with a full squad, Ashley Cole ruled out for Chelsea - this has the potential to be a tantalizing fixture. As Mircea Lucescu states "I prepare my players knowing very well that absolutely all teams can be beaten – even Chelsea at home" Taking all this into account I will go with Both teams to score at 1.61 with bet365. Good luck!

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea already without Terry and now Cole will suffer even more on the counter attack tonight against Shahktars pacey forward line. I can also see Chelsea scoring tonight so I think there will definitely be goals. Because Chelsea will just wear them down. Both Teams to Score - 1.60 - 8 Points Over 2.5 Goals - 1.70 - 8 points As for the match itself I think is unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if Shahktar won/draw because there more than capable. Due to the results last night I think there is a change in power going on, English teams no longer seem to be competitive as they once were..... Juventus finally lost at the weekend after 49 games undefeated, the big question is how will they respond. I think this loss has lifted alot of pressure off them and can see them taking all this out on Nordsjælland tonight. Juventus have been very poor since good start against Chelsea and haven't won in Champions league in 4 years. So I fancy a big win, maybe cheeky punt on 5-0 ;-)

That is indeed very impressive, and actually they are now unbeaten in 18 winning 17. Nevertheless, let's not forget that Chelsea didn't lose at Stanford Bridge for 86 matches, a record run that spanned four years and eight months, until their recent 2-3 loss to ManUtd, in which they conceded the 2-3 goal whilst playing 9 vs 11 - a record almost, if not even more, extraordinary. To sum up, two great teams with high CL aspirations will play in what is for me the game to watch of all matchday 4 games. Attacking threats in both squads, Shakhtar with a full squad, Ashley Cole ruled out for Chelsea - this has the potential to be a tantalizing fixture. As Mircea Lucescu states "I prepare my players knowing very well that absolutely all teams can be beaten – even Chelsea at home" Taking all this into account I will go with Both teams to score at 1.61 with bet365. Good luck!
That Stamford Bridge record is spectacluar to be honest....there is a fair chance Chelsea will win tonight, I just feel with their injuries etc and a few things going against them recently, the Ukranian side will fancy their chances. Both teams to score is probably a safer bet, however I think I'll go with my instinct of Shakthar double chance. Thanks for your input though my friend.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Lucescu beat Chelsea at home in this competition back in 2003 when he coached Besiktas. Might be long time since then, but Lucescu built a strong and aggressive Brazilian team in Shakhtar and I think both to score is best to pick here. I fancy Chelsea also to grab the three points but I'm more safe with the goal market I believe.

That is indeed very impressive' date=' and actually they are now unbeaten in 18 winning 17. Nevertheless, let's not forget that [b']Chelsea didn't lose at Stanford Bridge for 86 matches, a record run that spanned four years and eight months, until their recent 2-3 loss to ManUtd, in which they conceded the 2-3 goal whilst playing 9 vs 11 - a record almost, if not even more, extraordinary. To sum up, two great teams with high CL aspirations will play in what is for me the game to watch of all matchday 4 games. Attacking threats in both squads, Shakhtar with a full squad, Ashley Cole ruled out for Chelsea - this has the potential to be a tantalizing fixture. As Mircea Lucescu states "I prepare my players knowing very well that absolutely all teams can be beaten – even Chelsea at home" Taking all this into account I will go with Both teams to score at 1.61 with bet365. Good luck!
Just off the top of my head Chelsea lost to Villa and Liverpool at Stamford Bridge last season.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea should have Terry in tonight , are you sure he is out? Cannot see losing Chelsea, yes Shaktar is a very good team, but Stamford Bridge will be a stern test for them, and if they will pass it without damage, and can mantain the actual form, can become a surprise for semifinal. Chelsea can also accept a draw because they will have Nordsjaelland and so 3 sure point; given the win of Juventus today, standings would be Shaktar 8 Juventus 6 Chelsea 5 Next Juve at Shaktar can't see them winning there, and so we will have at least shaktar 9 Chelsea 8 Juventus 7 So it will be up to last game at Turin in the worsts of ipothesys. I think that Chelsea -0.25 is a decent bet, who can play this one. For me in Italy the only one is chelsea at 1,98 at betuniq with 4/10 stake I like a lot Chelsea, beside their recent form, Shakatr is suddenly becoming Barcellona now, and whe are forgotting instead who are the campions and who is prepared to such games, to all respect of shaktar players

I don't agree with this! Losing or drawing does not make much of a difference to Chelsea - in both cases they will have to play a decisive game in Turin, where if they lose, they will be out. Only if Chelsea wins tonight, they probably be sure to qualify (of course if they beat Nrds at home) and will avoid a decisive clash with Juve. Hence, Chelsea basically have nothing to lose here. They can engage in full-scale attacks. On the other hand, draw will be more than fine for Shakhtar, of course. P.S. Actually I realize that Juve-Chelsea will be next round. Which makes winning tonight even more of a necessity for Chelsea. Because otherwise, it is very possible that already qualified Shakhtar won't be motivated in the last round against Juve at home and could easily give away three points. So, drawing or losing is more or less the same for the London team - they will be going for a victory.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) JT is back, his ban doesn't apply to european matches and it is finished anyway which is good news, if you are a chelsea fan. This game has a higher importance and if we can play anything like we did in the middle section vs united then we should be capable to win this. We have already seen they are far from a pushover, but hopefully our midfield will outgun them.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea players may be tired tonight. They had a tough week meeting Manutd twice and Drawing away against Swansea. Unlike Fergie Di Matteo didn't rotate his squad in the Capital cup match, so weariness might be an issue. I'll be looking for a + handicap on Shaktar.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Suppose Shakhtar will loose, but I will bet on cards total in this match. I'm sure there will be a few cards so my bet is Under 5 cards for 1.9 in Bet365. Just explore cards stats of referee Carlos Velasco Carballo http://corner-stats.com/index.php?route=football/game&id=21001 . At first sight this referee shows many cards, but it is spanish referee, there are always many cards in spanish football. If we look at cards stats of this referee in Champions League or League Europe - we'll see that average total of cards is 3.6 but not 5! Shakhtar and Chelsea are professional football teams so I expect to see today smart football but not rough game

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Shaktar to win vs. Chelsea @3,9 Shaktar to win with hc -1 vs chelsea @7 Over 2,5 goals Chelsea had major Problems vs. Shaktar weeks ago. Shaktar is a mismatch for chelsea in my opinion. They have what it takes to beat Chelsea. Hungry, fast and able to score attackers. Chelsea defense is very weakened with Cole missing. They are not stable at all and cocnede goals. Shaktar is a goal scoring machine. Their whole attack is prolific in front of goal. Shaktars defense line isnt world class but their whole organisation is much better then chelseas. Still Chelsea will score vs. Shaktar givin their offensive talent and motivation in front of their fans. Chelsea will have the same problem in defending pacy Shaktar attacks. I cant see how they will solve this problem. It might be even worse as they are destined to attack in front of their own fans. A very hard game for chelsea given the pressure. Onthe other hand Shaktar is full of confidence and will try to win this game.

Re: Group E > Nov 7 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juve to win hc -2 vs. Nordsjaelland. Nordsjaellands captain was injured and is not fully fit. Juve might miss Vucinic. Norsjaelland played a very euphoric game last time and worked hard to contain Juve. Juve was a bit surprised that they couldnt get hold of the ball but I expect them to have something to reduce Nordsjaelland ball possesion game this time around. After Nordsjalland scored the goal in the first game they where overrun by an awaken Juve side and had luck to not loose the game. I expect Juve to wear them at one point or the other down. Nordsjaelland did crumble vs. all their opponents in the last 10-20 minutes and I expect the same to happen here. The midweek Action might also start to pay back on a team that isnt that deep in quality on the bench. They had to invest too much to contain Juve in a game where Juve wasnt that awake until they were behind. Also Nordsjealland while sometimes fast on the counter didnt look dangerous in front of goal. Juve will be focused as they need the points and want also to avoid being embarassed in front of their own fans. I bet buffon betted today on a big win ;)