** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Olympiacos v Montpellier HSC (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Olympiakos are a nice price here when you take into consideration their good home record in the CL and Montpellier's lack of experience in the competition. Olympiakos are flying in their domestic league [unlike Montpellier] and with a noisy home crowd, it's a great chance for them to gain some ground on Schalke or Arsenal perhaps. the 1.99 at Pinnacle has to be snapped up. Reckon Arsenal could be a tad shorter and worth a shot at those odds. 3.25 DNB with Bet365 looks good too me.

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos)

Olympiakos are a nice price here when you take into consideration their good home record in the CL and Montpellier's lack of experience in the competition. Olympiakos are flying in their domestic league [unlike Montpellier] and with a noisy home crowd' date= it's a great chance for them to gain some ground on Schalke or Arsenal perhaps. the 1.99 at Pinnacle has to be snapped up.
Olympiacos Win @ 1.962 - 5dimes.eu Totally agree. I haven't seen either side play but looking at their season performances, this seems like terrific value. In all away matches Montpellier is 2-2-3 with 11 goals scored and conceded while Olympiacos at home (in Greece & Europe) is 5-0-1 with 16 scored and only 3 conceded. Basically the numbers suggest Montpellier stinks this season after losing players like Giroud. I am also tempted to take Olympiacos -1AH @ 2.84 (5dimes.eu). If anyone who is familiar with these teams would like add or refute anything I've said, please pitch in. Like I said, I haven't seen the teams play at all. [TABLE] [TR] [TD=width: 101][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Olympiakos are a nice price here when you take into consideration their good home record in the CL and Montpellier's lack of experience in the competition. Olympiakos are flying in their domestic league [unlike Montpellier] and with a noisy home crowd' date= it's a great chance for them to gain some ground on Schalke or Arsenal perhaps. the 1.99 at Pinnacle has to be snapped up.
Olympiacos Win @ 1.962 - 5dimes.eu Totally agree. I haven't seen either side play but looking at their season performances, this seems like terrific value. In all away matches Montpellier is 2-2-3 with 11 goals scored and conceded while Olympiacos at home (in Greece & Europe) is 5-0-1 with 16 scored and only 3 conceded. Basically the numbers suggest Montpellier stinks this season after losing players like Giroud. I am also tempted to take Olympiacos -1AH @ 2.84 (5dimes.eu). If anyone who is familiar with these teams would like add or refute anything I've said, please pitch in. Like I said, I haven't seen the teams play at all. [TABLE] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) 4pts Schalke to beat Arsenal 10/11 Paddy Power I look at this game and I really do think this will be all about the Schalke attack. If they can penetrate the Arsenal defence like you would expect them to be able to then I would expect them to win this match. Arsenal have just started to question themselves going forward in the big matches and are without a lot of the pace and movement they hurt teams with in this match so there’s enough to believe Schalke will run out winners here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schalke-vs-arsenal-betting-schalke-can-complete-the-double-over-low-on-confidence-arsenal

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) schalke vs arsenal imo goals are the bet here, schalke did get a small smack by middletableish hoffenheim...(3:2) and need to push a bit more than usual. previous 2 matches didnt go their way either... well arsenal isnt bad atm... im quite certain they can get 1 or 2 goals from this match and imo schalke is up for the job aswell... over 2,5 at 1,7 fortuna

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Schalke v Arsenal - Both Teams To Score @ 1.65 Sportsbet Arsenal are good enough going forward to grab a goal here, and have been good enough away to some tough sides this year (United, City, etc.). I don't think they are capable of winning though so I'll stick with both sides scoring. Schalke should win this one at home and will need a few goals to do so, and at the very least should be good enough to grab a goal and secure a draw at home. I was tempted to go with the overs here, but will avoid just in case and take the safer BTTS option.

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Olympiakos v Montpellier over 2.5 @ 2.15 pinnacle Olympiakos have scored and conceded in each of their three CL games and as such have gone over. Montpellier too, has scored and conceded in each of their three CL games and have gone over. With Olympiakos needing a win to stay in contention for a top two spot and progression from the group, while Montpellier need a win to get off the bottom of the table, then doubt either side will play this conservatively. Like both teams to score and go looking for the winner to send it over.

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Schalke-Arsenal London under 2.75 @1.90 5/10 188bet (fair under 2.5 @1.85) Schalke lost totally undeserved to Hoffenheim with 2:3 at the weekend. They were the better team, had great chances, one legal goal was disallowed plus Hoffenheim received a penalty for nothing. They are on a good run actually having won the first leg totally deserved with 2:0. Arsenal were really poor, they lost 0:2 at the Emirates without having a single shot on goal. Also in their away fixture against Norwich they were harmless. Norwich had no real difficulties with the Gunners. THen they beat Queens Park Rangers 1:0 and that goal fell through an clear offside position. At the weekend they lost 1-2 to their rivals Manchester United. But that results is not reflecting the match at all: the Red Devils had a host of huge chances like Rooney's missed penalty or Valencia failing to score from 5m. Arsenal had their first shot in the 94th minute by Cazorla which was a nice goal. They look really poor up front. Oxlade-Chamberlain (1 assist) remains out as winger Gervinho (3 goals). Walcott will be assessed in front of the match. Midfielder Ramsey (1 assist) is out with an injury sustained in the match against Man United. Left-back Gibbs (2 asssists) is still out so Andre Santos will continue on that position. He is poor and won't helpf the offense at all. Midfielders Rosicky and Diaby are as well out. Arsenal have a poor offense and neither Podolski nor Giroud will have any big impact for them. Schalke are the better side, at least at the moment but should find it tough to break that defense too quick. Nice line here, GL

In all away matches Montpellier is 2-2-3 with 11 goals scored and conceded while Olympiacos at home (in Greece & Europe) is 5-0-1 with 16 scored and only 3 conceded.
Slightly misleading stats IMO as Olympiakos play far weaker opponents in the Greek league, than Marseille do in the French.

Slightly misleading stats IMO as Olympiakos play far weaker opponents in the Greek league' date=' than Marseille do in the French.[/quote'] Those stats are ALL matches played (domestic and european) home and away, respectively. Obviously, the French league is better than Greek; I wasn't claiming otherwise. C'mon Jase, if you're gonna knit-pick, do more than state the obvious.

Slightly misleading stats IMO as Olympiakos play far weaker opponents in the Greek league' date=' than Marseille do in the French.[/quote'] Also, its Montpellier not Marseille. The least you could do is try to get your facts straight when criticizing.

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Schalke vs Arsenal - Draw @ 3/1 Pinnacle Important game for Arsenal after a poor run of performances and even though i'd like them to go out in the group stages :lol i have a slight feeling they may pick something up from tonights game. They already have 6 points on the board from 3 games and i reckon Arsene Wenger would probably take a draw tonight with a home game coming in a fortnights time. They dont have the best away record in europe but are certainly capable of gaining some revenge for their defeat in the reverse fixture. The have both Jack Wilshere and Bacary Sagna back for their first CL games of the season and i certainly think this will help sure them up defensively. Schalke proved they are not one to take lightly after their win in the Emirates but they failed to beat Montpellier in their only home game so far despite having a man advantage for half the game. My prediction is 1-1. Olympiakos to beat Montpellier @ 11/10 Bet365 Think anything over evens is a fair price on the home side here. The greek side started there CL campaign badly with deafeats to Schalke and Arsenal but they are a difficult side to beat at home and may just have too much for the poor travelling French side. Montepellier have won just 1 of their last 5 away games and come into the game off the back off a dissapointing draw with Troyes. Olympiakos have gained a decent amount of champions league experience over the last few years and i think that will count for alot in this one. These 2 sides look to be competing for the Europa league spot and that is probably more of a priority for the greek side with Montepellier struggling in their domestic league. Can see goals here too, perhaps a 2-1 home win.

Also' date=' its Montpellier not Marseille. The least you could do is try to get your facts straight when criticizing.[/quote'] Chill out, Jase just gave an opinion, was not knit-picking. :ok

Those stats are ALL matches played (domestic and european) home and away' date=' respectively. Obviously, the French league is better than Greek; I wasn't claiming otherwise. C'mon Jase, if you're gonna knit-pick, do more than state the obvious.[/quote'] Not knit picking at all :ok But why use the data as reasoning when it is so obviously irrelevant.... :) Gl with your pick :ok

But why use the data as reasoning when it is so obviously irrelevant.... :)
When considered in isolation, I think home and away form are relevant. For example, Bayern has demonstrated magnificent home form but away has been less so--hammered by BATE (from far inferior league) and lost to Leverkusen. Hence, while strength of domestic league clearly matters, home and away form is a related yet separate key consideration, which in Bayern's case (if they were to play another BATE-type away), I would have to discount their superiority because of relatively poor away results. I was only trying to contribute some info to the Olympiacos match because (A) it seems like great value (even better today 2.16 @ 5dimes.eu) and (B) not many ppl have discussed this match. I do apologize for being snarky, but I felt your criticism was rather off-hand and not to well thought out. Cheers

Schalke 04 - Arsenal Both sides are inconsistent at the moment and both score and concede goals. It is really difficult to predict a result here so the goals is the obvious bet here in my opinion. Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 William Hill
Followed ! GL

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I will follow those who back Olympiakos today, at 2,10...I also think that this will be far more open game than people expect - the misleading comes from the fact that both teams are from relatively low-scoring Leagues. On the other had Oly are going for a win, so one team goes forward for sure. The French have nothing to lose, so I expect them to go relaxed in the game, and as French teams often do - score and go Over 2,5 Goals. The game in Schalke doesn't fit here, as after the red card a possible Over was ''dead''... So added Over 2,5 Goals at tasty 2,05, plus a small bet on Over 3,5 Goals at 3,55. Looks brave but makes sense to me... GL

I will follow those who back Olympiakos today, at 2,10...I also think that this will be far more open game than people expect - the misleading comes from the fact that both teams are from relatively low-scoring Leagues. On the other had Oly are going for a win, so one team goes forward for sure. The French have nothing to lose, so I expect them to go relaxed in the game, and as French teams often do - score and go Over 2,5 Goals. The game in Schalke doesn't fit here, as after the red card a possible Over was ''dead''... So added Over 2,5 Goals at tasty 2,05, plus a small bet on Over 3,5 Goals at 3,55. Looks brave but makes sense to me... GL
For the record this was the highest-priced Over when Oly were away to France...Fingers crossed again!

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Arsenal +0.5 AH 1.97 @ Betfair - The odds of 1.86 on Schalke at Betfair suggest that they would only win this game 54% of the time and that is too high IMO. Although Arsenal played very poorly against United and should have lost by more, at the end of the day they only lost 2-1 at Old Trafford. Statistically they have the best defence in the premier league conceding only 8 goals in 10 games and in that time they have played some tough opponents including Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool and 3 of which were away. Schalke are a good side but i think they're fairly even with Arsenal and there is not much between the two sides. Schalke drew 2-2 with Montpellier in their last home Champions League game which is not that impressive considering that is Montpellier's only point after 3 games and both Olympiakos and Arsenal have beaten Montpellier away. It is important that Arsenal do not lose this game as they would be 4 points behind Schalke with 2 games remaining so their fate would be out of their hands in regards to topping the group and then they might have to fight it out with Olympiakos for the second spot and Arsenal still have to go to Greece. I think we won't see too many goals in this game and i think Arsenal will keep it tight and try and nick this game 1-0 and i'm backing them to go to Schalke tonight and get something. This Arsenal team is not as bad as many in the media make out (and this is coming from a Spurs fan!) and they still have some good players with Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Vermalaen and Sagna and i expect them all to play tonight and i think they are too big at 7/2 to win as i think they should be between 9/4 and 5/2. Schalke have some quality attacking players with Huntelaar, Farfan and Afellay being the main dangermen but if Arsenal can keep them quiet then i don't really see where the threat from Schalke will come from. Schalke's recent league form has been good but they did lose their last game 3-2 at Hoffenheim so that may affect their confidence coming into this game. Although Schalke won 2-0 at the Emirates two weeks ago, i think that was a mixture of a very poor Arsenal display and a very good Schalke display and if both sides are at their best tonight then i like Arsenal's chances of at least getting something from this game. Arsenal do have quite a few injuries but they will still be able to field a strong side and this is their team tonight: Mannone, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermalaen, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud and Podolski which despite all of their injuries is a strong side and particularly the three in midfield - Arteta,Wilshere and Cazorla and i think that is where Arsenal will have a big advantage tonight over Schalke in the middle of the park. Also, Santos is not playing which is another bonus and Vermalaen will fill in at left back.

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Schalke Team Unnerstall, Howedes, Uchida, Fuchs, Matip, Holtby, Jones, Neustadter, Afellay, Farfan, Huntelaar Subs: Hildebrand, Papadopoulous, Kolasinac, Hoger, Moritz, Draxler, Marica Arsenal Team Mannone, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Walcott. Subs: Shea, Santos, Djourou, Jenkinson, Coquelin, Arshavin, Chamakh.

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Both to score in arsenal vs schalke 8/11 stan james Great odds here with two good attacking teams on show see both scoring in a good game of football,schalke have only kept one clean sheet in last 14 home games in europe and arsenal defence starting to concede a few goals to

Schalke vs Arsenal - Draw @ 3/1 Pinnacle Important game for Arsenal after a poor run of performances and even though i'd like them to go out in the group stages :lol i have a slight feeling they may pick something up from tonights game. They already have 6 points on the board from 3 games and i reckon Arsene Wenger would probably take a draw tonight with a home game coming in a fortnights time. They dont have the best away record in europe but are certainly capable of gaining some revenge for their defeat in the reverse fixture. The have both Jack Wilshere and Bacary Sagna back for their first CL games of the season and i certainly think this will help sure them up defensively. Schalke proved they are not one to take lightly after their win in the Emirates but they failed to beat Montpellier in their only home game so far despite having a man advantage for half the game. My prediction is 1-1. Olympiakos to beat Montpellier @ 11/10 Bet365 Think anything over evens is a fair price on the home side here. The greek side started there CL campaign badly with deafeats to Schalke and Arsenal but they are a difficult side to beat at home and may just have too much for the poor travelling French side. Montepellier have won just 1 of their last 5 away games and come into the game off the back off a dissapointing draw with Troyes. Olympiakos have gained a decent amount of champions league experience over the last few years and i think that will count for alot in this one. These 2 sides look to be competing for the Europa league spot and that is probably more of a priority for the greek side with Montepellier struggling in their domestic league. Can see goals here too, perhaps a 2-1 home win.
Glad Schalke got back into that one! Very good evenings work :beer

I will follow those who back Olympiakos today, at 2,10...I also think that this will be far more open game than people expect - the misleading comes from the fact that both teams are from relatively low-scoring Leagues. On the other had Oly are going for a win, so one team goes forward for sure. The French have nothing to lose, so I expect them to go relaxed in the game, and as French teams often do - score and go Over 2,5 Goals. The game in Schalke doesn't fit here, as after the red card a possible Over was ''dead''... So added Over 2,5 Goals at tasty 2,05, plus a small bet on Over 3,5 Goals at 3,55. Looks brave but makes sense to me... GL
Olympiakos Home Win - WON Olympiakos Over 2,5 Goals - WON Olympiakos Over 3.5 Goals - WON Real Madrid Over 3 Goals - WON Followed - Schalke Over 2,5 Goals - WON Should have followed my guts and go for Cards in Milano !!! City yet again proved that Mancini is not good for CL regardless how expensive his team is. To all AC Milan backers - I also wanted Milan to win, but as I said winning vs Chievo is no indication of revival, at CL level...Domestic form very, very often goes out of the window in Europe... Hope all punters had a good night !

Schalke-Arsenal London under 2.75 @1.90 5/10 188bet (fair under 2.5 @1.85) Schalke lost totally undeserved to Hoffenheim with 2:3 at the weekend. They were the better team, had great chances, one legal goal was disallowed plus Hoffenheim received a penalty for nothing. They are on a good run actually having won the first leg totally deserved with 2:0. Arsenal were really poor, they lost 0:2 at the Emirates without having a single shot on goal. Also in their away fixture against Norwich they were harmless. Norwich had no real difficulties with the Gunners. THen they beat Queens Park Rangers 1:0 and that goal fell through an clear offside position. At the weekend they lost 1-2 to their rivals Manchester United. But that results is not reflecting the match at all: the Red Devils had a host of huge chances like Rooney's missed penalty or Valencia failing to score from 5m. Arsenal had their first shot in the 94th minute by Cazorla which was a nice goal. They look really poor up front. Oxlade-Chamberlain (1 assist) remains out as winger Gervinho (3 goals). Walcott will be assessed in front of the match. Midfielder Ramsey (1 assist) is out with an injury sustained in the match against Man United. Left-back Gibbs (2 asssists) is still out so Andre Santos will continue on that position. He is poor and won't helpf the offense at all. Midfielders Rosicky and Diaby are as well out. Arsenal have a poor offense and neither Podolski nor Giroud will have any big impact for them. Schalke are the better side, at least at the moment but should find it tough to break that defense too quick. Nice line here, GL
2:2 bet lost

Re: Group B > Nov 6 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I took OVER 2.5 goals in both games here tonight, recommended by Mustafa & scotty657 and made some nice money tonight.. Great shouts by some of you who backed Olympiacos too, was at very good odds. Had a gut feeling I should only get involved in this group and made a great call as City, Real and ACM all drew.. Hope everyone had a great night, cheers :)

didnt Olympiacos beat montpellier in france last round.. 2-1.. Olymiacos look a great value bet at evens imo.. i will be snapping that price up.. anyone know if they have any missings.
didnt have enough time to post but this was a factastic bet.. well done guys on this one

Olympiakos Home Win - WON Olympiakos Over 2,5 Goals - WON Olympiakos Over 3.5 Goals - WON Real Madrid Over 3 Goals - WON Followed - Schalke Over 2,5 Goals - WON Should have followed my guts and go for Cards in Milano !!! City yet again proved that Mancini is not good for CL regardless how expensive his team is. To all AC Milan backers - I also wanted Milan to win, but as I said winning vs Chievo is no indication of revival, at CL level...Domestic form very, very often goes out of the window in Europe... Hope all punters had a good night !
well done on this. mancini proved at inter milan he was crap in the champions league, hes proved it with Man city as well. he cant perform at this level of football. man city need a new mangaer....