** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012

Please post all tips for any games taking place between November 1 and November 7 in this thread, keeps it a lot tidier and easier for people to find tips/thoughts for a given day :ok You need to show date, tip, strength of tip (in pts, not £/$/€), odds, bookmaker, also some brief reasoning will help others understand why you've went for the tip. Also, so others can decide how much stock they wish to put in your tip(s), please keep a running record of your season record so far at the end of your posts. eg.

Thursday Nov 1 Spuds (-4.5) to beat Cornets - 3pts @ 1.91 Hilliam Wills Spuds would have covered this spread in 7 of their last 8 home games against the Cornets, add to this the defensive improvements they've added in the off-season and I can't see how Cornets out enough points on the board to stay close to the Spuds ----- 2012 NBA record: (3-1) +1.83

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012 Thu Nov 1st Thunder (m/l) - 2pts @ 2.25 Paddy Power With doubts surrounding Ginobili's participation still, I think the Thunder can overcome the loss of Harden and claim a 5th consecutive win against the Spurs after derailing their title charge in the conf Final last season. Harden was named Sixth Player of the Year, but incoming Kevin Martin can add points from the bench, averaging over 17 last year and over 20 the five previous seasons. Spurs were far from impressive without Ginobili in defeating the Hornets the other day, and a similar performance tonight against the likes of Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook would make it much harder for them to make it 2 Ws for the season. At the prices, I favour the Thunder. ----- 2012 NBA record : (0-0) +0.00

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012 I will quickly post my bets for tonight. Due to lack of time, no reasoning. Sorry! Pacers to beat the Bobcats @ 1.3 Milwaukee+8 against the Celtics @ 1.91 Hawks to beat the Rockets @ 1.4 Knicks+5.5 against Miami @ 1.91 Clippers+2.5 against Lakers @ 1.91 Warriors to beat the Grizzlies @ 1.87 Thunder-9 to beat the Trail Blazers @ 1.91 Minnesota-3 to beat the Kings @ 1.91 Suns-4.5 to beat Detroit @ 1.91 all bets have been taken on bwin. Good luck!

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012 11/4: Hawks @ OKC = OKC -8,5 @ 1.85 Pinnacle 2pts Even without Harden OKC will be one of the strongest teams in the league. In fact, Martin showed in is his first two games that he's capable of doing what Harden did for the Thunder: 17 PPG on 67 TS% in 2 games so far, productive and efficient. Ibaka was struggling a lil bit but Westbrook and Durant seem to be at 85+% already. Hawks are gonna play without Smith tonight and their starting five Horford, Teague, Korver, Stephenson, Tolliver looks quite awful. So what do we have here: OKC at home against Hawks without Smith? Wouldn't be surprised about a double digit win.

Re: Our Computer Likes? New York Knicks to beat Philly 76ers. Stake 5/10 at 2.35 Interwetten. In my opinion these odds are pure madness. Knicks are playing very good offence and at the same time good defence. Carmelo Anthony is really profiling himself as a role model, being good on D and he's really looking like he's motivated, he's sharp, takes his shots and going for loose balls. Philly are a good defending team, but like we could see in the match yesterday, Anthony dismantled the D of 76ers yesterday while Novak and Smith dropped bombs with their 3pointers. In addition to the dissapointing absence of Bynum, Richardson is also confirmed not to play tonight. In my opinion the 76ers and especially Holiday failed, because of the many turnovers they had in the match. I don't really understand these odds and had expected them to be the other way around at the very least. These odds are pure value.

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012 Tue Nov 6th Raptors @ Thunder (UNDER 199pts) 3pts @ 1.91 Stan James I like the Unders for this game with the bookies who have the line set at 197, so I'll take the extra 2pts that Stan are offering with gratitude. I think we see the Thunder be more careful in possession tonight, and try and cut down on the 21 turnovers they committed in handing the Hawks the impetus they needed to leave Oklahoma with the W the other day. They also allowed 12 offensive rebounds in the game, and Scott Brooks has said they'll be studying tape hard and working all out to eliminate the errors that blighted that game. Thunder will know they need to take better care of the ball, and I think this means a 'slower' type of game, and given Thunder are shooting 45% and Raptors just 41% so far this season, I there's the potential for this to be a 95-85 type game and come in comfortably under the 199pt line

Re: Our Computer Likes?

New York Knicks to beat Philly 76ers. Stake 5/10 at 2.35 Interwetten. In my opinion these odds are pure madness. Knicks are playing very good offence and at the same time good defence. Carmelo Anthony is really profiling himself as a role model, being good on D and he's really looking like he's motivated, he's sharp, takes his shots and going for loose balls. Philly are a good defending team, but like we could see in the match yesterday, Anthony dismantled the D of 76ers yesterday while Novak and Smith dropped bombs with their 3pointers. In addition to the dissapointing absence of Bynum, Richardson is also confirmed not to play tonight. In my opinion the 76ers and especially Holiday failed, because of the many turnovers they had in the match. I don't really understand these odds and had expected them to be the other way around at the very least. These odds are pure value.
Thanks for the tip, i was on.

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012 Wed Nov 7th Bobcats (m/l) to bt Suns - 1.5pts @ 2.35 Bet365 Think the Bobcats are a bit of value in a matchup between 2 teams who likely be amongst the stragglers as the season goes on. Both come into the match on the back of blowout losses, but the hosts have had the edge over better Suns teams than this one over the last couple of seasons' clashes, and I think they're a little overpriced to take this one. Hawks to lead at end of every Q Pacers - 2pts @ 3.40 Centrebet Indiana play their 5th game in 8 days tonight against the Hawks in Atlanta, and come in on the back of their worst offensive and defensive display of the young season. Add to that they have to contend with their record at the Philips Arena - since they last won here in Dec 06 they have lost 9 straight. Atlanta have taken those victories comfortably too... by 16, 12, 14, 4, 11, 10, 14, 15 and 10... so in the absence of me being able to find a book with a -9.5 line, I am siding with the Hawks to be in the lead at the conclusion of every Q and go wire to wire with Centrebet Clippers (UNDER 99.5pts) v Spurs - 3.5pts @ 1.91 Betvictor Stat time... the Clippers have scored triple figures against the Spurs in non-OT games ONCE in the last 57 meetings, dating back to 1999

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012

Wed Nov 7th Hawks to lead at end of every Q Pacers - 2pts @ 3.40 Centrebet Indiana play their 5th game in 8 days tonight against the Hawks in Atlanta, and come in on the back of their worst offensive and defensive display of the young season. Add to that they have to contend with their record at the Philips Arena - since they last won here in Dec 06 they have lost 9 straight. Atlanta have taken those victories comfortably too... by 16, 12, 14, 4, 11, 10, 14, 15 and 10... so in the absence of me being able to find a book with a -9.5 line, I am siding with the Hawks to be in the lead at the conclusion of every Q and go wire to wire with Centrebet
Pacers are 25-22 ahead after 1st Q, but I'm not giving up on the Hawks, and will throw another point at them to win by 10+ Hawks to win by 10-13 - 0.5pts @ 7/1 Hawks to win by 14-17 - 0.5pts @ 14/1 Both in-play with Bet365

Re: NBA: Nov 1st ~ Nov 7th 2012

Wed Nov 7th Bobcats (m/l) to bt Suns - 1.5pts @ 2.35 Bet365 Hawks to lead at end of every Q Pacers - 2pts @ 3.40 Centrebet Pacers are 25-22 ahead after 1st Q, but I'm not giving up on the Hawks, and will throw another point at them to win by 10+ Hawks to win by 10-13 - 0.5pts @ 7/1 Hawks to win by 14-17 - 0.5pts @ 14/1 Clippers (UNDER 99.5pts) v Spurs - 3.5pts @ 1.91 Betvictor Stat time... the Clippers have scored triple figures against the Spurs in non-OT games ONCE in the last 57 meetings, dating back to 1999
Fact time... nba can gtf :D NBA 2012 record: 1-5 (-7.27)