** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA October 2012

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 30 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cleveland Cavaliers v Washington Wizards (23:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 31 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Miami Heat v Boston Celtics (00:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Los Angeles Lakers v Dallas Mavericks (02:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Philadelphia 76ers v Denver Nuggets (23:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Toronto Raptors v Indiana Pacers (23:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.88 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Detroit Pistons v Houston Rockets (23:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 1 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chicago Bulls v Sacramento Kings (00:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] New Orleans Hornets v San Antonio Spurs (00:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Utah Jazz v Dallas Mavericks (01:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Phoenix Suns v Golden State Warriors (02:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.78 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Los Angeles Clippers v Memphis Grizzlies (02:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I'm gonna start this season with Dallas at Lakers = Lakers -6,5 @ 1.7 Lakers had this horrible preseason record but I guess nobody really cares. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that there's a question mark behind Kobe, it'll be a game time decision according to sources. But other than that their lineup with Dwight, Nash and Gasol looks frightening. More important: Dirk and Kaman will definitely not play tonight for the Mavs. Their line-up will be something like this: Collison, Mayo, Brand, Curry, Marion. At best, that is a mediocre line-up, Curry vs Howard? Brand vs Gasol? Plus home court advantage for the Lakers? I would be quite surprised if the Lakers can't get it going vs such a mediocre Mavericks team (honestly looks like the weakest Mavs teams in years...).

Re: NBA October 2012 I definitely will go on the Wizards+5.5. Bwin offers a quote of 1.91 on this one. Reasoning: both had an equal preseason. Every team lost as much games as the other team and also won as much as the other. Surely you can not justify a bet with preseason results, but what else to look at on gameday #1? I am aware that the Wizards have some injury problems. Nevertheless they have beaten the Cavs during preseason with 4 points. The Cavaliers lost also to Milwaukee during preseason and Washington was able to beat Milwaukee. Enough facts for me to go on the Wizards with the handicap! Not sure about the other two games. I think that Miami and Los Angeles will win, but will they cover the spread? As for the Lakers I really do not think so. Roc-Jarr said it all: the most important man (Kobe) is in doubt and might not play today. I do not think that the other players got used to the new ones in such a short time. Last but not least the bad preseason results of Los Angeles will make my desciscon easier to go on the Mavs+8.5 @ 1.91 on bwin, because Curry, Marion and Mayo are no bad players and they might give L.A. a hard time with at this point newly formed team. They have definitely the better players, but we all saw that this is not all when Miami played their first regular season games with LeBron, Wayde and Bosh. They needed time and so will Howard, Nash and Kobe!

Re: NBA October 2012 Decent start yesterday. Season record 1-1 (-0.37 Units). One early bet for today: I put some money on Philadelphia to beat the Nuggets. I got that at 1.8 on bwin and took it early as I am expecting odds to drop. Philadelphia played a decent preseason and they simply have the home court and non-travel advantage here. Was suprised to see them priced at 1.8 by the bookies. Will be back with some more predictions later.