** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov

kevshat

The richest tournament in China takes place next week when the International Championship is played out. The tournament has the same format as the UK Championship so the longer matches should make for some real quality snooker. Eurosport has all the coverage on TV while the betting sites will have live streaming all week too so hopefully there's some decent dosh to be made on what should be a cracking tournament. Draw and schedule can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Drawspage/0,,13165~2958131,00.html

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Tournament preview: 1pt ew G.Dott to win International Championship 40/1 Blue Square (1/2 1-2) 1pt ew M.Fu to win International Championship 55/1 Paddy Power (1/2 1-2) Graeme Dott has benefitted from O’Sullivan’s withdrawal as he was due to meet him in the last 16 and with Neil Robertson being a poor traveller and arriving to China late after Premier League commitments the draw could continue to open up for the former world champion. He has shown in recent events sign that his form is returning so the 40/1 on him without O’Sullivan in his way looks big. Fu’s quarter could easily open up. The seeds in it are Shaun Murphy, Martin Gould, Ding Junhui and Mark Williams. Gould is unpredictable at the best of times. For whatever reason Ding’s record in China is very poor and Williams has looked out of sorts for a while so at 55/1 there’s enough going for Fu to have a good run this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/international-championship-betting-graeme-dott-can-take-advantage-of-o-sullivan-s-withdrawal-in-chengdu

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Sunday first round match previews: 4pts S.Murphy (-2.5 frames) to beat A.Higginson 5/4 Paddy Power I expect Shaun Murphy to win this match. He’s won the last four meetings between these two in the 15 red format and had at least a frame in hand on every occasion. Higginson’s safety isn’t to the level it needs to be to deny Murphy opportunities in this match and Murphy looks to be scoring well enough to take the chances he is given so that combination looks like one which will favour the Magician to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-higginson-betting-shaun-murphy-should-come-through-first-round-match-comfortably 3pts R.Day to beat N.Robertson 9/4 Blue Square I like Ryan Day in this match. Even if Robertson isn’t tired or jet lagged, and I don’t believe for one minute he won’t be, he still doesn’t have the best record in overseas tournaments and was bashed up 5-0 in the Shanghai Masters by Joe Perry recently. Ryan Day retains all his ability and if he can get his nose in front here he may not be for catching. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-day-betting-ryan-day-can-take-advantage-of-robertson-s-punishing-schedule

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov 3 outrights for me in total. These two.....

Tournament preview: 1pt ew G.Dott to win International Championship 40/1 Blue Square (1/2 1-2) 1pt ew M.Fu to win International Championship 55/1 Paddy Power (1/2 1-2) Graeme Dott has benefitted from O’Sullivan’s withdrawal as he was due to meet him in the last 16 and with Neil Robertson being a poor traveller and arriving to China late after Premier League commitments the draw could continue to open up for the former world champion. He has shown in recent events sign that his form is returning so the 40/1 on him without O’Sullivan in his way looks big. Fu’s quarter could easily open up. The seeds in it are Shaun Murphy, Martin Gould, Ding Junhui and Mark Williams. Gould is unpredictable at the best of times. For whatever reason Ding’s record in China is very poor and Williams has looked out of sorts for a while so at 55/1 there’s enough going for Fu to have a good run this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/international-championship-betting-graeme-dott-can-take-advantage-of-o-sullivan-s-withdrawal-in-chengdu
and..... 2pts P.Ebdon to win 4th Quarter 9/2 Skybet Peter Ebdon has a kick start on the rest of the players in this quarter in that he's already won his first round match as Stephen Lee's suspension has given Ebdon a walkover so he only has to win two matches to win this quarter. It is highly likely that the first match will be against Stephen Maguire, a man he bored into submission in last year's China Open final and then he could face Mark Selby in the quarter final, if Selby gets that far which is far from a certainty with the way he was playing in the Premier League the other night. Ebdon enjoys playing in China and still has enough in his game to trouble the top players especially over the longer distances and at 9/2 I think he's value to win this bottom quarter with the headstart he already has.

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Just one bet for me on the opening day which is this one.

3pts R.Day to beat N.Robertson 9/4 Blue Square I like Ryan Day in this match. Even if Robertson isn’t tired or jet lagged, and I don’t believe for one minute he won’t be, he still doesn’t have the best record in overseas tournaments and was bashed up 5-0 in the Shanghai Masters by Joe Perry recently. Ryan Day retains all his ability and if he can get his nose in front here he may not be for catching. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-day-betting-ryan-day-can-take-advantage-of-robertson-s-punishing-schedule

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov 5pts Day plus 2.5 frames v Robertson at 5/6 stan james Agree totally wit kev here Day finally starting to show some form and Robertson hammered in premier league this week.Not taking the match bet playing it safe,also thinkin of Morgan to win against Davis in seniors he was in awesome form yesterday

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Monday early previews: 4pts C.Yupeng (+3.5 frames) to beat J.Higgins 8/11 Betfred I think the match Yupeng has already played in this tournament will help him immensely in this match. Higgins can’t possibly be 100% fresh given his hectic schedule and while you think he will win he is likely to make a few errors and we saw on Sunday that Cao is scoring well enough to gobble up any chances he is given. Cao will be used to the conditions and I think he can win at least three frames here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-cao-betting-john-higgins-could-be-made-to-work-hard-for-his-opening-win-in-chengdu 4pts M.Selby vs A.Carter - Over 9.5 frames 6/5 Paddy Power I think this will be a close match between two players who are clearly playing well. I know their meeting in Antwerp a couple of weeks ago was anything but close but the PTC’s are different to best of 11’s where there’s much more time to get into the match. Both men score well and have good safety games and this could easily be a final not a first round match. I expect it to be close and won no easier than 6-4 either way whoever wins. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-carter-betting-two-former-chinese-tournament-winners-can-produce-close-clash-in-chengdu

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Monday second session previews: 4pts M.Stevens (-2.5 frames) to beat Z.Xintong 11/10 Bet365 Zhao may not be a mug but I don’t think he’ll lose this match and lose it fairly comfortably. We have to take Matthew Stevens on his word regarding his preparation for this event especially given how honest he was regarding previous tournaments and if he is at his best then that should be enough to win this no worse than 6-3. Zhao might have his moments but not enough to stop Stevens covering a -2.5 frame handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-xintong-betting-matthew-stevens-can-cruise-into-the-second-round-of-the-international-championship 4pts G.Dott (-1.5 frames) to beat D.Dale 10/11 Stan James I like Graeme Dott here. I think he will be too solid for Dominic Dale and I expect him to win by a couple of frames at least. When Dott plays well, like he seems to be doing right now, he can be a very tough nut to crack while Dale still has a little bit of a looseness about his game in my eyes. At a shade under evens I think the bet in this match is for Dott to cover a -1.5 frame handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-dale-betting-graeme-dott-should-be-too-good-for-dominic-dale-in-china

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov 3 for me on Monday. These two......

4pts M.Selby vs A.Carter - Over 9.5 frames 6/5 Paddy Power I think this will be a close match between two players who are clearly playing well. I know their meeting in Antwerp a couple of weeks ago was anything but close but the PTC’s are different to best of 11’s where there’s much more time to get into the match. Both men score well and have good safety games and this could easily be a final not a first round match. I expect it to be close and won no easier than 6-4 either way whoever wins. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-carter-betting-two-former-chinese-tournament-winners-can-produce-close-clash-in-chengdu
Monday second session previews: 4pts M.Stevens (-2.5 frames) to beat Z.Xintong 11/10 Bet365 Zhao may not be a mug but I don’t think he’ll lose this match and lose it fairly comfortably. We have to take Matthew Stevens on his word regarding his preparation for this event especially given how honest he was regarding previous tournaments and if he is at his best then that should be enough to win this no worse than 6-3. Zhao might have his moments but not enough to stop Stevens covering a -2.5 frame handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-xintong-betting-matthew-stevens-can-cruise-into-the-second-round-of-the-international-championship
and.... 4pts L.Ning to beat B.Pinches 11/10 Bet365 I like Lu Ning here. He had a couple of good wins in the wildcard rounds of tournaments last season and then went on to beat Shaun Murphy in the first round of the China Open last season so that in itself shows us that the youngster can play good snooker. To be fair to Barry Pinches he's been a lot better this season than in previous ones but he still hasn't played in China much in big matches and having qualified for this tournament he's in the position where he's hard done by in that he effectively has to qualify for it again. That's never an easy thing to do and mentally plays on your mind too I would imagine. We saw a few wildcards prevailing on the opening day of the tournament and I think we can see another one prevail in the final wildcard match of the tournament on Monday.

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Remaining first round odds.... [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 30 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Milkins, R (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gould, M v Fu, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v Burnett, J (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v Davis, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bingham, S v Mehta, A (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ding, Junhui v Zhou, Yuelong (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v O'Brien, F (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walden, R v Lu, Ning (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Tuesday early TV game previews: 4pts M.Williams (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Davis 4/5 Betfred These two will meet in the first round of a Chinese ranking event for the second tournament running here. They met in the Shanghai Masters earlier in the season and Williams won that match 5-1 on his way to the semi final of that tournament and I think he’ll win well again here. Throughout his career Mark Williams has been better in the longer distance matches as he tends to get going quicker without the pressure on the early frames so much. Davis will be desperate for the win here but ultimately I expect Williams to be too good in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-davis-betting-mark-williams-can-enjoy-another-comfortable-win-over-mark-davis-in-china 4pts S.Maguire (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Burnett 8/11 Skybet Despite Burnett showing a bit of form this season I like Maguire here. He scores so well that over 11 frames I expect him to be too good for Burnett who does often struggle when he meets the elite top players as he proved when he lost that PTC final to Robertson. He did beat Mark Selby in the Australian Open but Selby was having his neck problems then. Stephen Maguire hasn’t done it in the major events yet this season but we know he’s playing well and I expect him to come through here and do so no worse than 6-4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-burnett-betting-stephen-maguire-can-come-past-good-friend-burnett-in-chengdu

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Tuesday later TV game previews: 4pts Ding (-3.5 frames) to beat Z.Yuelong 6/5 Bet365 Zhou might think he has a chance but I think Ding will be a lot more comfortable in this match given that he’s playing a fellow Chinese player and one who is a considerably lower standard than he is too. This match will be all about the start. If Ding can be 3-1 up at the interval I would expect him to run out an easy winner. If he’s 2-2 or worse then this could be a long day for Ding but I think he has the quality, form and confidence to win this and win it well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ding-vs-yuelong-betting-ding-can-enjoy-smooth-start-to-his-international-championship-campaign 4pts J.Trump (-2.5 frames) to beat F.O'Brien 5/6 Bet365 The last two times these two have met, both in PTC events, Trump has won 4-0 and there’s nothing I can see which suggests he won’t win this comfortably either. Trump will score well when he gets in but he’s a lot more astute in the safety game these days even though he’s not quite there yet. His safety may not come under too much pressure here as O’Brien isn’t likely to pot everything from distance. Judd knows he has the beating of O’Brien and I expect him to win this and win it no worse than 6-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-o-brien-betting-judd-trump-can-complete-another-big-win-over-the-irishman-in-china

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov 3 for me for Tuesday which are these 3.....

Tuesday early TV game previews: 4pts M.Williams (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Davis 4/5 Betfred These two will meet in the first round of a Chinese ranking event for the second tournament running here. They met in the Shanghai Masters earlier in the season and Williams won that match 5-1 on his way to the semi final of that tournament and I think he’ll win well again here. Throughout his career Mark Williams has been better in the longer distance matches as he tends to get going quicker without the pressure on the early frames so much. Davis will be desperate for the win here but ultimately I expect Williams to be too good in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-davis-betting-mark-williams-can-enjoy-another-comfortable-win-over-mark-davis-in-china 4pts S.Maguire (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Burnett 8/11 Skybet Despite Burnett showing a bit of form this season I like Maguire here. He scores so well that over 11 frames I expect him to be too good for Burnett who does often struggle when he meets the elite top players as he proved when he lost that PTC final to Robertson. He did beat Mark Selby in the Australian Open but Selby was having his neck problems then. Stephen Maguire hasn’t done it in the major events yet this season but we know he’s playing well and I expect him to come through here and do so no worse than 6-4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-burnett-betting-stephen-maguire-can-come-past-good-friend-burnett-in-chengdu
4pts J.Trump (-2.5 frames) to beat F.O'Brien 5/6 Bet365 The last two times these two have met, both in PTC events, Trump has won 4-0 and there’s nothing I can see which suggests he won’t win this comfortably either. Trump will score well when he gets in but he’s a lot more astute in the safety game these days even though he’s not quite there yet. His safety may not come under too much pressure here as O’Brien isn’t likely to pot everything from distance. Judd knows he has the beating of O’Brien and I expect him to win this and win it no worse than 6-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-o-brien-betting-judd-trump-can-complete-another-big-win-over-the-irishman-in-china

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Second round odds... [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 31 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Fu, M v Davis, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lu, Haotian v Dale, D (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v Ebdon, P (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevens, M v Robertson, N (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Yupeng, C (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Ding, Junhui (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.86 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Mehta, A (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walden, R v Selby, M (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Wednesday early session TV previews: 4pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Stevens Evs Boylesports The way he played in the first round I think Neil Robertson has to be taken to win this and win it quite well. Stevens was missing some stupidly easy balls by the end of his match with Zhao Xintong and there has to be a hangover from that, he was so bad. Robertson will have seen the draw opening up and will realise the opportunity he has here and I think he’ll win this more comfortably than perhaps I normally would. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-stevens-betting-neil-robertson-can-cruise-into-the-quarter-finals-in-chengdu 4pts M.Fu vs M.Davis - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power These two have met twice in recent years and both times Mark Davis has won in a deciding frame and I see no reason at all why this won’t go the same way. Both men needed at least 10 frames to win their opening match this week and both look well matched to me too. I expect a close match throughout here and one which will end no worse than 6-4 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fu-vs-davis-betting-two-surprise-first-round-winners-can-play-out-a-tight-second-round-match-in-china

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Wednesday later game previews: 4pts S.Murphy vs D.Junhui - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power I expect this to be a close match, one which could even go all the way. Both men are playing well and score well and win frames in one visit so I think there will be a lot of punches and counter punches in this match to use a boxing parlance. Neither man will want to give the other an inch here so I expect it to be close throughout and end either 6-4 or 6-5 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-ding-betting-clash-of-the-second-round-can-be-close-throughout 4pts A.Mehta (+3.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 8/11 Boylesports These mid-match lapses are becoming the norm rather than the rarity for Judd Trump at the minute and that would give Mehta every chance in this match if he suffers another one here. Mehta is a perfectly good player in his own right and I think he has more than enough in him to win the three frames he needs to cover the handicap in this match. Trump should ultimately win but I think the Indian can take three frames off him first. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-mehta-betting-aditya-mehta-can-continue-to-raise-his-profile-by-running-trump-close-in-china

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov

Wednesday early session TV previews: 4pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Stevens Evs Boylesports The way he played in the first round I think Neil Robertson has to be taken to win this and win it quite well. Stevens was missing some stupidly easy balls by the end of his match with Zhao Xintong and there has to be a hangover from that, he was so bad. Robertson will have seen the draw opening up and will realise the opportunity he has here and I think he’ll win this more comfortably than perhaps I normally would. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-stevens-betting-neil-robertson-can-cruise-into-the-quarter-finals-in-chengdu 4pts M.Fu vs M.Davis - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power These two have met twice in recent years and both times Mark Davis has won in a deciding frame and I see no reason at all why this won’t go the same way. Both men needed at least 10 frames to win their opening match this week and both look well matched to me too. I expect a close match throughout here and one which will end no worse than 6-4 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fu-vs-davis-betting-two-surprise-first-round-winners-can-play-out-a-tight-second-round-match-in-china
Great tipping there Kev.

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov 5pts Murphy to beat ding at 11/10 ladbrokes Good odds here see this as been at least 50-50 here but even more in favour of murphy with ding having the pressure of china looking on which does seem to affect him recently so im taking murphy for the win here

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Cheers mate. As well as these two I'm going with two more in this session...

Wednesday later game previews: 4pts S.Murphy vs D.Junhui - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power I expect this to be a close match, one which could even go all the way. Both men are playing well and score well and win frames in one visit so I think there will be a lot of punches and counter punches in this match to use a boxing parlance. Neither man will want to give the other an inch here so I expect it to be close throughout and end either 6-4 or 6-5 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-ding-betting-clash-of-the-second-round-can-be-close-throughout 4pts A.Mehta (+3.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 8/11 Boylesports These mid-match lapses are becoming the norm rather than the rarity for Judd Trump at the minute and that would give Mehta every chance in this match if he suffers another one here. Mehta is a perfectly good player in his own right and I think he has more than enough in him to win the three frames he needs to cover the handicap in this match. Trump should ultimately win but I think the Indian can take three frames off him first. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-mehta-betting-aditya-mehta-can-continue-to-raise-his-profile-by-running-trump-close-in-china
4pts S.Murphy to beat D.Junhui 11/10 Ladbrokes Have pretty much covered the reasons why in the preview above. 3pts M.Allen (-2.5 frames) to beat C.Yupeng 6/5 Bet365 I think Mark Allen will be extra motivated to win this match after what happened between the two in the World Championship. Cao did beat Higgins in the first round but Higgins wasn't at his best whereas Mark Allen is playing some lovely snooker at the minute and appears to be full of confidence. If Allen can get in front early in this match then with the confidence he has and the way he is scoring I don't think he'll be pegged back and I would expect him to go on and win this no worse than 6-3.

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 1 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ebdon, P v Walden, R (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Allen, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lu, Haotian v Robertson, N (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Fu, M (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Thursday early QF previews: 4pts M.Allen to beat J.Trump 6/4 Betfred I’m a little bit concerned Trump hasn’t been tested in the tournament yet and he certainly won’t get the chances handed to him in this match like he has in his previous ones. Mark Allen is in excellent form at the minute and he’s making full use of his chances and I think he’ll get enough chances to win this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-allen-betting-mark-allen-can-put-trump-under-pressure-for-the-first-time-in-the-tournament 4pts P.Ebdon to beat R.Walden 5/4 Betfred Given how late Ricky Walden finished his match against Selby and the fact that this quarter final is on in the afternoon session you have to feel that will have an impact on this match. If Peter Ebdon wasn’t playing well then Walden might feel better about things but he is playing well and if he gets in front you wouldn’t think Walden would have too much mental energy to launch a fight back. Mental energy is never a worry for Ebdon and at odds against he looks good value to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/walden-vs-ebdon-betting-peter-ebdon-can-use-his-freshness-to-progress-to-the-semi-final

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Thursday late QF previews: 4pts N.Robertson (-3.5 frames) to beat L.Haotian 5/4 Stan James Lu Haotian has had an excellent run in this tournament but I’m relatively confident that it ends here. The 14 year old is really up against it here because Robertson puts pressure on his opponent’s safety shots and with him scoring like he has in this tournament he punishes mistakes to the full. Although Haotian merits respect in this quarter final I do think he’ll be outclassed and expect Robertson to be a very easy winner. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-haotian-betting-neil-robertson-can-cruise-into-the-semi-finals-of-the-international-championship 4pts S.Murphy vs M.Fu - Over 9.5 Frames 6/5 Paddy Power Both men are playing good snooker here. They are both playing tight safety and both scoring solidly when they are in. They are both getting in from distance too so every aspect of the game looks tight between the two and I expect the scoreline to at the end as well. Both men know how to go deep in tournaments, both scrap for every frame and both pot well so whoever wins this match, and I’ve a gut feel for Fu, I believe it will be won 6-4 or 6-5 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-fu-betting-two-experienced-campaigners-can-play-out-a-tight-quarter-final-in-china

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Semi final odds.... [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 2 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Murphy, S (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.71 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Ebdon, P (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Friday's semi final preview: 4pts J.Trump vs P.Ebdon - Over 14.5 frames 10/11 BetVictor Peter Ebdon’s never say die, grinding style takes on the open the balls up and pot for glory style of Judd Trump and it will be interesting to see who wins. Whoever it is who wins I don’t think it will be done quickly. Both players have played their own games very well this week and I think we’ll see enough frames favour each player’s respective game in this semi final so I expect quite a tight semi final and one which will see a frame 15 if not 16 and 17 too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-ebdon-betting-ebdon-s-grinding-style-can-ensure-this-semi-final-is-closer-than-people-think

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Going with two in the opening semi final on Friday. This one....

Friday's semi final preview: 4pts J.Trump vs P.Ebdon - Over 14.5 frames 10/11 BetVictor Peter Ebdon’s never say die, grinding style takes on the open the balls up and pot for glory style of Judd Trump and it will be interesting to see who wins. Whoever it is who wins I don’t think it will be done quickly. Both players have played their own games very well this week and I think we’ll see enough frames favour each player’s respective game in this semi final so I expect quite a tight semi final and one which will see a frame 15 if not 16 and 17 too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-ebdon-betting-ebdon-s-grinding-style-can-ensure-this-semi-final-is-closer-than-people-think
and this one.... 3pts P.Ebdon to beat J.Trump 9/4 Ladbrokes As I've said above I expect this to be a close match so Peter Ebdon looks value in this match. He is playing some good snooker this week. While it's a different type of snooker and not everyone's cup of tea it is hard to deny it's been successful given that he has beaten two very good players in Maguire and Walden for the loss of just one frame. Judd Trump is a different style of player entirely but he's not going to pot everything over a potential 17 frames so Ebdon should get chances. There will be frames when Trump gets in early and clears up but I expect there to be a lot more scrappier frames and that's not Trump's forte. Any frames that go scrappy will play right into Ebdon's hands and at 9/4 I think he's a fair price to bring out his best snooker and take his place in Sunday's final.

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov 5pts over 14.5 frames Robertson v Murphy at 8/11 coral Really cant see either player winning by more than 3 frames here,both in good form Murphy was poor against Fu in first 4 frames really could have won first 4frames but lost 3,but after the interval played really well and showed his bottle.Robertson was in good form in his match so think this will be really good close game.I also dont think Robertson should be as short as he is more 50-50 in my opinion.

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Second semi final preview: 4pts N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Murphy Evs Bet365 I think this will be a high quality semi final and for the most part I can see it being close but when the end arrives I think Neil Robertson will pull away and run out the winner. He has an excellent record when he gets to this stage of a tournament and having beaten Murphy in the Masters final earlier in the year and in the Premier League a couple of weeks ago I think he has it in him to win this again and win it 9-7 or a little bit better. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-murphy-betting-neil-robertson-can-repeat-his-masters-win-over-shaun-murphy

Re: International Championship 28 Oct - 4 Nov Final preview: 4pts N.Robertson to beat J.Trump 11/8 William Hill Neil Robertson has an excellent record in finals and I think he could well nick this one too. Sometimes in the matches against the top players he can be guilty of not scoring heavily enough but his control of the cue ball this week has been exceptional and I expect him to maximise the chances he will get in this final, and I believe he’ll get a few. Trump hasn’t been going for as many shots as he usually does in this tournament which has served him well but the better all round game belongs to Robertson and in my eyes so will the title after this one is over. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-trump-betting-neil-robertson-s-impressive-record-in-finals-can-continue-in-chengdu