Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

World Seniors Championship 2012 27-28 Oct

Re: World Seniors Championship 2012 27-28 Oct Tournament preview here: 3pts J.White to win World Seniors Championship 4/1 Boylesports In fairness to Jimmy White he didn’t do a lot wrong last year in this tournament, he just ran into an unstoppable force in Darren Morgan in the semi finals but having been playing the legends events this week we know White comes into this tournament with his cue arm nicely oiled and he retains all that competitiveness he has always had and I think he’ll be more motivated to win this tournament than any other this season having never won a world title. Jimmy had a couple of nice results in the PTC in Poland a few weeks ago and that form should run him close here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-seniors-championship-betting-jimmy-white-can-finally-win-that-elusive-world-title

Re: World Seniors Championship 2012 27-28 Oct Draw is here: Dennis Taylor v Nigel Bond Darren Morgan v Joe Johnson Alain Robidoux v Les Dodd Dene O'Kane v Barry West Mike Hallett v Jimmy White Karl Townsend v Tony Knowles Steve Davis v Cliff Thorburn Tony Drago v Tony Chappel Anyone with some more info? How old are this guys, I remember last year one of them was 70+ with few bypasses etc :) What i finded so far is that Les Dodd practiced four hours daily for last month, and also that top prize could be quite interesting to some players that should be in good form. Tony Drago for example with only 2,5 k earned in last two years. http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/34/b9/0,,13165~178484,00.pdf Also to add that format is only best of three so everything is possible.

Re: World Seniors Championship 2012 27-28 Oct Saturday first round previews: 3pts B.West to beat D.O'Kane 11/8 Bet365 Barry West is an interesting prospect though. He came through the qualifiers for this tournament and did so without losing a frame in three matches which is some achievement. Along the way he beat David Roe who was still competing on the main tour less than five years ago so that’s a decent scalp and he’s been talking up a good game going into this event. West might not be the biggest name in the tournament but he could well upset O’Kane on the opening afternoon. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-seniors-championship-betting-barry-west-can-see-off-the-challenge-of-dene-o-kane-on-the-opening-afternoon 3pts L.Dodd to beat A.Robidoux 5/4 Skybet Les Dodd clearly still fancies himself as a good player. He entered most of the PTC tournaments in their first year and even took a frame off Judd Trump in one of them and he has won a few amateur events in recent times. He owns a snooker club so we know he’ll be keeping his eye in with practice and things and he came through qualifying nicely enough. Given that Dodd still feels he can compete with the big boys enough to pay a series of entry fees into the PTC’s we have to take him to his word and take him to beat a Robidoux who hasn’t been seen on a snooker table for a good while. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-seniors-championship-betting-les-dodd-should-have-enough-in-him-to-see-off-alain-robidoux-in-first-round

Just the one outright for me in this event which is this one......

Tournament preview here: 3pts J.White to win World Seniors Championship 4/1 Boylesports In fairness to Jimmy White he didn’t do a lot wrong last year in this tournament, he just ran into an unstoppable force in Darren Morgan in the semi finals but having been playing the legends events this week we know White comes into this tournament with his cue arm nicely oiled and he retains all that competitiveness he has always had and I think he’ll be more motivated to win this tournament than any other this season having never won a world title. Jimmy had a couple of nice results in the PTC in Poland a few weeks ago and that form should run him close here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-seniors-championship-betting-jimmy-white-can-finally-win-that-elusive-world-title
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

3 bets on the opening day. These two.....

Saturday first round previews: 3pts B.West to beat D.O'Kane 11/8 Bet365 Barry West is an interesting prospect though. He came through the qualifiers for this tournament and did so without losing a frame in three matches which is some achievement. Along the way he beat David Roe who was still competing on the main tour less than five years ago so that’s a decent scalp and he’s been talking up a good game going into this event. West might not be the biggest name in the tournament but he could well upset O’Kane on the opening afternoon. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-seniors-championship-betting-barry-west-can-see-off-the-challenge-of-dene-o-kane-on-the-opening-afternoon 3pts L.Dodd to beat A.Robidoux 5/4 Skybet Les Dodd clearly still fancies himself as a good player. He entered most of the PTC tournaments in their first year and even took a frame off Judd Trump in one of them and he has won a few amateur events in recent times. He owns a snooker club so we know he’ll be keeping his eye in with practice and things and he came through qualifying nicely enough. Given that Dodd still feels he can compete with the big boys enough to pay a series of entry fees into the PTC’s we have to take him to his word and take him to beat a Robidoux who hasn’t been seen on a snooker table for a good while. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-seniors-championship-betting-les-dodd-should-have-enough-in-him-to-see-off-alain-robidoux-in-first-round
And this one..... 3pts T.Knowles to beat K.Townsend 5/4 Blue Square Tony Knowles has entered Q School for the last two years so he's clearly been keeping his eye in and fancies he can still compete with the big boys and if that's the case then he should have enough about him to beat a Karl Townsend who seems to only play in this event. Admittedly he put up a good showing in this last year but Knowles was the better of the two in their heyday and given that he's still flirting with competitive snooker I'd expect him to have the ability to come through this one. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: World Seniors Championship 2012 27-28 Oct Like the look of the semi finals tonight. 4pts D.Morgan to beat N.Bond 9/10 Boylesports I'm not sure how Boylesports have these two as joint favourites as for me Darren Morgan, like he did last year, has looked head and shoulders too good for this field. I suspect Bond's odds are reflective of the fact that he's still on the main tour but to me that's irrelevant as it's clear to see Darren Morgan could still play on the tour if he had the desire to. He's been solid this week and has played two former world champions and is yet to lose a frame and while Bond is yet to lose a frame too he's had an easier draw than Morgan. Morgan showed his class last year when he did White and Davis on the final evening and he can go a step nearer to defending his title with a win here. 3pts T.Chappel to beat D.O'Kane 11/10 Ladbrokes Unlike the first semi final I would have these two priced up a lot closer but it isn't just a price related bet on Tony Chappel for me here, I've actually been very impressed by him. Neither of these were star players in their heyday but they've both played well this weekend knocking in some tasty breaks but for me Chappel has had much more control both of himself and of the cue ball and I fancy him to make the most of the chances he'll be given. O'Kane mentioned after his quarter final that he was inspired by playing Jimmy and whether he'll be able to get up for playing Chappel remains to be seen. The Welshman has played solid snooker and gives himself that extra bit of time to line the shots up which has proved key in the tournament so far and I think he can progress to the final here.

Re: World Seniors Championship 2012 27-28 Oct 4pts O Kane to beat Chappel at 9/10 boylesports Another cracking price here thought O kane and White was easily best quality match so far,two great breaks when trailing one nil to white showed he can handle pressure and just think he has looked more impressive than Chappel in general