** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14

Aidymac

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Nice to see this place busy for once! Going for 4 in the side markets with Stan James; Top English: Lee Westwood 13/5 Top S.African: Charl Schwartzel 6/4 Top Scandi: Peter Hanson 13/5 Top Amateur: Michael Weaver 100/30 Westwood is so consistent in the majors these days, he may be a little short of what it takes to actually win the Masters but looks sure to be inside the top ten and that will probably be good enough here. Schwartzel is pretty much the same as Westwood, so reliable in the big tournaments and obviously has Oosthuizen to worry about. Peter Hanson has the odd bad round that spoils his tournaments but if he can get off to a good start he should beat the likes of Stenson and Jacobsen and be the top Scandinavian. The Top Amateur betting is interesting, US Champ Fox is fav but i thought he was fortunate to win that from Michael Weaver who led right until the last two holes. Fox has to play with Bubba and Poulter in the group next to Woods and this may be all too much for him. He lost out to the Irish kid Alan Dunbar in a tournament last week so he looks poor value to me. Weaver has a quieter group and has played a practice round with McIlroy this week. He also came to Augusta in January to play a few rounds and he's a long hitter which will help him here, he looks a decent bet at 100/30.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Not sure anyone is missing the obvious Tiger but it's a question of whether there is value there. It's 8 years since he's won the tournament and he was at his best for 4 of those years. It isn't a question for me, there's no value there at all but that's just my opinion. 3 more outrights for me before the off. 1pt ew L.Westwood to win The Masters 28/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-6) Lee Westwood almost comes into The Masters this year unnoticed. Nobody is talking him up as a potential winner and that might not be a bad thing for him. Critics could say he isn't as good as he was a couple of years ago but I'm not sure I agree. Westwood's record stands up and surpasses many around this golf course. His last 5 finishes here read 3rd, 11th, 2nd, 43rd and 11th. That's good golf to be that consistent on a course this tough. Of course the issue will be if the short stick listens to the tune it's being fed but that's why he's 28/1 not 18/1. Nobody has better course management than Lee Westwood and while his putter might not let him make the birdies everyone else makes his clever brain will make sure he doesn't make as many errors as a lot of the field. It is almost as though the only pressure on Westwood this week is the pressure he puts on himself and that has to help. He was 10th in the recent Shell Houston Open where the course is set up just like this one so that bodes well and Westy can break his duck here. 1pt ew I.Poulter to win The Masters 45/1 Sportingbet (1/4 1-6) Ian Poulter will win a major. I'm absolutely sure of it. It might not be this week but he will win one. What I like about him this week is he is striking the ball nicely and his short game, particularly on the greens, is right up there and he won't be losing shots that others do by not getting up and down. Poulter has played here enough times now to know the good misses and the bad misses so he has no excuses on that front. Poulter won the WGC at the end of last year which boosted his confidence if it could be/needed boosting and reminded him he does belong at this level. The next step is a major. He's been in the top 10 in two of the last three visits here so he's knocking on the door and someone who putts like he does has to have every chance this week. 0.5pts ew A.Cabrera to win The Masters 110/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-6) Angel Cabrera is a big price for a former champion because he still has the length to do some damage on the par 5's which is half of what this tournament is about. You won't win the tournament if you don't clean up on the par 5's so anyone who can do that has to come into play. Cabrera has three top 20's in the last four years here including winning the tournament and he came back to some form with a top 20 in the Shell Houston Open a couple of weeks ago and it would be no surprise if he's right back in the mix on Sunday on a course he clearly has the game to succeed on and more importantly the length to tame. At 110/1 he's worth covering just to see how close he goes.

Sorry for the short post as I'm on my phone but a couple for me. H.Mahan, 2pts EW @ 50/1 Can't hit it a fair distance and is pretty straight. Consistency is a strong point and has already reached.the final of the match play this year. 3 top 12 finishes in last 4 years. P.Hanson, 1pt EW @ 80/1 Boyles Likeable Swede who finished 3rd 12 months ago. Top golfer now who can shoot really low, is great on the short stuff and is as tough as they come. Has all the attributes to go close and price is too big.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 hey guys not a frequent poster on here but feck it, its the masters 1 pt ew nick watney to win masters 60/1 think watney is a big price for someone who is very consistant in the masters 11-19-7-46-32. has good long drive and think he is suited for augusta. just hope the par 3 jinx does not strike. think he can also be considered for 1st round leader as he has had 4 under par first rounds in his last 5 masters(75,70,68,72,71) 2 pt ew justin rose to win masters 16/1 Justin Rose, is arguably in career best form. He has had some great tournaments this year. Rose is reasonably long off the tee and hits plenty of greens. He is coming off a 2nd to Tiger Woods at the Arnold Palmer Invitational.he is helped by an early tee time should the weather interupt others teeing off later. 2pt ew brandt snedeker to win masters 35/1 A third, two seconds and a win (at Pebble Beach) between January and February cannot be ignored. Top 20’s in the last two stagings represents a recovery after his heartbreak in 2008 when a final round of 77 tore the green jacket off his back and dropped him into a tie for third. A beautiful putter on his day, if Sned is fit, he’s definitely able. *NB* Guys theese prices are from an irish bookies called bar one racing who go 7 places

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 My picks for the title have generally been mentioned elsewhere, and they are picked on basis of long drivers, good scoring average, made cut last year, and various other trends already stated. Left me with Rose (23/1), Schwartzel (24/1), Oosthiuezen (37/1), Bubba (45/1), Garcia (54/1). Took win prices on Betfair, and all 2.5pt win. Anyway, my main post is value punts at the leader after round 1 market. Criteria was an early-ish tee time, good 'round 1 scoring average', 'scoring average', and 'driving distance'. 0.5pt e/w Rickie Fowler - 50/1 Will Hill 15:56 tee time, ranked 46 for round 1 scoring average, 13 for scoring average overall, and drives OK at 128 in PGA tour ranking. Always struck me as one who likes to get out the blocks early. He also played an audacious trick shot off the water at the par 3 yesterday, which perhaps while not getting over-excited with, suggests his confidence is certainly high. Been steady, if not spectacular, the past two years here, but he clearly has the ability to put a score up. 0.5pt e/w Russell Henley - 100/1 Betfred 13:11 tee time, ranked 13 for 1st round scoring average, 34 overall, and 57 driving distance. Not a player I know a great deal about, but his stats tick a lot of the boxes I was looking for, and a lovely price. His first time here, but has been impressing this year at the Sony Open, breaking the scoring record by 4 shots (!), so perhaps he'll have the adrenalin running to go out there a put a score up first time here, but perhaps not sustain over the weekend as tiredness and lack of experience kick in. 0.5pt e/w John Senden - 150/1 BetVictor 15:12 tee time, ranked 62 for 1st round scoring average, 66 overall, and 91 driving distance. Figures don't scream winner, but perhaps they won't for a 150/1 shot. He just looks a steady option to me, who if he pulls it together, then may fancy being at the right end of the leaderboard. He doesn't have a great Masters record (he's never made the cut!!!) but perhaps on the flip side, he has plenty of experience of playing here. 0.5pt e/w Kevin Na - 175/1 BetVictor 13:22 tee time, ranked 58 for 1st round scoring average, 56 overall, and 184 driving distance. Again, not as impressive figures as for Fowler, but I think that's a juicy price. What swung it for me was a cracking tee time, and he putts well, so again its another that if he gets out the blocks, he has the ability to set a good score. I have a bit of a soft spot for Na too, so perhaps a bit 'hunch-y' this bet. Did finish T12 here last year though, so clearly has some ability to do well round this course. Probably all come nowhere near, but for small stakes and a firm interest in R1, why not!? Good luck all.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Not posted in here for a while not been keeping up with the golf in honesty. Might stick a few bets on after first couple of days though. Good luck everyone having a punt! :ok Would love to see Westy win it though!

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 It will be interesting today to see if Sergio Garcia can back up that excellent round today. I very much doubt the course will be as easy. Fair play to the young lad from China who carded an excellent +1... would love to see him make the cut. What a prospect he is going to be once he fills out! I ended up backing Fowler and Bradley. Bradley struggled all day yesterday and can't really see him making any inroads today. If Fowler can cut out the odd silly shot then who knows what he can do over the weekend. He finished an excellent -4 yesterday despite hitting 2 double bogeys.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Almost perfect start for Woods, couple of drives off, and a few missed puts. Im very happy with -2, expected him to be -3, he said he should of been on -5. If he gets his putter going today, 7/2-4/1 could be still big, If he hits -4 today, to give him -6, he will be odds on later tonight.:ok

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 I'd be interested to know just what exactly would pass as the "perfect start". 22 under? or perhaps a hole in one on every hole? Only Kim Jong Il has come close to those sort of scores, reportedly retiring after scoring a hole in one on the first five holes at Augusta. No disrespect Tiger, but you've got some ground to make up!!

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 To be fair I don't think he will have as much ground to make up as you think. Scoring will be much tougher today and I reckon overnight lead will be around -8. I expect a much more American leader board come the end of the day

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Nicolas Colsearts – Masters debut, 110/1 >Bet365 WR 42nd - MISSED CUT Dustin Johnson – best Masters finish T30th 2009 33/1 Stan James WR 19th Henrik Stenson – best Masters finish T17th 2008 66/1 >Bet365 WR 41st Steve Stricker – Best Masters finish 6th 2009 66/1 >Bet365 WR 8th Brandt Snedker - best Masters finish T3rd 2008 40/1 >Bet365 WR 5th Justin Rose – best masters finish 5th 2007 20/1 Stan James WR 3rd Jason Day – best masters finish 2nd 2011 60/1 >Betvictor WR 36th Happy with the selections going into R3 today, only Colsearts missed the cut and currently i have 5 under par for thier rounds I went in again yesterday on Stricker @ 300.0 on Betfair (posted on fb not here), also had some money on Mickelson which looks gone now but you never know, that was @ 42.0, he is now 150.0!! Also a throwaway on Poulter @ around 700/1 who missed the cut. Looking forward to the last 2 days now.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Tigers Last couple of holes, went a bit astray, 3 off, and what a time o go off today, 7th to last pair, if he starts well he will put huge pressure on the last few pairs to go out. I expect him to be -8 at the end of the day, These are his two days. Cmon the Tiger.:D

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 if tiger done wrong they will have to, i am surprised it is taking so long unless there is a a two shot penalty or something as an alternative? Some great approach play yesterday but i fear sunday will be a putting comp as it normally is (despite Bubbas wonder shot last year!)

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 They have to disqualify Tiger, or else it is a farce. Rules are rules, especially in golf. They penalised that 14 year old lad yesterday for taking 55 seconds to play a shot, bloody disgrace, and Tiger took just under 6 hours to play his round of golf. I wouldn't like to be the person to be telling Tiger he is out, but again, rules are rules, they apply for 1, they must apply to all. He even openly admitted that he moved the ball 2 yards behind where he hit the first shot, as it was a better lie there.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 It's 8.15am over there. That's why a decision hasn't been made. They can't give him a 2 shot penalty because he has handed in his scorecard. He either is allowed to play on a 'it's near enough' judgement or he's chucked out.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Rumours of a two shot penalty for Tiger which would be a new rule completely. Peter Whiteford must be on the phone to his lawyers after his DQ in India last year as we speak if the rumours are true :loon.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 13/2 on Tiger is an absolute joke of a price. 4 shots back with just 18 to go. How the hell can he be less half the price of Kuch and a shorter price than co-leader Cabrera? I know he's the best player in the world but I'm pretty certain he's only ever won a major from the front after 54 holes. Would be extremely surprised to see him (or anyone else for that matter) win the Masters from so far back.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 For some of us on here it was annoying that Jason Day's excellent approach play and putting let him down for 17 & 18 last night. He was on for a -7 share of the lead and now finds himself 2 off the lead. Perhaps being a couple behind is the best place to be? Holding onto a lead seems harder. Snedeker looks very dangerous and i think anyone within 4 of the lead can win this now. Our boys completely went to pot last night. Rory Mac found water more times than i do on my summer holidays. Rose's putter failed him as did Donald's. Westwood held on but couldnt make an impact to be close enough. Clark proved yesterday that someone can hit a decent round with a 67. I predict no higher than -10 will win this so -4 will need to hit a 66 to be in with a shout.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 I am no expert on this, but does anyone else think that Clark has a chance to place? 4 behind, but he had a superb round yesterday and doesn't have to feel much pressure, as he will escape the sights of everyone with Woods playing with him. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone, so take this with a grain of salt, but he does seem to be a huge price.

Re: The US Masters 2013 - April 11/April 14 Adam Scott is the man they all have to fear today I feel, he will be out for vengeance after last year's heart-ache. Day pee'd me off yesterday, as I do have him backed, he has a squeak but those last 2 holes yesterday could have knocked the stuffing outta him. Tiger, can't rule him out. There are only a few players ahead of him, and on a course like this, with pressure like this, we have seen leaders drop shots to beat the band, Simpson and Els wins last year proves that.