A football rating system, discussions, ideas

I've decided to post some analysis and ideas I've been using for quite some time now to try and rate football teams. The rating system I'll present here is in its most basic form, but mathematically it has a sound basis and I think with some modifications it has the potential to produce value bets against a bookies odds. As far as this thread goes, I hope that some members may find a new idea that they can encorporate into their own systems, and who knows, maybe someone will suggest a change to the basic ratings system presented here that might just produce the goods....here'e hoping anyhow. At any rate, I'd welcome any questions, comments and advice. I hope to learn a lot too through this thread... First of all though I'll start with some theory that I first read about in a mathematical paper nearly 20 years ago!! I've been hooked on ratings and betting ever since, so I suppose I should issue some kind of warning here:)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.