** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Frankie and Godolphin part company

Re: Frankie and Godolphin part company

Upon further reading , it transpires that Frankie informed Godolphin that he was riding Camalot via text message. If this is true then it looks like after 2 decades of service Frankie wants out of Godolphin . Taking the Camalot ride would most likely have rattled Sheikh Mohammed's cage. Maybe losing a few high profile Godolphin rides including St Ledger winner Encke to his younger team mates has caused him to take this action . As a betting man I'd say its 7/4 that he'll not be riding for Godolphin next year.Anyone willing to take my £5 ?
I did think it was strange that Frankie elected to ride Camalot after what transpired after the 2005 St Ledger , he must have been planning an exit strategy for a while. I was way out asking for 7/4 , 1/10 was more realistic.

Re: Frankie and Godolphin part company

Frankie definately worth considering for next years top jockeys title @ 14/1. He will be having a lot of fancied rides going freelance.
I very much doubt he will make an effort for the jockey championship , in recent years he has been a part time jockey , he won't have the drive to ride Catterick / Pontefract on a Monday or Tuesday. He will probably only get out of bed for decent rides or to jock somebody off. I think he will spend more time on the celebrity circuit like TV panel gameshows , Johnathon Ross , Alan Carr , Graham Norton etc as well as attending the opening of new betting shops. Anyone remember the Frankie Dettori's Frozen Pizza , tinned tomatoes and kidney beans range at Iceland about 1o years ago , I think they were dropped after less than 12 months.

Re: Frankie and Godolphin part company Article on SkySports this evening with Frankies agent being quoted saying they are going to have a crack at Champion Jockey and that it "shouldn't be too hard". If this is to be believed then certainly the 20/1 available with Hills is appealing... What's everyone's opinion will he put in a big enough effort to seriously have a go at this? Will be be flying round the country on 8 or 9 rides a day towards the end of a season? I've been a bit critical of FD recently but must say I'm quite interested to see how this pans out. Would be good to see such a high profile jockey at some of the smaller tracks, would certainly entice a few more punters through the gates...