** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing For Rupert

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Ascot - 3pts win Muwaary @ 5/1 (Bet365) 3.05 Ascot - 1pt e/w Free Entry @ 100/1 (BetVictor) 4.25 Ascot - 2pts win Certify @ 14/1 (Bet365) 5.00 Ascot - 2pts win Abseil @ 11/2 (Bet365) and 1pt win Gabrial's Kaka @ 22/1 (BetVictor) 5.35 Ascot - 1pt win Queen of Power @ 28/1 (Bet365) This could go amazingly or horribly wrong with these prices but big fields and hopefully the first one in the Jersey can make it a stress-free day!

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Ascot - 3pts win Muwaary @ 5/1 (Bet365) I am very sweet on the chances of John Gosden's runner here. Although it's a big field and a competitive race I think he's done nothing wrong in his career to date and can take all the beating today. For all the form of the French 2000 Guineas isn't working out it was an affair that wouldn't have suited this animal. He was keen, got outpaced and then stayed on again - not unusual for a race over the channel. The form of this one's previous two runs have worked out very well though and this race looks made for him. Green on debut but picking up to score, he beat horses now rated 90 and 89 into second and third which is a rock solid start. He then blew away a handicap field on his seasonal reappearance from horses up the weights since to marks in the 100s. My selection won by nearly three lengths and was strong at the finish. Steps up again here but a strong gallop on a track like this over 7f and on quick ground seems spot on and it's hard to see him not running a big race. 3.05 Ascot - 1pt e/w Free Entry @ 100/1 (BetVictor) Massive price and although I think the American horse must hold a strong chance, I can't back her at the price and at a huge one I think James Tate's runner could go pretty well. Although second on both starts to date, she's shown a decent level of form and this type of race could just suit her and I hope she can squeeze into the frame for an upset. She was beaten a nose on debut by Clouds Rest. That one won next time out and is as short as 14/1 for this contest in places. Considering that one had the benefit of a run on my selection that day, I think the price difference today is worth exploiting. Free Entry was beaten at odds on next time out but only by a neck and lost nothing in defeat to what looks a smart type headed for the Albany. They were clear of the third - who had shown some form on debut - and I just thought she ran pretty well. A strongly-run 5f should suit ideally and there are worse 100/1 shots in the world. 4.25 Ascot - 2pts win Certify @ 14/1 (Bet365) This horse looks a huge price to me considering she was a top-notch 2yo two years ago and only lost her unbeaten record last time in Meydan when finishing second. Absolutely loves quick ground and hasn't seemed to have suffered much from the Mahmood Al-Zarooni scandal which saw her banned from the racecourse. Won well after a lengthy absence at Meydan on her first start back and although a little disappointing last time it's possible she bounced and has been given a break since. Her form in the book gives her a big chance here with conditions spot on and she's proven she can go extremely well fresh too. I think 14s is too big and would be surprised if she doesn't go off shorter. 5.00 Ascot - 2pts win Abseil @ 11/2 (Bet365) and 1pt win Gabrial's Kaka @ 22/1 (BetVictor) I know Abseil is a really short price here and many people believe it to be a ridiculous one and whilst it is short for a race of this nature, I really think he's got a huge chance of winning it. He's only 5lbs higher than when winning at Epsom and I think there's a huge probability that he'll improve that much for the outing given he's only had four starts to date, and will improve for this track which should be absolutely ideal. Was a bit all over the shop that day but travelled well and just looks a good miler in the making. His draw looks decent on the face of it and you can comfortably forgive his 2nd at Chester two starts back - which actually was a very good effort considering. I think conditions are spot on and he can handle the rise in the weights. I do think that Gabrial's Kaka is a big price though as whilst he'll need luck in running, he'll relish this test. A strongly-run mile on fast ground is tailor-made for him and the soft ground and track at Chester last time can safely forgive him that effort in a group race won by Noble Mission. Prior to that he won the Spring Cup well off 8lbs lower and was thrusting late from the rear at Haydock when 2nd off 2lbs lower than today afterwards. I always think it can be tricky to come from miles back at that venue and the 1st, 3rd and 4th were always up there so the effort can be marked up a bit. The quicker they go the better for him so this race could be spot on. The way he runs means it's possible he could pull out a bit more despite the handicapper's best efforts and I wouldn't be surprised to see him enter the picture late in the day. 5.35 Ascot - 1pt win Queen of Power @ 28/1 (Bet365) Another big price here but is still very unexposed and is worth chancing at such a tasty price. It's a very open contest but it's possible this one is well-treated on her handicap debut if she's a better horse on a sound surface. She was a big eyecatcher on debut over 6f in Ireland on fast ground when just failing to get up behind the smart Wonderfully (rated 105). Wasn't disgraced when beaten less than 3l in a 1000 Guineas trial over in Ireland by Bracelet next time out on soft to heavy prior to cruising away with her maiden afterwards. Could only manage 7th in the race itself at the Curragh but again that was on testing ground and I just wonder if she'll enjoy this better ground today. Her debut form is strong and whilst she's run admirably since in hot group races, I just wonder if the ease into handicap company off a plausible mark of 97 and on better ground will see her bounce back to possibly her best. At 28/1 it's worth a few pennies and we shall see.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.05 Ascot - 2pts win Barley Mow @ 7/1 (PP) I highly respect Cannock Chase but is too short now and I think the price of Richard Hannon's horse is just too big. Showed up well last year and has gone on this year to run some big races. Initially was disappointing to lose to Bow Creek but that's a good horse and had the run of the race. Was an okay reappearance and it was a strange race behind True Story next time which I'd also like to forgive. It's the effort two starts ago which gives him a big chance here when digging in to hold off Mutakayyef. Travelled best but folded to be a close 4th on soft ground over 1m3f at Goodwood last time which was still promising and the return to 10f and quick ground is a big advantage. The faster the better I'd say for this one and the quick ground would perhaps not be ideal for the favourite and the reopposing Mutakayyef among others. Is right up there on figures and 7s is too big I think. 3.45 Ascot - 2pts win Bright Approach @ 13/2 (BetVictor) This is wide open in my eyes and John Gosden can have another winner here in the shape of Bright Approach. Many will claim the Chester form isn't strong and whilst true in some sense, there was plenty of promise in this one's effort. Only her second start, still green and didn't handle the track brilliantly when drawn wide and staying on into third. That was over 1m2f and I think this trip will suit much better. Even if the form of that race wasn't so strong her debut looks good. She beat a subsequent listed winner that day having run green with a 92 horse in third and then another listed winner in Marsh Daisy back in 4th. That's strong and she won in the way of a good filly. Shapes like the extra two furlongs will play to her strengths and it would be folly to limit her to a 97 horse - as is her current rating. 4.25 Ascot - 1pt e/w Altano @ 14/1 (Boyles) It's fair to say the German raider didn't get the best of rides in this last year when not using his stamina to good use and thundering home when all too late. He has a tremendous strike rate and is arguably a better horse this season. Ran well twice after Ascot over insufficient trips prior to beating Tac de Boistron in the Cadran, staying on powerfully and proving his pedigree for this contest. Ran below-par after that but put any concerns to bed when an impressive winner over two miles on his seasonal reappearance. That should put him spot on for this and with form in the book and guaranteed stamina, is capable of going close with a better ride for all this is a better renewal. 5.00 Ascot - 2pts win Hors de Combat @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes) For all this is a wide open handicap I'm sweet on James Fanshawe's charge who was thought of highly enough to be considered a Guineas prospect at one point and you can see why with his form reading well. It was a highly impressive debut which saw him account for a now 88-rated animal and the very smart Inchila back in third. Wouldn't have enjoyed the tactical nature of a four-runner contest at Kempton next time but at least the winner is potentially useful (2-2 after that) and my selection has bounced right back from that. Was midfield in a race won by Muwaary (form franked) on his reappearance which he'll have improved for and the ground was on the softer side which I don't think is ideal. I think he'll relish the quick conditions today and his win last time was impressive. Is only 5lbs higher than that day when I thought he won with plenty up his sleeve and the strong pace on here over a mile on quick ground looks right up his street. Ought to go very well. 5.35 Ascot - 1pt win Venezia @ 20/1 (PP) Pretty much any of these could win and I think at a price Martyn Meade's runner could break the maiden tag(!) in such a contest. There's been absolutely nothing wrong with his efforts to date and this could be the most ideal conditions he's faced. Was clearly well fancied for Lady Cecil when sent off at 7/4 on debut and ran well enough but shaped as if needing it, perhaps wanting better ground and a longer trip. Got outpaced before staying on in a decent maiden won by Seagull Star to be third and two defeats this season by 1/2l and a neck also read well - was 3l clear with a decent type on reappearance and again pulled clear to be narrowly denied by a horse who didn't put his best foot forward next time (weak in market). I'm willing to keep that form on side (well beaten third ran quite well behind Wonderstruck next time, 4th won maiden since) and a step up to 1m4f looks made for him. That should bring out a bit more and the ground will suit. A mark of 89 with Oisin Murphy taking 3lbs off is fair enough and hopefully can cause an upset now tackling what could be his optimum conditions.

Re: Racing For Rupert Something in every race today so a lot of writing to be done so likely to be shorter posts: 2.30 Ascot - 2pts win Bitter Lake @ 11/1 (Bet365) 3.05 Ascot - 1pt win First Mohican @ 18/1 (BetVictor) 3.45 Ascot - 1pt win Odeon @ 14/1 (Bet365) 4.25 Ascot - 2pts win Lightning Thunder @ 9/2 (Bet365) 5.00 Ascot - 1pt win Min Alemarat @ 8/1 (Bet365) 5.35 Ascot - 1pt e/w Bronze Angel @ 16/1 (Bet365)

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Ascot - 2pts win Bitter Lake @ 11/1 (Bet365) Stayed on well to get up for a 1 1/4l victory on debut and whilst the form of that may not be anything out of the ordinary, one feature of this season has been the way in which Charlie Appleby's debutants have improved immensely from first to second run so it may be that this one is quite special to have done the business first time out. That was on soft ground as well and she wasn't exactly hugely supported in the market and I just think she's considerably better than that. Bound to come on anyway and her pedigree suggests that she should be more at home on this faster surface. If that is the case then I can see her progressing plenty for the fitness and these conditions and go close. 3.05 Ascot - 1pt win First Mohican @ 18/1 (BetVictor) Having backed Bold Sniper last time I can see why he's favourite but 2/1 is awfully short now and I'll take my chance with an overpriced one in my book. I think you can upgrade his defeat last time when he ran over the best part of 1m6f on softish ground at York but still loomed up to challenge a couple of furlongs out. He's never won over further than 1m2f on the level so I think it simply stretched his stamina. His form behind Mount Athos reads well from two starts back and showed his capabilities of running on quick ground. He's 5lbs higher than when edging out Lahaag at York with the pair clear so I don't think he's handicapped out of this and with the drop back in trip ideal and the blinkers on, 18/1 looks too big. 3.45 Ascot - 1pt win Odeon @ 14/1 (Bet365) I'm not getting carried away with Adelaide's form to date if I'm honest and I think there's scope for an upset here. My selection ran a really big race in the Dante considering he went off quickly in front but he didn't drop away as expected and wasn't beaten far ultimately. That showed his potential for a step up to 1m4f which I think he wants and I actually think the Dante's not a bad piece of form with the winner franking it in the French Derby and Arod and True Story both running with some credit in the English equivalent. Ran away with his maiden from a decent type on his second start and I just think he's a danger at a decent price. 4.25 Ascot - 2pts win Lightning Thunder @ 9/2 (Bet365) Comes here with the most solid form you'd have to say having finished runner-up in both English and Irish 1000 Guineas. Wasn't beaten far having flashed home at Newmarket and looked the likely winner for a long way at the Curragh. Was mowed down by the impressive Marvellous who perhaps enjoyed conditions a bit more considering she gets tapped for toe prior to running on and the return to quicker ground ought to suit. I'd rather have the proven form in the book than a horse with obvious potential in My Titania - especially with it being her first run of the season. I look sure to get a run for my money and I think she's got a huge chance of landing her Group 1. 5.00 Ascot - 1pt win Min Alemarat @ 8/1 (Bet365) This is always a tricky race to assess with 3yos almost exclusively climbing substantially up in trip to tackle this two mile contest. For that reason I'm not keen taking short prices on horses with stamina to prove and thus I look for something that I think will stay. Marco Botti's charge must have a good chance on both pedigree and on his runs to date - staying on powerfully over 1m4f on testing ground. The form tied in with Wrangler reads well when still green and has finished off all three races to good effect. Routed his field last time out with the runner-up finishing 2nd off 80 next time out so the form stands up and this trip (especially on quicker ground) shouldn't be an issue like possible for some of the other runners. Still plenty more to come by the looks of it and an interesting contender. 5.35 Ascot - 1pt e/w Bronze Angel @ 16/1 (Bet365) A regular in these big handicaps, Marcos Tregoning's horse is well-treated if returning to the form that saw him win the Cambridgeshire in 2012 and his two efforts this season have suggested he may just be coming to the boiling point. He's had excuses on most of his subsequent runs but has dropped in the weights as a result and has shaped well on two starts this season. Will naturally have needed the first when a good 7th of 23 in the Spring Cup and again ran well enough behind Chil The Kite last time out and that form reads well - I've turned my back on unlucky runner-up that day Fort Knox in here (top-weight and possible he's best fresh) but the form looks strong. That should have put him spot on for this and he ran a big race in 3rd in the Britannia here prior to winning at Newmarket a couple of years ago. Quite like the fact he stays a little bit further and his high draw in 30 looks good. Know he can handle the hustle and bustle of such contests and fingers crossed he can take the beating.

Re: Racing For Rupert After a bright start to the week things haven't gone so well...at least today I couldn't have had quite a few of the winners so that's how it goes. One NR, Bronze Angel claws back a little bit finishing 4th so could be worse. Still set up for a decent week if I can smash tomorrow - easier said than done!

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Ascot - 3pts win Dick Whittington @ 3/1 (Bet365) I see this as an ideal opportunity to get ahead for the day straight away as I don't think this is the strongest renewal you'll see and I've liked what I've seen of this horse to date. He was a huge eyecatcher behind the high class Cappella Sansevero on debut so we know that form is strong and although beaten next time he was given a very confident ride and I think Joseph O'Brien was expecting him to pick up a bit quicker. However, it was testing ground and he couldn't reel in the winner. His turn of foot was much more potent when routing a decent field recently to land his maiden and the step up to 7f will suit. The quick ground is clearly of no concern and it won't be blunting his change of gear today and I really think it'll take something very good to beat him. 3.05 Ascot - 1pt win Havana Cooler @ 18/1 (Bet365) I liked this horse last season and always got a run for my money. Has form tied in with the smart Pether's Moon and possibly would have beaten that one twice from two starts with a stronger pace at Goodwood. He really wants a testing 1m4f and that's what he ought to get today on ground that will be fine. He ran over 1m6f at York when last seen and that was by no means a bad effort when not beaten far in third. However, possibly just got outstayed at the death and the step back in trip can suit. Still plenty of progress possible and although returning from a break I'm hopeful Luca Cumani wouldn't be running him if he didn't have him fit enough to do himself justice. That's factored into the price, however, as he wouldn't be 18/1 with a solid reappearance run under his belt and is worth chancing given the odds. 3.45 Ascot - 2pts win Dandino @ 10/1 (Bet365) I'm really quite sweet on the now Marco Botti-trained Dandino here. I do like Telescope and respect him but he's not a 9/4 shot in my eyes and the value looks with this globetrotting type. He hasn't been seen finishing 5th in the Melbourne Cup and usually gives his running over any sort of trip. A strongly-run 1m4f wouldn't be far off his optimum you'd think and he relishes fast ground. He's every bit a Group 2 horse and was only beaten a length in this race last year behind the ill-fated Thomas Chippendale. Although he hasn't been seen for a while he has a strong record when fresh - twice winning on his seasonal reappearance and only beaten a neck behind the smart Universal who had the run of the race on his first run last season. Conditions seem spot on and I do think 10/1 is huge if things pan out for him. 5.00 Ascot - 1pt e/w Rivellino @ 33/1 (BetVictor) Bit of a cavalry charge but at the prices I think Karl Burke's horse could go well here at a price. He's been impressive and progressive on the all-weather over the winter and he needs to be better to defy this mark back on turf but he seems a better horse now than when running respectably on turf last season. He ran okay in big handicaps like this but has gone up 14lbs in the ratings on the all-weather since and was in fine form when last seen in April. Had a little break to sharpen him up for this and a strong gallop over 6f seems like it'll be perfect for him. Has to prove his progression on the turf but if he's just generally a better horse he's a thriving individual who should enjoy conditions and at a tasty price I hope he gets the splits under William Buick who's a good jockey booking and for a yard in tremendous form of late. 5.35 Ascot - 2pts win Pique Sous @ 9/2 (BetVictor) A classy type over hurdles and in bumpers, he has to prove he'll stay this marathon trip but has finished his races off well over 2m in championship races at Cheltenham so despite holding plenty of speed he should see this out better than most. Although an excellent type on soft ground he was impressive when winning over 1m6f off 88 in September and his recent 5th of 12 in a decent handicap will have put him bang on for this. He's a really classy type which will get him a long way in a race with quite a few average horses trying their luck at a marathon distance and surely he'll be in the mix. Ryan Moore is booked for Willie Mullins so it's a formidable partnership who hold a 50% strike rate when teaming up and I don't think the trip should be too much of an issue with the ground as it is. Tiger Cliff is the obvious threat but I am pretty sweet on the unexposed Pique Sous and I think he'll take the beating.

Re: Racing For Rupert Thankfully a nice place and a win at the end finishes the week off and makes it average but at least not a losing one! Horses either seemed to run stinkers or very well without usually winning - had places in the Britannia, Buckingham Palace and Wokingham which is hard enough but unfortunately none could get their head in front. Pique Sous gave us a positive ending though so can't complain too bitterly. Would have backed Slade Power in the Jubilee if I'd had a bet but oh well.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.45 Hamilton - 1pt win Dhaular Dhar @ 9/1 (BetVictor) Hasn't won for a while but is likely to give his running and conditions suit this afternoon. Likes good ground and a mile is ideal with hopefully a half-decent gallop to aim at. He usually comes home to decent effect so the quicker they go up front the better. The testing finish here is suitable and he's twice run well here this season already. Was only beaten 4l in a much higher grade from out of the handicap last time out (drops from 0-80 into a 0-60 here) and after a long run of being ridden by more inexperienced riders, Graham Lee jumps back aboard and hopefully that will signify how big a chance this one has today for a yard in good form.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.50 Worcester - 2pts win Sur La Mer @ 13/2 (Bet365) I'm not really taken by Flemenson here nor the Ferguson horse and I don't think August Hill wants 2m4f so the value may lie with Dan Skelton's charge. Chased home a decent type on his stable debut when last seen and looks ready for this extra half mile. Showed some ability in novice hurdles over in Ireland but has seemed to improve for the better ground the last twice - a keeping on 5th of 22 at Fairyhouse over two miles on his final run for John Berry with the form looking pretty solid and couldn't really fault his 2nd place last time at Uttoxeter. Couldn't reel in a solid yardstick rated 120 that day but now handicapping on good ground off 115 with the step up in trip likely to suit, can hopefully get off the mark.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Beverley - 1pt win L'Artiste @ 16/1 (PP) This isn't a very good race and I think excuses can be made for John Quinn's runner on both starts this season. Strictly speaking the form of his c&d maiden win leaves him on a healthy mark here if taken literally and can be excused for bombing out on soft ground on seasonal reappearance. Wasn't disgraced when beaten under 6l in a class 4 0-80 handicap when last seen and now should be spot on for this. Conditions suit and drops back down into a 0-70 race which should help. Looks a big price in a weak race. 2.40 Sandown - 2pts win Velox @ 5/1 (Bet365) Won't be the only one to have seen this horse be a bit unlucky when squeezed out at Epsom last time and shapes to me as if a stiff mile is going to be absolutely perfect for him. Has been consistent in his career so far with his only poor run really coming on his seasonal reappearance over 1m2f. The form of his handicap efforts last year over the same trip is solid and just looked like the drop back to a well-run mile will suit. Almost justified that belief at the downs last time when running a big race behind Abseil and can gain compensation today. 3.30 Haydock - 1pt win Pallasator @ 9/1 (Bet365) Sir Mark Prescott's horses have only just returned to the track but running fresh is no concern for this one who has regularly gone well after a break and is still relatively unexposed with a stop-start career. Is a big galloping type who relishes cut in the ground and that will prove especially crucial dropping back down in trip. Has run well here more than once in the past and is still off a fair mark. Will want this to be a stiff test which looks very plausible with some pace horses in the race and should be finishing better than most. Hopefully he can be close enough turning in and his stamina can kick in at the death. 3.40 Beverley - 3pts win Bondi Beach Boy @ 11/4 (PP) Looked like he was going to regain the winning thread when last seen - setting off like a scalded cat and looking to have slipped the field prior to falling in a hole at the death. Just went off at a furious gallop that day (first two came from miles back) and although positive tactics are no bad thing I don't think they will be going quite so fast today. Gets 3lbs taken off his back today so he's off a fair mark and shaped like he was very much ready to strike on that run. If saving a bit more energy for the finish today can take some pegging back at a course he's won at and from a good draw.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Ayr - 2pts win Call of Duty @ 9/2 (Ladbrokes) Looks a rock solid option in a modest handicap. Has his conditions today and probably just failed to get home over 1m4f on softish ground at Haydock last time in a higher grade. Prior to that he chased home a well-handicapped animal in Operateur and before that ran on to be a close 3rd in a race that wasn't run to suit. Hopefully will get a good gallop to aim at in an unappealing event and with the ground on his side too he ought to be going very close. 3.00 Ayr - 2pts win Bling King @ 5/1 (PP) Hasn't won a handicap for a while but will relish conditions today and has just bumped into a couple of well-handicapped horses the last twice including St Moritz who is now rated 20lbs higher than when beating my selection. This horse relishes on quick ground which he gets today and a repeat of his neck second at Redcar earlier in the season would see him land the spoils here in this weaker contest. Again there isn't anything to get too worried about in here with the first two in the betting holding weak strike rates and I think the Harker trained animal is a solid option at 5/1. 3.15 Market Rasen - 2pts win The Society Man @ 8/1 (Hills) Another weak and wide open event but Michael Chapman's last two horses have finished 1st and 2nd and this one will relish the drop down in class. Wasn't disgraced in a novice event last time where he had no chance on figures and some of his handicap runs have come in stronger events than this. Stayed on well for second at Southwell two starts back and the return to a track today where he's run well more than once will suit, as will the extra 2f than that day. Last time he was here in a handicap he was far from disgraced in a better race and although he has a very modest strike rate this intermediate trip of 2m2f could be absolutely spot on at the track where he's landed his only career victory.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.45 Newton Abbot - 2pts win Merrion Square @ 15/2 (Ladbrokes) Not that I think this one is superbly handicapped or anything but looks likely to run his race. Is in form and these conditions are good for him. Was a 6l winner of a novice hurdle to show his wellbeing last time after some indifferent performances over the larger obstacles (twice falling and once fading out of contention). Hopefully can build on that now back over fences off a mark he can run well off. Fitness wise he should be spot on now and is the choice of Sam Twiston-Davies of the two Nicholls runners. I'm just not taken by any of the other runners to be honest and hopefully he can win this almost by default at a decent price in an open affair.

Re: Racing For Rupert 6.40 Ripon - 3pts win Gleneely Girl @ 11/4 (Hills) Personally don't fancy Rose of Kiev and I think the newcomer will have to be decent to beat Rae Guest's charge given normal improvement from her debut second. Was comfortably beaten there in a 5-runner field but stayed on nicely to grab that spot and put some distance between herself and the next horse home. The winner had come out of a decent maiden won by the smart Jungle Cat and you wouldn't have expected my selection to win that day. Looks more to come at 6f and with natural improvement can take the world of beating here. 7.10 Ripon - 2pts win Traditionelle @ 4/1 (Hills) Did very well at Doncaster last time out when chasing home a well-handicapped and thriving individual who was up there throughout. My selection did best of those held up and appears to be improving all the time. The Tim Easterby yard are going well and a nicely run 6f on quick ground looks ideal. Has a great draw in 13 right next to the rail and can take the beating this evening. 7.40 Ripon - 2pts win Asteroidea @ 8/1 (Bet365) Personally think this is a big price as she's chased home some very smart animals in maidens so far. Is definitely progressing but the winners of the last three races she's competed in have been Taghrooda (116), Roseburg (easy handicap winner off 94 since) and Forever Now (96). Was far from disgraced when staying on behind the middle of those three and just had no chance last time despite being not far behind the runner-up who has subsequently gone well in a handicap off 87. Now entering handicap company, a mark of 74 looks more than fair to me with these conditions likely to be perfect and 8s is too big.

Re: Racing For Rupert Thank the clucking lord for Asteroidea!! The first two are chinned into 2nd (Traditionelle didn't get a clear run 'til probably a shade too late). Thankfully the last one set out in front and never really looked like being caught. +11pts for the evening but jeez the last few days have been close to really good.