** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing For Rupert

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.30 Newbury - 2pts win Coup de Grace @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes) Looks quite a big price to me for a horse in form and looks capable of progressing further in staying handicaps. His recent fifth came in a blanket finish really which suggests they went no true gallop and he got outpaced at a crucial time before staying on again. I think he'll be better judged in a stronger run affair which today's contest ought to be. He comfortably won his previous start over 2 miles which was on the all-weather but has shown enough on turf to suggest the switch will be no issue. His wellbeing was proven with a second over hurdles last time and sees out 2m4f well in that code so I don't envisage a problem with a bit of give in the ground today. He runs off the same mark as last time and I think a more genuine affair and a stronger stamina test will suit and at a double-figure price has to be worth chancing. 3.05 Newbury - 2pts win Double Bluff @ 14/1 (Betfred) Looks a big price but you do have to forgive him for a flop over in France on his most recent start. It's not totally unusual for a Mark Johnston horse to throw in a stinker before bouncing back and if you take his first two efforts you'd have to give him a good chance in this. Being by Azamour it's possible the deep ground over the channel didn't suit and he's not this price had he not run that race. He kept on for second behind the smart Pupil on debut, shaping as if in need of 10f and then comfortably won a decent race at Goodwood - stretching the field out and winning easily from the front. A repeat of that wouldn't see him far away today and there doesn't look furious competition for the lead in this. If Silvestre De Sousa can dominate the field then hopefully he'll enjoy himself on this better ground and prove a tough nut to crack.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.15 Ayr - 3pts win Upsilon Bleu @ 7/2 (Bet365) Manyriverstocross has had two quick efforts and this may come quickly and is probably going to ideally want slightly better ground too. The form of my selection's second two starts back reads very well with that winner progressing to a higher mark. Was a close second over hurdles when last seen and now back over fences under ideal conditions should prove hard to beat with the hood applied. 3.30 Newbury - 1pt win Moonday Sun @ 28/1 (StanJames) Amanda Perrett's horse has progressed since his first start on these shores and looks overpriced with conditions to suit. Has been 2nd, 3rd and 3rd on the all-weather and the latter two starts over 1m2f have suggested that a strong test over a mile will suit better. His 2nd to Rebellious Guest over a mile reads well so I'm happy to see him drop back to this trip now. Has no problem with the switch to turf and I think a more truly run race will really help as he's probably a bit vulnerable to one with speed. Ought to run his race and I think things could come together this afternoon. 3.50 Ayr - 2pts win Merry King @ 25/1 (Bet365) You can forgive this horse's last effort when he burst a blood vessel and his earlier form suggested he was a stayer with a big race in him. Was third at Haydock in January off 1lb lower but Maurice Linehan takes 5lbs off today so could be fairly treated. Usually finishes off well over about three miles and just didn't get home in the Welsh National over a very taxing 3m6f but still finished a respectable 5th and I think he'll stay this trip fine given the better ground today. Has a decent weight to carry and I think can bounce back today.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.20 Wincanton - 2pts win August Hill @ 4/1 (Bet365) This represents a drop in class for Philip Hobbs' runner who should enjoy today's conditions and looks capable of landing the spoils. He fell at the last when disputing 4th in a decent 0-115 affair when last seen at Taunton after three months off the track. Pulled hard as is normal there but the hood is applied today in an attempt to settle him down and he was at least running okay in a better race than this. With fitness now firmly back on his side and a drop in class I think he can take all the beating here. The ground will help him see out his race and his second to a 116-rated animal two starts back bodes well for his attempt this afternoon off 103. This looks weak to me and I think things can come together this afternoon. 3.15 Wetherby - 3pts win Dreamy George @ 3/1 (Bet365) Although the race he won last time was a bit of a farce with his rivals crumbling one by one, he impressed with his jumping and did all you could expect from him. He always looked like the winner, even with his competitors were all on their feet and his previous chase form suggests he can win this even if you put a line through that last victory. His 17l 3rd to Karinga Dancer after an absence is no bad run considering that one is a 140-rated animal and the runner-up 137. He was entitled to need the run and it was his chase debut. Followed that up with an excellent second in a novice race where he chased home Victor Hewgo (139 horse) with some smart horses in behind. Conditions are fine here for all he'll stay further and jumps well. Runs off 121 today which looks very exploitable to me and with Denis O'Regan in the saddle I think it'll take a good one to beat him off this mark. 3.50 Wetherby - 1pt win Stand Clear @ 10/1 (Sportingbet) Not a good race and David Thompson's runner does not have a strong strike rate but did win on a return last May here and it's a similar story today having not run since October. We know conditions suit and he's well-handicapped. Didn't run too badly in a seller on his final run of 2013 when against it at the weights. He still ran on for third behind a now 113-rated rival and a 111 horse. Wasn't beaten a million miles and considering he's rated 88 it bodes well for his return into handicap company, especially given the break he's enjoyed. The trainer's last three runners have all gone well and it's interesting that he's opted to book Peter Buchanan for the ride given this one is regularly partnered by claimers. That's maybe an indication of what to expect and I hope he can make another winning reappearance. 4.00 Wincanton - 2pts win Jimmy The Jetplane @ 10/1 (Bet365) Kim Bailey's runner is more than ready for the switch to handicaps having been comfortably held in novice events but he can be forgiven for those now in calmer waters off a mark of 107. Not only has he been competing with decent horses he's had no place to hide having tried going with them throughout with positive rides. His plugging on 5th after a break behind the smart Rainbow Peak on his hurdling debut was a solid effort and then was beaten 27l into 4th next time. That was a good race (front three rated around 130 now) and it was a similar story when last seen at Newbury. He tried to lead a good field but ultimately faded into 6th. There was a clear winner there and I just think you can mark the effort up given his prominent racing style. Conditions look set to suit on handicap debut and his mark of 107 with Ed Cookson taking 5lbs off leaves him with a sound chance I'd say. He'll find it much easier to lead this bunch should the jockey decide it appropriate and can take some steps forward now eased into more realistic company.

Re: Racing For Rupert Needed that. August Hill and Jimmy The Jetplane landing the spoils. Something amiss with Dreamy George it seems, never went (travelled and jumped very well last time) and Stand Clear ran well for fourth but just couldn't find another couple of lengths. +25pts for the day though - welcome after 2 or 3 disappointments.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.00 Exeter - 2pts win Jayandbee @ 9/2 (PP) Likeable type who looks sure to run his race and conditions look spot on for him to get back in front this afternoon. Stayed on dourly to win at Ludlow in November and then only just got run out of things here over four miles next time. This trip today of 3m6f looks absolutely spot on and he ran well after a three month break behind a thriving animal when less seen. Perhaps lacked the fitness edge of that one there and the ground may have been a touch on the slow side. Prefers it to be good which he gets today and looks primed for another big run. 3.35 Exeter - 1pt win Quaddick Lake @ 16/1 (Ladbrokes) A well-handicapped individual at the top of the weights may be getting on a bit now but shaped with some promise on his final run for Jeremy Scott last time out. Made progress into midfield there in a hotter race than this and this would be his easiest assignment for some time, dropping into a 0-115 affair. He's a winner around here who handles any ground and gets stronger handling this afternoon. Scott's yard have been quiet all season so he can be excused for not running his best this campaign but can improve now switched yards and with the tongue-tie applied. Shaped as if potentially running back into form last time and now eased in grade he's worth chancing at a nice price. 4.10 Exeter - 3pts win Gores Island @ 7/2 (Hills) Speedy Bruere would have a chance but represents a yard in poor form and that one can be swerved. Gary Moore's horse looks to have a huge chance of landing the spoils here who has bumped into two progressive horses the last twice. He's off a winning hurdling mark and looks capable of matching that standard over the larger obstacles. Can be excused for not competing successfully in a hot hurdle in January but has bounced back with two good chase runs when second at this track. The first was behind a horse landing a hat-trick and looking like progressing to better things and last time ran behind the useful Daymar Bay (good effort off 12lbs higher next time). My selection runs off the same mark now and now out of novice handicap company I don't see one of those proving as progressive as either of the winners of the last twice. Can get his head in front this time.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.05 Cheltenham - 3pts win My Wigwam Or Yours @ 3/1 (Bet365) Garde La Victoire sets a good standard but I'm not totally convinced by that one and is worth taking on and has had a couple of quick races too. Nicky Henderson's runner is going the right way and this race looks ideal. Wouldn't be the quickest hurdler in the yard and just lacked that yard in bumpers but has done well over hurdles when I don't think things have dropped right. Firstly, he didn't look to enjoy the deep ground when third recently (staying on) at Towcester and all three runs over obstacles before last time came on a soft surface. He still ran fine but I think he's a better horse on a sounder surface and went a long way to proving that last time - though the step up in trip was a big plus too. On that occasion he routed a good horse (who won next time) by 16l and had the field well strung out. These are similar conditions today and has plenty of scope to progress further. Is a fresher horse than his main market rival and I just think he'll get the better of the argument even giving weight away. 3.15 Chelteham - 2pts win Brother Brian @ 6/1 (Hills) This is competitive but I'm really taken by Hughie Morrison's charge here. Showed ability in bumpers - keeping on in three events - and shaped really well if well beaten on hurdling debut. Was thrown right in at the deep end in a race where the first three consisted of Beat That (156 rated now), Champagne West (143) and Knock House (130). Was not as streetwise at those talented animals there but looked like he'd improve and has done so. Dug in well to win next time out on soft ground (clear with subsequent winner, rated 131) and then tried to keep up with the talented Cole Harden at Newbury. That one's now rated 150 so again just bumped into one when a respectable third. When last seen he was 4th in the EBF Final behind a horse suited by the nature of that and the form has worked out well. The third, Doctor Harper, won at Aintree next time and the horse in sixth has won its next two races. I think you can mark up these efforts as they've come on soft when I think he'll be happier on this sounder surface and looks more than capable of getting involved again. 4.25 Cheltenham - 2pts win Here's Herbie @ 12/1 (PP) Sue Gardner doesn't have many runners at the 'big' venues but sends some to Cheltenham today and I think that suggests she thinks she has chances. I'm with her as this horse is a likeable type who is ready for this step up to three miles. Has proved progressive over hurdles - originally staying on into midfield in novice events before recently finishing second and then winning twice with the tongue-tie applied. He stays the 2m4f well - on deep ground - and this trip really should suit. Looked held when 8 lengths down a couple of flights from home two starts back and to say he ended up a ten length winner, it says a lot about his stamina! Asserted again close home over the same c&d when last seen (clear with a horse who went well again off the same mark next time). That proved he can perform on better ground as it was good to soft and I see no reason why he won't improve for the extra yardage. Do I think he'll prove 8lbs better over three miles? I do given the way he initially lacked the pace before staying on stoutly over shorter and it can make the trip worthwhile for the Gardners.

Re: Racing For Rupert 6.35 Southwell - 2pts win Pippa Greene @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes) Used to be highly rated on the flat before regressing in that sphere but was rated 97 at her peak and has shown enough over hurdles to suggest, whilst not a natural, that she can land a race of this nature. This is easier than when running a respectable 4th at Kempton last time in a much hotter contest. She wasn't beaten far and had her conditions there. She wants a sound surface ideally and also runs well fresh. 12961 is her record when coming back off a break including when scoring readily off this mark last May at Fontwell. Likes the sun on her back so returning at this time of year should see her at her best and although not getting any younger, still looks capable of landing a weak affair such as this. 7.05 Southwell - 2pts win Flash Tommie @ 16/1 (Sportingbet) Perhaps would like to see a bit more support for the Michael Appleby-trained individual here but late money is possible and he's improved in two runs since joining his current yard. Showed very little for Martin Bosley but was a staying on 3rd of 8 at Market Rasen behind a good horse in Kilcooley (nothing rated 135 in this!) and the runner-up has franked the form since (now rated 120). Although well-held, he stayed on to suggest a stiffer test would suit and obviously handicapping. He runs off 100 here in a 0-105 and didn't let himself down when last seen either. Again looked ready for a step up than the bare two miles at Fakenham of all places when staying on into 4th behind a progressive type in Boondooma. Did best of those held up that day and the sharp nature of the track wouldn't have been ideal over the trip. Now entered in a handicap first time over a more suitable trip I think his price is too big and I hope the available 16/1 is just a bookies mistake and not a sign of the horse's chance here.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.05 Cheltenham - 2pts win As I Am @ 9/2 (Sportingbet) My selection got the better of The Pirate's Queen by 9l in November when running off level weights and on that evidence I think the 5lb swing still leaves the Don Cantillon-trained mare in with a fantastic chance of holding that one once more. Since that day, this tough mare has only finished second and third but the 2nd came when giving 5lbs to a talented animal rated 143 now so I think that can be forgiven and also I think last time's effort on heavy ground at Taunton can be marked up. She jumped left there and also I really don't think she loves soft ground even though her form suggests she handles it okay. I think she'll be happier on this sounder surface given her action (5 of 7 wins on decent ground, none on heavy). Given that, I think her recent form bodes well. She's game, she'll race prominently and stays a bit further which can help around here. Hard to not see her battling out the finish. 2.40 Cheltenham - 3pts win Baby Shine @ 2/1 (Bet365) I think Lucy Wadham's mare wins this almost be default if she jumps round. She's not infallible and took a crashing fall when in the lead in Ireland last time but the top three in the weights hold a significant class advantage of those below and I'm not a fan of the other two market principals. She Ranks Me has a questionable demeanour and only beat my selection in a match by 2 3/4l receiving 12lbs and I think the tiny field suited that one too. I expect that form to be reversed and Tempest River is nothing special who struggles to win races (don't be fooled by her 10l win at Taunton in November - they went off way too fast in front and all came back to her at the final flight.) Baby Shine is fairly consistent and whilst not the best jumper in the world isn't too bad. Only made that one awful error at the last at Limerick - her other mistakes were tentative jumps rather than blunders. The horse who eventually won that is a decent type who'd hold a sound chance in this so the form's not bad either and so long as she jumps round she'll take the world of beating. 3.50 Cheltenham - 2pts win Time For Rupert @ 7/1 (Bet365) I do love this horse, that may be true, but I do still think he has a big chance this afternoon. He's not quite the force of old now but that allows him to run off a fair mark and has shaped better on a couple of recent occasions. Finished second either side of a poor run at the Festival (a hustle and bustle handicap chase with a big field and a midfield sit doesn't really suit). He's best when allowed his head to bowl along and he did that quite impressively at Ascot last time with the visor applied. Travelled and jumped well and was just outstayed late on by a strong stayer. Wasn't stopping, however, and he's more than capable of going well at this venue. He likes decent ground, the visor stays on and now back at Cheltenham in a more suitable race - 10 runners, good chance to go forward early - I think he'll go really well. Some of the main market rivals like to be held up and are prone to mistakes so if O'Regan can get Rupert into a rhythm from near the front hopefully he'll put the others under pressure and storm up the hill to victory! 4.40 Newmarket - 2pts win Mull of Killough @ 9/2 (Bet365) It's hard to know what to make of Just The Judge returning from a disappointing end to last season and I'd sooner back the more consistent Mull of Killough for Jane Chapple-Hyam. He has an outstanding record at the Newmarket courses (512111 are his figures) and landed this race last year giving 3lbs away. Stayed in form after then before going globetrotting and performing with plenty of credit. Was well-held after a break last month at Meydan but that was a Group 2 and also came on tapeta which is perhaps not quite as suitable at good turf (rated 20lbs higher on turf). Should come on for that and back at his ideal level under his ideal conditions I think he can retain his crown.

Re: Racing For Rupert 5.20 Lingfield - 2pts win Solar Deity @ 5/1 (Bet365) Whilst respecting Grandeur, even when winning I didn't think he was overwhelmingly impressive and it's plausible he just won't reach the heights of his turf form on the artificial surfaces. I think he's well worth taking on today and I like Marco Botti's charge who's well drawn in stall 3. He's joint second highest rated in the field so holds an excellent chance on the book and is fit from runs in Meydan. I often think tapeta races over there make it hard for the closers to really get on top so his staying on efforts into the first half of the field are fair enough. He's extremely consistent (10-16 all-weather races he's made the frame) and comes home well if getting the splits. This 1m2f here on the polytrack is ideal for him and is likely to be finishing with a rattle. When last on these shores was only just denied by a head in a handicap off 103 (plenty went wrong too) so he's very much good enough for this race. Adam Kirby rides Lingfield very well and when you consider Marshgate Lane is a 10/1 shot (horse who beat my selection by that head, now a decent swing in our favour) that gives Solar Deity's hope even more credence and ought to be bang there.

Re: Racing For Rupert 6.15 Nottingham - 2pts win Searchlight @ 100/30 (Hills) Got off the mark last time out from a horse who's run well twice since and conditions should suit well this evening. Has been in the first three on 7 out of 9 starts so we're likely to get a run for our money and should bounce out and make a bold bid from the front. I think the minimum trip is ideal and perhaps the yard's form was to blame when beaten here over this c&d in the Autumn. That was stronger than this anyway and with James Doyle booked for the ride and a confidence-boosting win last time I think he'll take the beating.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.05 Musselburgh - 2pts win Karaka Jack @ 4/1 (Bet365) Runs today off a mark he's exploited on multiple occasions in the past. Usually finishes his races off well but often gets going too late but these conditions suit and the better ground today will help. Has had excuses the last thrice and going back to when he last had ideal conditions, he's 6lbs lower today. Didn't run badly over 7f at Doncaster last time on soft ground and the extra yardage today will suit. This is easier and looks capable of landing this race. 3.55 Plumpton - 2pts win Dildar @ 9/2 (Ladbrokes) Paul Nicholls' charge goes very well fresh and conditions are spot on for him today...two miles on a sharp track with him versatile with regards to ground. Was third in a good Ascot handicap when last seen in November and remains lightly-raced enough to improve again. 123 is his form after a break since coming to the UK so coming here fresh is a plus and he ought to go very well indeed. 4.15 Towcester - 2pts win Xenophon @ 13/2 (Hills) Not an easy horse to win with but has shaped better recently and this track should really suit. Has been getting outpaced before staying on in similar events lately but even that form is no disgrace. They've come on sharper tracks so the stiffer test here is a big positive. Joe Cornwall provides stronger handling too and on this one's best form he's well treated. Doesn't win often but his mark has tumbled down and the way he's shaped lately suggests to me he's capable of taking advantage.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.10 Huntingdon - 2pts win Wom @ 11/2 (Hills) Part of me is saying "what the hell are you doing?!" backing this horse who isn't easy to get right or win with but conditions are spot on and you can excuse his last two efforts. Shaped fairly well on his first run for a while two starts back behind the easy winning Watt Brodewick but disappointed last time. However, that came quickly off the back of his first run and it probably just came too fast. Has had 23 days to recover now and the bare two miles on a sharpish track with good ground the perfect combination for him. He carries a light weight, this smallish field should help and there doesn't look anything thrown in here so I think he's well worth chancing considering how much weight he receives from the market principals and should be capable of a big run.

Re: Racing For Rupert 5.00 Fairyhouse - 2pts win Goonyella @ 12/1 (Hills) Relishes a marathon test as seen at Punchestown last April when leading nowhere other than the line and at the age of 7 has plenty of potential in the staying game. Warmed up for the campaign with two good efforts over shorter at the start of the season before lining up for the Welsh national. I thought he ran well there - did finish 8th of 20 but looked like a threat for much of the contest but didn't come home with quite as much gusto as I'd hoped. Still, that was a race better than this and the way he ran behind Don Poli over hurdles last time gives him a huge chance here (that won went on to win well at Cheltenham). Gave weight away that day and now back over fences with the trip to suit, ought to go well having been given time to freshen up (just missed the cut for Aintree).

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.25 Ludlow - 3pts win Spoil Me @ 3/1 (Skybet) Not a strong race and I'm keen on Jonjo O'Neill's charge to land the spoils here. Jumped out to the left at Taunton last time when eventually unseating AP McCoy so the return to a left-handed track is an obvious advantage and ran quite well here on his only other previous visit. Has only won once in 17 starts but hasn't had many chances over fences and this looks an ideal opportunity. Has looked a menace without seeing out his races over 2m4f but the drop back to two miles looks ideal on that evidence and is blinkered for the first time also. Doesn't look much in here of great concern and if putting it all in should be tough to beat under what look optimal conditions. 2.35 Wetherby - 1pt win Mr Vendman @ 25/1 (Sportingbet) Big price but hasn't looked devoid of promise over hurdles yet but this step up in trip can unlock a bit more I fancy. Stays quite well on the flat and has been plugging on from behind without getting involved over obstacles so far. Was always going to struggle in novice hurdles as he's not very good but plugged on into 6th at Warwick which wasn't a bad effort and jumped left throughout around Sandown when last seen over obstacles. Was beaten 21l there but that was a 0-125 handicap on soft ground and I think this extra yardage, a return to a left-handed track and an ease in grade to a 0-100 can see him competitive. Cheekpieces are on and the better ground could also be in his favour. A weak race so it looks worth chancing him at a tasty price. 3.00 Ludlow - 2pts win Charingworth @ 6/1 (SJ) Getting on a bit now at the age of 11 but is still competitive at this level and I still think he can win off this mark of 127. Was only beaten 3l when last seen in December and was two sound thirds prior to that - including at Cheltenham in a decent race. That came off this mark and after a break - something which he's had since his last run, and he goes well fresh. 314632 are his form figures after a lengthy absence so I can see him going nicely today under conditions that suit. He enjoys good ground, has acted round here in the past. This is a slight drop in class also and the yard are amongst the winners. Should go well.

Re: Racing For Rupert 2.50 Perth - 2pts win Momkinzain @ 9/2 (PP) Lucinda Russell's charge has some very solid course form with career figures here reading 241133 (2113 over this distance) and also has a good record fresh so everything points to a big run today. Disappointed when last seen at Musselburgh but that may well have suggested something was amiss for him to be off the track since. Looks more than capable of competing off this mark so long as he handles the easier ground. Yard are in form and Craig Nicol takes a valuable 5lbs off his mark. Solid. 4.20 Perth - 2pts win Roudoudou Ville @ 9/1 (Hills) You have to take more of a leap of faith with Victor Dartnell's charge but is well-treated on old form and showed something more like it back over fences last time at Fontwell. Hopefully he can build on that now and Dartnell has a fine record when sending horses up to Perth (4-11). Has had his problems since a close 3rd off 145 at Cheltenham in 2011 but has had excuses on runs since (obviously two year absence, lost action on bottomless ground). Took a step forward when not beaten as far at Fontwell last time out - possibly just outstayed after they went hard over 2m6f. Denis O'Regan is 2-2 on the horse and at the age of 9 he shouldn't be done with just yet. Yard had a winner yesterday and I'm hoping this one can bounce back to resume his progress from 2011.

Re: Racing For Rupert 5.25 Brighton - 2pts win Mr Lando @ 13/2 (Hills) I'm perhaps naive for going against the money for Rezwaan here but it's impossible to back with any confidence and I like Tony Carroll's charge. Both of his wins in the UK have come over this sort of trip at Lingfield with some give in the ground and this track should play to his strengths. Had been competing with credit on the all-weather over the winter but is probably a bit happier on turf and these are his conditions. Looks off an exploitable mark and represents a yard in form. Ryan Tate takes off a valuable 5lbs and I think he ought to go well.

Re: Racing For Rupert 7.25 Brighton - 1pt win Perfect Pastime @ 12/1 (Hills) The favourite has to prove himself back on turf and is worth letting win at the price should he do so. Jim Boyle's horses haven't had a good winter but there are signs of improvement of late and this horse is extremely well-handicapped. He's won off far higher marks in the past and although not the easiest to win with, enjoys tracks such as this and has had excuses when running here in the past. Is largely consistent and has been running quite well of late. He's just as good on turf if not better and gets a further 7lbs taken off his back by a rider who has won on the horse in the past. Is 4lbs lower since his last run on the flat (was here, missed break, stayed on) and at a double-figure price is worth chancing.

Re: Racing For Rupert 3.05 Perth - 2pts win De Bee Keeper @ 11/2 (Bet365) Lucinda Russell's charge has finished in midfield on all starts to date but obviously wasn't going to pull up too many trees in novice events and lowly handicaps are where he'll make his mark. Was quietly fancied to go well on his handicap debut back in September here over 2m1f but couldn't get involved. He did, however, stay on towards the finish and shaped as if the extra yardage would suit. Gets that today as he goes up to 2m4f and the winning margin that day made his run look a bit worse than it was. It's worth mentioning that that was a 0-120 race and he drops significantly into weaker 0-100 company today. That should help him be more competitive and ought to go well now upped in trip. 3.25 Doncaster - 2pts win Jazz @ 6/1 (Hills) Charles Hills' runner finished behind a couple of these at Pontefract last time but was sent off favourite that day and just looked like he needed that on his first run of the season. If you forgive him that then he's got a huge chance on last year's form and the flat track today will suit. His only career win came over this c&d but has run many good races in decent company with all of his efforts last year reading well. His third at Kempton three starts back reads very well in a maiden with the 1st and 2nd rated in the 100s now. Runs off 86 back in a handicap now and with that run under his belt should go well. 3.50 Sandown - 3pts win Charles Molson @ 7/2 (PP) A low draw can be crucial here over sprint trips and this looks an ideal opportunity for Henry Candy's charge. He's berthed in stall 2 here and his racing style should be perfect for this track. The ground's riding soft which is no concern on last year's form. Shaped well in two starts before easing to his first win at Bath on soft and then wasn't really suited by the way the race was run at Newmarket when last seen over 6f. He took a keen hold in a small field but came home 2l back in third. Has the speed to utilise his low draw, handles the ground and won't have an issue coming up the hill given the way he finishes his races. Can grab this by the scruff of the neck and land the spoils.