Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Group H > Oct 23 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

Re: Group H > Oct 23 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

Anything you know about Galatasaray approach to this game ?
Galatasaray (GS) manager said that this match isnt a do or die match for them.He also added that they will be playing with their same style of play and they need to attack more and apply pressure up front.He continued to say that they will be controlling the ball during the match. My feeling about the match is that both sides will create plenty of chances and there will be goals scored by both sides.Home sides handicap is that left winger Riera will be playing in left back position. He had played in that position before couple of times but IMO he doesnt have the the skills to act as a full back. Also CB Semih has been given a late fitness test and he will be playing despite a minor injury.If he happens to get injured,seasons new signing Cris from OL will be replacing him most probably and IMO he will be the weakest link of the defence as he is a heavy tank. Tonights line up is as follows, Muslera, Eboue, Semih Kaya, Dany, Riera, Hamit Altıntop, Selçuk İnan, Melo, Amrabat, Umut Bulut, Elmander. My pick for tonights match will be BOTH SIDES to SCORE.

They've said wootton is coming in for rio, do you know what he's like? Fergie also said he might try diamond formation???? I think you right about both teams to score! I'm also considering over2.5
Scott Wooton looked comfortable in the league cup game against Newcastle although Cisse or Ba didnt start Cisse scored within 1 minute of coming on. The League Cup isnt the champions league though and I can see the back four getting protection from a fit again Darren Fletcher, with young and valencia wide and Kagawa on top of the diamond if they go that way. there are goals in any front two partnership upfront, ooney got on the score sheet fo the first time so fergie might opt to keep him in. Braga seem to be in decent form but will need to counter attack well, can see this game going comfortably over as this team seems to have goals in them away from home. The +2 handicap bet looks decent value but everyone thought Newcastle would score goals in the league game against united and we kept a clean sheet so might go for a 2-0 victory.

Manchester United is performing quite sparingly in the Champions League after defeating Galatasaray with a minimum score at "Old Trafford" and won 2-1 Cluj in Romania.In their last match Utd beat Stoke 4-2 with two goals from Wayne Rooney and one of Danny Welbeck and Van Persie. In their last five games on the pitch "Red Devils" have four wins and one defeat came from Tottenham three weeks ago ..Braga started very little participation in the group stage conceding twice at home from Cluj. In his visit to Turkey in the second round, however, the Portuguese kept their chances of continuing forward, beating Galatasaray 2-0. Sporting Braga warmed to visit the "Old Trafford" with 3-0 success against second division Leysoesh and continued their Cup run. Braga play strong as a guest with two wins, two draws and one loss.Manchester United are keen favorite in the game and will look to take an early advance before the break and to keep it till the end of the match. Six days after this match Man Utd. will face Chelsea twice, so the "Red Devils" need no tense moments at the end of the game against Braga. Tight Home win 1:0 or 2:0
Bet Won 0:2 3:2 typical for Man utd

Another match for Galatasaray matter of survive in Group. We may think and also comments will declare that Galatasaray wants to qualify to next step in CL. But the truth, I suppose, is only to revive the more probable target holding the 3rd place and continue in Europa League among Galatasaray's players. A lot of people will criticize my opinion but I am gonna tell it anyway. What you have seen about Galatasaray is all you can see. Nothing more nothing less. They wont play different than last two matches against M.United and Braga. Zero goals zero points and I can still see too much optimistic opinions about Galatasaray. I amnot enemy of Galatasaray nor have prejudices about them. That Galatasaray 2nd most conceeded team in Turkey even they hold 1st place in league. !! Average 1,5 goals they have conceeded in CL and 0 scored. Same average 1,5 in 8 games in Superleague but they have scored 2 in 8 games in Superleague. 7 of 8 matches finished Over 2,5 in Super league. One game which they lost was Under. 2-0 lost against Ordu. It is ineteresting. When they get point or points match goes Over, when they lose it stays Under 2,5. In Champions League too. But this match is so important that we cant totally pick prediction from those stats. On the other side CFR Cluj has scored and conceeded total 37 goals in 12 games. Average 3 goals!! They maynot be in good position in their league but also Galatasaray isnot living summer in our league. Mediocre teams even has been able to score against Galatasaray. And also Galatasaray havent won the matches they were supposed to in last 4 games! 1 point wont be enough for Galatasaray coz probably Cluj and Galatasaray are expecting M.United win against Braga. If that happens and this match comes draw then group M.United 9 points-Cluj 4 points Braga 3 points Galatasaray 1 points. This may seem Galatasaray will let their hopes survive further for Europa League. But what about morale? And also then they will still not be able to get rid of must-win matches. Math may tell different but human factor emotions will change everything. Galatasaray only will be able to win if they not conceed or lead the score by margin of 2. I dont know alot about CFR Cluj. But I am expecting Over 2,5 goals with the help of Cluj on scoreboard. If Cluj puts not to conceed and make defense 90 mins in their plans as first target then Draw will be another choice of mine. From my reasoning ( I know it is too long sorry for that) Both Teams To Score is easily educed. Galatasaray can win? Why not. Nothing impossible. But I cant draw that picture or game plan for that. Selcuk Inan will be able to play in this match. Possible Line-up: Muslera-Eboue-Semih-Dany-Hakan-Hamit-Melo-Selcuk-Amrabat-Elmander-Umut. In forward line I dont think Fatih Terim will start with Burak.If he plays,It will be advantage for Cluj. There are no noticeable bench player to change the game route or diversify the game plan. If you arent agree with me I will be glad to hear what Galatasaray can do with this team players other then they have been doing in this season in terms of game tactic. Donot forget If one teams MUST win a match that willnot mean they will!!! My Predictions: 1- Over 2,5 Goals 2- Both Teams To Score 3- Draw Full Time Good luck all.
2 out of 3 not bad. Field wasnt good for football. I should have thought that. No excuse . Sorry for that. :( As I mentioned in my post Cluj decided to defend and got the draw as they deserve. I said before Galatasaray is this nothing more nothing less. They showed thesame in M.United and Braga games. And probably most of you will say again Galatasaray missed the 3 points . I will say no!! This team CANNOT be better. Wasting chances is their last limit to reach. If they could use that chances then they would be called Real Galatasaray or Galatacelona etc. :) I liked the way Cluj played. They played as they should. One man down, maybe not fair decision by referee, and they got what they wanted. Anyway Braga lost . This is good for Galatasaray for Europa League dream.

Man.United - Braga Man.United are doing not bad at the moment, but they still have some problems in defense and they haven't kept many clean sheets so far. In my opinion this is unlikely to change until Vidic is back. According to uefa.com "United have never lost at home to Portuguese opponents but José Peseiro's Braga are on a seven-match unbeaten sequence on their travels in Europe". Moreover, since the Red Devils have an important game against Chelsea I won't be surprised if Sir Alex decides to rest some players. Man.United are top of the group and even a draw wouldn't change that. Braga in my opinion did well to beat Galatasaray away and I would consider them the main contenders for the second spot here. I really can't see them losing by more than 1 goal here, and a draw would not surprise me at all. Braga +2 @ 1.67 William Hill (this is a good pick for an accumulator)
:clap