** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus -1.5 @ 2.22 pinnacle Juventus -2 (EH) @ 3.75 sportsbet Juve will have a pretty strong line up for this game as they sit on 2 points from two draws and trail both Shaktar Donetsk and Chelsea in their group, so a win here is vital for them. Like the way they fought back from two goals down at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea, and with Pirlo still in very good form, like him to dictate this match. FC Nordsjælland have not scored in their two group games so far as they lost 2-0 at Shaktar Donetsk and then were beaten 4-0 at home by Chelsea. Though Chelsea only scored its last three goals in the last 15 minutes, they dominated this game, and doubt Juventus will have too many problems with the Danish side.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Shakhtar v Chelsea game is one to stay away from with regard the 1X2 market in my opinion. Shakhtar have only lost 1 game in their last 39 in all competitions, a superb record, regardless of what league they play in, and they did get a draw at Juventus. I think the BTTS and Over/Under market is the way to go here, but i would rather just stay away from the game. A comfortable Juve win is on the cards in the other match, agree with Paul Ross's analysis. Sit back, hit them on the counter with relative ease.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Shaktar Donetsk v Chelsea - This looks a hard match to call with both teams in fine form. Chelsea had a tough match at the weekend vs Spurs and would have been pressed much closer if Tottenham's 2 best players (Bale and Dembele) had not been absent. The difference between the sides was Juan Mata who has taken over from Eden Hazard as the Blue's in form player. He scored twice against Spurs and created another. With 6 goals in his last 5 games he looks value again and I have bought his Goal Minutes at 13 with SPIN. Shaktar should also get plenty of opportunities to score. It was surprising how many chances Spurs created with Bale and Dembele missing and Chelsea have been vulnerable in defence all season. Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been scoring for fun recently so I have also bought his Goal Minutes at 19 with SPIN. My one concern is that he does tend to score most of his goals quite early so backing him to get the 1st goal at 13/2 (widely available) might be a more sensible option.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea are at really great form right now. Even shaktar is playing good, I cant see Shaktar to win. Great value to Chelsea. Its hard to play away, thats why draw is the best result for this game. Pick: Chelsea +0,5 1,704 Pinnacle

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea are at really great form right now. Even shaktar is playing good, I cant see Shaktar to win. Great value to Chelsea. Its hard to play away, thats why draw is the best result for this game. Pick: Chelsea +0,5 1,704 Pinnacle Not much to say about Juventus game. Big chance game gone end with 2:0, a few goals in second half. Denmark team will fight, but nothing more. Juventus -1,5 2,17 Pinnacle

Shakhtar V Chelsea LAY Shakhtar @ 2.4 - Betfair. Still convinced these odds aren't correct here. You can argue that Shakhtar are unbeaten in thirty odd home games but the standard of opposition they've faced has been poor, and I think this is good LAY odds on the basis of a Chelsea win or draw. I think Chelsea are going to be arguably the strongest opponent Shakhtar will have faced recently at home, and one of the strongest they are going to face this year. Under normal circumstances you'd expect Shakhtar to dominate possession playing their style of nice controlled football, but I don't think they'll have it all their own way, and these odds are far too good to turn down IMO.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

I'm going to take something similar to Mustafa on this one. Chelsea are just too hard to ignore at odds like that. I'd suspect they'll rest a few players with the 2 games against United just around the corner' date=' but they have plenty of depth in the squad (including Terry and Lampard who are fully rested) and are on a great run of form. Very hard to ignore them. I'll put my bet down a little closer to kick off though.[/quote'] Chelsea +1 @1.57 Sportsbet I'll stick with what I said earlier, I just can't see Chelsea getting absolutely nothing out of this game. They are in a great vain of form and I doubt their opposition can stop them here. Shakhtar aren't a poor side by any means, but they'll certainly have their hands full. If anything I'm leaning towards a draw, but with Chelsea's current attacking ability I'm not about to doubt their chances of sneaking a couple of goals and getting the win.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I am wondering whether Shakthar will play hard on E.Hazard or any others who seem to be dangerous for them. If any Ukrainian friends in here I will be glad. I meant will they play tough on some players? Has Shaktar ever chosen that mentality before against weapons of rivals? Damn sorry for bad english :(

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) S. Donetsk vs Chelsea 3/10pts Draw - 12/5 with BetFred There isn't too much for me to write here. Shakhtar are always a tough team to visit and they will definitely have a go at Chelsea tonight but at the same time, Chelsea can defend well when their backs are against the wall. Both of these know the other team have plenty of dangerous players so I see it being a nervy, tense game because of the importance of this game in the context of the group. I can't see Chelsea collapsing under the pressure and at the same time I expect them to be on the back foot for long periods so, for me, the draw is the value play at these odds.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) BET: JUVENTUS -1 @ 1/1 Nordsjaelland have struggled severely in their opening 2 fixtures of their Champions League Debut showing that they simply are not up to the step up in standard losing 2-0 in their trip to the Ukraine and hammered in their home Champions League debut 0-4 to Chelsea. Nordsjaelland’s defence looks abysmal this year and the Champions League seems to be taking its toll on their Leagues performance with them only winning 6 of their opening 13 games in the Danish Superliga. Juventus are yet to win in their return back to Europes elite competition and will be very disappointed they didn’t pick up more than 1 point from their Ukrainian trip, they will however take pride in the fact they picked up a valuable point away to current Champions League holders Chelsea, proving they are still able to compete with Europe’s best. Juventus know they need to get 6 points from six in the Nordsjaelland if they wish to qualify to the knockouts and will be determined not to slip tonight. Group E is a very challenging group, with 3 teams fighting for the top two spots Juventus will know they need a win here tonight. Domestically Juventus are flying yet again and look real contenders for two in a row having won 7 from opening 8 and drawing just 1. Juventus have managed to score 2 or more in all their league fixtures this year barring the game they drew in a tricky away trip to Fiorentina which finished 0-0. Much of the teams Juventus team play week in week out would be of much higher standard to Nordsjaelland and they should surely be able to score 2+ considering they are currently doing it against teams of a higher standard. I am very confident of this bet but the reason I am being cautious with the stake is Nordsjaelland are at home to one of Europes big names, the occasion and fans could well lead to a potential intensified performance from the Danes. Also handicapped bets can prove big banana skins. Juventus should win this and should win well but many teams should win and simply dont!! So not risking too much stake for this one. Best of Luck to everyone tonight,

John terry is banned for 4 games. I assume that also includes European games not just Premier league games. So he wont be playing. Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
of course it doesnt apply to European games. Terry plays.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus -1.5 (AH) @ 1.9 Bet355. The home side have lost their opening two games in the Champions League thus far and I'm unable to see them beating Juventus this time around. Juventus come into this game after deservedly defeating Serie A title rivals Napoli at the weekend. This will certainly bring along a great deal of confidence for the away side going into this match. Their team captain Buffon will also be starting in goals tonight after recovering from a thigh injury that was picked up during international duty with Italy. He is expected to given the all clear and should start the game tonight.

Re: Group E > Oct 23 (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Juventus -1 @ 2.07 Sportsbet Not much to add here, plenty has already been said about both sides and I tend to agree with the majority. Juve are a far superior side and have everything to play for in this game - they can't afford to drop more points and lose touch with the group leaders. I'd expect Juve to really push for a decent win here and would be surprised if they pass this margin by a few.

Shakhtar V Chelsea LAY Shakhtar @ 2.4 - Betfair. Still convinced these odds aren't correct here. You can argue that Shakhtar are unbeaten in thirty odd home games but the standard of opposition they've faced has been poor, and I think this is good LAY odds on the basis of a Chelsea win or draw. I think Chelsea are going to be arguably the strongest opponent Shakhtar will have faced recently at home, and one of the strongest they are going to face this year. Under normal circumstances you'd expect Shakhtar to dominate possession playing their style of nice controlled football, but I don't think they'll have it all their own way, and these odds are far too good to turn down IMO.
Poor night overall for me as Chelsea lost. Lots of weird results tonight :(

In my opinion Shakhtar has been underestimated in here. You can not just have an idea of a match by just comparing teams on paper . I am guessing this match has been recognized in two different ways in Ukraine and in England. In England the public opinion may reveal that Chelsea is gonna play against a mediocre team in Europe that has had few spectacular achievements and Chelsea should be careful. But usually those kind of teams DON'T!!! Therefor teams like Shakthar and BATE have had those achievements. On the other side in Ukraine there may be different mood. Wow we are gonna play against well known strong English team and we must be careful and shouldnt wish any illogical outcome as dominating Chelsea or beatin them hard. Anyway my guts telling me this isnot gonna be piece of cake for Chelsea but I amnot eager to bet one of 1X2 options. I wanna watch it in a relax position :) Here is my predictions. 1- Half Time Draw (``) 2-Both Teams To Score (%40)
Almost.... 1 out of 2 not bad at all :) Damn Shakhtar.

Tough game to call from a 1X2 perspective. Both teams are flying in their domestic leagues, Chelsea have surprised most of us with their start in the EPL, when you watched how Althetico dismantled them you wondered how Di Matteo might integrate Oscar, Hazard, Torres and Mata in the same team while remaining stable at the back they seem to have managed it though, with Ramieres and Mikel doing the 'donkey' work. I don't think Di Matteo will change much, they played early on Saturday and don't play United until Sunday so 4 full days of recovery time after this one, that being said Terry will play for one of Luiz or Cahill and I would think Lampard to start for either Mikel or Ramieres but not certain, Lampard isn't as quick as he used to be and Shakhtar's whole system is set up around moving the ball quickly and counter attacking. Sturridge might come in for Torres too but again not certain, Torres continues to play well (without scoring) and Di Matteo doesn't seem to fancy Sturridge for whatever reason. With Juventus likely to get 6 points from their two games against the Danish minnows this is an important couple of games for both sides. Shakhtar are coasting in Ukraine with 12 wins from 12, as I have noted before their set-up has not changed for a few years they are built around a solid defensive unit of Ukranian players and have Brazilians providing the flair and movement further forward, players like Luiz Adriano, Fernandinho, Willian and the Armenian Mkhitaryan who has now established himself as one of their key attackers. Fernandinho didn't play at the weekend, I'm not sure if he is injured or was rested with this game in mind. They move the ball around very quickly in forward areas and I think some will be surprised by their quality if they haven't watched them before, certainly not a game will be taking lightly after Shakhtar notched up a very impressive 1-1 against Juve in a game many expected them to lose. Shakhtar haven't lost a competitive home game since November 2011 but not often have they played against a side as good as Chelsea. It should be a cracker with two teams in excellent form and largely two sides who play with similar attacking instincts, I expect plenty of chances at both ends as neither defence is water tight or likely to survive intact for 90 minutes imo. I think there was a bit of value on Chelsea but the prices seem to be levelling out now, I certainly wouldn't want to back them without draw cover. The longer the game goes on the more stretched it will become depending on the scoreline and I think the type of fast moving counter attacking football both sides can perform will see plenty of opportunities even if the start is cagey, an early goal would really set things up. Both Teams to Score - 1.8 - coral - 5 Points WIN Over 2.5 Goals - 2.1 - ladbrokes - 5 Points WIN
Good result, seems quite fortunate Chelsea registered a goal, didn't watch it unfortunately.

Shakhtar are creating too many chances and there is a good probability that they will score against Chelsea. We can say the same about Chelsea' date= so I think that BTS@1,8 is the best option. Juve is too short and knowing their solid, but not that creative play, I suppose that they will have problems breaking this Nordsjeland side away from home. Remember that FCN was able to hold Shakhtar at the Donbas Arena for 44 minutes. I seriously doubt that Juve can create more chances in Denmark than Shakhtar in Ukraine against FCN. Also, last year in the domestic league, Juve very often broke the opponent in the second half. First Half Draw @2,4 (at local)
Both predictions correct. As I expected, Juve had problems with the Danes and in global Juve has problems to open up the score when playing against minor sides that play defensively. For the Shakhtar game, they are really a creative side and can score against any team in the world. I had them BTS in Italy and yesterday too. Just a shame that Benfica X2 ruined this good combo.