October 15 - October 21

CzechPunter

Back Jurgen Melzer to win ATP Vienna for a 0.5/10 stake at 29.00 with Stan James Back Tommy Haas to win ATP Vienna for a 0.5/10 stake at 7.00 with Stan James Juan Martin del Potro is the favourite in Vienna, but I think that it would be ridiculous to back him at such a short price, especially since he is not going to push himself to the limit with all those big events coming up (he is returning from an injury break). Jurgen Melzer has won this event before, so this price looks huge considering he is going to return to familiar conditions. And Tommy Haas can do some damage in the form he is in right now as well, so the second half of my stake goes to him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-vienna-betting-jurgen-melzer-can-get-quite-far-in-familiar-conditions Back Marcos Baghdatis to win ATP Stockholm for a 0.5/10 stake at 13.00 with Bet365 Back Kevin Anderson to win ATP Stockholm for a 0.5/10 stake at 21.00 with Bet365 Cannot really back the favourites with so many big events coming up (and they will both need some rest after those decent runs in Asia), so I am going to go with the underdogs. Baghdatis has been playing well recently and should have a good run in him in my opinion, while Kevin Anderson might be able to make a good run indoors with his playing style as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-stockholm-betting-the-underdogs-might-be-able-to-do-some-damage-in-sweden

Re: October 15 - October 21 Robin Haase (-3 games) to bt. Marinko Matosevic. Odds 2.07 @ Pinnacle Today isn't a day full of value. The only one I could find up till now is this pick. A match between two similar ranked players, but not similar skilled ones. Like I have blogged before, Matosevic is a limited, one-dimensional player in my eyes. And I expect his ranking to plummet after February, because I don't expect him to be able to match his result at Delray Beach. On the other hand we have Robin Haase, like Matosevic not in real good form. He hasn't won a match since Winstom Salem against Davydenko. However he's had time to prepare and overthink after his loss to Troicki. I expect Matosevic to go full throttle and bash the ball as hard as he can. Haase is a much complete player, and if this goes to a bashing fight, Haase will be the one that can handle it a lot better. Also another think to hold into account, the only encounter between the two was won by Haase in a quite comfortable fashion: 63 64 and that was in March 2012.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.