** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League T20 2012

kevshat

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Unlucky with the 6's bet Kev. I followed and it looked like it was going to hit especially after the first over that Watson faced! For the second game I will be looking at the 1st inning runs line that is set with interest. I am hoping for a bit of an over-reaction to a low scoring game first up. I will also take Under 9.5 6's @ 1.72 (Bet365). The odds aren't particularly great, but as I mentioned yesterday this isn't a 6-hitters ground. Most other bookies have this line set at 8.5 (albeit at odds of 1.83) so I am willing to take on take on some of the big hitters on show in this market. I am also on the Lions @ 2.72 (Pinnacle)! These odds are absolutely ridiculous. There is no doubt Chennai have some big names in their side, but the Lions will be used to these conditions and have shown they can compete with the big names of world cricket with a win in their opening match. I am not sold on some of these Indian batsman on these South African pitches and I think if Hussey can be dismissed early on in his innings, the Lions will be in a great position to cause an upset. Despite his good innings in the last game, I think Raina will struggle on a pitch that players in the early game described as having tennis-ball bounce. I would have the Lions closer to 2.20-2.30 here.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League T20 2012 That was mightily annoying. Watson hit the 6's match levelling six in the first over and then Haddin and Lumb proceeded to taunt me with one bounce fours and Haddin's catch on the boundary. One that got away for sure. Going with two in the later game. This one which has drifted to 6/4 with Stan James for some reason.

4pts Lions to beat Chennai Super Kings 11/8 Skybet I think the Lions are overpriced here. They will know the conditions perfectly and they have a bowling attack which the Super Kings batsmen won’t like to face. Even with Hussey and du Plessis in the side nobody likes facing Nannes and Tanvir on these wickets. Neil McKenzie plays spin well to negate the threat of the Super Kings spin department and there’s nothing to worry about in their pace attack. The Lions match up well against Chennai and in these conditions they have to be the bet in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-lions-betting-south-african-side-lions-can-flourish-in-their-own-conditions
and 4pts Under 10 6's 8/11 Bet365 We saw in the earlier match that the boundaries are quite big and it's not easy to hit the pace bowlers over the top with a bit of sticky bounce and tennis ball action off the wicket. The Indian element of the Chennai batsmen don't really like the pace and bounce anyway so I think they might struggle for big hits and we saw in the Lions opening game that for the most part they are boundary hitters rather than six hitters. If Neil McKenzie plays the anchor role again he won't hit many sixes but he'll face a lot of the bowling. Unless Albie Morkel comes into the side and goes bonkers for Chennai I really don't see them having the hitting potential to hit the 7 or 8 sixes they will probably need to hit to make this bet a loser. I'm happy that 10 6's is too high here.

Re: Champions League T20 2012 OK, so the innings run line is set at 155.5 which is far higher than I expected. I think a score of 160 will be a really competitive score here and expected this line to be set around the high 140's. Big scores aren't common at Cape Town, particularly not for subcontinent players and with Michael Hussey being rested, I just feel as though there is too much pressure on Du Plessis to score runs given he is the only recognised batsman who would feel at home in these conditions. The 1st innings average score here is 148. I'll have a put on Chennai Total - Under 155.5 runs @ 1.83 (Bet365).

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Just not my day. After the 1st game where there was about 20 1-bounce fours, this game features what was probably a record number of sixes that cleared the rope by less than 5cm. :lol EDIT: Despite being frustrated after the end of the CSK innings, I suppose I can't complain about the 6's bet as it lost comfortably in the end. The Lions did well to chase down a decent total and win the H2H bet, but it was the only positive in a poor night for me.

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Know how you feel Lahrio mate. Wednesday previews: 4pts Titans to beat Auckland 8/11 Bet365 This is a tight match to call but I’m just going to side with home advantage in this match. The Titans have a solid looking batting line up whereas Auckland’s might just be a batsman light while the pace of the Titans attack could have a lot of joy on a juiced up wicket which has seen plenty of rain in the run up to this match. Titans just look marginally better to me and I’ll take them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/titans-vs-auckland-betting-titans-can-use-home-advantage-to-full-effect-against-confident-aces 4pts Perth Scorchers to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 11/10 Ladbrokes So far in this tournament an IPL side has met a non IPL side on four occasions and the IPL side have lost all four. Kolkata have looked arguably the worst of those IPL sides and I’m amazed they are the favourites here against a more than capable Scorchers side. At odds against given how well the Knight Riders have played so far and how unsuited their side is to these wickets I have to take the Big Bash runners up here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-perth-scorchers-betting-perth-scorchers-can-eliminate-the-ipl-champions-in-durban

Re: Champions League T20 2012 I'm thinking of going with the Under 9.5 6's @ 1.80 (Bet365) in the opening match tonight. Durban is another ground where seeing 10+ 6's isn't common and the rain that Kev mentioned in the lead up should make it that little bit harder to go after the bowling. Also looking at Azhar Mahmood - Performance Points 42&Over @ 1.83 (Bet365). Like Watson, Mahmood is another true all-rounder in good form at the moment. Mahmood has covered this line in all three games Auckland have played so far, and has taken 8 wickets in his previous two games. He is capable with the bat as well and coming in close to the top of the innings, he will have time to build an innings. Not sure about the H2H market, but given Kev's record I might just have to follow him on the Titans. ;)

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Left the early game alone with rain forecast but as it hasn't materialised I'll take this one in the second game.

4pts Perth Scorchers to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 11/10 Ladbrokes So far in this tournament an IPL side has met a non IPL side on four occasions and the IPL side have lost all four. Kolkata have looked arguably the worst of those IPL sides and I’m amazed they are the favourites here against a more than capable Scorchers side. At odds against given how well the Knight Riders have played so far and how unsuited their side is to these wickets I have to take the Big Bash runners up here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-perth-scorchers-betting-perth-scorchers-can-eliminate-the-ipl-champions-in-durban

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Another small loss in that game with Mahmood failing with the bat and I had my heart in my mouth given my luck recently as the 10th wicket partnership starting hitting them out of the park. Onto the second game and there are a few bets that interest me. Firstly the H2H bet, I have no idea how Perth aren't favourites against what has been a pretty poor showing by KKR so far. KKR just don't have enough fit batsman that are used to these conditions in my opinion. They are far too reliant on McCullum, and while Kallis is obviously a top-quality player but he has struggled with the bat recently, scoring only 45 runs in his last 7 T20 innings. His injury in the first game of the tournament looked to be playing on his mind as well in his last match. I have gone Perth @ 2.14 (Pinnacle). I have also gone with Bisla to bt. Gambhir @ 2.10 (Bet365). This is one that should be about even. Despite Gambhir's experience, he hasn't been in form lately and Bisla has had a couple of decent innings. This could really go either way so I will take Bisla at odds above evens. J. Kallis - Under 38 Performance Pts @ 1.83 (Bet365). I suppose there is always a risk taking on someone of Kallis's quality, but as I mentioned above he hasn't really done too much with the bat lately, and he looked injured in his last match. Given his current T20 form and the look of this pitch, I would say he probably has to cover this with his bowling.

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Thursday previews: 4pts Lions vs Sydney Sixers - N.McKenzie to beat Q.de Kock 10/11 William Hill McKenzie is a 10/11 outsider for this match but I believe he has a lot more about him than de Kock. He has beaten de Kock in both of the Lions matches so far and de Kock has a very much hit everything mentality about him by the looks of him. He won’t get far trying to cart this attack to all parts so I think McKenzie looks a good thing in their match bet. With his experience he’ll nudge and nurdle then put the bad balls away which is the way to go here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lions-vs-sydney-sixers-betting-neil-mckenzie-can-outscore-the-young-sensation-quentin-de-kock-in-cape-town 4pts Mumbai Indians vs Yorkshire - D.Smith (-1.5 runs) to beat A.Gale 5/6 Ladbrokes Andrew Gale has batted three times in the tournament so far and he hasn’t made 20 in an innings yet. Dwayne Smith will know all these Yorkshire bowlers having faced them all at one time or another in his county career and I expect him to be on the front foot straight away. I think the West Indian opener will be too good for the Yorkshire captain who not only has to deal with being out of form but has to deal with Malinga too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-yorkshire-betting-dwayne-smith-is-in-good-enough-form-to-beat-andrew-gale

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Been an up and down tournament for me so far but thankfully the Sixers look like keeping me in a good position. -2.34pts for me overall with a couple of unfortunate losses along the way. Going with three this afternoon. This one.....

4pts Mumbai Indians vs Yorkshire - D.Smith (-1.5 runs) to beat A.Gale 5/6 Ladbrokes Andrew Gale has batted three times in the tournament so far and he hasn’t made 20 in an innings yet. Dwayne Smith will know all these Yorkshire bowlers having faced them all at one time or another in his county career and I expect him to be on the front foot straight away. I think the West Indian opener will be too good for the Yorkshire captain who not only has to deal with being out of form but has to deal with Malinga too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-yorkshire-betting-dwayne-smith-is-in-good-enough-form-to-beat-andrew-gale
and..... 3pts Yorkshire to beat Mumbai Indians 11/4 William Hill I've been priced in here. No side is 11/4 to beat any other side in a domestic 20 over game no matter what the perceived gulf in class is. Yorkshire can play this game and Mumbai looked horrible with the bat and the ball in their first game. If Mumbai had looked on form in their opening match I might have had a different opinion but they were woeful and while they are expected to have too much for Yorkshire it only takes 8-10 overs of someone like Gary Ballance or Phil Jaques and this could be a completely different match. Yorkshire have a bowling attack which should be able to keep the Mumbai batsmen honest. The Mumbai batsmen aren't going to cream them everywhere like the Sydney ones did at least. Both sides know they have to win but Yorkshire know they are not expected to win so they can play a little more freely and express themselves and maybe pull off the shock win. 1pt ew D.Karthik Top Mumbai Indians Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Not many Mumbai Indians batsmen looked good in their opening match but one who did was Dinesh Karthik and I wouldn't be surprised if he's shoved up the order here. I can't see Mumbai shoving Mitchell Johnson up to bat at four again after that experiment never worked at all so if Karthik bats four or five he would have every chance of going well with the bat. Karthik can play both roles. He can anchor the side if he's batting with the likes of Pollard or he can give it the wigwambam to finish the innings as he showed the other night. Karthik hit 19 off 9 balls against the Lions the other night and the way he played you'd have thought he would've scored very well if he was shoved up the order. At 13/2 I'll pay to see how high he bats here safe in the knowledge he looked the pick of the Mumbai batsmen in their opening match.

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Friday preview: 4pts Auckland vs Delhi Daredevils - 10 or more 6's Evs Bet365 One thing Auckland has done all tournament, win lose or draw, is hit a lot of sixes. Even though they went down by 59 runs and only scored 113 against the Titans they still hit 5 6’s on this ground which is no mean effort. Delhi have a lot of six hitters in their side so I expect sixes to be a feature of this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-auckland-betting-two-big-hitting-sides-should-produce-plenty-of-sixes

Re: Champions League T20 2012 2 pts Delhi Over 13.5 fours; Evens @ Ladbrokes I'll take this one. Delhi normally bats when wins the toss, and Auckland chooses to field when they win the toss. So whatever happens in the toss I think Delhi will bat first. Delhi have a lot of players who can hit great shots like Sehwag, Pietersen, Taylor, Jayawardene, Irfan etc etc, 14 fours doesnt look very difficult to reach for them. And just a few coints to KPietersen MoM @ 10.00 in Bet365; Just have the feeling he will be happy for the inclusion in the England team for the Indian Tour. And of course taking Over 10 sixes following Kevshat and nothing else guys. Good luck!!

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Saturday previews: 3pts Yorkshire to beat Lions 19/10 Boylesports When Yorkshire qualified for this group I had this one down as their best chance of a win because they won’t come up against anything they’ve not faced before in this match. There is no slogger or unorthodox bowler so they can give this one a good go and with the Lions knowing they have to win to make the semi finals there may well be more pressure on them to ram home a good start than Yorkshire who are just loving being there. At 19/10 it’s worth a tickle on the English side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lions-vs-yorkshire-betting-yorkshire-look-a-little-bit-of-value-to-upset-the-home-side-in-johannesburg 4pts Chennai Super Kings to beat Mumbai Indians 10/11 BetVictor Although the Mumbai Indians are the defending champions in this tournament I think Chennai are the ones to be on here. Their opening bowling pair can keep things tight at the top and the spinners have enough about them to keep the Mumbai batsmen honest but the Chennai top order could take this game away from Mumbai if Malinga has another off day. The likes of du Plessis and Raina score quickly and with Dhoni and Morkel to finish the job I like the Super Kings in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-chennai-s-powerful-batting-can-lead-them-to-first-win

3 for me in the opener. The Yorkshire bet above and these two. 4pts Over 8.5 6's Evs Ladbrokes Now we're back in Johannesburg I expect the sixes to flow again with the ball travelling further. This isn't a particularly high line and I think both teams have enough in their batting line up to give us 9 6s. Yorkshire's attack got murdered last time out and the Lions attack is hittable too so I'll take the overs here. 2pts A.Phangiso Most Economical Bowler 11/4 Stan James Aaron Phangiso has been one of the best bowlers in the competition and I see no reason why that won't continue in this match. We know there's nothing in this wicket for the seamers in terms of movement so the spinners could be most profitable. Phangiso has been the pick of the spinners and can be the most economical here. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Sunday previews: 4pts Perth vs Delhi - 9 or more 6's 10/11 Bet365 I think the Daredevils will win this match but they are a bit short so I will just head to the sixes market where the 9 or more line looks a bit low. These aren’t the biggest boundaries and the match sees the likes of both Marsh brothers, Gibbs, Katich, Sehwag, KP, Taylor and even someone like Irfan Pathan all involved. That’s a lot of batting power on show in this match and I’ll back those players to deliver at least 9 6’s for us in this opening match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perth-scorchers-vs-delhi-daredevils-betting-both-sides-have-plenty-of-players-who-can-clear-the-ropes-in-cape-town 5pts Titans to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 11/10 Skybet You feel if the Knight Riders are to win this match they will need something substantial from Jacques Kallis who will be playing on his home ground here. I’ve seen absolutely nothing from the IPL champions to suggest they will a) play well here and b) suit the conditions and with that in mind and the knowledge that the conditions are absolutely fine for the Titans I take them here with a degree of confidence. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-titans-betting-titans-can-ensure-the-ipl-champions-go-home-without-a-win

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Just this one for me this afternoon.

5pts Titans to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 11/10 Skybet You feel if the Knight Riders are to win this match they will need something substantial from Jacques Kallis who will be playing on his home ground here. I’ve seen absolutely nothing from the IPL champions to suggest they will a) play well here and b) suit the conditions and with that in mind and the knowledge that the conditions are absolutely fine for the Titans I take them here with a degree of confidence. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-titans-betting-titans-can-ensure-the-ipl-champions-go-home-without-a-win

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Monday early game preview: 1pt ew G.Ballance Top Yorkshire Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) We’ve seen in all the Chennai matches so far that they’ve kept things relatively tight at the top of the order but then get clattered late on in the innings. The likes of Bollinger and Hilfenhaus do get hit around at the death and Ballance is the cleanest hitter of the ball in this Yorkshire side. At 5/1 he’s worth an each way bet to top score here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-yorkshire-betting-gary-ballance-can-offer-the-most-resistance-for-yorkshire

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Monday late game preview: 4pts Sydney Sixers to beat Mumbai Indians 10/11 Bet365 I think the Sydney pace attack can get the job done here. Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood are all express pace and Indian batsmen just don’t like that. Dwayne Smith might enjoy the pace on the ball but you don’t stand and deliver against that trio. Sydney have enough depth in their batting to put up the kind of runs needed to win this match so I’ll take the Big Bash champions to make it four wins in a row here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sydney-sixers-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-sydney-can-complete-a-clean-sweep-of-the-group-in-durban

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Weather looks good in Durban today which was a concern so I'll take 3 in the second match. This one which for some reason has drifted to evens with Ladbrokes which is even better value....

Monday late game preview: 4pts Sydney Sixers to beat Mumbai Indians 10/11 Bet365 I think the Sydney pace attack can get the job done here. Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood are all express pace and Indian batsmen just don’t like that. Dwayne Smith might enjoy the pace on the ball but you don’t stand and deliver against that trio. Sydney have enough depth in their batting to put up the kind of runs needed to win this match so I’ll take the Big Bash champions to make it four wins in a row here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sydney-sixers-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-sydney-can-complete-a-clean-sweep-of-the-group-in-durban
and...... 4pts Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Stan James We've seen in the first match where Yorkshire, not the biggest hitting side in the world by any means, hit 8 6's in their innings that the boundaries on this ground are more than clearable. Any boundary is clearable for the likes of Kieron Pollard and Moises Henriques but the likes of Dwayne Smith, Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Michael Lumb, Brad Haddin and even someone like Steve Smith should all be able to clear these square boundaries. There will be a lot of pace on the ball in this match so top edges could easily fly for six in this match let alone balls which come out of the middle. The wicket still looks to be playing ok so I'll take there to be 10 6's in this match between two big hitting sides. 1pt M.Henriques Man of the Match 14/1 Bet365 Moises Henriques is a match winner for the Sydney Sixers and with Shane Watson no longer around he will look to step up to the plate and win a game for his side. There's every chance we will see him walk out and open the batting which would give him a clear shot at the man of the match if he can fill his boots but even then a cameo down the order will catch the eye. He may well bowl more overs in this match too and this wicket looks like a nice one for his sort of style, we saw Albie Morkel bowl well on here and Henriques is a similar bowler albeit a better bowler so there's enough in this that in Watson's absence the moustache man can be the one to shine for his side in a fourth straight win.

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Tuesday previews: 4pts Auckland Highest 1st 6 Overs vs Perth Scorchers Evs BetVictor Auckland go hard with the bat at the top of the innings and Guptill, Vincent and Mahmood can destroy any attack while the Scorchers are struggling at the top of their order at the minute despite having talented players there. Vincent and Guptill will like the pace on the ball at the start and at even money they can guide Auckland to the lead after six overs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perth-scorchers-vs-auckland-betting-auckland-s-powerful-top-3-can-lead-them-to-a-six-over-lead 4pts Delhi Most 6's vs Titans 10/11 BetVictor Delhi have six hitters right through their batting line up whereas as I’ve mentioned the Titans are reliant on their top four, two of whom in Rudolph and van Jaarsveld aren’t really known for big hitting. This Delhi attack isn’t the easiest to get away either so I’ll take them to hit the most 6’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-titans-betting-delhi-s-big-hitters-can-clear-the-ropes-the-most-in-centurion

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Hi guys is it just me or are Auckland a great price tomorrow at 5/4.I know Perth are dangerous with no pressure on but they have not performed at all well this tournament,i have been impressed with Auckland and they look a far more consistent team and still a chance of getting to the semis

Re: Champions League T20 2012 Semi final 1 preview: 4pts Lions to beat Delhi Daredevils 13/8 Blue Square While I accept that the Delhi Daredevils are the best of the Indian sides in this competition you would have to say that wasn’t difficult to achieve. We don’t really know how good the Daredevils actually are because they played the worst two sides in their group and had washouts against the better two sides according to the league table. I’m not one to bet on guess work so I’ll go with the Lions here. The Lions have an excellent pace attack and enough depth and quality in their batting line up to get the job done here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-lions-betting-lions-can-ensure-there-are-south-african-representatives-in-the-final

Re: Champions League T20 2012 HI agree with Kev that lions have a good chance,Delhi at top price 8/15 is not for me,however i will be having a maximum stakes bet on delhi to score the most 6's cant believe paddy power are offering 5/6.just look at the batting line ups dont get me wrong expect the lions to hit 6's to but there best batsmen rudolph and makenzie most often look to place the ball rather than hit it out of ground.Delhi have sehwag,pieterson,taylor warner just to name a few who can easily clear the ropes