** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Japanese Grand Prix

Japanese Grand Prix Qualifying As usual I’m not sure what the practice sessions actually told us apart from that it looks pretty close at the head of the field between the Red Bulls and the McLarens and I expect them to be fighting out who will be on pole in Q3 tomorrow. Hamilton is the hot favourite with the bookies at around 5/4 which isn’t great value is has to be said so the 8/1 about Button looks tempting to me as he will want to be high as possible knowing the grid penalty awaits. Mark Webber is a big price at 12/1 and it may pay to back them both each way to small stakes. Selections: To Finish On Pole 1pt EW Jenson Button 8/1 >William Hill 1pt EW Mark Webber 12/1 >Betfred Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/formula-one-betting-button-looks-the-value-to-land-pole-at-suzuka-for-mclaren

In agreement that Red Bull and Mclaren look good for a pole battle tomorrow based on today's pace, and given his pace today and that he has often outqualfied Vettel this year, Webbers price looks too big to me in relation to Vettels: 1pt, M.Webber to qualify fastest, 14.5, Betfair

Looking further ahead in the weekend to the race....... 1pt S.Perez to finish in the top 6, 3, William Hill 1pt K.Kobayashi to finish in the top 6,4, bwin Sauber had very impressive pace on the last circuit packed with fast corners (Spa) and were unlucky there to get caught up in the first corner crash. They have had a great reputation for tyre life this year as Perezs recent barnstorming drive to second at Monza showed. With hotter conditions prevailing and it being marginal between a two and a three stop, giving those who save their tyres well more options, Sauber can do markedly better than they did in Singapore.

Re: Japanese Grand Prix Japanese Grand Prix Sebastian Vettel is obviously going to take all the beating, probably a retirement is the only way he will lose but I’m not one for wading in at 8/15 so would advise going each way on Alonso at a juicy 16/1. He for one will be grinding it out all the way to the line trying to pick up any points he can to keep his lead in the title race, he also gets away quickly and maybe will be able to improve his position early on in the race. The other value bet would be Perez who we know can make his tyres last and that may be vital in the closing stages. Further down the grid I like the chances of Paul Di Resta for a points finish, he starts in 11th but should be able to get past Massa at some stage and if we get any retirements up ahead he would be value at 6/4. Selections: 1pt EW Fernado Alonso 16/1 Skybet (first 3) 1pt EW Sergio Perez 25/1 >William Hill (first 3) 2pts Paul Di Resta Points Finish 6/4 >Bet365 Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/formula-one-betting-alonso-worth-following-despite-red-bull-dominance-at-suzuka