** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct

kevshat

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct Tournament preview: 1pt ew J.Perry to win Gdynia Open 28/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) Stephen Maguire is an obvious candidate for a bet in the top quarter of the draw but at four times the price I think the value could well lie with Joe Perry. Perry has gone pretty well in the main this season. He made it to the semi finals of a PTC a few weeks ago and was playing excellent snooker in the Shanghai Masters recently before Mark Williams brought out his best to deny him in a deciding frame in their quarter final. Perry is now well rehearsed in playing in big matches on the TV stages so that won’t bother him and at 28/1 he looks to offer the best value in Poland this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/european-ptc2-betting-joe-perry-offers-good-value-in-the-outright-market-in-poland

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct 2 outrights for me in this tournament. This one......

Tournament preview: 1pt ew J.Perry to win Gdynia Open 28/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) Stephen Maguire is an obvious candidate for a bet in the top quarter of the draw but at four times the price I think the value could well lie with Joe Perry. Perry has gone pretty well in the main this season. He made it to the semi finals of a PTC a few weeks ago and was playing excellent snooker in the Shanghai Masters recently before Mark Williams brought out his best to deny him in a deciding frame in their quarter final. Perry is now well rehearsed in playing in big matches on the TV stages so that won’t bother him and at 28/1 he looks to offer the best value in Poland this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/european-ptc2-betting-joe-perry-offers-good-value-in-the-outright-market-in-poland
and this one.... 1pt ew K.Doherty to win Gdynia Open 40/1 BetVictor (1/2 1-2) Ken Doherty will head to Poland in decent touch and I think he could do some damage this weekend. There isn't really a standout player in his quarter. I guess you could say Graeme Dott is but he hasn't been in the best of form this season although to his credit he did make it to the quarter finals in Shanghai last month. Doherty has made it to the quarter finals and the last 16 of the last two PTC's over this side of the world so he has been winning matches and with a smooth looking path to the quarter finals 40/1 could be a touch big. Admittedly the draw will get tougher for him before he secures a payout but he has a win over shaun Murphy on his record this year so he can still beat the best so at 40/1 I'll take the likeable Irishman who has a decent record overseas, this weekend.

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 5 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hicks, A v Wenbo, L (09:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maflin, K v Wilson, K (10:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v Wasley, M (10:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burnett, J v Joyce, M (11:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Harold, D v White, J (12:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Doherty, K v McLeod, R (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v O'Brien, F (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.38 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Ford, T (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lee, S v Higginson, A (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 6 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ding, Junhui v Higgins, J (10:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct There are other matches on Friday but those are the only ones who've made it onto odds-comparison. Two early Friday TV match previews: 4pts L.Wenbo (-1.5 frames) to beat A.Hicks 11/10 Skybet I think Liang will win this. He is never the most consistent player but he has a bit of momentum in his favour and played just last week in the Asian PTC which could be crucial. Hicks won’t have played for a while and his confidence will be low anyway having not won a lot of matches. When Liang’s on song he can win frames in quick bursts so I like the man from China to cover a 1.5 frame handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hicks-vs-wenbo-betting-liang-can-continue-his-winning-momentum-in-opening-match-in-poland 4pts S.Maguire (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Wasley 6/5 Apollobet Stephen Maguire should come through this match and he should come through with more than a bit in hand if he brings his best game to the party. Wasley is a professional now so he should be taken seriously but Maguire should be in a different class and if he does play to his best then I fully expect him to win this and win it no worse than 4-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-wasley-betting-stephen-maguire-can-cruise-into-the-last-16-out-in-poland

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct Remaining three Friday TV match previews: 4pts J.White to beat D.Harold Evs Coral This match could go either way. Both are experienced players who won’t buckle under pressure and both are massively out of form but Jimmy enjoyed the spotlight in the Six Red World Championship which might give him a slight edge but only a slight one. Even so any edge is a positive and given that he’s even money it could be worth taking him in a match which looks like being tight. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harold-vs-white-betting-jimmy-white-can-edge-a-close-battle-with-fellow-veteran-dave-harold 4pts F.O'Brien (+1.5 frames) to beat M.Selby Evs Apollobet I think Selby might edge this but edge could be the key word as I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this match goes to a seventh frame. O’Brien’s safety and scoring is strong enough that this won’t be an easy task for Mark Selby who has dipped in form slightly himself. This should be a close match throughout and I’m confident O’Brien can take at least three frames if not a fourth. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-o-brien-betting-mark-selby-could-have-his-work-cut-out-to-progress-to-the-last-16-in-poland 4pts N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Jones 8/11 Apollobet Although Jamie Jones showed all his quality in Sheffield earlier in the year he hasn’t shown it since and I expect Robertson to win this match and to dispose of him fairly comfortably. Robertson has played well against both Mark Selby and Shaun Murphy in the Premier League and if he can take that form with him to Poland then this match, which looks a bit trappy on paper, can be a lot easier in reality. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-jones-betting-neil-robertson-can-come-through-with-a-bit-to-spare-against-jamie-jones

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct Previews going well today. Going to take 2 bets for tonight. This one which Skybet have priced up at 4/5....

4pts N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Jones 8/11 Apollobet Although Jamie Jones showed all his quality in Sheffield earlier in the year he hasn’t shown it since and I expect Robertson to win this match and to dispose of him fairly comfortably. Robertson has played well against both Mark Selby and Shaun Murphy in the Premier League and if he can take that form with him to Poland then this match, which looks a bit trappy on paper, can be a lot easier in reality. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-jones-betting-neil-robertson-can-come-through-with-a-bit-to-spare-against-jamie-jones
and.... 4pts T.Ford to beat G.Dott 5/4 Bet365 Tom Ford has a decent chance here I think. I've said before how this distance seems to be much better for him at the minute and with Graeme Dott not showing much in the way of form this season, Ford will probably not have a better chance to make it into the last 16. Ford has performed well in the PTC events down the years, as has Dott to be fair, but we know from the past when things aren't going well for Dott he can get into a real slump. I like Ford in this match up and at 5/4 he looks well worth a punt to progress to the last 16 from this match.

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct Two Saturday match previews: 5pts J.Higgins to beat D.Junhui 5/6 Bet365 I think Higgins looks back to his best and he had that steely determination back in Shanghai. He could easily have been happy just to be back in a major final again when he trailed 7-2 at half time but that’s not his style and he bounced back to win with a succession of solid breaks and good safety and it’s that good safety which I think can give him the edge here. Ding is still getting to grips with the safety side of the game as we saw against Bingham the other night so I think Higgins is a solid bet at 5/6. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-ding-betting-john-higgins-can-continue-his-recent-revival-with-win-over-ding-in-poland 4pts M.Gould to beat N.Robertson 6/4 Skybet I think Gould is good value in this match. He beat Robertson 4-0 in a PTC tournament in August and that doesn’t surprise me because Robertson’s form has been no better than patchy and indifferent all season. There was nothing in Robertson’s performance against Jamie Jones to suggest he’s found his very best form so I would expect Gould to be very competitive in this match. When Robertson sneaked through the first round of the Shanghai Masters recently he was walloped 5-0 in the next round and I fancy he could come a cropper here too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-gould-betting-martin-gould-s-good-spell-of-form-can-see-him-take-care-of-robertson

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct Three bets for Saturday. These two of which more bookmakers have priced up since I wrote that preview so I've taken 2/1 with Stan James for Gould....

Two Saturday match previews: 5pts J.Higgins to beat D.Junhui 5/6 Bet365 I think Higgins looks back to his best and he had that steely determination back in Shanghai. He could easily have been happy just to be back in a major final again when he trailed 7-2 at half time but that’s not his style and he bounced back to win with a succession of solid breaks and good safety and it’s that good safety which I think can give him the edge here. Ding is still getting to grips with the safety side of the game as we saw against Bingham the other night so I think Higgins is a solid bet at 5/6. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-ding-betting-john-higgins-can-continue-his-recent-revival-with-win-over-ding-in-poland 4pts M.Gould to beat N.Robertson 6/4 Skybet I think Gould is good value in this match. He beat Robertson 4-0 in a PTC tournament in August and that doesn’t surprise me because Robertson’s form has been no better than patchy and indifferent all season. There was nothing in Robertson’s performance against Jamie Jones to suggest he’s found his very best form so I would expect Gould to be very competitive in this match. When Robertson sneaked through the first round of the Shanghai Masters recently he was walloped 5-0 in the next round and I fancy he could come a cropper here too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-gould-betting-martin-gould-s-good-spell-of-form-can-see-him-take-care-of-robertson
and this one..... 4pts R.McLeod to beat J.Burnett 11/10 BetVictor It's hard to tell how well a player has played by watching a love scoreboard but Rory McLeod knocked in some decent breaks against Ken Doherty in the first round which will have given him some confidence in this tournament, not that he needed a confidence boost as in qualifying for the final stages of this event he walloped Judd Trump 4-0 which is as good a piece of form as you'll find. Since then it hasn't gone brilliantly for McLeod but the matches he's lost in PTC's have been in deciding frames so he's competitive at least. Jamie Burnett is a player who is always tough to get a hold on. He can go ages without playing well then make the final of a tournament like he did in Shanghai last season. His recent form is solid but there's nothing on it like McLeod's 4-0 win over Trump. Both men enjoyed comfortable 4-1 wins in the opening round here on Friday but McLeod's win over Doherty was particularly eye catching because the Irishman has been playing well this season so there's enough value in the Englishman at 11/10 to merit a financial support here.

Re: European Tour 2 - Gdynia Open 5-7 Oct Sunday TV quarter final preview: 4pts D.Junhui (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Holt 5/6 Stan James While it should be no surprise that Holt is in this quarter final I do think this will be the end of the road for him. Ding is clearly in a bit of nick having made the final of the Asian PTC a couple of weeks ago and you don’t come through against Higgins and Selby if you’re not playing well. I think Ding can win this and win it no worse than 4-2. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ding-vs-holt-betting-ding-junhui-can-move-into-another-ptc-semi-final-at-the-expense-of-michael-holt