** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle)

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Club Brugge v Marítimo (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newcastle United v Girondins de Bordeaux (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.32 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle) Well Brugge looks like a decent bet here.They do well at home winning 6 out of the last games scoring at least 3 per game except against Copenhagen when they lost by 2;3.Now they face Maritimo.As we know portuguese teams are not the best visitors which we saw again last round when Academica travelled to Pilzen.In Europe League Maritimo won against weak Dila Gori team and drew Asteras.I think it will be a high scoring game between Brugge and Maritimo.In their last matches Brugge scored and conceded 2 against Gent being visitors and Maritimo lost 0;2 aat home against Coimbra.Anyway Brugge seems value to me and 2.1 with bet365 is something i won't miss.GL

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle) Bruges - Maritimo I've seen a lot of Bruges matches lately and I'm quite confident they can knock themselves back into this competition. Last Europa league match in Bordeaux was a disaster. It was perhaps an offday, a very good day for Bordeaux and most likely due to an enormous injury list. A little bit earlier the CL-qualifier home game vs Copenhagen went wrong but don't let that mislead you, they should've won. Bruges starting 11 has been different in almost every match this season due to injuries but there is good news too. Some benchsitters (Buysse, Lestienne) have proven to be more than just substitutes and injured regulars such as Ryan Donk are getting fit again. Also Vadis Odjidja who missed a transfer to Everton by minutes has his focus & condition back in shape. We'll see a much stronger Club thursday than in Bordeaux. There has been a little incident at Jan Breydelstadion last week (players not greeting the fans) and some rumours in the papers about a bad atmosphere but I believe none of that & it only reminded the players even more about giving everything on the pitch. There is some healthy tension in the team that is not to be overlooked, they will be hungry for revenge in EL. It is worth noting that Club Bruges has an even more challenging fixture this weekend vs Genk. In the eyes of the trainer that's a more important match but this one is a crucial test and potential confidence-tanker. It is very possible Ryan Donk will come back from injury and that's a huge step up in quality for Bruges defence. It's by far Bruges main issue. They don't have a problem to score goals but they concede in nearly every match. Keep an eye on Bacca 21/10 & LESTIENNE 4/1 @bet365 in the goalscorer market!!!!!! I don't know much about Maritimo but they have gifted technical players and at moments play a very fast game. Maritimo is known for it's excellent home records, the fact that the climat on the island fatigues visiting teams has a bit to do with that. On the road their records are less impressive & recent results in primeira liga aren't encouraging either. I assume they will approach Bruges with a decent amount of respect and try to hold it tight at the back, breaking out with a severe counterattack now & then. Bruges likes to play a dominating game at home and it pays but they are very vulnerable at the back and it shows. So I believe Club Bruges home win or both teams to score is a good bet.

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle) 4pts Newcastle vs Bordeaux - Over 2.5 goals 5/4 Bet365 I think this will be a good game and it is a game I expect to have a few goals. Although Bordeaux set up with five at the back they are taking this seriously and showed against Bruges that they have goals in them while Newcastle also have goals in them and aren’t afraid to leave themselves a bit open at times in searching for them so I’m very much attracted to the over 2.5 goals at 5/4. Both sides have goalscorers in their ranks and I see this being a 2-1 or 3-1 sort of game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-bordeaux-betting-anglo-french-europa-league-clash-can-be-a-high-scoring-encounter

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle) Club Brugge news:Ryan Donk isn't fit.Manager Leekens first choice is comp. I think a both to score @1.85 is a good option. And Bakka to score is really possible.He knows to find the net easy and in form.:) Team set up Club BruggeBojan Jorgacevic, Carl Hoefkens, Michael Almebäck, Jordi Figueras, Bart Buysse, Jonathan Blondel, Vadis Odjidja Ofoe, Víctor Vázquez, Björn Vleminckx, Maxime Lestienne, Carlos Bacca

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle) Newcastle United - Bordeaux Newcastle plays well under Pardew forgot to lose a game in their home plus they havent lost any game against Frenchs since 1977.Their first game was not impressed me a lot against Maritimo they look like not care EL a lot. Well Bordeaux same as Newcastle havent beaten this season yet and they won last time against Lyon 0-2.They won 4-0 against Brugge on their first EL game but this one will be against Newcastle it will be tough. After that statistics i can not separate any side this game looks a pure draw. Draw C.S. 1-1

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle) Newcastle United- Bordeaux Newcastle have a strong home record under Pardew and price has difted due to weakened team that played in first round match which Newcastle created more than enough chances to win the game. Ameobi was very impressive against Maritimo and starts again tonight keen to make another impression before weekend. He starts up front with Cisse who still needs another goal or two to kickstart his season and will look to do so tonight. With the partnership of Cabaye and Tiote starting together for the first time in several weeks Newcastle resemble much closer to the team that did so well last season. The defence looks solid enough with Perch and Williamson already displaying solid performances at this level. Bordeaux are a decent side and will make a game off it but expect home advantage to pay off with a narrow win for Newcastle. Newcastle 2.40 (Bet365)

Re: Group D > 4 October (Bordeaux, Club Bruges, Maritimo, Newcastle)

Well Brugge looks like a decent bet here.They do well at home winning 6 out of the last games scoring at least 3 per game except against Copenhagen when they lost by 2;3.Now they face Maritimo.As we know portuguese teams are not the best visitors which we saw again last round when Academica travelled to Pilzen.In Europe League Maritimo won against weak Dila Gori team and drew Asteras.I think it will be a high scoring game between Brugge and Maritimo.In their last matches Brugge scored and conceded 2 against Gent being visitors and Maritimo lost 0;2 aat home against Coimbra.Anyway Brugge seems value to me and 2.1 with bet365 is something i won't miss.GL
Bet won...