** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13

Bamse81

Hey guys and gals. First hockey post for the season. Hopa we can get some great winning bets here. [TABLE=class: odds allOdds]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH][TABLE=class: SortLinks, width: 88] [TR] [TD=class: sortLinkLeft, align: left] [/TD] [TD=class: sortLinkRight, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6312.gif[/TH] [TH]v6287.gif[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Modo Hockey[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.91[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Draw[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]3.9[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Växjö Lakers[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]3.3[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I'm going for Modo hockey on tuesday. I suggest you get on it too. I was thinking that the odds might be something like 1,7 but was really excited when I saw 2.00 and even 2.05. Modo hockey - Växjö Lakers Reasoning, well.. Modo have Ritola back on the squad, Starkbaum in the goal is doing really well and Alexander Steen have 6 pts in the three games he's played. Modo are simply on fire and in my opinion the team with the very best form in Elitserien now since they came close to (and should've beaten) Frölunda, beat HV71 at home and Linköping away. That's a fantastic result. Växjö coming from three losses in a row, almost the exact opposite of Modo. Loss at LHC 3-8, at home against Luleå and Rögle 1-5 and 1-3, respectively. Modo are strong at home, have several players in good form like Sundström, Starkbaum, Ritola and Steen. I can't see how the hell Växjö are going to shake them in their own arena. MODO @ 2.00 Bet365 Note! I grew up in Modos home town and they are my team. Evenso I have followed this league closely for 25 years and have some knowledge about it. If we have some old Euro hockey punters out there, give a shout out in the thread, please!

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 2/10 And another note. Odds just came out so it might be a good idea to look for better odds during the night but I wouldn't look too long. I think the odds on Modo will fall. Here are the other odds. Couldn't find anything other than money line at the moment though. [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 2 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AIK v Rögle BK (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Färjestads BK v Linköpings HC (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.26[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]HV71 v Frölunda HC (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.49[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Luleå HF v Brynäs IF (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.59[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Modo Hockey v Växjö Lakers (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Timrå IK v Skellefteå AIK (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.58[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.59[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 2/10 Nice start Bamse:clap And if I may suggest: Rogle - Modo Modo to win @2.00 bet365

Since Vaxjo match Modo played 3 matches: 2 wins (against decent Lulea and poor AIK) and one draw away to Farjestads (rather good home team who slipped away in last round against Vaxjo). As Bamse said, Modo seems to be on the run and althought low scoring team they are not easy to score against (allowed only 10 goals in last 8 matches). On the other hand, Rogle lost 8 out of 11 matches this season and by the look of it wont score easily against Modo. I'd say a low scoring match which Modo wins by a small margin and considering forms, Modo at evens look great.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 2/10 Also, a small wager on Gomel -6 @ 2,07 at Pinny against Brest. Usually, I don't like those high margin bets but Gomel is mighty strong recently (goal difference 31:4 in last 4 matches). Brest is quite the opposite (GD 6:24 in last 4 matches). Their last H2H was 2 weeks ago and Gomel won away 0:8. My only fear is the motivation of Gomel, but they should win this easily. I repeat: small wager since the big margin.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 2/10 Thanks Bamse:loon Belarus hockey did go astray (of course, only 5-2 win for Gomel) but I'll survive as it was a really small wager for me. Today, I like Vitkovice against Sparta Prague -0,5 @2,15 Pinny. Vitkovice played 2 good matches in last few days. They lost to the leader Kometa Brno 2-1 away, after leading 0-1 and allowing the second goal in last minute. Last match they won against Pardubice 3-2 and they had a comfortable lead by 2 goals most of the match. Sparta Prague hit the rock bottom. They have lost last 8 matches and they are positioned at the bottom of the table. Their only win this season is against secind to last Liberec a month ago. Whatever happens, I like the odds on Vitkovice today.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 2/10 My other bet would be in Mestis: Hokki -0,5 @ 1,98 Pinny. Hokki is quite a decent team with 3 wins in last 4 matches. They have strong offence and their defense is the most effective in Mestis. HCK is second worst goal scoring team in the league. Their last win was 5 rounds ago and that was their only win this season. The odds at almost eves are great on Hokki.

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 I have a hunch... AIK-Luleå The home team have been one of the worst teams so far this season and are due a win soon. The last few games they've played against som good teams and there have been some close losses except for 0-4 at home against Modo. Modo as we know have the best form in Elitserien today. AIK are traditionally strong at home and I seriously think they have a good chance for an upset here against Luleå who haven't impressed me much this far. They are low scoring but also tight in the defense which is what saves them time and again. AIK also beat Luleå fairly easy in last years play-offs and I do think that stuff like that can get stuck in the head of the Luleå players. I will not go 10/10 on this bet but about 7/10 or so and I will also want the draw on my side so it's AIK +0.5 @1.95 Bet365. I'm sure better odds can be found but I haven't bothered looking.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 2/10

My other bet would be in Mestis: Hokki -0,5 @ 1,98 Pinny. Hokki is quite a decent team with 3 wins in last 4 matches. They have strong offence and their defense is the most effective in Mestis. HCK is second worst goal scoring team in the league. Their last win was 5 rounds ago and that was their only win this season. The odds at almost eves are great on Hokki.
So far so good. After 26 minutes Hokki leads 0-3:cigar

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 Alba Volan - Grazz 99ers Graz to win 2.30 @ Pinny This is a bet against statistics. You see, Alba won 5 out of last 5 H2Hs. As always, Graz has pretty decent team and now even stronger as they got Vanek from NHL. Overall, they do play good hockey and create a lot of chances but the execution is their ultimate problem. And their nervousness doesn't help, as they are the most penalized team in EBEL. So far this season, they have been the best team to bet on 'draw' as they played 4 draws in 11 matches. Vanek's signing brought them a lot of enthusiasm and the pressure is high on them to finally start winning comfortably. Alba is not doing so great these days, they still 'steal' some points from the favorites, but at home they can't get it together. Usually, at home they play very patiently, waiting for counter strikes. The problem is: they allow goals easily at home ice (allowed 20 in 4 matches) and don't score as they used to (only 11 goals at home). The result is: out of 4 games, they have lost 3 and won only against rock bottom Innsbruck. The team sacked their coach yesterday and this could be a positive boost for them. All in all, it looks to me that there is much pressure on Graz and their reinforcement Vanek to finally start winning. Poor home performing Alba Volan could be the team that will have problems defending against what I expect will be a blitzkrieg from 1st minute.

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 I'll try onet in Czech O2 ligue: Trinec dnb 2.03 @ Pinny OK, Slavia is the team with the best results in last 5 matches in Czech Republic. But, if you analyze their results, you'll see that they have won 6 matches and 4 of those wins were against one of bottom 5 teams. Their opponent today is best away team, Trinec. Trinec has won 4 out of 5 away matches this season and they have the best defense away (allowed only 10 goals in 5 matches). When you see that Slavia has worst offense at home (scored only 12 in 6 matches), evens at Trinec dnb look solid.

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13

I'm not sure about it' date=' but Djurgardens +0,5 @ 2,21 Pinny looks decent (Euro league). Neither teams plays well and this could be drawish. Of course, low scoring. If anyone has any idea, I'm ready to read it:unsure[/quote'] Naw, not really. I really don't have a clue about TPS but I do about Djurgården. They were relegated from Elitserien to Allsvenskan and haven't done very well there. They recently got NHL-player Gabriel Landeskog on the squad but they have still had hard time beating teams in Allsvenskan. If anyone follows and recommend low stakes, it's really hard to compare a decent team from Allsvenskan with a team from SM-Liiga.

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 Frölunda - HV71 (Swedish Elitserien) I got a feeling about this one. Frölunda starting to play better and better. They have a really nice squad with Joel Lundqvist, Matt Duchene and Åkerlund, all very good in the game on saturday against Modo (which I watched on location). Rumours are starting to spread that Henrik Lundqvist is going to play with them pretty soon but I also think that Martin HUdacek played a great game against Modo. HV71 had a fantastic start to the season but have had it hard in the last two rounds beating Rögle at home only just after OT and also losing 1-4 at home against Linköping. Form-wise I just think that Frölunda is a better choice at the moment and with the advantage of playing at home in front of Swedens biggest crowd I think they have a great chance of winning this one. Frölunda @ 2.35 Bet365

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13

Frölunda - HV71 (Swedish Elitserien) I got a feeling about this one. Frölunda starting to play better and better. They have a really nice squad with Joel Lundqvist, Matt Duchene and Åkerlund, all very good in the game on saturday against Modo (which I watched on location). Rumours are starting to spread that Henrik Lundqvist is going to play with them pretty soon but I also think that Martin HUdacek played a great game against Modo. HV71 had a fantastic start to the season but have had it hard in the last two rounds beating Rögle at home only just after OT and also losing 1-4 at home against Linköping. Form-wise I just think that Frölunda is a better choice at the moment and with the advantage of playing at home in front of Swedens biggest crowd I think they have a great chance of winning this one. Frölunda @ 2.35 Bet365
I agree with you Bamse on Frolunda. Especially after a great game against Modo. The only think that worries me is good results HV71 had at Frolunda so far. But will definitely try small one here

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 Hi Guys, First time in the ice hockey thread. What are your thoughts on Ufa V Cska game? (khl) Can you also tell me difference between betting on the money line market and home or away win. Reason i ask is that Cska are evens on money line to win, but 13/8 for away win! Seems to be a huge difference for same outcome Thank you in advance

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 Hi Chris, sorry I'm to late to give any thoughts on UFA - CSKA. Honestly (even though we know that CSKA won 1-4), I'd say "Don't touch" as those are both traditionally strong teams and I've seen a great share of surprises in their H2Hs. Now, moneyline is dnb or draw no bet. It means that you get your stakes back if the match is a draw. If you bet on straight win, in case of a draw you lose. As simple as that. On a different note, Djurgardens lead 0-2 in 2nd, I had small stakes but never mind:ok good for self esteem.

Re: Ice Hockey > European leagues > 2012/13 Yesterday was not a day to remember, but no big losses - that's important. Today, I'll start with a bet in the market I really liked betting in a few years ago: Odense to win by 1 goal 5.00 Bet365 Odense -1.5 @ 2.10 Bet365 (half the stakes) Odense is playing at crappy Copenhagen. Copenhagen is bottom of the league team with only OT victory against second to last Efb. They have young team with a bunch of under 20 players and lack of experience is the reason that they are (and will be) struggling. Odense is third placed and has high hopes for this season. That's why they need to win games like this. Only problem is, that they are really low scoring team, especially away (only 2 goals per match). Moreover, they have 4 wins this season and 3 of them were by 1 goal and only once they won by margin of 2. I can't see Odense losing this one, so I'll try my money on winning by 1. As a safety net, I'll put half of those stakes on bigger margin, so I'll break even if they score more goals.