Flat Racing Wednesday 26th of September

Aidymac

*Tagula Night - Goodwood 4:50* Interesting that connections now pull for the hood along with blinkers for this race tomorrow, i think they hope the horse will be lit up. Has won on all sorts of ground so ground is no issue, and has won over this trip, also won over C+D so has track form, which can be vital here. Last win was in September 2011, off a mark of 82, and runs off 80 tomorrow, so is off a nice mark. Shane Kelly is a very good rider too. *0.5 Points e/w @ 11/1 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Wednesday 26th of September 20.20 Kempton: Icebuster @ 14/1 Bet365 Two eye-catching performances in a row recently suggesting that Icebuster is back in form. He had only three starts this season anyway. He won last autumn in impressive style at Sandown over 10 furlongs a good class 4 Handicap by a 6 lengths and if I ignore his last performance of 2011 which came after the Sandown win and his seasonal reappearance in August this year I see a very interesting horse that might not yet be a finished article. Interesting particularly because he's back on the All-Weather - he showed that he has no problems with this surface at Wolverhampton last year - and he steps up in trip to 12 furlongs for the first time. His pedigree doesn't really points out to this distance so he surly has to prove his stamina but the way he races - usually staying on late - suggests that he may relish it further than 10f. In his last two races he really caught my eye when he ran on well in the closing stages after having been outpaced before. That doesn't really has to mean that he gets the trip but it is a hint. He also looks a horse to me that should really like the All-Weather actually. He's well worth a try at a big price tomorrow anyway in my mind.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.