** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13

McNasara

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13

Belgian Punter' date=' what do you think about away victory for Club Brugge against local rivals Cercle Brugge?! Isn't 1,72 too high for a flying Club Brugge team which just bought the best forward of Cercle - Gudjonsen?! Besides, I am not sure how much of a home advantage Cercle will have, as Club Brugge are definitely the more supported team in town.[/quote'] Hi Fedar, Well it's obvious that the odd is to high, Club Brugge is a lot better than Cercle but the state of the field will be an important factor. Before New Year the field was awfull and they laid a new field but I don't know how it will reacting against this freezing weather. So I will wait until the match day and try to find how the state of the field will be.

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 Kortrijk-Beerschot: Beerschot X2 @ 2.01 medium stake Very interesting game tonight, Kortrijk started the season very well but at the end of 2012 they had only 1 out of 15. Wednesday they also didn’t make a great impression on me, they won with 1-0 against STVV but it wasn’t convincingly. On the other hand Beerschot has up to now a terrible season, they fired Adrie Koster and they had a lot of financial problems. I expected another coach but Wim De Corte (T2 of Adrie Koster) gained confidence of the club. Beerschot did some very interesting transfers this transfer period:

• Marvin Ogunjimi (on the loan from Mallorca): who follows the Jupiler Pro League a bit will certainly know him. He had a great period in Genk and won the title. As a result of his excellent performance he went to Mallorca. This went not quite well, he didn’t play a lot in Mallorca. So he looked for a club where he could play more and went to Standard. The future looked a lot better, but he became ill. He lost a lot of weight and had to start all over again. Meanwhile his substitute, Ezekiel, did it very well whereby Ogunjimi didn’t play a lot at the end of 2012 when he was finally healthy. Standard told him he could leave Standard, so he looked for a new club and came out at Beerschot. I believe that here we will see the old Ogunjimi.
  • Benito Raman (on the loan from Gent), Kennedy (on the loan from Genk) and Van Acker (on the loan from Club Brugge). They managed to sign these 3 young players, who didn’t play enough with their team, until the end of the season. These 3 players are talented and surely will let Beerschot play better.
  • Other transfers are Maël Lepicier (Bergen), Joey Suk (Go Ahead), Emil Johansson (FC Groningen ), Maxime Chanot (WS Woluwe)

And personally I think the best news for Beerschot is that Hernan Losada is back from his injury, he’s the best player of the team, I’m pretty sure of that. The last time Beerschot won was on 10 November against Lierse, that was the last game Losada played in 2012. With a better team than in 2012, it will be tough for Kortrijk to win against Beerschot, so the odd for Beerschot X2 looks pretty well.

Any news when the two games will be replayed?! According to regulations' date=' I think it should be 24 hours after initial kick-off but i don't know if this is possible here.[/quote'] No, these 2 matches will be played in a couple of weeks I suppose. They have to be played before half March because then the play-off will start

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 25 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Standard de Liège v Kortrijk (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.56 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 26 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lokeren v Anderlecht (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beerschot AC v Mons (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] KV Mechelen v Racing Genk (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Red Star Waasland v Oud-Heverlee Leuven (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting de Charleroi v Cercle Brugge (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Zulte Waregem v Lierse (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 27 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Club Brugge v KAA Gent (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 Zulte-Waregem vs Lierse: Zulte to win @ 1.543 with Pinnacle The match of Saturday in Waregem will in my opinion an easy win for Zulte Waregem. Zulte has their best season in their history, they are 2nd in the league table, 8 points behind Anderlecht (this is very normal because they had 10 wins in a row,normally Anderlecht had to play against Zulte this weekend, and it could be a close game, but the match was postponed due the weather conditions) This team has a mix of experienced players like Berrier, Leye,De Fauw and D’Haene who are leading the team. The trumps of this team are the young players who are very talented like Malanda (who made an huge progression since he arrived at Zulte Waregem, Fulham is interested in Malanda and would give 6 (!) million for him). Lierse has a terrible season, president of the club, Maged Samy, attracted a few players of his other club, Wadi Degla in Egypt to avoid the relegation of Lierse. But I ‘don’t think that’s the right way to avoid relegation and I doubt the quality of this players. Lierse has to play in Zulte and that’s another advantage, from their last 6 away matches they only got 1 point against Leuven, who are in a poor form. So this has to be an easy win for Zulte, I expect that the odd will decrease a lot, so I take this bet right now.

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 Club Brugge v Gent is duel of two Spanish coaches (Garrido v Fernandez). Course, this second one has just arrived there, so that's the first advantage for Club. Also, home advantage is important since Club has four straight wins against Gent at Jan Breydelstadion. Brugge achieved some very good results during the preparation in Spain and this will be their first official match of the year. They brought some very good players, and league top scorer Bacca extended his contract. The only bad news is the suspension of regular defender Donk. On the other side, Gent has already played two games against strong opponents (Anderlecht and Standard), but they didn't scored in these games. Also, they will be without regular keeper Padt. 1.80 for home win looks like a value to me, what the local punters think?

Club Brugge v Gent is duel of two Spanish coaches (Garrido v Fernandez). Course, this second one has just arrived there, so that's the first advantage for Club. Also, home advantage is important since Club has four straight wins against Gent at Jan Breydelstadion. Brugge achieved some very good results during the preparation in Spain and this will be their first official match of the year. They brought some very good players, and league top scorer Bacca extended his contract. The only bad news is the suspension of regular defender Donk. On the other side, Gent has already played two games against strong opponents (Anderlecht and Standard), but they didn't scored in these games. Also, they will be without regular keeper Padt. 1.80 for home win looks like a value to me, what the local punters think?
Yes their is value on Club Brugge, and I took them but with low stakes. Club Brugge is better than Gent but Gent has played 0-0 against Standard, and that's very good. They didn't play very well, but defence and midfield were way better than before New Year

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 I think the field is of a great importance in Club-Gent. I'm waiting untill tomorrow so I can see the field and in what shape it is. Weather forecast is positive so a lot of snow and ice will melt I guess, but I want to see how bad is is. they got a new field in Brugge, so that's good for the football. Normally club should win this game as said above, but Gent, new coach, some good players.. I believe they can bring something aswell. Club Brugge will be missing a suspended Donk, and I believe he is an important player in the Club Brugge defense. They do have a lot of offenisve power at club brugge, but Gent with a stronger midfield and with Coulibaly returned have some good offensive options aswell. I think a +2.5 goals scored is a nice bet aswell here. It'll be my bet (unless the field is frozen)

Zulte-Waregem vs Lierse: Zulte to win @ 1.543 with Pinnacle The match of Saturday in Waregem will in my opinion an easy win for Zulte Waregem. Zulte has their best season in their history, they are 2nd in the league table, 8 points behind Anderlecht (this is very normal because they had 10 wins in a row,normally Anderlecht had to play against Zulte this weekend, and it could be a close game, but the match was postponed due the weather conditions) This team has a mix of experienced players like Berrier, Leye,De Fauw and D’Haene who are leading the team. The trumps of this team are the young players who are very talented like Malanda (who made an huge progression since he arrived at Zulte Waregem, Fulham is interested in Malanda and would give 6 (!) million for him). Lierse has a terrible season, president of the club, Maged Samy, attracted a few players of his other club, Wadi Degla in Egypt to avoid the relegation of Lierse. But I ‘don’t think that’s the right way to avoid relegation and I doubt the quality of this players. Lierse has to play in Zulte and that’s another advantage, from their last 6 away matches they only got 1 point against Leuven, who are in a poor form. So this has to be an easy win for Zulte, I expect that the odd will decrease a lot, so I take this bet right now.
:clap 2:0 FT easy win for Zulte, it could easily be 4 or 5-0

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 2 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] KAA Gent v Beerschot AC (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cercle Brugge v Zulte Waregem (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kortrijk v KV Mechelen (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lierse v Lokeren (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mons v Red Star Waasland (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Oud-Heverlee Leuven v Sporting de Charleroi (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 3 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Racing Genk v Club Brugge (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderlecht v Standard de Liège (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 My view on the rest of the season of Anderlecht and next year Anderlecht did some interesting transfers this transfer period, the have Demy De Zeeuw on the loan from CSKA Moskou, where he didn’t play enough, I think you will know that he is a former player of AZ and Ajax. I think the midfield of Anderlecht will be De Zeeuw, Biglia and Praet, Biglia didn’t want to stay any longer at Anderlecht so he looked for other clubs, but he didn’t get any transfer offer so he will stay a bit longer in Anderlecht, a good case for the team. This midfield is way too good for the Jupiler Pro League, so normally it wouldn’t be difficult for Anderlecht to win their 32th title. Another important transfer is Samuel Armenteros, he’s a winger who comes from Heracles, very talented player, who was followed by the Dutch top teams, but Anderlecht managed to sign him, John Van Den Brom will certainly played an important role in this transfers because those players know him from his coaching career in the Netherlands with Vitesse and ADO. After a few weeks he could replace Jovanovic in the squad, Jova hasn’t the form of earlier. Ronald Vargas is back again from another injury, hope he will stay healthy but I’m afraid he will not reach his top form again. Striker Dieumerci Mbokani is disabled from the Africa Cup with Congo, normally he will be back before the game against Standard, I don’t expect him to play because Van Den Brom will give confidence to Tom de Sutter, who scored 5 goals in the last 4 games, not bad at all, it is a luxury for the coach to have this 2 strikers, normally the coach will put De Sutter back on the bench, Dieu is just a better footballer and fits better in this team. Though Anderlecht has not enough luxury, Cyriac will be back within a few weeks, the big question is where he can play, he will certainly not replace Mbokani, maybe he will play as a winger, or Van Den Brom will change the formation of the team from a 4-4-3 into a 4-4-2. The club also looks to the future and loaned the 18 year old striker Frank Acheampong from Buriram United (Thailand) and Anthony Vanden Borre, who is a former player of Anderlecht. He was very talented and played together in the team with Vincent Kompany, and then he went to Fiorentina, but it didn’t went very well. Last year he played at Genk and they were quite happy about him. But he left Genk. Anderlecht give him this chance, and hopefully he will take this chance, he communicated already and said he’s happy to be back at his old club. He needs to work back on his condition, and if he’s getting better the club will certainly give him a contract for next year, and then he could maybe replace Gillet, who’s not really a right-back. Leander Dendoncker and Michael Heylen, 2 youngsters, signed a contract for Anderlecht, so the future for Anderlecht looks quite well.

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 Belgian Punter (or anyone else) do you have any views on over 2.5 in the Anderlecht-Standard Liege game? It is available at 1.77, although Bet365 go as low as 1.43 so there is quite some difference of opinion. Looking at the stats there appears to be value on overs at that price, but all I'm basing it on is the stats. Would be interested to hear an expert opinion.

To be fair it doesn't matter how you look at it if u can get overs in that game at above $1.65 your shopping very well. They are certainly the 2 form teams in the league and the only concern would be standard are usually much more conservative away from home but this is Anderlecht and they are 10 wins on the bounce and basically score as they like at home. I do think standard will score in this game and I think it will end up 3-1 or 4-2 somewhere around there.

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 Pg_yid, Bet365 offers O2.5 at 1.70 at the moment. Was 1.43 the initial offering?! For me it was obviously wrong (and I am surprised that they make such a big mistake). Both teams have very good defenses at the moment, actually the two best defenses in Jupiler League. Anderlecht haven't conceded yet in 2013 and they played two very offensive and scoring teams like Lokeren and Genk. Standard have shown great improvement in defense since November.

Re: Belgium > Jupiler League > 2012/13 Would not be surprised if this game ends in a low scoring draw... Standards defense is strong, if u exclude the 3-1 defeat in Bruges against Club, they only conceded one (1) goal in their last 9 games. Anderlecht scores well, of course - but this is a prestige game for the visitors and they did not have to play a midweek game. Field will be very heavy - much rain lately - and that is in the advantage of the visitors, who don't have to win this one. Concerning teamnews, Anderlecht will be without their topscorer Mbokani, whereas Standard will introduce some of his new players, including Rumanian Adrian Cristea.

Pg_yid, Bet365 offers O2.5 at 1.70 at the moment. Was 1.43 the initial offering?! For me it was obviously wrong (and I am surprised that they make such a big mistake). Both teams have very good defenses at the moment, actually the two best defenses in Jupiler League. Anderlecht haven't conceded yet in 2013 and they played two very offensive and scoring teams like Lokeren and Genk. Standard have shown great improvement in defense since November.
Yes, their initial offering 1.43 for overs and 2.75 for unders. If you look here http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/belgium/jupiler-league-2012-2013/anderlecht-st-liege-1342490/#over-under;2 there are still a couple of firms only offering 1.45 for overs. I think you're right and it was a mistake (though not palpable error), I'm surprised as well as this sort of mistake is usually not something you see at Bet365. No doubt they will have noted the accounts of those who took the 2.75.

...I'm surprised as well as this sort of thestake is usually not something you see at Bet365. No doubt they will have noted the accounts of those who took the 2.75.
Well, this is maybe because I always prefer the late bets, because despite missing on such pricing mistakes, in most of the cases I insist on knowing the latest news and preferably the starting line-ups of the teams that I know, because it just happened many times that managers made perplexing decisions about the starting eleven and it would make me feel insecure about the bet from the start.

Belgian Punter (or anyone else) do you have any views on over 2.5 in the Anderlecht-Standard Liege game? It is available at 1.77' date=' although Bet365 go as low as 1.43 so there is quite some difference of opinion. Looking at the stats there appears to be value on overs at that price, but all I'm basing it on is the stats. Would be interested to hear an expert opinion.[/quote'] Well, like Fedar says, both teams have a verry good defence, Standard has concidered only 2 goals in their last 6 away matches, Anderlecht has only concidered 20 goals in the whole season. So there is not enough value on this odd, imo. Anderlecht will play with De Sutter and Mbokani may be starting on the bench, may be the value is on Anderlecht to win @ 1.67 because they have won the last 11 games in the competition