** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dynamo Kyiv v Dinamo Zagreb (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Porto v Paris Saint-Germain (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG)

Yuri Semin (coach of Dynamo Kyiv) was fired today after second convincing defeat in the last five days (1:4' date=' against PSG and Shakhtar). I still think they are the big favorites against Zagreb.[/quote'] They might be favorites but I wouldn't say they are big ones. So, based on that Zagrem might be a value @ 8.00

They might be favorites but I wouldn't say they are big ones. So' date=' based on that Zagrem might be a value @ 8.00[/quote'] New coach is the current coach of Ukraine, experienced Oleg Blokhin. He was one of the greatest Dynamo Kyiv strikers ever and he is the best solution for the club at the moment. On the other side, Zagreb is a much worse team (though perhaps the best in the Balkans). They were lost 0:3 against Rijeka in last round and have the biggest Croatian derby against Hajduk on Saturday. Their situation is far from good (as evidenced with record-low CL attendance against Porto). Besides, Domagoj Vida (key defender) is punished (100 thousand euros) for bad behavior yesterday. Ukrainians have a much better individuals, great support from the stands and high motivation with a new coach. All except a convincing home win would be a big surprise for me. Dynamo Kyiv (-1) EH looks pretty good to me at Stan James @2.20.

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Dinamo Kiev @ 1.47 (Pinnacle) 6/10 I agree with what has been said already regarding this game. The Ukrainian side have recently got a new manager, the experienced Blokhin, who won the first game in charge. I would strongly imagine a honeymoon period and a comfortable victory against an inferior Zagreb side. I watched them play in their first game against Porto and they were poor. The goalie in particular looked very dodgy and nervous the whole game; not cut out for this level. I'm not sure what's going on off the pitch with Dinamo Zagreb at the moment but remember reading about some issues here on PL before. It was clear even to me that something was up though- I was expecting a great atmosphere in that Porto game and it was very quiet due to not many fans being there. Traditionally (in Europe) they are much weaker away than at home, whilst Dinamo Kiev are a decent side who have accomplished some good results in Europe over recent years. I was of the opinion last year that Dinamo Zagreb were out of their depth and this opinion was reinforced by their performance against Porto. I really think the odds for this should be 1.2-1.3. I am not an expert on either team but nevertheless quite confident about this one.

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) i think zagreb can get a draw here. kiev doesn't look strong to me like before. they are obvious changes in the team and both of these are eastern european sides that are near evenly matches so i predict a draw

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Kyiv has lots of difficulties scoring goals. However, Zagreb are very poor defensively. They so rarely manage to get clean sheets in Croatia and often concede more than 1 goal, although they are the strongest team in the league by far. Dynamo absolutely has to win this game if they want to be contenders for passing through. They have the necessary push - a new "old" coach - living legend Blokhin. The stadium will be packed and the support will be good. There won't be any underestimation, because Kyiv's performance so far has been below standards and they have no reason to underestimate. Dynamo Kyiv all the way!

Kyiv has lots of difficulties scoring goals. However, Zagreb are very poor defensively. They so rarely manage to get clean sheets in Croatia and often concede more than 1 goal, although they are the strongest team in the league by far.
So far this season they've kept six clean sheets and only conceded more than two twice. I'd say that's pretty average but not awful.

Last season Zagreb kept twenty four clean sheets, and only conceded two goals or more once, not including CL games obviously. They were terrible in the CL last year, but to say they're poor defensively just isn't true IMO. It's just a fact they're the top team in Croatia, so I would assume most teams play defensively against them.

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) i don't like the fact that ancelotti make psg play 4 1 2 3 formation which is very open and leaves them vulnerable in defense whilst playing quite high up the field. its effective against much weaker opposition but porto will know how to exploit this formation on the wings and hence will probably score too. its could be another open match so i'm predicting 2-2 final score

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) I'm on the Kiev bandwagon too, I will add a little bit to the plenty of reasoning above. Kiev lost a few games recently but looking at them in isolation it doesn't appear like much of a crisis. They were all away games for starters, losing away to Shakhtar is hardly a disgrace, as you see tonight when they got a draw with what were a highly fancied Juve, lost 4-1 to PSG but they should be competing for the knock-out stages as any club with their budget would be. Kiev's home record is generally very good and while you wouldn't expect them to go too far in the CL they should have too much for a Zagreb side that looks out of its depth again, Kiev aren't scoring masses of goals but have quality in midfield and attack Veloso, Krancjar, Ideye and Yarmolenko are all quality players and they are certain to have chances against Zagreb. Bit of controversy surrounding the appointment of Blokhin as it seemed to take the Ukranian FA by surprise but general feeling is that its a good move by the club, its one of the best games he could have hoped for to get back on track after the hammering they got in the first game. Zagreb conceded an average of 4 goals in their 3 away games in the CL group stages last year and when you have stories come out about players being fined 100,000 Euro's for opening beer cans on the team bus it never looks like all is well, that was the fourth or fifth case of player indiscipline in a month. While it looks unlikely that Kiev will win by more than a couple given their current form the odds are enough to tempt me, took these a few days ago. Dinamo Kiev - 1.5 - bluesquare - 5 Points Dinamo Kiev -1.0AH - 1.78 - betvictor - 5 Points Real sad to see Fedar is banned :(, provided lots of great info on the CL and Europa League threads..

New coach is the current coach of Ukraine' date=' experienced Oleg Blokhin. He was one of the greatest Dynamo Kyiv strikers ever and he is the best solution for the club at the moment. On the other side, Zagreb is a much worse team (though perhaps the best in the Balkans). They were lost 0:3 against Rijeka in last round and have [b']the biggest Croatian derby against Hajduk on Saturday. Their situation is far from good (as evidenced with record-low CL attendance against Porto). Besides, Domagoj Vida (key defender) is punished (100 thousand euros) for bad behavior yesterday. Ukrainians have a much better individuals, great support from the stands and high motivation with a new coach. All except a convincing home win would be a big surprise for me. Dynamo Kyiv (-1) EH looks pretty good to me at Stan James @2.20.
Zagreb won 3:1 derby against Hajduk, so they go in a good mood and with defensive tactics tonight. However it is worth noting that they have seven wins in domestic league where they had as many as eight awarded penalties. :lol However, this is an international game and I stand by my earlier thoughts.

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Backing PSG defenitely has some value in it. They started off the season slow, but they are becoming more and more like an oiled machine. Seeying there recent results in the French Ligue 1, their form is getting better and better. I must admit that I'm hardly able to see them play here in The Netherlands, but their records speak for themselve. In the CL they also performed as you might expect from a team with that many stars, a 4-1 victory at Kiev is pretty solid in my opinion. Porto on the other hand are not as strong as a few years back I think and on top of that they lost Hulk. A draw would do for both teams, considering the fact the the other two teams are most likely too weak to qualify. But this is a home game for Porto, so they have to offer the home crowd something.

What do you guys think of the Porto vs PSG game?
I expect a very interesting match between two very good teams which operate on opposite strategies (work v money). I don't dare to predict this game, but both of them will have major derbies in the domestic league on Sunday (Porto v Sporting and Marseille v PSG).

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Dynamo Kyiv - Dinamo Zagreb | Dinamo Zagreb DNB 5.4@unibet (2/10) This is crazy again... CL is a league where every team wants to win in order to qualifie to next round, neither teams will rest player if don't need so, and to see theese odds in two very equal teams i'm shocked. These two eastern european teams have the same style and same strategy, Zagreb will play from the defence, that's because they playing away, but odds is ridicilous high. I'm going with away DNB here. GL!

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) FC Porto - Paris St Germain. The Clash for the top spot of the group. what do you guys think about Paris over 1,5 Team Goals available @ 2,75 Bet365. Paris scored two goals or more in the last 5 games. Also they have capable players like Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi which can score always at least one. The only thing i am concered about is that Porto can't be underestimated especially not at home. Another Bet could be Zlatan to score (he takes the penaltys for psg) @ 1,95 or Jackson Martinez to score @ 2,65 I can see this game ending 2:2

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Paris St Germain have found some good form recently and have started turning all those draws at the start of the season into wins. With Silva now playing and Ibrahimovic they look a top side. Porto are always a strong team and especially at home so for that reason i think both teams will possibly play a little tentative and abit cautious so i'm going for a low scoring affair U - 2.5. and PSG to win it at 11/5 with ladbrokes

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) I get the feeling this is going to be PSG's biggest test thus far under Carlo Ancelotti. I see many have noticed their results have improved and in fairness to them, their performances have also improved with it. Thiago Silva is a world-class defender and he instantly breeds confidence around the backline, Marco Verratti is having a fine season in midfield and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, unsurprisingly, carries the attack well and has brought on Javier Pastore, who last season faded away when marked out of matches. There is a caveat though. PSG have only beaten Lille, Toulouse, Bastia and Sochaux in their run of four wins. None of those teams, I suspect, could hold a candle to Porto. Anyone who saw bits and pieces of Lille last night would back that up. Toulouse are impotent against good teams; Bastia and Sochaux are woefully inadequate in defence when up against Ibrahimovic and co. PSG are going to be tested to their limits tonight. The team has gelled a lot more since the start of the season. They battered an albeit miserable Dynamo Kiev in matchday 1 and I was impressed how they handled the CL stage. The team is confident, they'll play a 4-3-1-2 formation tonight with Jeremy Menez partnering Ibrahimovic and the defence looks strong with Mamadou Sakho partnering Silva. Even still, they are unproven at this level on the road, and that makes them tough to bet on. It's not a match I've priced, but without knowing too much about Porto, the odds look fair. On paper, PSG have more "star appeal" and contain game-winners. Ibrahimovic is colossus. I never really appreciated how good he is until this season, when I've watched him regularly. He could provide that moment of magic. They are 3.00ish for a reason though, because we have to be wary of how they are against the top teams away from home. We have no idea at the moment. A bit like Manchester City last season, there could be an air of naiviety and inexperience about them when they travel. Au contraire, they could blow FCP out the water. All things to consider for this match. Should be eye-opening, and informative. Probably not a game I'd wager on, unless someone can tell me that Porto are rubbish. Which I don't think they are.

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Atko salut Moi aussi... me too i think its gone be a NO BET in Porto/PSG im PSG fan's ,but i dont know how this formation gone play on road . I think they maybe gone play for a Draw result ,we have the BIG match Sunday against Marseille, and the priority is Le Championnat , For the first year i dont think Nasser is waiting for big result ,an 1/8 final in CL maybe but not too much

Re: Group A > Oct 3 (D.Kiev, D. Zagreb, Porto, PSG) Porto - PSG Same scenario here as Malaga-Anderlecht.Both teams havent beaten this season. PSG fire at the moment with some threats up-front with Ibrahimovic,Menez,Pastore but we can not underestimate Porto has quality players and dangerous team especially when they are playing home it will be tough to beat them. In spite of everything i believe PSG will take at least a point or might be 3 points.It will be good test for see what they can do on CL.It is worth to try Psg win with that odds on little amount bets DRAW PSG WIN

I get the feeling this is going to be PSG's biggest test thus far under Carlo Ancelotti. I see many have noticed their results have improved and in fairness to them, their performances have also improved with it. Thiago Silva is a world-class defender and he instantly breeds confidence around the backline, Marco Verratti is having a fine season in midfield and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, unsurprisingly, carries the attack well and has brought on Javier Pastore, who last season faded away when marked out of matches. There is a caveat though. PSG have only beaten Lille, Toulouse, Bastia and Sochaux in their run of four wins. None of those teams, I suspect, could hold a candle to Porto. Anyone who saw bits and pieces of Lille last night would back that up. Toulouse are impotent against good teams; Bastia and Sochaux are woefully inadequate in defence when up against Ibrahimovic and co. PSG are going to be tested to their limits tonight. The team has gelled a lot more since the start of the season. They battered an albeit miserable Dynamo Kiev in matchday 1 and I was impressed how they handled the CL stage. The team is confident, they'll play a 4-3-1-2 formation tonight with Jeremy Menez partnering Ibrahimovic and the defence looks strong with Mamadou Sakho partnering Silva. Even still, they are unproven at this level on the road, and that makes them tough to bet on. It's not a match I've priced, but without knowing too much about Porto, the odds look fair. On paper, PSG have more "star appeal" and contain game-winners. Ibrahimovic is colossus. I never really appreciated how good he is until this season, when I've watched him regularly. He could provide that moment of magic. They are 3.00ish for a reason though, because we have to be wary of how they are against the top teams away from home. We have no idea at the moment. A bit like Manchester City last season, there could be an air of naiviety and inexperience about them when they travel. Au contraire, they could blow FCP out the water. All things to consider for this match. Should be eye-opening, and informative. Probably not a game I'd wager on, unless someone can tell me that Porto are rubbish. Which I don't think they are.
thanks again here i do feel psg price has much hope attached to it as opposed from proven form at this level.for me porto far from rubbish gonna go against the grain porto -.25 2.03 sbo:clap

New coach is the current coach of Ukraine, experienced Oleg Blokhin. He was one of the greatest Dynamo Kyiv strikers ever and he is the best solution for the club at the moment. On the other side, Zagreb is a much worse team (though perhaps the best in the Balkans). They were lost 0:3 against Rijeka in last round and have the biggest Croatian derby against Hajduk on Saturday. Their situation is far from good (as evidenced with record-low CL attendance against Porto). Besides, Domagoj Vida (key defender) is punished (100 thousand euros) for bad behavior yesterday. Ukrainians have a much better individuals, great support from the stands and high motivation with a new coach. All except a convincing home win would be a big surprise for me. Dynamo Kyiv (-1) EH looks pretty good to me at Stan James @2.20.
2:0 :cigar:cigar

Porto - PSG Same scenario here as Malaga-Anderlecht.Both teams havent beaten this season. PSG fire at the moment with some threats up-front with Ibrahimovic,Menez,Pastore but we can not underestimate Porto has quality players and dangerous team especially when they are playing home it will be tough to beat them. In spite of everything i believe PSG will take at least a point or might be 3 points.It will be good test for see what they can do on CL.It is worth to try Psg win with that odds on little amount bets DRAW PSG WIN
LOST Next time will be more careful bet on their CL games.They are failed.