** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ICC World T20 2012

kevshat

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Been a good Super Eights section for me so far. Can't find a lot that I like in the opening match so I'll just take this one and then will assess the second match when I've seen how the wicket is playing.

Monday early game preview: 4pts West Indies vs New Zealand - Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill This should be a high scoring match. Both sides have powerful batting line ups and both sides have bowling attacks which can be carted around the park so even though the wicket may not dictate clean hitting I think we will see plenty of runs and plenty of boundaries. With the wicket on Saturday being a little slower the boundary line has come down and looks low enough to attack as there is still some pace in the wicket. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-betting-expect-the-boundaries-to-flow-in-do-or-die-match

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ICC World T20 2012

Shane Watson more runs H2H vs Gautam Gambhir- $1.90 TAB Sportsbet Taking this bet based on what I have seen from these two players in the past month. Watson has looked in great touch in his last couple of T20 matches, getting off to great starts and picking up 30s, 40s and a 50. Gambhir despite his recent 45 against England has been in poor form in T20's with a couple of 10's and single digit figure scores. Always want to take the man in form, but only playing small stakes as anything can happen in T20 (rain, crazy run out etc). 3/10
Cash that one, Watson easily beat Gambhir. Watson is in fine form, as are the Aussies in general.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Mahela Jayawardene more runs H2H vs Tillakaratne Dilshan- $1.90- TAB Sportsbet Like Shane Watson, Jayawardene has been is great form throughout this tournament. In his last three T20's at the Pallekelle stadium, he has scored 65, 44 and 96 with two not outs. Obviously he enjoys the conditions and I expect him to once again star for Sri Lanka. Dilshan had a great innings against NZ, where he scored 76 and we know he can explode when he gets it right. However, I like Mahela's composure and ability to score runs without being too risky and I think he can get more than Dilshan. 3/10

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Late game preview: 5pts England Most 6's 6/5 Paddy Power England come into this match having hit the most sixes in the tournament so far along with Australia and I expect them to hit some sixes in this match too. Although Sri Lanka have Mendis and his mystery spin there are some bowlers who you can get away as New Zealand showed earlier in the tournament. This England side hit big all the way down and these boundaries are more than accessible for them. Sri Lanka don’t hit a lot of sixes as a general rule and even though they were going at nearly 9 an over against the West Indies on Saturday they only hit one six so I expect England to hit the most 6’s in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-betting-england-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-a-match-they-have-to-win

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Two for me in the later game. This one.....

Late game preview: 5pts England Most 6's 6/5 Paddy Power England come into this match having hit the most sixes in the tournament so far along with Australia and I expect them to hit some sixes in this match too. Although Sri Lanka have Mendis and his mystery spin there are some bowlers who you can get away as New Zealand showed earlier in the tournament. This England side hit big all the way down and these boundaries are more than accessible for them. Sri Lanka don’t hit a lot of sixes as a general rule and even though they were going at nearly 9 an over against the West Indies on Saturday they only hit one six so I expect England to hit the most 6’s in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-betting-england-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-a-match-they-have-to-win
and this one..... 1pt J.Mendis Top Sri Lanka Bowler 6/1 Ladbrokes If following make sure you take the right Mendis. This might be a big price on Jeevan Mendis. We've seen in this tournament that England haven't been the best at playing spin and England are probably going to have to go big off him as they need to win this. There's an outside chance that if New Zealand have won the early match, which it must be said is looking likely, that Sri Lanka will rest some players as they would already be through and with Ajantha Mendis having this back issue he could well be one who is rested. Even if he plays I suspect England might just play him as normally as they can and look to attack off the other bowlers. England have seen enough of Lasith Malinga now to keep him at bay and I don't think he's bowled well in this tournament really so it could be that Jeevan Mendis benefits and takes the most wickets in this innings at an attractive 6/1 for a man who has taken three wickets in an innings already in this tournament.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Tuesday early game preview: 5pts Australia to beat Pakistan 8/11 Paddy Power I can’t see beyond Australia here. I know Pakistan beat them twice in the UAE recently but the two sides are playing differently now and Shane Watson showed he can slog the Pakistan spinners. The Pakistan spinners are their trump card so if they get carted it is hard to see how they can win this match with their batting line up struggling in the last couple of matches. Australia’s bowling attack may not be suited to this wicket but it keeps performing and it can perform well enough to ensure Australia win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-pakistan-betting-australia-can-take-advantage-of-inconsistent-pakistan-batting-line-up-to-seal-semi-place

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Tuesday late game preview: 4pts India to beat South Africa 10/11 Skybet I think India will win this. I think their batting can hold up even against the short ball which I’m sure they will get and their spinners can get stuck into the South African batting which has been a real weakness of theirs so far. South Africa don’t seem to know their best batting order and you can’t find that during matches. India’s strong batting and South Africa’s weakness to India’s bowling strength makes the first ever T20 world champions look a good bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-south-africa-betting-india-can-give-themselves-a-chance-of-a-semi-final-place-with-win-over-south-africa

Re: ICC World T20 2012 3 for me to begin with in the opening match. Will look at conditions before finalising bets in the second game. Taking this one.....

Tuesday early game preview: 5pts Australia to beat Pakistan 8/11 Paddy Power I can’t see beyond Australia here. I know Pakistan beat them twice in the UAE recently but the two sides are playing differently now and Shane Watson showed he can slog the Pakistan spinners. The Pakistan spinners are their trump card so if they get carted it is hard to see how they can win this match with their batting line up struggling in the last couple of matches. Australia’s bowling attack may not be suited to this wicket but it keeps performing and it can perform well enough to ensure Australia win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-pakistan-betting-australia-can-take-advantage-of-inconsistent-pakistan-batting-line-up-to-seal-semi-place
and these..... 4pts S.Watson Over 1.5 Sixes 11/10 Ladbrokes 2pts S.Watson Man of the Match 5/1 Skybet Shane Watson is in exceptional form right now and he's hit at least two sixes in his last six T20 international innings. Two of those innings were against Pakistan in the UAE on a much bigger ground that this. Watson has been slog sweeping the spinners all tournament and I expect Pakistan to open with a spinner in this match so I wouldn't be surprised if Watson brings these sixes in quickly. Of course he'll fail with the bat soon but possibly not in this match considering he smoked Pakistan for fun in the UAE. He's the logical choice for man of the match even at 5/1 and could still take that even if he scores nothing with the bat because he bowls at all the important times. You have to feel he'll score a few runs though and quite probably in multiples of six so runs and wickets combined can lead to Watson having another excellent day.

Mahela Jayawardene more runs H2H vs Tillakaratne Dilshan- $1.90- TAB Sportsbet Like Shane Watson, Jayawardene has been is great form throughout this tournament. In his last three T20's at the Pallekelle stadium, he has scored 65, 44 and 96 with two not outs. Obviously he enjoys the conditions and I expect him to once again star for Sri Lanka. Dilshan had a great innings against NZ, where he scored 76 and we know he can explode when he gets it right. However, I like Mahela's composure and ability to score runs without being too risky and I think he can get more than Dilshan. 3/10
Cash it, Mahela continues his fine form.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Shane Watson more runs H2H vs David Warner- $1.80- TAB Sportsbet Going with Watson again. What more can you say about the man, he has exploded with both the bat and ball throughout the entire tournament. Warner as always can get it going, but like my previous pick I think he is similiar to Dilshan as he takes more risky shots to get his runs. Watson is the man of the moment and I feel he is going to keep this good run going. (3/10)

Shane Watson more runs H2H vs David Warner- $1.80- TAB Sportsbet Going with Watson again. What more can you say about the man, he has exploded with both the bat and ball throughout the entire tournament. Warner as always can get it going, but like my previous pick I think he is similiar to Dilshan as he takes more risky shots to get his runs. Watson is the man of the moment and I feel he is going to keep this good run going. (3/10)
Push. Both got 8 runs.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Those were about as bad as I couldn't been in the first match :$. 3 in the second one. This one which has shortened to 5/6 with Blue Square while I've been faffing about but having the earlier game I've had 5pts on at 5/6 rather than 4.

Tuesday late game preview: 4pts India to beat South Africa 10/11 Skybet I think India will win this. I think their batting can hold up even against the short ball which I’m sure they will get and their spinners can get stuck into the South African batting which has been a real weakness of theirs so far. South Africa don’t seem to know their best batting order and you can’t find that during matches. India’s strong batting and South Africa’s weakness to India’s bowling strength makes the first ever T20 world champions look a good bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-south-africa-betting-india-can-give-themselves-a-chance-of-a-semi-final-place-with-win-over-south-africa
and these two..... 5pts Under 8.5 6's Evs Paddy Power As I mentioned on Sunday India don't hit a lot of sixes and South Africa have hit even less in this tournament. They have only hit 9 in four matches and it looks like their biggest hitter - Richard Levi, is finally getting left out here. This wicket doesn't look like it is conducive to big hitting. Australia struggled to get the ball away and Pakistan have some big hitters who couldn't get it anywhere either so with two decent bowling attacks on show here on a wicket which is slow and turning I don't expect to see nine sixes in this one. 0.5pts ew R.Peterson Top South Africa Batsman 33/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Robin Peterson top scored for South Africa in their last match and India's death bowling is pretty atrocious so he would have every chance of coming in and playing a cameo here too. I don't expect the South African top order to get away on this wicket so a bit of slogging down the order might just be the way to go on this wicket as we saw from the likes of Abdul Razzaq in the first match. With the place terms on offer here and a top score under his belt I think it's worth having a dabble on Peterson to see what he can do in this match.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Semi final 1 preview: 4pts Pakistan to beat Sri Lanka 11/10 Bet365 I think one of the biggest things about this semi final is the fact that Pakistan have spent the last week playing on these wickets in Colombo. I don’t think it will be a case of just going onto the field and being used to them so that gives Pakistan a major advantage for me. Their batting is hit and miss, we know that but if they do put up a score Sri Lanka aren’t definitely going to chase it down against this Pakistan attack. We saw England cart this Sri Lankan attack to all parts in a losing cause and New Zealand did too so I have to believe Pakistan will and that gives me the confidence to back them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-betting-pakistan-can-make-it-to-their-third-world-t20-final-with-win-over-sri-lanka

Re: ICC World T20 2012 3 for me in the opening semi final. This one.....

Semi final 1 preview: 4pts Pakistan to beat Sri Lanka 11/10 Bet365 I think one of the biggest things about this semi final is the fact that Pakistan have spent the last week playing on these wickets in Colombo. I don’t think it will be a case of just going onto the field and being used to them so that gives Pakistan a major advantage for me. Their batting is hit and miss, we know that but if they do put up a score Sri Lanka aren’t definitely going to chase it down against this Pakistan attack. We saw England cart this Sri Lankan attack to all parts in a losing cause and New Zealand did too so I have to believe Pakistan will and that gives me the confidence to back them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-betting-pakistan-can-make-it-to-their-third-world-t20-final-with-win-over-sri-lanka
and..... 5pts Under 8.5 6's 5/6 Blue Square We've not seen this line covered in any of the last four matches on this Colombo ground and I suspect that the line may have been inflated by Sri Lanka smashing England all over Pallekele the other day. They won't find big hitting so easy on this ground though and when you factor in that Australia, a much bigger hitting side than Sri Lanka, only hit 3 6's against this Pakistan attack on this ground on Tuesday that highlights the likelihood, or lack of it, that Sri Lanka go six crazy again. One thing which Sri Lanka side is, is very hard to hit for 6's. Going into their game England had the most sixes in the tournament but just couldn't get anything over the ropes so I expect Pakistan to struggle for sixes too which should in theory mean we don't get anywhere near 9 6's especially given the pressure of a knockout semi final on this match too. 1pt ew A.Mathews Top Sri Lanka Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) I like Angelo Mathews as a cricketer and have been waiting for him to make a contribution in this tournament and he finally delivered it against England on Monday and I think he can do so again in this match. The Pakistan attack has the ability to get him in with reasonable time left in the innings for him to play himself in and then once he's in he can pace the innings nicely as we saw him do in the 50 over cricket down in Australia earlier in the year. Not a lot seems to worry Mathews and if the top order do fall cheaply, which is quite possible as we saw when Pakistan played Australia and got the two hottest men in the tournament cheaply, then the all rounder could be in a nice position to come in and top score from the number four position. Mathews plays spin and seam both as well as each other which will be crucial here and at 6/1 he's my idea of a good each way bet for the hosts in this semi final.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 5 pts Sri Lanka to beat Pakistan @ 1.72 in Bet365 Im going to take Sri Lanka in this match. They play at home, in a semifinals to reach the final in their T20 World Cup, they wont have easier chances than this to reach final in T20WC. Pakistan have just lost a game against India but in all of their matches I really had doubts about their capacity of winning this tournament. Against South Africa they had an easy match which almost slip of their hands. The match against Australia in my opinion is not considered because the Australian were really relaxed because of their net run rate. Even without Warner and Watson, Cameron White started to smash every ball faced like there was nothing to play for. In this matches Pakistan have always played with a few spinners, Sri Lanka is one of the most powerfull teams against spinners. Jayawaredene has been good in almost every matcha and there is no doubt in Dilshan and Sangakkara's quality.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Second semi final preview: 5pts Australia vs West Indies - Under 11.5 6's 5/6 Stan James I know Chris Gayle is around and could cover any total on his own but this won’t be a quick wicket and it will turn so hitting big shots won’t be easy as we saw in the first semi final where there was just one six. Although there are plenty of big hitters on show in this match the wicket won’t help big hitting and while I can see 7 or 8 6’s behind hit barring something special from Gayle or Watson I don’t see 12 being hit. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-betting-sixes-will-be-hard-to-hit-on-slow-turning-colombo-wicket

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Will come back with other bets for this match later but have taken this one early because both the line and the price looks too high. Would expect this line to drop by 2-3 sixes before the start of the semi final.

Second semi final preview: 5pts Australia vs West Indies - Under 11.5 6's 5/6 Stan James I know Chris Gayle is around and could cover any total on his own but this won’t be a quick wicket and it will turn so hitting big shots won’t be easy as we saw in the first semi final where there was just one six. Although there are plenty of big hitters on show in this match the wicket won’t help big hitting and while I can see 7 or 8 6’s behind hit barring something special from Gayle or Watson I don’t see 12 being hit. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-betting-sixes-will-be-hard-to-hit-on-slow-turning-colombo-wicket

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Final preview: 5pts Sri Lanka to beat West Indies 4/5 Betfred I can’t see past Sri Lanka here. It was no surprise to me that they beat the West Indies so easily in their Super Eight match and while the fact this is a final is likely to automatically make it tighter I like the balance between bat and ball that the Sri Lankan’s have, especially in these conditions. West Indies need Chris Gayle to go big to win but I’ll take the chance that doesn’t happen and take the home side to become T20 world champions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-west-indies-betting-sri-lanka-can-claim-the-title-on-home-soil

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Just a quiet final for me. Just taking this one.

Final preview: 5pts Sri Lanka to beat West Indies 4/5 Betfred I can’t see past Sri Lanka here. It was no surprise to me that they beat the West Indies so easily in their Super Eight match and while the fact this is a final is likely to automatically make it tighter I like the balance between bat and ball that the Sri Lankan’s have, especially in these conditions. West Indies need Chris Gayle to go big to win but I’ll take the chance that doesn’t happen and take the home side to become T20 world champions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-west-indies-betting-sri-lanka-can-claim-the-title-on-home-soil