** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ICC World T20 2012

kevshat

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Two for me this afternoon. Whisper it quietly but we might get a game in without rain :loon. Taking this one.....

Tuesday match preview: 3pts S.Ajmal's Performance Pts - Over 38.5pts 5/6 Bet365 Saeed Ajmal is likely to be the chief destroyer for Pakistan once again. He took four wickets here in the match against New Zealand and I would expect him to pick up the two wickets he needs to cover a performance line of 38.5. He gets 20 points for every wicket he takes so two wickets will be enough to cover this line. Ajmal bowls at the death where most wickets tend to fall so I’m happy this line will be covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pakistan-vs-bangladesh-betting-saeed-ajmal-can-get-back-among-the-wickets-to-ensure-pakistan-go-through
and...... 1pt ew N.Hossain Top Bangladesh Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Nasir Hossain has looked good for Bangladesh in recent times. He comes into this match off the back of being the only Bangladesh batsman to look anything like comfortable against New Zealand and the last time these two sides met Hossain top scored there too. He's a big hitter which means he can catch up anyone above him who might have set a reasonable target while at the same time he looks to be technically good enough to see off a good ball which a lot of these Bangladesh players aren't. He averages 35 in T20 internationals and has a ton in ODI's so he looks a good each way punt to me at 7/1 with Bangladesh's two order struggling with the bat.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Thursday's opening match preview: 6pts New Zealand Most 6's vs Sri Lanka 11/10 BetVictor We saw in that South Africa game that big hitting and slogging doesn’t come naturally to the Sri Lankan’s whereas that’s exactly what it is for the Kiwis. Martin Guptill, Rob Nicol, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram can all smoke a ball over a rope while the likes of Kane Williamson and James Franklin can hit the occasional long ball too. Sri Lanka aren’t known for hitting sixes and their two gun batsmen – Jayawardene and Sangakkara – generally get the job done along the ground with nudges and nurdles. With many more big hitters and knowledge of the conditions having played their first two matches in Pallekele I think New Zealand are an excellent bet to hit the most 6’s at odds against. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-new-zealand-betting-new-zealand-s-big-hitters-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-super-eights-opener

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Will come back with any other bets I have on this match later but I've taken this one already as the price is ridiculous and I don't see it lasting.

Thursday's opening match preview: 6pts New Zealand Most 6's vs Sri Lanka 11/10 BetVictor We saw in that South Africa game that big hitting and slogging doesn’t come naturally to the Sri Lankan’s whereas that’s exactly what it is for the Kiwis. Martin Guptill, Rob Nicol, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram can all smoke a ball over a rope while the likes of Kane Williamson and James Franklin can hit the occasional long ball too. Sri Lanka aren’t known for hitting sixes and their two gun batsmen – Jayawardene and Sangakkara – generally get the job done along the ground with nudges and nurdles. With many more big hitters and knowledge of the conditions having played their first two matches in Pallekele I think New Zealand are an excellent bet to hit the most 6’s at odds against. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-new-zealand-betting-new-zealand-s-big-hitters-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-super-eights-opener

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Thursday's second game preview: 5pts England vs West Indies - Over 35.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill We saw in the Bangladesh vs Pakistan match played here on Tuesday that the boundaries are perfectly accessible and I expect plenty of them to be hit in this match. Both sides have batsmen who can hit boundaries while the West Indies especially have a bowling attack that can be carted. These boundaries aren’t that big. In the Bangladesh vs Pakistan match here on Tuesday there were 51 boundaries. Bangladesh hit 25 and Pakistan 26 so I think the chances of there being at least 36 boundaries in this match are very strong. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-betting-two-strong-batting-lineups-can-make-sure-the-boundaries-are-battered

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Two more for the Sri Lanka vs New Zealand match. 3pts New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka 8/5 Sportingbet New Zealand have drifted to a tasty enough price in this match. Sri Lanka come into this match but we don't really know much about them in terms of their make up or their strength really. They beat a weak Zimbabwe side then went down in a seven over lottery but we did see in that South Africa seven over lottery that they are a little one paced with the bat which could be vital on a ground which has been high scoring so far. New Zealand are very aggressive with the bat and as long as they don't get giddy when playing Mendis should he play then I think they will go well with the bat and they have the experience and quality in their bowling attack to restrict and trouble the Sri Lankan batsmen. I won't go as far as to say I expect New Zealand to win this match but I certainly think they have a much better chance than these odds suggest. They know the conditions in Pallekele having played both group matches there and with the more aggressive side I'll take them to get the job done against the hosts. 4pts J.Oram's Performance Pts - 24&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This line looks very low to me for a good all round cricketer who is sure to see action in both facets of the game. He's already covered this line in both group matches and we know his bowling goes well against Sri Lankan batsmen because he was one of the top bowlers in the Sri Lanka Premier League. His hard hitting batting is still underrated but thankfully not by the New Zealand management and if a wicket falls in the last three overs he's likely to be shoved up the order to increase the run rate. With his four overs with the ball he could well cover this total without needing the bat. He'll bowl at the death when the wickets tend to go in clumps and he'll bat at the end when the slog is on. An average game with bat and ball combined sees this covered as does a good one with either so I'm happy to take this low looking line of 24pts. Also taken this one in the England match. Will come back with any more once I've double checked out conditions during the first match.

Thursday's second game preview: 5pts England vs West Indies - Over 35.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill We saw in the Bangladesh vs Pakistan match played here on Tuesday that the boundaries are perfectly accessible and I expect plenty of them to be hit in this match. Both sides have batsmen who can hit boundaries while the West Indies especially have a bowling attack that can be carted. These boundaries aren’t that big. In the Bangladesh vs Pakistan match here on Tuesday there were 51 boundaries. Bangladesh hit 25 and Pakistan 26 so I think the chances of there being at least 36 boundaries in this match are very strong. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-betting-two-strong-batting-lineups-can-make-sure-the-boundaries-are-battered

Re: ICC World T20 2012 First of all a quick thanks to Kevshat,Tyler and Mirage etc,Long time lurker and sports bettor mainly on the NHL,Cricket and Tennis. Hopefully I will be able to add to the great work done by the above and look forward to being an active member of the forum. I currently have a parlay in running which include Sri Lanka,England,South Africa,Australia I like Sri Lanka this morning even though they are having some injury concerns.New Zealand constantly bat Scott Franklin way too far up the order currently and their bowling attack is extremely "One paced" and straight forward...Pakistan took this bowling lineup to the sword in the previous game and although I dont expect Sri Lanka to live up to that performance,I do I expect them to punish this attack...Compact that with the fact that New Zealand having terrible troubles against spin this matchup favours the home side.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 West Indies vs England over 11.5 6's @ Evens Paddy Power Have to take this line.Watching the first match at the Pallekele ground now and aleady seen 11 6s with less than half of Sri Lankas innings complete.The batsmen we will see in the later match could double this line.Kieswetter,Butler,Morgan,Wright,Bairstow,Gayle,Bravo,Pollard,Smith.I cant imagine even if theres early wickets in the first innings that we wont see 12 6s in this match.Add to that the bowlers are not exactly firing at the moment and that pitch

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Shane Watson more runs H2H vs Gautam Gambhir- $1.90 TAB Sportsbet Taking this bet based on what I have seen from these two players in the past month. Watson has looked in great touch in his last couple of T20 matches, getting off to great starts and picking up 30s, 40s and a 50. Gambhir despite his recent 45 against England has been in poor form in T20's with a couple of 10's and single digit figure scores. Always want to take the man in form, but only playing small stakes as anything can happen in T20 (rain, crazy run out etc). 3/10

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Have been mulling over whether to play Chris Gayle player performance 41pts - over 5/6 (bet365). Bit tricky seeing as Windies have yet to complete a game in this T20WC, so its hard to gauge whether Gayle will be used as a bowler. But he bowled last game and got 2 wickets, yet he was unused in the first match. We all know about his prowess with the bat, but if we add in his potential to take a wicket or two, and also a very good catcher, then it seems we would have a lot of options going for us to cover the 41. My only worry is whether the Windies will deploy him as a bowler, or not bother as in the first match. Bit of a gamble, but reckon its worth a bet, as even if he doesn't bowl, he will hopefully still give the bet a run for the money with the bat.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 England To Beat West Indies 1.91 William Hill England do have their weak points regarding playing spin and I cant help but think that they may overlook Narines capabilities leading into this match,Considering how easily they played Narine on the non turning English wickets they may not be giving this young talent the respect he deserves. The problem with the West Windies is they have little to back his work up with in the spin department. I like England here to get a win on the board with heavy hitting proactive batsman such as Wright and Hales up the order against the pace of Edwards and alike.In regard to the West Indies batsman Chris Gale who is the glue of the Windies top order,I dont see him being as destructive against higher quality bowling attacks and Vs a team who "should" have a decent idea of how to bowl at him during the opening power play overs. My rating 7/10

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Chris Gayle Man of the Match @ 6.50 (Sportsbet) Despite the odds being rather short, I have gone for this bet simply because of how the pitch looked in the first game today. I can see the MoM award going to another batsman tonight after Dilshan got it in the early game. Gayle almost holds this West Indies side together, and if they do win, Gayle will be a good chance of picking up the award.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Friday early game preview: 4pts Pakistan to beat South Africa 23/20 Paddy Power The wicket in Colombo suits the spinners and we saw against Bangladesh that Pakistan play the spinners well. Afridi, Ajmal and Hafeez will all go well with the ball in these conditions and apart from Hashim Amla there’s been no recent evidence that South Africa’s batsmen can play spin well. Whether this wicket will favour the likes of Steyn and the Morkel’s with the ball we have to have our doubts having seen recent matches here so the way they play spin and the quality of spinners they have Pakistan have to be the bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pakistan-vs-south-africa-betting-pakistan-should-enjoy-colombo-conditions-a-lot-more-than-south-africa

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Friday late game preview: 4pts Australia to beat India 11/10 Bet365 I like Australia in this match. The wicket may suit the Indian spinners but Watson slogged Ireland’s spinners and Narine all around this Colombo ground in the group matches. India look a strong side but I’m not having Irfan Pathan as an opening batsman and if he doesn’t open and Sehwag plays then you feel India will only play four bowlers so Australia will have a part timer to tuck into. Australia look more settled and can win this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-australia-betting-australia-s-settled-side-can-draw-first-blood-in-group-2

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Just this one in the early game for me tomorrow. Will have a look at conditions and then decide on bets for the second match.

Friday early game preview: 4pts Pakistan to beat South Africa 23/20 Paddy Power The wicket in Colombo suits the spinners and we saw against Bangladesh that Pakistan play the spinners well. Afridi, Ajmal and Hafeez will all go well with the ball in these conditions and apart from Hashim Amla there’s been no recent evidence that South Africa’s batsmen can play spin well. Whether this wicket will favour the likes of Steyn and the Morkel’s with the ball we have to have our doubts having seen recent matches here so the way they play spin and the quality of spinners they have Pakistan have to be the bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pakistan-vs-south-africa-betting-pakistan-should-enjoy-colombo-conditions-a-lot-more-than-south-africa

Re: ICC World T20 2012 3/10pts Pakistan to beat South Africa - 5/4 with BlueSquare This should be a tight match but I see the value in Pakistan's price. Pakistan are in good form with the bat (as shown against Bangladesh) and play on surfaces like this a lot more than the South African's. They have a top order that is firing at the moment and also have the spinners that will go well on this surface to restrict their opponents to a low total. In Umar Gul they have an accurate paceman too so have all bases covered on this pitch in the bowling department. South Africa's batting still concerns me because in Levi they have a man who only seems able to hit in to the leg side and they don't know when to send in Kallis or de Villiers. Add to that a middle order who can collapse when exposed and it isn't the most reliable unit. They do have some quality with the bat in hand but there are enough doubts there to put me off backing them at odds-on. So, Pakistan for me at a nice price.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Another match which looked good and turned sour through incompetence :wall. Had a good look at the conditions and fancy three in the later match. 4pts Australia Most 6's 11/10 Blue Square India thrashed England in their last match and bowled England out for 80 but they still lost the 6's match 3-1 which is pretty incredible. That shows the potential for Australia in that particular battle this afternoon. Watson and Warner look in excellent form and as I've mentioned throughout the tournament Australia have a top 7 who can all hit big. For whatever reason the Indian's haven't gone big in this tournament. It wasn't just England they struggled with, they also struggled against Afghanistan in the six hitting, drawing that match 4-4. With Sehwag expected to be rested and the five bowlers being played India might need to be more conservative at the top of the order whereas Australia will go bonkers. There is a bit of turn in this wicket so I expect the Aussies to come down the wicket to counter the spin and when any of these Australians get to the pitch of the ball they can all smoke it out of the park, especially here where three of the boundaries look short. Given India's shortage of 6's in the tournament so far and Australia's powerful batting line up I think these odds on Australia to hit the most 6's look good to me. 4pts Y.Singh's Performance Pts - 24&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Yuvraj Singh looks like he'll have a big part to play in this match. With the wicket offering a bit of spin he should bowl a few overs of left arm spin but he will need to bat well too. He's a good player of spin so that shouldn't be a problem. Throw into the mix that he's one of the best fielders going around and I think we've got ourselves a target which looks awfully low here. I know he's coming back from his cancer recovery but already we've seen signs of the world class cricketer that Yuvraj so clearly is. He can cover this with an average day in both formats or a good day in either which makes this bet look very attractive. 1pt ew M.Dhoni Top India Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni hasn't really lit this tournament up yet but it's only a matter of time before that happens. I wouldn't put it past it being here as his side will need a big performance from him. He's been coming in a bit low down for my liking but that could change today too with the five bowlers playing for India. I would expect Dhoni to take on the responsibility himself like he did in the World Cup final and come in either at four or at five. That is a high enough position to play himself in before the helicopter comes out towards the end of the innings. These boundaries aren't big enough for Dhoni so he should be able to score quickly when he gets going which makes the 8/1 look a very good each way punt.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Saturday match previews: 4pts England to beat New Zealand 4/5 Ladbrokes I think England will win this. There is no mystery spinner in the New Zealand line up to worry England’s batsmen and there’s no Gayle to take a game away from them either. New Zealand have Brendon McCullum and he’s a big hitter but England will have bowled at him enough to have plans for him and although he’s a big hitter he isn’t as destructive as Chris Gayle as regularly as Gayle is. England’s batting line up still remains good and should enjoy this NZ attack and even at 4/5 I think England are worth taking here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-betting-england-can-enjoy-life-a-lot-more-against-straight-forward-nz-attack 4pts Sri Lanka vs West Indies - Over 37.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill I think this is a 50/50 match if I’m honest but one thing I don’t think is 50/50 is the amount of boundaries we’ll see. In their matches on Thursday Sri Lanka hit 21 boundaries while the West Indies hit 27 boundaries and there’s nothing to suggest boundaries won’t come in this match too on what are small boundaries. Both sides have classy batsmen. The Windies like to hit their boundaries in the air while the Sri Lankan’s do it on the ground but however they come I expect to see more than 37.5 boundaries in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-west-indies-betting-boundaries-should-come-frequently-in-this-match-at-pallekele

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Much better day for me on Friday. Looking to build on that on Saturday. Going with 4 in the England match. Will have a look at the conditions just to make sure they've not changed and come back with bets for the 2nd match on Saturday.

Saturday match previews: 4pts England to beat New Zealand 4/5 Ladbrokes I think England will win this. There is no mystery spinner in the New Zealand line up to worry England’s batsmen and there’s no Gayle to take a game away from them either. New Zealand have Brendon McCullum and he’s a big hitter but England will have bowled at him enough to have plans for him and although he’s a big hitter he isn’t as destructive as Chris Gayle as regularly as Gayle is. England’s batting line up still remains good and should enjoy this NZ attack and even at 4/5 I think England are worth taking here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-betting-england-can-enjoy-life-a-lot-more-against-straight-forward-nz-attack
6pts Over 38.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill Not going to go into a massive detail about this because I think we've all seen how accessible the boundaries are on this ground. Neither side has a devastating bowling attack and both are better at batting than bowling and with this being the first match of the day the wicket should be good so I expect the boundaries to be splattered here. There were 40 and 45 boundaries here on Thursday and I would be surprised if we don't see more than that here in what I foresee as being a very high scoring game. 3pts D.Vettori's Performance Pts - Under 25 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Daniel Vettori has only taken one wicket in three matches in this tournament so far and I suspect he might need two wickets to cover this total because he bats so low down that he either won't come in or won't have time to score very many. Although it's a risk taking the unders on a spinner against England there is no mystery in Vettori's spin and they've all seen enough of him so I don't expect him to rip any through the gate or anything. Any wickets he will get will have to be miscues or the like. This wicket in Pallekele hasn't offered much spin at all in the tournament and the only spinners who've gone well are the mystery ones. There's no mystery here so I think Vettori can have another low scoring match. 1pt ew J.Buttler Top England Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I like Jos Buttler in this innings for the simple reason that when Tim Southee was bowling his yorkers at the death against Sri Lanka they were crying out to be scooped and nobody scoops quick bowlers like Jos Buttler does. Eventually Lahiru Thirimanne showed the way with the scoop or ramp call it what you will but I think Buttler will be a lot more successful at the end of the innings. He showed in that knock at Edgbaston how quickly he can score in international T20 and with the Kiwis really struggling at the death aside from Southee there's a strong opportunity for Buttler to score well if he comes in with 5 or so overs to spare. That opportunity can't be ignored especially if England have one of those innings where they get a lot of starts but nobody goes on and at 7/1 it's worth paying to see how the scooping extraordinaire goes here.

Having seen the wicket I'm leaving the boundaries alone in this match personally. Just this one in the second match. 5pts Sri Lanka to beat West Indies 5/6 Blue Square Having seen the wicket it is taking turn and looks hard to get the ball away so that should make timing the ball hard for the Windies stroke makers. That's not good because they rely on their batting mite. Sri Lanka's batsmen will be experts in playing this wicket as will their bowlers so I expect the hosts to win this quite comfortably. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: ICC World T20 2012 K. Sangakarra - 36 & Over Performance Index @ 1.83 (Bet365) It won't surprise me if SL try to bowl a part-time spinner such as Dilshan for an extra 4 overs given what I saw of the pitch in the first game. That of course opens up the potential for a stumping which is worth 25 points. Sangakarra is also a world-class batsman and can easily cover this total with the bat as well even if he is coming to the crease around the 11th or 12th over. K. Pollard Top WI Batsman @ 9.00 (Sportsbet) We all know Pollard is a great batsman when he gets going, so I won't go too much into that here. No doubt he has been priced at 9's simply because of his normal position down the order. However, in their last game, Pollard came in at number 4, which shows that the WI are flexible in allowing him to move up the order should the need arise. I'm also not too confident about this WI batting line-up on a turning wicket. If Gayle falls early I wouldn't be surprised to see a mini-collapse with a lower-order player coming in relatively early. At 9's I think this is a decent price. Sri Lanka @ 1.88 (Pinnacle) I think Kev has discussed this in his above post. SL will be playing in familiar conditions and I am not too sure about the WI on a turning wicket. Narine could cause some damage but the SL batsman will be much better equipped to deal with the threat of spin and actually score at a decent rate rather than trying to play it out as most other sides have tended to do so far.

Re: ICC World T20 2012

OK' date=' so they closed the Performance markets just before I confirmed by bet so I am pretty much just on the SL win with a small stake on Pollard top bat now.[/quote'] Well after failing to place the bet on time, there was only one possible outcome - for Sangakarra to score 35 of those points already in the first 5 overs of the fielding innings. :lol

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Sunday early game preview: 4pts Australia to beat South Africa 10/11 Ladbrokes Although there were doubts coming into the tournament that Australia’s batting line up was a bit too flimsy we’ve not seen any of that because they have restricted sides to low totals and their top 3 have got stuck into the opposition. I expect the same to happen here too. I think Australia will be too strong for South Africa in all areas of the game in these conditions and expect them to book a semi final spot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-betting-australia-can-secure-semi-final-spot-with-win-over-the-proteas

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Two profitable days on the trot. Hoping for a third here. Taking three in the opening match. This one....

Sunday early game preview: 4pts Australia to beat South Africa 10/11 Ladbrokes Although there were doubts coming into the tournament that Australia’s batting line up was a bit too flimsy we’ve not seen any of that because they have restricted sides to low totals and their top 3 have got stuck into the opposition. I expect the same to happen here too. I think Australia will be too strong for South Africa in all areas of the game in these conditions and expect them to book a semi final spot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-betting-australia-can-secure-semi-final-spot-with-win-over-the-proteas
and these..... 4pts Australia Most 6's 10/11 BetVictor Not going to keep repeating myself for this bet as I've said it all competition. Watson and Warner are in excellent hitting form while the rest of the line up all hit big. South Africa don't hit many 6's as a rule and only hit four sixes here against Pakistan in the first match in the group while Australia walloped 10 against India in a run chase of just 140 :loon. If Amla and Kallis stay in then sixes are unlikely to be hit too often against this good Australia attack whereas Australia will get the big shots away to win the sixes match. 1pt S.Watson Man of the Match 6/1 Ladbrokes Shane Watson has been man of the match in all three of Australia's matches so far and by virtue of opening the bowling and the batting and bowling at the death he's got to be the prime candidate to be the man of the match again. He has the best chance of top scoring with the bat as he's in first and the best chance of taking most wickets as he bowls at the two times wickets fall the most. 6/1 is a fair price for the standout candidate in this market.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Australia To Beat South Africa 1.95 Paddy Power Australia are the dark horses of this tournament for me and I like them here Vs a fragile South African side both mentally and in their middle order. The batting of the Australians has largely been untested in the last few outtings with the top order pounding out the runs on a consistant basis while the bowling of Starc,Watson and Hogg has given them enough fire power to contain the opposition. I dont feel Australia are a team that South Africa would really like to be playing at this stage of the campaign with a chokers tag hanging over their head,Australia are possibly the worse possible team to come up against. Rating 7/10 Pakistan To Beat India 2.04 Paddy Power If you dont like adrenaline and excitement then Pakistan are you're worse nightmare! Rarely does this side get involved in a boring or comftable win. For me India have it all wrong by selecting 4 bowlers on a consistant basis and they really dont seem to have hit their stride in this competition. Pakistan are an exciting vibrant side who pack some heavy hitters through the order,Mixed with some world class spin who seem to smother their opponents into making rash decisions with the bat. Jamshed for me is still one of the most destrutive talents in this side and Ill look for him to get back into form today. This game is a 50/50 match up as Pakistan are a hard team to suss and I dont even think they know how they will perform on any given day.Also given the fact that India play spin aswell as anyone you cant really put 110% faith in Pakistan here. For the value alone and recent for I am taking Pakistan here. Rating 5/10 More Than 8.5 Sixes In The Match Double....South Africa/Australia 1.72 & Pakistan India 1.83 Paddy Power I am taking both games in a double today to go over the 8 Sixes. With big hitters in both games I really like this line,Having seen the original 1.72 Line already drop to 1.63 On paddy power this morning I am glad I took it last night. Rating 7/10

Re: ICC World T20 2012 I am also on Watson to be MoM but I also have to take a nibble at Watson - Top Aus Bowler @ 4.50 (Sportsbet). Watson hasn't failed to take a wicket for Australia when brought on to bowl in this format since 2010! He also usually bowls the last over of the innings, in which batsman swing wildly at anything, and more often than not, 1/2 wickets fall. I don't think the Australian bowling will pose too many problems to the South Africans, at least not to the extent that someone takes 4+ wickets, so 'nothing' wickets in those death overs could easily decide this market.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Late game preview: 4pts Pakistan to beat India 21/20 Paddy Power India knocked Pakistan out of the 50 over World Cup last year so Pakistan would love to return the favour if they get the chance. Whether that materialises or not remains to be seen but I do think they can win this match. Their bowlers should enjoy the conditions and their batsmen showed when these two met in the warm up match on this ground prior to the tournament that they can score against this attack. Dhoni has a lot of problems coming into the game as India seem to be carrying a few players. That leads me to taking Pakistan at odds against. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-pakistan-betting-pakistan-can-pile-on-the-problems-for-mahendra-singh-dhoni-in-super-eight-clash

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Going well in the first game today. 3 for the second one. This one which I've taken at 11/10 with Blue Square now that their 100% market offer has kicked in.....

Late game preview: 4pts Pakistan to beat India 21/20 Paddy Power India knocked Pakistan out of the 50 over World Cup last year so Pakistan would love to return the favour if they get the chance. Whether that materialises or not remains to be seen but I do think they can win this match. Their bowlers should enjoy the conditions and their batsmen showed when these two met in the warm up match on this ground prior to the tournament that they can score against this attack. Dhoni has a lot of problems coming into the game as India seem to be carrying a few players. That leads me to taking Pakistan at odds against. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-pakistan-betting-pakistan-can-pile-on-the-problems-for-mahendra-singh-dhoni-in-super-eight-clash
and these two...... 4pts Under 8.5 6's 5/6 William Hill India haven't really got going with the bat in this tournament and haven't hit the sort of big shots we expect from them. Their batting line up looks low on confidence and against a strong Pakistan bowling attack who bowl well in the conditions I'm not convinced we'll see them hit too many in this match either. Pakistan have more hitters in their side but they are prone to losing early wickets and if that happens they may need to put the big shots to bed for much of their innings. At the time of writing Australia have faced 15 overs on this wicket and hit just three 6's and they had nearly twice as many 6's coming into this round of matches as they two sides had so if they aren't hitting many for six I don't expect these two either so the line looks a touch high particularly with the wicket likely to die the longer this match goes on. 1pt U.Akmal Man of the Match 20/1 Ladbrokes It looks like I've had some success with Watson in this market so I'll try it again. Umar Akmal showed his class in the last match with a match winning knock and there's no reason why he can't do that again here. His innings in the last match might have seen him go up the order which helps and in what I perceive to be a low scoring match it could just be that a cameo of his could catch the eye the most. Akmal is a very good batsman so 20/1 is pretty daft as a price and worth a small punt.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Monday early game preview: 4pts West Indies vs New Zealand - Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill This should be a high scoring match. Both sides have powerful batting line ups and both sides have bowling attacks which can be carted around the park so even though the wicket may not dictate clean hitting I think we will see plenty of runs and plenty of boundaries. With the wicket on Saturday being a little slower the boundary line has come down and looks low enough to attack as there is still some pace in the wicket. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-betting-expect-the-boundaries-to-flow-in-do-or-die-match