** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ICC World T20 2012

kevshat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ICC World T20 2012

Oh well' date=' Ireland are terrible. The way they get bowled Australia won't need any 6s in this game. It's a pitty.[/quote'] This is Australia. They never need to need 6's to hit them :ok. One for me in the later game. Not going too mad. Just hoping Kohli fills his boots. 3pts R.Ashwin Most Economical Bowler 6/4 Stan James There’s six men in this market – Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan, Hamid Hassan, Mohammad Nabi and Shapoor Zadran. I think it’s fair to assume we can eliminate the three Afghan’s from the potential winner list and concentrate on the Indian trio. This wicket looks to have a bit of pace in it but Zaheer went for 8 an over against Afghanistan two years ago so the wily spin of Ashwin, who even good players of spin like Pakistan failed to get away here on Monday, looks to be the best chance.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Thursday match preview: 4pts J.Kallis' Performance Pts - 40&Over Evs Bet365 So far in the giant vs minnow matches we’ve seen the star men in each of the giant sides step up to that plate and I expect that to happen here too. So far Kumar Sangakkara, Ajantha Mendis, Shane Watson, Virat Kohli and R Ashwin have all shown their class and arguably nobody has more class than Jacques Kallis. Kallis has been set a target of 40pts in this match which he could easily cover with the bat as he opens the innings on what is a pretty dosile wicket. I expect him to bowl a few overs too so if he doesn’t cover this total with the bat he should get some points in the field and a combination of batting points and bowling/fielding points should see him sail comfortably past 40 here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-zimbabwe-betting-jacques-kallis-can-show-his-all-round-abilities-in-african-derby

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Not the start I've been looking for so far. -13.50pts. Hopefully I can eat into that on Thursday. Going with three. This one...

Thursday match preview: 4pts J.Kallis' Performance Pts - 40&Over Evs Bet365 So far in the giant vs minnow matches we’ve seen the star men in each of the giant sides step up to that plate and I expect that to happen here too. So far Kumar Sangakkara, Ajantha Mendis, Shane Watson, Virat Kohli and R Ashwin have all shown their class and arguably nobody has more class than Jacques Kallis. Kallis has been set a target of 40pts in this match which he could easily cover with the bat as he opens the innings on what is a pretty dosile wicket. I expect him to bowl a few overs too so if he doesn’t cover this total with the bat he should get some points in the field and a combination of batting points and bowling/fielding points should see him sail comfortably past 40 here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-zimbabwe-betting-jacques-kallis-can-show-his-all-round-abilities-in-african-derby
and these.... 3pts H.Masakadza Over 1.5 Fours Evs Ladbrokes This line looks a little on the low side to me because every time I see Hamilton Masakadza bat I like the look of him. In his last 10 T20 innings for Zimbabwe he has reached doubles figures and he's hit two fours every time. When Zimbabwe hosted South Africa and Bangladesh XI's in a tri-series in June, Masakadza made two half centuries against the South Africans against an attack which contained Wayne Parnell and Albie Morkel so wasn't the weakest by any stretch. He showed in the opening match of this tournament that he can play the best bowlers in the world when he kept out, and scored off, Lasith Malinga and with Dale Steyn not getting the ball straight away for South Africa there's a strong chance he'll get his eye in here too. Although the boundaries are bigger on this ground than at Colombo he hit three boundaries against the Sri Lankans on Tuesday and I think he can pierce the in-field a couple of times in this match before he exits back to the pavilion. 2pts J.Botha Top South Africa Batsman 9/2 Ladbrokes This looks a pretty simple call given how ridiculously badly Zimbabwe played the Sri Lankan spinners the other night. For me Botha is the best of the South African spinners as he has the off spinner, the top spinner and the one which goes past the outside edge without spinning and it was confusion which caused Mendis to run through the Zimbabwean's the other night and Botha can get that same confusion here. I'd say Peterson will get more turn but playing the turning ball wasn't the problem for the Zimbabwe batsmen the other night it was picking which way it was going which was the issue. Peterson only turns it one way whereas Botha can pass both inside and outside edge and if Zimbabwe play spin in this match like they did the other day I would think Botha has every chance of beginning his international swansong with the most wickets in this match.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 2pts ew England outright @ 9 Sportingbet We come in to this looking to be the first team to defend this championship and i think we have the team and confidence to do that. Hopefuly we get off to a perfect start by beating Afghanistan and boosting confidence even further for the India game. England have definitely been over looked by the bookies who aren't giving them a chance and this is reflected in the price which i feel is far too long.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Two for today's match. - 3pts Highest Individual Score: 25-49 @ 11/4 [bluesq] I was going to shoot Under 55 in this highest individual score for this match but I saw this and thought it'd be more suitable. If Zimbabwe bat first I honestly cannot see them clearing 130. If that's the case then this should be calm. As Sri Lanka showed earlier in the tournament though, they can bat first, put up 182 and still not have any player hit a fifty. I really can't see a Zimbabwe player hitting a fifty and despite not being that great, I don't think theyre useless enough to not keep taking SA wickets if that needed to be the case. I'll shoot unders here and see what happens. - 1pt Man of the Match: Jacques Kallis @ 7/1 [bet365] If Zimbabwe bat first and get skittled out cheaply, it puts SA's top three in the firing line to top score and thus be MOTM. SA bat first and Kallis' mix of batting and bowling puts him right up there. If he stays within 10-15 runs of the top batsman but snags a wicket or two with the ball, he'll be right in the mix for this 7/1 shout. I'll play.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 What about the 6s here? How long is the boundary? I have seen that 6s aren't easy in the tournament till now and the line looks pretty high, at 7,5, but I know that Zimbabwe guys hit boundary or dot usually, so there should be some big shots here. On the other hand, if Zimbabwe stay around 120-130, then South Africa shouldn't put much pressure. Is it worth a shot at under?

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Levi finished on 50* would you believe. Robbed me of a nice full house. Kallis took the MOTM though and Ashwin did me good the other day so it's been a good start. Two to begin with tomorrow: - 2pts Bangladesh (vs. New Zealand) @ 2/1 [bet365] I have New Zealand to win the group in an outright which might negate this bet a touch but the odds here have drawn me in. I've been reading that the New Zealand camp have come down with a Sri Lankan remix of Delhi belly which has run through a few key players. This has obviously hampered their preparation and a few might not be match fit for tomorrow. On top of this, there is rain about. Now rain may reduce the number of overs available tomorrow which turns this into a bit of a lottery. In an even shortened game, anything can happen so at 2/1, I'll play and see if Bangladesh can exploit the Kiwis early up. - 4pts Player Performance: Mushfiqur Rahim 26&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] Mushfiqur Rahim has been one of Bangladesh's best players for a few years now. Skipper of the national side and arguably their most reliable batsman to go with it. He can honestly bring this line in with the bat alone but it's his keeping which attracts me here. I've been surprised with the bounce and the carry so far in these Sri Lankan pitches so keepers are always been in the action. Bangladesh have a few spinners in their ranks too so a stumping isn't too far away either especially in a potentially shortened game where batsman seek quick runs. Overs for me.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Three I like for England's first match too. - 5pts Player Performance: Craig Kieswetter 40&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] Like Mushfiqur Rahim, I see favourable returns for Craig Kieswetter. I won't go into too much detail as it's pretty much the same as above but Finn, Dernbach and Broad should provide enough pace to get the edges appropriate for Craig whilst Patel, Briggs and Swann provide stumping opportunites. He can feast on the modest bowling at the top of the order too to bring in the single pointers. Overs here. - 4pts Highest Individual Score: 50-74 @ 11/10 [bluesq] Decent pitch here at Colombo, it's conducive to some decent scores. Ireland bombed out to the Aussies but India posted 159 here two days ago and I think England can do the same here if they bat first. The scare here is if Afghanistan bat first and get skittled out cheaply but as we (agonisingly) saw earlier, even if that's the case, there is still scope for a 50. Afghanistan surprised many with their performance against India too so they should be filled with confidence to at least make this match competitive tomorrow. I reckon we'll see a top score closer to the Half ton than a full ton so I'll play here tomorrow. - 4pts Total Sixes: Over 6.5 @ 5/6 [WillHill] The boundaries here are clearable. India hit four here two days ago, Afghanistan themselves hit four too. England have players in their ranks to do the same. Hales, Morgan, Kieswetter, Wright and Buttler can all clear this with ease and with the modest bowling offered, I reckon there will be some about tomorrow. There hasn't been that many in the tournament so far admittedly but tomorrow could open the floodgates, I'll play overs here with clearable boundaries and big hitters expected to line up.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Friday early game preview: 4pts M.Rahim's Performance Pts - 26&Over 5/6 Bet365 One of those matchwinners is the subject of a bet I like in this match. Mushfiqur Rahim has a performance line of 26pts in this match but with 25pts for a stumping and Bangladesh’s attack mostly made up with spin I think this has every chance of being covered. Even if he doesn’t get a stumping I still think 26pts is within his reach with the bat where he is very good so with two solid scoring options the Bangladesh captain looks to have a reasonable line here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-bangladesh-betting-mushfiqur-rahim-can-lead-by-example-for-bangladesh-in-their-opening-match

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Friday late game preview: 5pts England vs Afghanistan - Over 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill England aren’t backable in this match although I think they will win. Not by a landslide mind you but I think they will win nonetheless. One bet that is backable is for there to be more than 6.5 6’s in the match. Afghanistan hit four sixes against India’s bowling attack so you have to feel they will contribute in the sixes in this match whereas England have a top 7 who can all hit a long ball. The boundaries at the Premadasa aren’t the biggest which allows for big hitting and with a bit of pace in the wicket and the ball coming onto the bat I think we’ll get 7 6’s out of this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-afghanistan-betting-the-colombo-ground-is-small-enough-to-see-plenty-of-sixes-in-group-a-match

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Early preview for Saturday's opener: 4pts Sri Lanka to beat South Africa Evs Stan James I like the hosts in this match I must admit. I think they have the right blend in their batting line up and I like the mixture they have in their bowling attack, particularly Lasith Malinga and Ajantha Mendis. South Africa look a good side on paper but I really do worry about their batting line up both in the order and the fact they are so top heavy. Sri Lanka just look the better balanced side and with conditions familiar to them I’ll take them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-south-africa-betting-sri-lanka-can-maintain-their-unbeaten-status-heading-into-super-eights

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Just this one for me this afternoon.

Friday late game preview: 5pts England vs Afghanistan - Over 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill England aren’t backable in this match although I think they will win. Not by a landslide mind you but I think they will win nonetheless. One bet that is backable is for there to be more than 6.5 6’s in the match. Afghanistan hit four sixes against India’s bowling attack so you have to feel they will contribute in the sixes in this match whereas England have a top 7 who can all hit a long ball. The boundaries at the Premadasa aren’t the biggest which allows for big hitting and with a bit of pace in the wicket and the ball coming onto the bat I think we’ll get 7 6’s out of this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-afghanistan-betting-the-colombo-ground-is-small-enough-to-see-plenty-of-sixes-in-group-a-match

I take that last post back. Found another one. 4pts Afghanistan (+7.5wickets/57.5runs) to beat England 6/5 Sportingbet This handicap looks a bit on the big side to me here as England always make hard work of these so called easier matches. England lost to Holland three years ago and could've lost to Ireland two years ago. I don't think they'll lose this but I saw enough from Afghanistan on Wednesday to suggest they'll be competitive in this match. Even were England to make 180 I fancy Afghanistan to make 123 while with England employing stroke players all down their order wickets can fall any time. A combination of the size of the handicap and the odds makes the minnows a good bet here. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: ICC World T20 2012 3/10pts Sri Lanka to beat S. Africa - Evens with Stan James To me, there isn't enough between these sides to have it anything other than 10/11 for both sides. I think both are evenly matched in terms of the bowling because Mendis, Malinga, Steyn and Morkel are backed up by decent bowlers to put pressure on. However, I slightly favour Sri Lanka's batting and that's because if you get in to the middle order of South Africa there isn't a lot there. They don't seem to know their strongest batsmen, their strongest line-up and who to send out when in certain situations. Sri Lanka's batsmen looked dodgy running between the wickets in their opening game but other than that they did a good job as a unit. Running between the wickets isn't the hardest thing to sort out between games. After Dilshan, their batsmen can play proper shots so won't have to take on Steyn and Morkel as other players would do so can maybe see them off better than other sides. This should be a tight game but I prefer Sri Lanka's batting and for them to be made outsiders surprises me.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Bit too greedy yesterday, negated the decent start I had. Going to definitely swerve the early game. Good luck to you Sri Lanka backers. One for the afternoon: - 5pts Total Boundaries: Over 34.5 (Australia vs. West Indies) @ 5/6 [WillHill] This pitch at the Premadarsa can produce high scores. The boundaries aren't the longest, the outfield isn't the quickest and with the explosive talent on show here, overs has to be fancied. There were 31 boundaries when Ireland played Australia. In that match 123 played 125. England yesterday against Afghanistan had 36 and that is with Afghanistan getting skittled out for 80. There were also 34 when India played Afghanistan too and to be honest, neither of those games featured the all round firepower expected to line up today. Both teams are good enough to post decent scores here so the threat of a complete collapse isn't that great. Both teams (West Indies especially) will be looking for the win too so I see a potential high scorer and a slew of boundaries. Overs for me.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Left the first game alone because of the threat of rain but taking 3 this afternoon. 4pts West Indies to beat Australia 11/10 Blue Square West Indies were a popular side coming into this match and they are popular with me here. Australia know they are all but through given the margin of their win over Ireland on Wednesday and they might even rotate a couple of players. My big concern with Australia, as it has been coming into the tournament, is their reliance on their top 3. Although White and Bailey are good batsmen they haven't been in the greatest touch recently and it may be that they need to shove Maxwell in at 4 or find a place for David Hussey. West Indies look on paper at least to have a strong batting line up from 1-7, 8 if you include Sammy. Not only is it strong it is extremely powerful and I would go as far as to say these boundaries aren't big enough for any of them. There are question marks about the Windies bowling attack but they do have four banker overs from Sunil Narine and if the likes of Samuels or Gayle can bowl and keep things tight then that will be good. I can't see how this won't be a high scoring shootout so I'm happy to take the Windies in this one. 4pts Over 11.5 6's 5/6 Skybet England and Afghanistan covered this line here yesterday and with the big hitters on show in this match I expect this match to have this line covered too. Gayle, Smith, Bravo x2, Pollard, Sammy and Samuels as well as Watson, Warner, Maxwell, White, Hussey and Wade gives us 13 genuine big hitters of a cricket ball. With both sides batting deep players can get hitting from the off knowing there's depth to the batting and while there's some fair bowlers on show there's nothing that sends shivers down the spine. If West Indies bat first and Chris Gayle gets going then this line is be covered in no time but there's enough around him to suggest we'll see a dozen sixes even if Gayle offers little to the total. 3pts S.Narine Most Economical Bowler 2/1 Stan James This market consists of Narine, Sammy, Rampaul, Watson. Starc and Hogg. I think Sunil Narine's a good thing here. We saw in the UAE that Australia struggle against mystery spin with Saeed Ajmal destroying the Australians and Narine is a similar bowler to Ajmal so I don't think the Australians will fare too well against him. I'm reluctant to take any Australians in this market because the West Indies hitters could catch hold of an over from any bowler although I accept Starc might be a good price. I don't see Rampaul keeping things tight against Watson and Warner and Sammy is of the pace which can go too so at 2/1 with the wicket likely to help him and his mysteries up his sleeve I'll take Narine to be the most economical bowler from the six which count in this match.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Sunday early game preview: 4pts New Zealand to beat Pakistan 13/10 Bet365 I’ll take New Zealand here purely because of the value. Having had a game in the tournament they should be less rusty than Pakistan who summed themselves up in their warm up matches by chasing 180 against India and failing to chase a little over 110 against England. Even though they chased such a score against India it needed a once in a lifetime innings from Kamran Akmal so the Pakistan batting has to be a real concern here. As such I’ll take New Zealand here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-betting-new-zealand-can-take-advantage-of-fragile-pakistan-batting-line-up

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Annoyingly rain got involved on the Windies/Australia game scuppering the chances of me getting a further two winners. Because of the rain around I'm not going mad anymore. Just this one in the early match.

Sunday early game preview: 4pts New Zealand to beat Pakistan 13/10 Bet365 I’ll take New Zealand here purely because of the value. Having had a game in the tournament they should be less rusty than Pakistan who summed themselves up in their warm up matches by chasing 180 against India and failing to chase a little over 110 against England. Even though they chased such a score against India it needed a once in a lifetime innings from Kamran Akmal so the Pakistan batting has to be a real concern here. As such I’ll take New Zealand here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-betting-new-zealand-can-take-advantage-of-fragile-pakistan-batting-line-up

Re: ICC World T20 2012 An up-and-and down sees me at -0.72 so far. Hoping New Zealand win today to bring in that outright. One for the afternoon game: - 5pts England to beat India @ 11/10 [bet365] I honestly feel like England can take advantage today and go through this group stage 2/2. Dhoni has hinted at rotating his side today after already picking up a win in their first game and an un-balanced Indian side with some players who haven't played competitively in a while could come unstuck against a pretty solid England. The opening position has been a problem for India for a while. If they play five bowlers it'll make the batting lighter too so I fancy England to handle them today at odds against.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Late game preview: 4pts England to beat India 11/10 Bet365 I think England are decent value at odds against I must say. I think they are the better T20 side and I think they are much the better balanced one. MSD’s refusal to play five bowlers could end up costing India when it really matters in this tournament and it could cost them here too. Although there will be a fifth bowler to target, if England can get after one of the four main bowlers then India really will be in trouble and for that reason alone I’ve got to take England who have back up bowling options if either of their five bowlers start getting carted. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-betting-england-can-take-advantage-of-unbalanced-india-side-in-dead-rubber

Re: ICC World T20 2012 India to beat England. A game of no consequence for qualifications means that team India will play with total freedom and recklessness. I actually believe India will play 5 bowlers for today's game. Been following you for a long time Kevshat and enjoy your style and banter. One question is your name Kev shat or Kevs Hat ?

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Kevs hat :ok. Answers on a postcard what New Zealand were up to there :eyes. Not a dead rubber fan but it's clear England are taking this more seriously so just this one for me on this match.

Late game preview: 4pts England to beat India 11/10 Bet365 I think England are decent value at odds against I must say. I think they are the better T20 side and I think they are much the better balanced one. MSD’s refusal to play five bowlers could end up costing India when it really matters in this tournament and it could cost them here too. Although there will be a fifth bowler to target, if England can get after one of the four main bowlers then India really will be in trouble and for that reason alone I’ve got to take England who have back up bowling options if either of their five bowlers start getting carted. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-betting-england-can-take-advantage-of-unbalanced-india-side-in-dead-rubber

Re: ICC World T20 2012

India to beat England. A game of no consequence for qualifications means that team India will play with total freedom and recklessness. I actually believe India will play 5 bowlers for today's game. Been following you for a long time Kevshat and enjoy your style and banter. One question is your name Kev shat or Kevs Hat ?
Game set and match. Easy money that one!

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Monday match preview: 5pts Windies vs Ireland - Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill We’ve seen all tournament so far that these Colombo boundaries aren’t the biggest and even though India walloped England here on Sunday, there were still 30 boundaries and England only scored 80. Ireland hit 15 boundaries against a much better Australian bowling attack than the one they will face here and West Indies hit 26 against that Australian attack. Whichever way round this match is played you have to feel it will contain 37 boundaries. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-ireland-betting-expect-a-lot-of-boundaries-to-be-hit-in-match-between-two-weak-attacks

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Not been a great tournament for me so far. I'm -26.01pts although the outrights are starting to look ok. Need to get back on track today but am only taking this one....

Monday match preview: 5pts Windies vs Ireland - Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill We’ve seen all tournament so far that these Colombo boundaries aren’t the biggest and even though India walloped England here on Sunday, there were still 30 boundaries and England only scored 80. Ireland hit 15 boundaries against a much better Australian bowling attack than the one they will face here and West Indies hit 26 against that Australian attack. Whichever way round this match is played you have to feel it will contain 37 boundaries. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-ireland-betting-expect-a-lot-of-boundaries-to-be-hit-in-match-between-two-weak-attacks

Re: ICC World T20 2012 3pts Total Match Sixes - Over 7.5 @ 2.01 (Sportsbet) With the Windies winning the toss, this line has nosedived with the expectation that Ireland will be dismissed cheaply. However, I feel Ireland have the ability to put a decent score of 130-odd on a fairly good looking pitch. Not only that, but with some rain around I expect Gayle to come out looking to get ahead on the D/L method early so as not to leave anything to chance.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 0.5pts Ireland @ 11.00 (Sportsbet) Odds of over $10 are a bit steep for a match that has the potential to be rain effected. I think the market has over-reacted a bit to the Windies winning the toss here. Ireland can definitely score quickly when they get it right, and might be able to match it with the Windies in a slog-fest if they can get Gayle out early.

Re: ICC World T20 2012 Tuesday match preview: 3pts S.Ajmal's Performance Pts - Over 38.5pts 5/6 Bet365 Saeed Ajmal is likely to be the chief destroyer for Pakistan once again. He took four wickets here in the match against New Zealand and I would expect him to pick up the two wickets he needs to cover a performance line of 38.5. He gets 20 points for every wicket he takes so two wickets will be enough to cover this line. Ajmal bowls at the death where most wickets tend to fall so I’m happy this line will be covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pakistan-vs-bangladesh-betting-saeed-ajmal-can-get-back-among-the-wickets-to-ensure-pakistan-go-through