Flat Racing - Friday 14th September 2012

The Saint

Wish I had more time to go into detail.... Couple of old boys running tomorrow who have both gone well in the corresponding race before and have further proven form over C&D. Not the most likely winners but I do feel they are both overpriced and could both be running into their best form. 150 Doncaster - Nanton - 14/1 - 365 & Ladbrokes 405 Doncaster - Webbow - 14/1 - 365 Good Luck to all tomorrow - I have to go and drag my arse about the football pitch where I shall be dictating that we defend deep!!:(

Re: Flat Racing - Friday 14th September 2012 1.50 Doncaster Nanton 2pts EW @ 14/1 Bet365 Nanton is one of my favourite horses and I actually think he has a good chance of taking this race tomorrow. He has slowly been running himself back into form this season and his last 2 runs have been much more encouraging. His last run at York in particular was very eye-catching as he had to switch several times in the final couple of furlongs but still managed to finish with a real rattle to grab 5th spot behind some very good handicappers. For me that showed that there is still some fight in him and he could be capable of springing a shock in this race. He actually has a good record in this race as he won it back in 2009 and finished a fast finishing 2nd in the race last year behind Old Hundred. Jim Goldie is in much better form at the moment and he has the services of Graham Lee which is a positive. He is a 10 year old now and will find it very tough against some younger progressive horses but he can roll back the years and get involved.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.