** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Boxing > September 14-30

Sir Puntalot

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cruz, L v Ramos, C (02:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Vargas, J v Martinez, Aaron (03:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.04[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Saunders, BJ v Fletcher (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 16 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Martinez, SG v Cesar Chavez, J (03:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.59[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Alvarez, Saul v Lopez, Josesito (04:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.07[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 22 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Burns, R v Mitchell, K (22:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.69[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]29[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.63[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Frampton, C v Molitor, S (22:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 29 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Povetkin, A v Rahman, H (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing > September 14-30 Billy Joe Saunders v Jarrod Fletcher 2pts Billy Joe Saunders to win in rounds 1-3 @ 6.5 Bet365 1pt Billy Joe Saunders to win in rounds 4-6 @ 5.5 Bet365 Watching this lads last few fights has showed he has some real potential, he comes in to the fight 14-0-0 with 9 K.O's. With his southpaw stance he makes it tricky for opponents to read him. Alot of his fights have been short and sweet for Saunders with 12 of his 14 fights ending within the first 6 rounds and i see him winning this in the same manner. Jarrod Fletcher is coming over from his native Austrailia and will find it tricky in the UK with the home fans right behind Saunders. Saul Alvarez v Josesito Lopez 1pt Saul Alvarez to win in rounds 1-3 @ 6.5 Bet365 1pt Saul Alvarez to win in rounds 4-6 @ 4.5 Bet365 Alvarez comes in to the fight 40-1-0 with 29 K.O's and he has proved a few times his record is no fluke. He has wins against the likes of Mathew Hatton, Alfonso Gomez and even Shane Mosley. Lopez is a good fighter as he proved when beating Voctor Ortiz in his last fight but i feel he is taking a step too far in fighting Alvarez who i think will be far too strong for him and beat him within the first 6 rounds.

Re: Boxing > September 14-30

Billy Joe Saunders v Jarrod Fletcher 2pts Billy Joe Saunders to win in rounds 1-3 @ 6.5 Bet365 1pt Billy Joe Saunders to win in rounds 4-6 @ 5.5 Bet365 Watching this lads last few fights has showed he has some real potential, he comes in to the fight 14-0-0 with 9 K.O's. With his southpaw stance he makes it tricky for opponents to read him. Alot of his fights have been short and sweet for Saunders with 12 of his 14 fights ending within the first 6 rounds and i see him winning this in the same manner. Jarrod Fletcher is coming over from his native Austrailia and will find it tricky in the UK with the home fans right behind Saunders.
Really easy win for Saunders 2nd round TKO 2012 Boxing Record: 2-1 (+58)

Re: Boxing > September 14-30 Bit late copying these to PL forum. Better late than never though! 4pts M.Macklin vs J.Alcine - Under 8.5 rounds 5/4 Bet365 I expect Matthew Macklin to put on a bit of a show here to prove that his two world title defeats haven’t had a negative effect on him. In fairness I think he won the Sturm fight even though he didn’t get the decision on the night. Macklin brings a lot of pressure to his opponents and I question whether a 36 year old can take that. I think Macklin is good value to get this done early on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/macklin-vs-alcine-betting-matthew-macklin-can-impress-with-an-early-stoppage-on-his-ring-return 4pts S.Martinez to beat J.Chavez Jr by stoppage 11/4 Bodog I don’t normally take too much notice of weigh ins but it was hard not to in this one as Chavez Jr didn’t look at all good on the scales. Martinez looks absolutely ripped as we have come to expect from him and that has only given me more confidence that he will win this fight. I always thought Martinez would win the fight but I wasn’t sure how but having seen the weigh in and seen how good he looked compared to the less than convincing look of Chavez Jr I think Martinez can force a late stoppage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/martinez-vs-chavez-jr-betting-sergio-martinez-can-stop-chavez-jr-in-middleweight-world-title-fight 4pts S.Alvarez to beat J.Lopez in Rounds 1-6 9/4 Ladbrokes Lopez has a high guard but Alvarez punches in bursts, heavy bursts at that. I think Alvarez has fought and stopped better fighters than Josesito Lopez and I expect his heavy hitting to get through the defences of the American and end this fight early. It is no surprise Alvarez is 1/2 to win this by stoppage. I can’t see anything but that happening but I’ll take a chance Alvarez ends it within 6 rounds at the better price of 9/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/alvarez-vs-lopez-betting-saul-alvarez-can-get-rid-of-the-threat-from-lopez-inside-the-first-six-rounds

Bit late copying these to PL forum. Better late than never though! 4pts M.Macklin vs J.Alcine - Under 8.5 rounds 5/4 Bet365 I expect Matthew Macklin to put on a bit of a show here to prove that his two world title defeats haven’t had a negative effect on him. In fairness I think he won the Sturm fight even though he didn’t get the decision on the night. Macklin brings a lot of pressure to his opponents and I question whether a 36 year old can take that. I think Macklin is good value to get this done early on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/macklin-vs-alcine-betting-matthew-macklin-can-impress-with-an-early-stoppage-on-his-ring-return 4pts S.Martinez to beat J.Chavez Jr by stoppage 11/4 Bodog I don’t normally take too much notice of weigh ins but it was hard not to in this one as Chavez Jr didn’t look at all good on the scales. Martinez looks absolutely ripped as we have come to expect from him and that has only given me more confidence that he will win this fight. I always thought Martinez would win the fight but I wasn’t sure how but having seen the weigh in and seen how good he looked compared to the less than convincing look of Chavez Jr I think Martinez can force a late stoppage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/martinez-vs-chavez-jr-betting-sergio-martinez-can-stop-chavez-jr-in-middleweight-world-title-fight 4pts S.Alvarez to beat J.Lopez in Rounds 1-6 9/4 Ladbrokes Lopez has a high guard but Alvarez punches in bursts, heavy bursts at that. I think Alvarez has fought and stopped better fighters than Josesito Lopez and I expect his heavy hitting to get through the defences of the American and end this fight early. It is no surprise Alvarez is 1/2 to win this by stoppage. I can’t see anything but that happening but I’ll take a chance Alvarez ends it within 6 rounds at the better price of 9/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/alvarez-vs-lopez-betting-saul-alvarez-can-get-rid-of-the-threat-from-lopez-inside-the-first-six-rounds
2 out of 3, nicely done. :ok

Saul Alvarez v Josesito Lopez 1pt Saul Alvarez to win in rounds 1-3 @ 6.5 Bet365 1pt Saul Alvarez to win in rounds 4-6 @ 4.5 Bet365 Alvarez comes in to the fight 40-1-0 with 29 K.O's and he has proved a few times his record is no fluke. He has wins against the likes of Mathew Hatton, Alfonso Gomez and even Shane Mosley. Lopez is a good fighter as he proved when beating Voctor Ortiz in his last fight but i feel he is taking a step too far in fighting Alvarez who i think will be far too strong for him and beat him within the first 6 rounds.
Another good weekend on the Boxing and a nice bit of profit! 2012 Boxing Record: 3-2 (+60.5)

Bit late copying these to PL forum. Better late than never though! 4pts M.Macklin vs J.Alcine - Under 8.5 rounds 5/4 Bet365 I expect Matthew Macklin to put on a bit of a show here to prove that his two world title defeats haven’t had a negative effect on him. In fairness I think he won the Sturm fight even though he didn’t get the decision on the night. Macklin brings a lot of pressure to his opponents and I question whether a 36 year old can take that. I think Macklin is good value to get this done early on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/macklin-vs-alcine-betting-matthew-macklin-can-impress-with-an-early-stoppage-on-his-ring-return 4pts S.Martinez to beat J.Chavez Jr by stoppage 11/4 Bodog I don’t normally take too much notice of weigh ins but it was hard not to in this one as Chavez Jr didn’t look at all good on the scales. Martinez looks absolutely ripped as we have come to expect from him and that has only given me more confidence that he will win this fight. I always thought Martinez would win the fight but I wasn’t sure how but having seen the weigh in and seen how good he looked compared to the less than convincing look of Chavez Jr I think Martinez can force a late stoppage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/martinez-vs-chavez-jr-betting-sergio-martinez-can-stop-chavez-jr-in-middleweight-world-title-fight 4pts S.Alvarez to beat J.Lopez in Rounds 1-6 9/4 Ladbrokes Lopez has a high guard but Alvarez punches in bursts, heavy bursts at that. I think Alvarez has fought and stopped better fighters than Josesito Lopez and I expect his heavy hitting to get through the defences of the American and end this fight early. It is no surprise Alvarez is 1/2 to win this by stoppage. I can’t see anything but that happening but I’ll take a chance Alvarez ends it within 6 rounds at the better price of 9/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/alvarez-vs-lopez-betting-saul-alvarez-can-get-rid-of-the-threat-from-lopez-inside-the-first-six-rounds
Some nice profit for you there Kevshat!

Re: Boxing > September 14-30 Couple here for tonight: Carl Frampton v Steve Molitor 2pts Molitor to win by decision or technical decision @ 9 StanJames Carl Frampton has really impressed in his first 14 fights, winning them all and 9 by KO. The bookies are right behind a Frampton win tonight and so are the fans and rightly so, but i can see some value in backing Molitor to take this all the way and maybe even pulling off a shock victory. Molitor has been around the block and at 32, he's had 35 fights with 33 wins with only 12 of them won by KO. Molitor will know he's coming in to this as the outsider and has nothing to lose, but with his Southpaw stance and gritty determination i think Frampton might struggle to grind him down here and if Molitor can get past the first 6 rounds unscathed i think this could be a very close fight. Ricky Burns v Kevin Mitchell 0.5pts Fight to end in a draw @ 29 StanJames 5pts Kevin Mitchell to win @ 2.5 Sportingbet A mouthwatering fight in prospect here and i really cannot wait for this one! Both fighters come in to this with great records (Burns: 34-2 Mitchell 33-1) and i'm expecting a tight one. Kevin Mitchell comes in to this knowing a win could once again propel his bid to become a world champion after his surprise loss to Michael Katsidis in a 3rd round Ko Mitchell has come through a few personal problems and looks to have come back even hungrier than before and wins against John Murray and Felix Lora have set up this fight nicely. Ricky Burns has also come through a few blips in his career with 2 losses earlier on in his career but has come back and proved himself to be one of the best fighters out there and really does have great enthusiasm. I think this fight could go all the way and i'm expecting a close finish.

Re: Boxing > September 14-30 Tonight's fight previews: 4pts K.Mitchell to beat R.Burns 6/4 Stan James Fights don’t get a lot more 50/50 than this I don’t think. Home advantage might just sway it Burns’ way but Mitchell went to Liverpool and fought John Murray and came away with the win so I’m not sure how much of an advantage that is. With the fight being so tight to call the value clearly lies with the Englishman who is still undefeated in his career when his preparation has been right. Mitchell looks to have sorted himself out now and I’ll trust him to get the job done here. I fancy a knockout could be a big price but I’ll play safe and take Mitchell on the nose. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/burns-vs-mitchell-betting-kevin-mitchell-can-fulfil-his-promise-and-take-the-world-title-from-ricky-burns-in-glasgow 3pts M.Perez to beat P.McCloskey 12/5 Ladbrokes I think Perez has to be some sort of value here. Clearly he isn’t the world’s best fighter but he’s game and is generally above average level. Paul McCloskey looked average last time out and that’s how I see him really. You’d probably expect him to win this fight but I wouldn’t say he’s any sort of certainty so I believe the value is in the American who can box with no expectation or pressure here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mccloskey-vs-perez-betting-manuel-perez-looks-the-value-to-beat-mccloskey-in-belfast 3pts C.Frampton to beat S.Molitor on points 5/2 Skybet I guess this fight boils down to how good you think the Jackal is. I personally think he’s very good and I expect him to show that in this fight. I think Molitor has enough experience that he won’t get taken into a tear up or anything but I see Frampton hanging in there early in the fight and then dominating the later rounds when Molitor tires to pick up a wide points decision. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/frampton-vs-molitor-betting-carl-frampton-can-pick-up-a-points-win-over-former-world-champion

Couple here for tonight: Carl Frampton v Steve Molitor 2pts Molitor to win by decision or technical decision @ 9 StanJames Carl Frampton has really impressed in his first 14 fights, winning them all and 9 by KO. The bookies are right behind a Frampton win tonight and so are the fans and rightly so, but i can see some value in backing Molitor to take this all the way and maybe even pulling off a shock victory. Molitor has been around the block and at 32, he's had 35 fights with 33 wins with only 12 of them won by KO. Molitor will know he's coming in to this as the outsider and has nothing to lose, but with his Southpaw stance and gritty determination i think Frampton might struggle to grind him down here and if Molitor can get past the first 6 rounds unscathed i think this could be a very close fight. Ricky Burns v Kevin Mitchell 0.5pts Fight to end in a draw @ 29 StanJames 5pts Kevin Mitchell to win @ 2.5 Sportingbet A mouthwatering fight in prospect here and i really cannot wait for this one! Both fighters come in to this with great records (Burns: 34-2 Mitchell 33-1) and i'm expecting a tight one. Kevin Mitchell comes in to this knowing a win could once again propel his bid to become a world champion after his surprise loss to Michael Katsidis in a 3rd round Ko Mitchell has come through a few personal problems and looks to have come back even hungrier than before and wins against John Murray and Felix Lora have set up this fight nicely. Ricky Burns has also come through a few blips in his career with 2 losses earlier on in his career but has come back and proved himself to be one of the best fighters out there and really does have great enthusiasm. I think this fight could go all the way and i'm expecting a close finish.
Really dissapointed with Mitchell here thought he'd be alot more aggressive in the first few rounds. As for Frampton he does look a great prospect was a good win for him. 2012 Boxing Record: 3-5 (+53)