** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL: Week Two Picks

AGurv

NFL 2012-2013 Overall 2W-5L -3.50 units (28.57%) Someone predicted I would go 2-5 last week...good call...lets hope I can bounce back Packers -6.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I'm not sure that if the NFL had its regular refs in that the game last week against the 49ers wouldnt have ended in a different result. @ GB, I expect this to be a competitive game by GB ends up winning by 10. I think people will read too much into the Bears crushing the Colts and the Packers losing to the 9ers...

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks 4/10pts Bears (+6 points) to beat Packers - 10/11 with Bet365 I was impressed by the Bears when I saw them last week and think this line is a little high. I thought Forte, Marshall and Bush were brilliant and when Cutler started to put the squeeze on the Colts in that 1st half they looked unstoppable. Yes, Cutler had a shaky start but he recovered from that well. Chicago definitely took their foot off the gas when they had the game in the bag so i'm not reading a great deal in to that period in the 2nd half when the Colts tried to take control. I saw a little of the Packers game the other night and thought their defence was nothing short of average. Rodgers is obviously still a big time player but if he isn't on top of his game again Cutler and his support will take the side apart. With the form of Cutler and the 3 previously mentioned Bears coming in to this, and the pressure on Green Bay to perform already, I think the Bears could cover this handicap and may even sneak the win. Even though this is a step up from facing the Colts, I'll take them plus a few points.

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks 4pts Chicago (+6) to beat Green Bay 10/11 William Hill I think this could turn into a bit of a shootout but I’m of the thinking that if it does I’d rather have the better defence on my side than the better offense. The Packers have the better offense without a doubt but the Bears offense is more than capable whereas the Bears defence looks a lot stronger than Green Bay’s and that could be the difference in the match itself. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Bears won this match outright but it would be foolish not to have the 6pt start Chicago are getting on our side as this is primetime in Lambeau Field after all. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chicago--green-bay-betting-chicago-s-defence-could-be-the-key-to-success-at-lambeau-field

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Taking an early one incase the price goes. 3/10pts Ravens to beat Eagles - 6/5 with Coral I think the clear value is with the Ravens here after the starts that both teams had. Philadelphia could easily have lost their first game as their QB struggled for periods and in the end only pulled out a 1 point win. They are at home for this game but that hardly inspires confidence because they lost 6 of their 8 matches on home soil last term. They will obviously have the majority of the support but have hardly started the season well and that support could go quiet should Flacco get the Ravens moving. I watched Baltimore last week and was very impressed with their 'no huddle' plays. Flacco controlled the game from start to finish and that was with Rice looking as though he had another couple of gears to go through. Pitta and Boldin had good games, too. Baltimore recorded a few wins on the road last season and will have real hopes of reaching the Super Bowl this time. I think they're more than capable of taking another step towards that here.

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Green Bay -5.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Green Bay let themselves down last week against San Francisco, as they were outmatched on both sides of the ball. Like them to bounce back here as they face Chicago in a division game with huge bearing for them. Jennings is doubtful but they have plenty of options at WR. The real problem is at running back as Benson did little last week, while Rodgers ran for more yards on less carries. However with Chicago's CB Tillman doubtful, and LB Urlacher carrying an injury, then Rodgers may have more opportunity to find his receivers here. With the quick turnaround, then interesting to see if Chicago's secondary can adapt to Rodgers firing away, as the Chicago pass rush is not as good as San Fran's while they did also allow Luck from the Colts to pass for 309 (with 1 TD and 3 INT). The Bears offence was impressive against the Colts as the additions of WR Marshall and RB Bush made a big difference in them moving the ball. Cutler had 333 passing yards with 2 TDs and an INT, but he is a hit -or-miss type of QB and either has a very good game or a bad one. The Packers have managed 5 INTs in his last 3 games against them, and though Marshall may give him a good target, he still likes to risk those low percentage passes. Believe the Packers defence will be much better here against their divisional rival, and like them to do a much better job here. While they still may give up points, doubt that the Bears can keep up with the Packers offence is both Tillman and Urlacher are out. Record: 6-3 (+5.60)

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Jermichael Finley Over 62.5 Receiving Yards @ 1.87 Lux Last season the Bears didn't do a great job defending Tight Ends and Finley had a good game with 80 yards and 3 TDs in their first meeting last year. He also racked up 115 yards in the first game these sides played in 2010 and with Jennings likely out I like Rodgers to look his way often. Finley had 11 targets and 7 catches last week and though he wouldn't have covered this line, the Bears D isn't as strong as SF and again, with no/limited Jennings this week I think Finley will cover this well over half the time.

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Packers (-10.5) 1pt @ 2.68 Paddy Power I think a combination of Aaron Rodgers and the GB OL can see the Packers bounce back from their Week 1 defeat with some ease tonight. The Bears beat Indy easily, but the Colts were 2-14 last season so there was no big surprise there. The Pack lost of course, but they did so to last season's NFC runners-up, San Fran. This week's match up represents a big step up in class for the Bears, whilst they themselves couldn't be rated as strong as the 49ers. The Pack's DL can get through the Bears' OL and put some real pressure on Cutler tonight. His recent injury proneness - missing the ends of the last 2 seasons - can see Cutler making hurried less than optimal decisions in the face of the pressure he is put under. I can see Cutler taking 4/5 sacks tonight, and serving up a couple of INTs along the way. Every time Rodgers is on the field it's a danger for the opposition, and he gets plenty drives tonight to push the Packers out to a decent score. Once behind the Bears are going to have to lean on their Passing game, and thus increase the possibility of turnovers. I see GB bouncing back with a 37-20 type win in front of the Lambeau faithful 2012 record: 3-6 (-2.33)

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks I’m a bit surprised a lot of you in here seem to fancy the Packers tonight. Yes they will be hurting after their loss at the weekend and will be desperate to bounce back, but logically the bears are the better team here and I sense it’s a good time for them to come to Lambeau. I thought before this season started that the Bears would have a good chance of taking the NFC north anyway, the acquisition of Marshall was huge for them and he gives their pass offence a totally different dimension. The ground game looks even stronger too this year with Bush putting less pressure on Forte to do all the work. I watched the Packers-49ers on Sunday and I’ve got to say the Packers defence were making Alex Smith look like an elite quarterback! He was making a lot of throws and considering that their receiving corps are average at best then this does not bode well for GB. Seriously, it was like a knife through butter and I was stunned how bad the Packers were against the pass. They weren’t a lot better facing the run either so Chicago should have all sorts of fun on offence tonight. The only real hope GB have is turnovers, try to get to Cutler and for him to throw picks. The Packers will still be a formidable passing force tonight even without Jennings. But they lack balance and Benson wont get much done on the ground, especially as the Bears are usually a formidable unit against the run. Once more, I see the Packers forced into one dimensional attack here. This might come off, Rogers is seriously quality but I wouldn’t be surprised if he threw an interception or two either. All in all I see Chigaco as the team who possess a far far better defence at the moment which has to mean something. They aren’t too far behind GB on offence either and they certainly have the more balanced of attacks in their favour. Home advantage means something, especially at Lambeau but the Bears wont get a better opportunity than right now to beat their divisional rivals on the road. Part of me even thinks there’s a decent chance that the visitors might win this by 10 or more, but this is a divisional game and is usually close so a realistic assessment is that somebody wins it by less than 5pts. Bears ML @ 3.0 2/10 Bears +5.5 @ 1.87 5/10

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks

How many of those 10 games have been against Michael Vick :D
Exactly. I really can't read anything into that statistic, what does it really mean? Here and now is what is more important not past records. In terms of the Ravens - Philly game I am very confident that the Ravens will win. This is a perfect match up for them really. Michael Vick looked absolutely horrendous against the browns and was throwing picks left right and centre! The Ravens defence will absolutely gobble him up IMO and could have all sorts of fun. There's no point them turning to McCoy on the ground either because the Ravens are renowned as hard to penetrate in that way. Only the Philly defence can keep them in this match IMO. If they can have a really good game and force turnovers then they'll have half a sniff. Otherwise I just cant see how Philly will get the job done here, its a terrible match up for them. They should have probably LOST to one of the worst teams in the league last week and need a huge dramatic improvement which will be hard to find so quickly.

awful lot of stuff in here i dont understand..... san franciscos pass rush better than the bears, the niners averaged a hair over half a sack per gane over the 2011 season green bays offensive line is way better than chicagos.....chicago allowed 0.5 sacks per game and approximately one hit per game more than the packers last year. both urlacher and tillman will play in this game it feels inconceivable to me that the packers could start out 0-2 with a home-home start but its a very real possibility. i watched both teams last week. chicago delivered everything i expected of them last week and it woukd be easy to get carried away until we remember that they were home to a rookie qb and playing a defense that is among the worst in the NFL. Green bay looked out of sync offensively and the short week will certainly be a disadvantage in that respect. the loss of jennings for the game (rated 50/50 by adam schefter) actually will not hurt them that much as chicago do not give up big plays and prefer to keep the ball in front of them in their cover 2 scheme. look potentially for big ganes from randall cobb and jermichael finley from the packers receivers. cedric benson is also likely to be highly motivated against a former team. chicago with the upgraded weapons at receiver with jay cutlers favourite toy brandon marshall and the exciting rookie alshon jeffrey look to me to finally have the weapons for jay cutler to fulfill his promise at qb and deliver on his talent at last. the bears also have a dedense that can play to the weaknesses in green bay that have been exposed at the back end of last season ans the start of this year. with a good pass rush and enough players dropped back to cover the receivers green bays inability to run and offensive line weaknesses leave them horribly exposed the lack of a run game leaves them unable to put a game to bed where the bears have forte and bush and will be able to churn the clock with a lead late i dont want to get carried away by week one but coming into the year i felt these were the two best teams in the NFC and were both top three in the entire league. i have to take the points chicago +5.5 20/21 sportingbet chicago to beat green bay 21/10 betfred jermichael finley to score 2+ tds 7/1 skybet brandon marshall to score first td 8/1 paddy power and yes i am a bears fan for anyone that wondered ;) Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

awful lot of stuff in here i dont understand..... san franciscos pass rush better than the bears, the niners averaged a hair over half a sack per gane over the 2011 season green bays offensive line is way better than chicagos.....chicago allowed 0.5 sacks per game and approximately one hit per game more than the packers last year. both urlacher and tillman will play in this game it feels inconceivable to me that the packers could start out 0-2 with a home-home start but its a very real possibility. i watched both teams last week. chicago delivered everything i expected of them last week and it woukd be easy to get carried away until we remember that they were home to a rookie qb and playing a defense that is among the worst in the NFL. Green bay looked out of sync offensively and the short week will certainly be a disadvantage in that respect. the loss of jennings for the game (rated 50/50 by adam schefter) actually will not hurt them that much as chicago do not give up big plays and prefer to keep the ball in front of them in their cover 2 scheme. look potentially for big ganes from randall cobb and jermichael finley from the packers receivers. cedric benson is also likely to be highly motivated against a former team. chicago with the upgraded weapons at receiver with jay cutlers favourite toy brandon marshall and the exciting rookie alshon jeffrey look to me to finally have the weapons for jay cutler to fulfill his promise at qb and deliver on his talent at last. the bears also have a dedense that can play to the weaknesses in green bay that have been exposed at the back end of last season ans the start of this year. with a good pass rush and enough players dropped back to cover the receivers green bays inability to run and offensive line weaknesses leave them horribly exposed the lack of a run game leaves them unable to put a game to bed where the bears have forte and bush and will be able to churn the clock with a lead late i dont want to get carried away by week one but coming into the year i felt these were the two best teams in the NFC and were both top three in the entire league. i have to take the points chicago +5.5 20/21 sportingbet chicago to beat green bay 21/10 betfred jermichael finley to score 2+ tds 7/1 skybet brandon marshall to score first td 8/1 paddy power and yes i am a bears fan for anyone that wondered ;) Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
urgh way off 0-4 (-4.00)

Packers (-10.5) 1pt @ 2.68 Paddy Power I think a combination of Aaron Rodgers and the GB OL can see the Packers bounce back from their Week 1 defeat with some ease tonight. The Bears beat Indy easily, but the Colts were 2-14 last season so there was no big surprise there. The Pack lost of course, but they did so to last season's NFC runners-up, San Fran. This week's match up represents a big step up in class for the Bears, whilst they themselves couldn't be rated as strong as the 49ers. The Pack's DL can get through the Bears' OL and put some real pressure on Cutler tonight. His recent injury proneness - missing the ends of the last 2 seasons - can see Cutler making hurried less than optimal decisions in the face of the pressure he is put under. I can see Cutler taking 4/5 sacks tonight, and serving up a couple of INTs along the way. Every time Rodgers is on the field it's a danger for the opposition, and he gets plenty drives tonight to push the Packers out to a decent score. Once behind the Bears are going to have to lean on their Passing game, and thus increase the possibility of turnovers. I see GB bouncing back with a 37-20 type win in front of the Lambeau faithful 2012 record: 3-6 (-2.33)
Spot on here the packers were alot better this week :clap

Packers (-10.5) 1pt @ 2.68 Paddy Power I think a combination of Aaron Rodgers and the GB OL [meant DL here, as...] can see the Packers bounce back from their Week 1 defeat with some ease tonight. The Bears beat Indy easily, but the Colts were 2-14 last season so there was no big surprise there. The Pack lost of course, but they did so to last season's NFC runners-up, San Fran. This week's match up represents a big step up in class for the Bears, whilst they themselves couldn't be rated as strong as the 49ers. [...explained why here] The Pack's DL can get through the Bears' OL and put some real pressure on Cutler tonight. His recent injury proneness - missing the ends of the last 2 seasons - can see Cutler making hurried less than optimal decisions in the face of the pressure he is put under. I can see Cutler taking 4/5 sacks tonight, and serving up a couple of INTs along the way. Every time Rodgers is on the field it's a danger for the opposition, and he gets plenty drives tonight to push the Packers out to a decent score. Once behind the Bears are going to have to lean on their Passing game, and thus increase the possibility of turnovers. I see GB bouncing back with a 37-20 type win in front of the Lambeau faithful
GB were nowhere near as potent offensively as I suggested, but on the flip side the DL exceeded even my hopes for them and Cutler barely had a moment to himself. 7 sacks, 4 picks, and numerous hurries and hits, and he made the hurried decisions that were hoped for. 2012 record: 4-6 (-0.65)

cincinnati bengals (-6.5) to beat cleveland bet365 the bengals come into this game off a short week and an absolute thumping by division rival baltimore where they were made to look pretty inept on defense particularly on play action passes. I believe they were pretty much saying to the ravens in that game that they wouldnt let ray rice beat them and joe flacco would have to get it done and beat them he did. The positive for the bengals coming into this game is that trent richardson is not ray rice and brandon weeden is certainly not joe flacco. cleveland somehow managed to lose to the eagles in a game most teams would win. it is a quite remarkable feat to receive the number of turnovers they did and lose. brandon weeden struggled in a big way and i could be wrong but my belief is the bengals defense is a good unit and weeden will struggle again.....and based on the philly game even if his receivers get open he will miss them anyway. add in the browns d line injuries and the suspension of cb joe haden easily the best player of the unit i cannot see what is a fundamentally bad browns team taking anything from this game and like the bengals to cover the spread Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I am pretty confident the Ravens will lose' date=' but it looks so obvious to me I cant avoid it. I know that makes no sense lol[/quote'] i am with you. they did exactly the same last year. looked great week one and laid an egg a week later. short week too and philly cant be that bad again surely lol Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i am with you. they did exactly the same last year. looked great week one and laid an egg a week later. short week too and philly cant be that bad again surely lol Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
too bad I bet them anyway...I am weak Really not liking too much this week 49ers -6.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes This really has more to do with the Lions rather then the 9ers. Just after seeing a bit of this team last week not really thinking that they are gonna have all that great of a season. 49ers defense can contain them as best as they can, and the Lions defense will give up some scores. Expect the 49ers to win by DD's Bronco's +3 (even) to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes In Peyton Manning, in primetime, I trust.

I am pretty confident the Ravens will lose' date=' but it looks so obvious to me I cant avoid it. I know that makes no sense lol[/quote'] I'm on the same boat. I really hate Andy Reid, think he's the worst coach in the NFL and try to avoid betting on Eagles games, but this week I couldn't stop myself from betting on the Ravens. Anyway, NY Jets @ Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh -5, @2.00 (Marathon), (2/10 points) I think this is a overreaction to week 1 results. The Jets were the laughing-stock in the NFL and now they're play-off bound?. They just beat the Bills and have still a lot to prove. Revis will be out, and TE Keller and OLB Thomas too. The Steelers didn't look bad in Denver, they controlled the tempo of the game and Roethlisberger looked good under pressure and in 3rd downs. Harrison and Polamalu will be out too, but I think Pittsburgh is the better team here and playing in Heinz Field the line should be nearer the TD.

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Jets/Steelers (Over 47pts) 1pt @ 2.56 Bet365 Harrison is still out for Pitt, Revis out for the Jets, Polamalu highly questionable after missing practice all week - that's some weakened defenses there, and a line of just 42 for those who play the straight 10/11 shots looks really rather low this week. I was torn between over 46.5 (2.43), 47 (2.56) and 47.5 (2.61) but think the greater value lies with the >47 line. History suggests there's definite risks attached to this bet - you have to go back to 1986 for a Jets/Steelers game that would have covered the 47pt line, but in this new Passing era of NFL, and with both teams potentially missing their main man on the D side of the ball, I think there's definite potential at the 2.56 odds.

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Saints (-6.5) 1pt @ 2.55 Bet365 The Saints were the victims of the biggest shock in week 1, but their high octane offense should still have more than enough to comfortably overcome a Panthers side who were lacklustre in Tampa Bay in week 1. With Cam Newton apparently under orders to protect himself more by not looking for so many yards under his own steam, that has taken away what was a huge part of last season's Panthers offense. If this strategy is to continue tomorrow then I'm confident that Brees and the Saints can emulate the Packers and comfortably turn their 0-1 start into a 1-1 start. Bengals (-13.5) 1pt @ 2.65 Bet365 Can't argue with Dan's assessment above. A Browns' offense with it's 2 main parts - Weeden and Richardson - both rookies, and a defense shorn of it's #1 CB Joe Haden - I just don't see where their points are going to come from, nor how they're going to stop AJ Green. Sheldon Brown will take over the duties in covering Green, and he left last week's game with a stinger so it's doubtful he will be 100% fit either. So long as Dalton doesn't toss the Browns the ball as often as Vick did last week then all I can see is a comfortable win for the tigers.

minnesota vikings v indianapolis colts over 44 points 10/11 stan james i can pretty much see myself taking the over in every colts game this year. Their offense moved the ball pretty well last week against a bears unit that is pretty good and was the only bright spot in their capitulation at lambeau on thursday night. It is certainly a superior unit all round to what the vikings will offer and the colts defense could be the worst in the league they have a great pass rush and not much else and when the staple diet of the vikings offense is adrian peterson and short passes to harvin to rack up some yac they can counteract the effectiveness of the colts d. Ponder was also pretty reasonable against the jags last week and i see no reason why this cannot go over the points. fingers crosses i need it!! may yet post the dolphins (must be mad) and a play in the skins/rams and cowboys/hawks games. am disappointed i missed tampa +9.5 earlier in the week and will leave it alone at +7. lots of the lines seem around the right area this week Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NFL: Week Two Picks Cincinatti - Cleveland Cinci -7. Clevelands main man on the D Joe Hayden is suspended for this game and his replacemement Sheldon Brown is still not 100% so i fully expect AJ Green to have a monster game and as long as Dalton doesnt throw 4 picks like Vick did last week then this should be a double digit victory for the tigers. 3u Cinci -7 @ 1.9 SF49ers - Detroit SF - 7. San Francisco went into Lanbeau Field last week scoring a massive 30 points and restricting the best Offense in the game to 22 points. This week they are up against another explosive offense in Stafford and Calvin Johnson but on home turf you have to think that SF will be able to cope with it like they did with Rodgers Jennings Nelson last week and with the weakness that Detroit have in defending both the rush and the pass then maybe this is the game that Randy Moss makes his mark and expect Frank Gore to bulldoze his way through the middle. Expect another double digit victory for the 9ers. 3u SF -7. @ 1.9 Pitts - NYJ Under 42 points. Both teams showed last week that they are capable of shipping big points , add to that that Revis and Polamolu will both be absent for todays game which will allow for big plays on both sides and a rejuvenated Mark Sanchez spurred on by the knowledge that should he mess up then Tim Tebow is there ready to take over the play calling then this game has the potential to go at least 50+ on the points. 3u Over 42 points @ 1.8 1u Over 49 points @ 2.9 Mia - Oak Oakland -3. Miami are already being touted as the wooden spoon team for this season , a rookie QB that can not seem to throw the ball in the channels , no threats at wideout and only Reggie Bush as a real scoring threat then if you can stop Bush you can look forward to having a lot of the ball. In Darren McFadden , Oakland have one of the best backs in the league who , after watching Arian Foster destroying Miami last week will be licking his chops in anticipation, expect him to go for 100 yards and a few scores and with steady if unspectacular options at wideout will have way too much for the fins. 3u Oakland -3 @ 1.9 1u Oakland -9 @ 2.9 SF-7 , Oak -3 , Jets U42 , Cinci-7 Acca @ 12.75 1u Money Line KC , BAL , OAK , DEN 0.5u @ 23s ML Picks 3-1 Profit - 0.35 Spread Picks 3-1 Profit + 1.7 Total 6-2 + 1.35