Flat racing Monday 10th September

In here :ok 17.20 Bath Presto Volante @ 10/1 Bet 365 EW Surprised to see Amanda Perrett's runner at 10/1 here, as I have this horse a lot shorter off a career low mark of 61. Has clearly had problems since starting his career off 68 and came back with promise at Salisbury after a 2 year absence. Considering the trip was too short, and it was his first run of the year, I was hopeful last time out at Windsor. However, he seemed to bounce that day stepping up in trip and couldn't ever get into contention. Steps up in trip again today though to 1m 5f which looks as if it will suit him down to the ground. Jim Crowley takes over and in this relatively weak Maiden Handicap, I'd rather side with Presto Volante than some of the shorter priced runners who have similar question marks. The one thing I'm certain of, is that if he does improve for the step up in trip, he will certainly be winning off this mark.

Re: Flat racing Monday 10th September *Sputnik Sweetheart - Bath 2:20* A reproduction of it's Brighton run in May where it hosed up would be sufficient here. Ran well behind Baheeja last time out when 3rd at Folkestone suggesting it was back to form. That was a Class 4 and tomorrow drops into Class 5 company which could do the trick. Hannon is in cracking form with 2 of his last 3 runners winning, one of those a top race at the Curragh, Hughes is back on board this horse which is a huge plus. When Hughes rides or Hannon at Bath, the figures are 22 winners from 101 rides, producing a profit of +£19.59 to level stakes. 3 of the last 6 have been winners. *1 Point WIN @ 10/3 VC BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.