** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Saturday 8th September

Lodge

16.45 - Kempton - Rawaki @ 9/2 BetVictor Lightly raced 4yo who won on his only AW start which was his debut. Has since ran very respectively in 3 handicaps since in better company than he is taking on today, the last of those starts at Ascot in July. Was due to race last month and was very heavily backed before playing up in the stalls and being withdrawn. Should be able to make up for that tomorrow from his nice draw. Yard in super form and have good record at the track

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September Ascot 415 - Azheemah 14/1 EW Bet365 BOG Not sure why I have decided to put up a bet in probably the most competitive race of the day, but hey ho! I have liked the look of this horse for a while and think it has a decent chance of nicking at least a place tomorrow. He has work to do with the likes of Sun Central (who beat him by 1L LTO) and Ghospel Choir who looks a decent animal but at the prices, and to an extent at the weights, I think this horse represents a little value. He finished strongly last time out and if Barzalona gives him a canny ride and releases his mount at the right time, then I think this horse could surprise a few people.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September A3.10 Zaina 0.5pt E/W 25/1 Betvictor Low drawn horses could be favoured here and stall 2 of will do nicely. The trainer has had a poor season by his standards but it looks like he's turned the corner now and this one has dropped to a very nice mark with top 5lb claimer Egan taking the ride for the first time so it could be really well in especially since it's lightly raced and the form of its maiden win looks pretty good. Definitely overpriced in my opinion and 25/1 looks a really decent e/w price.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 1525 haydock 1pt win ortensia 5/2 bet vic going for a 3 timer, this austrailian horse ticks all the boxes, the way it finished last time out was nothing short of fantastic, and the extra furlong should pose no problem as she wasnt stopping then, onl concern is the lead up to the race, but if young buick can get her settled, he has in the last two, then hopefully she can win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 350 stratford monte cavallo 4/1PP tony mccoy and rebecca curtis team up again after the 315 on one term and it really should be the second winner in a row for them with the progressive monte cavallo. a wide margin winner at prohibitive odds at bangor last time out, though still very inexperienced he shows plenty of promise and when mccoy and curtis are backed it pays to follow them in.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September

350 stratford monte cavallo 4/1PP tony mccoy and rebecca curtis team up again after the 315 on one term and it really should be the second winner in a row for them with the progressive monte cavallo. a wide margin winner at prohibitive odds at bangor last time out, though still very inexperienced he shows plenty of promise and when mccoy and curtis are backed it pays to follow them in.
also dont see september competition so BH il post them here as im away early tmara 315 stratford one term 350 stratford monte cavallo4/1 PP 420 stratford allerford jack 11/2 boyles reserves 410 ltown battle of marengo 2/1 PP

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 4:15 Ascot: Harvard N Yale 1pt win 20/1 Bet365 A wide open handicap, however Harvard N Yale looks interesting. Reading through the stories in the Racing Post he was being trained for a shot at the Kentucky Derby. That did not pan out yet it illustrates how highly Harvard N Yale was thought of. Going back through his form he also beat Gospel Choir off levels at Newmarket last year. It would be wrong to read too much in to that as it was Gospel Choir's debut, and he has improved significantly since. However with Darren Egan taking a handy five off Harvard N Yale gets a decent pull from favourite Gospel Choir and after a belated pipe opener Harvard N Yale could go well here at a price.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 3.25 Haydock Wizz Kid - things conspired against her in the Kings Stand as she didnt travel well, the ground dried out, the front runner she hoped to follow (Masamah) was pulled out during loading, and she ultimately flopped. Showed some smart sprint form at Pattern level in the past and no surprise to see him bounce back. 12/1 Stan James, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 3.30 THIRSK MON BRAV @ 10/1 BET365 BOG Backed this yesterday as I thought it was around a winning mark and it would have gone really close but for being hampered at the 1f mark, I immediately said I wanted to be on it next time (not expecting it being out so soon). This one has a great record at Thirsk with 2 wins and a third from 4 runs. Money for it already 16s - 10s with VC.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 3.10 Ascot - 1pt win Diala @ 8/1 (Bet365) William Haggas' filly has disappointed punters of late, having been sent off favourite on her last three starts. However, despite not being able to repay the faith, lots of the reasons why have not been down to her. She's been unlucky since returning in the Guineas and fingers crossed things will go her way this afternoon. Having dropped out at Newmarket in the classic race, she was badly hampered at Warwick, losing her place badly before plugging on again. She had no chance of getting involved and it was a race to put behind her. She again was messed around with at Ascot next time - taking a keen hold and also didn't have much room up the rail initially. She did make some quite nice progress before being hampered slightly and ended up staying on into 4th. She clearly wants a strong gallop to run at and she should get that today in this field where there looks sufficient pace and enough runners. I think there is quite a lot of deadwood in the race and this filly deserves to get her head in front. The hood is on for the first time today on the back of a slightly disappointing run at Newmarket but again, they didn't go much of a gallop and then they quickened from the front (often pays to be handy on the July Course) which didn't suit. I also feel she'll be better on the flatter track here. Still, the race looked a solid one with horses bringing form to the table and the only runner to come out and go again since has franked the form. If she gets some cover and a proper gallop to run at I think the cards will fall into place and she can win this.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September Haydock 3.25 - Strong Suit 1pts win 6/1 Bet365 A top sprint and Ortensia will be hard to beat given how she has won her previous two but I'm siding with Strong Suit to take the win today. Should really have won the Hungerford where Moore acted a bit too late imo allowing Lethal Force to hang on but the run was a good effort and looked an unlucky loser and Im sure he was the best horse in that race even though it shows a second next to his name. The ground should be fast enough for him and the step down in trip will be fine I just think he has real class and hopefully can prevail in this field.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 350 Str: Star In Flight EW (14/1 Bet365) Thought this was quite a useful novice last season and was aimed quite high later on in the season without success. Ran twice so far this year and we can forget his last run when tired in the mud at Cartmel. Will appreciate this ground and this track as he likes to front run and is possible a short runner so may get away with it here at Stratford which is quite sharp. Seems a decent enough price for a yard who can target these valuable early season handicaps and is worth an interest although the race is very competitive.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 15.15 Haydock: Face The Problem @ 11/2 William Hill Face The Problem is very much a fresh horse as he had only two starts this year so far and he looked in fantastic form since his seasonal reappearance three weeks ago as he won after an absence of almost one year a good sprint handicap at Doncaster and confirmed his well-being with an excellent effort at Sandown last week when he was a clear run denied in a pretty messy race, yet he finished 2nd without being ridden out when he finally got some daylight. With this two runs under his belt he should be much fitter now anyway and his mark went just 1lb up for last weeks performance so I think he'll be very competitive in this race here today.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 3.05 Kempton - Nazreef A competitive handicap but Nazreef should perform well on his return to A/W after two disappointing rides over turf. He's won 2 of his last 3 over A/W, including a comfortable victory in a highly competitive handicap over C&D at Kempton 3 months back. Of his 8 career wins, 7 have come over the A/W and 4 of those wins have come straight after a couple of turf races. So, on his return to A/W, he should certainly be up there today and if he can over come the bad draw, he's a likely winner. 1pt win @ 16/1 PP

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September Leop 4.40 - Duntle - win at 9/2 bog PP Steps up to group one company today after winning a Listed handicap at Royal Ascot and a group 3 last time out Should be better than that G3 win which was on unsuitable soft ground, todays conditions should be more to her liking Main danger is probably last years winner, Emulous, who has to come back from running a bit of a stinker at Royal Ascot Ishvana looks the main 3 year old threat having won the Jersey at Ascot but she seems better at 7 furlongs

A3.10 Zaina 0.5pt E/W 25/1 Betvictor Low drawn horses could be favoured here and stall 2 of will do nicely. The trainer has had a poor season by his standards but it looks like he's turned the corner now and this one has dropped to a very nice mark with top 5lb claimer Egan taking the ride for the first time so it could be really well in especially since it's lightly raced and the form of its maiden win looks pretty good. Definitely overpriced in my opinion and 25/1 looks a really decent e/w price.
Non runner so I'd like this one please T3.30 Bunce 0.5pt E/W 18/1 Stan James I had a nice winner at Thirsk last month when siding with the usual strong bias towards high drawn horses and this one fits the bill with a draw of 17. The trainer has been using this 7lb claimer to good effect this season and the horse has won off a 6lb higher mark in the past without a claimer on board so clearly has the ability to win off this mark. The trainer applies a tongue strap for the first time (he's only has the horse for 2 runs) so perhaps he's picked up on something which might bring about further improvement.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September Haydock 4.00 Address Unknown 12-1 Stan James This gelding still looks to be on the upgrade and can be forgiven his latest outing at Chester where he failed to beat inferior opposition as the short straight didn't help him at all that day and he was unable to quicken sufficiently. Prior to that he put up a taking performance to win at Ascot in a much better race and I feel the track and opposition are much more suitable today. I'm confident that the price is much too big

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September *Peadar Miguel - Wolverhampton 9:00* Too big a price here for this Irish raider. Runs off it's last winning handicap mark of 65 today and a change of stable could do the trick for this horse, was previously with the Quinlan crew. Loughnane has a very good record at Wolverhampton, 11 winners from 97 runners, a profit of +£20.83 to level stakes. Mark Coumbe has had 2 winners for him from 15 rides, and 33/1 looks way too big for a potential improver for a new stable. *0.5 Points e/w @ 33/1 Bet365 BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 5.20 Kempton Interesting first division of a decent handicap. Most of those at the top of the weights have something to prove and are badly out of sorts at present and can only be watched. Usain Colt has only had 5 starts and makes AW debut today but signs of a temperament a worry at the moment. Golden Tempests 2 wins have come around here and slightly better last time out when ridden more forward than normal. Has dropped to 4lb below last winning mark but this is competitive and more needed to win despite handicappers leniency. Idler won on penultimate start over 6f on fast ground, unable to back that up last time out under a penalty on soft ground and over todays extra furlong. Blew start and will be unable to do that here neither from a low draw and next to Shifting Star another front runner. Cantal is an obvious favourite with just the 4 runs to date with 2 placed efforts this summer, they weren’t the most breathtaking runs but she is bred to be a lot better than a 79 rated horse. My worry would be the presence of other front runners in this field making this more of a test than perhaps she requires and doesn’t look to a safe bet at the prices. Ocean Legend is a regular around here with 6 wins around here from 31 starts, and all of his 8 wins are on the polytrack so last time outs 2nd at Bath is a very good run, he has dropped to his last AW winning mark of 77 today and if in the same form could well get the race run to suit to go well with plenty of pace in the race! 1pt win Ocean Legend 6/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September Haydock 4.00 Address Unknown 12-1 Stan James 0.5pt EW Agree with the above. His best run was over this ground and distance at Ascot a couple of runs back in a class 2. Spencer on board, which is a very positive booking. Overpriced and should be placed at least. Great fit on the stats (from Geegeez.com)....... 4.00 – Betfred Mobile Lotto Old Borough Cup (Handicap) (CLASS 2) (3yo+ 0-105) More4 1m6f 9/9 – Had won over 1m4f before 8/9 – Aged 3, 4 or 5 years-old 8/9 – Had run 4 or more times that season 8/9 – Had won at least twice before 8/9 – Finished 4th or better last time out 7/9 – Rated 90 to 101 7/9 – Drawn in stall 8 or higher 6/9 – Winning distance ¾ lengths or less 6/9 – Carried 9-0 or more 5/9 – Ran at Haydock before 4/9 – Winning favourites (1 joint) 4/9 – Had run over 1m6f before 4/9 – Ran at York last time out 3/9 – Trained by Mark Johnston 2/9 – Ridden by Joe Fanning The average winning SP in the last 9 years is 15/2

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 16.40 Leopardstown: Chachamaidee, 13/2 Boylesports, 1pt win Chachamaidee finished fourth of five lto in a group two but the ground was good to soft which didn't really suit. She still got within two lengths of the winner. Today's faster ground will suit a lot more and today's distance should be ok. She is probably better over 7f but she has won a listed race over a mile before and three starts ago she was beaten by a neck in a fillie's group two event. Trainer Henry Cecil sends just one runner over to Ireland. Jockey Tom Queally travels to Dublin for this one ride. He has a great record when riding older horses for Cecil, with a 26% strike rate and a level stakes profit of £22.90.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 3:15 Stratford - One Term - Back Won his last 2 and has an almighty chance here. Everything else in this race either lacks experience or has quirks or jumping problems but that cannot be said of One Term who is in the form of his life at the moment and is jumping sweetly and shoud complete the hat trick here 1pt win @ 4/9 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 4.35 Ascot Primaeval 1pt win @ 10/1 StanJames I fancy this horse to run a big race here, returning to fast ground at a track he has run well at in the past. I don't think this horse has finished improving and he showed at Goodwood that he isn't just an all weather horse by winning very comfortably off a mark of 92. Fanshawe is in decent nick at the moment and Baker takes the ride which is a plus. Should run a big race here.

Ascot 415 - Azheemah 14/1 EW Bet365 BOG Not sure why I have decided to put up a bet in probably the most competitive race of the day, but hey ho! I have liked the look of this horse for a while and think it has a decent chance of nicking at least a place tomorrow. He has work to do with the likes of Sun Central (who beat him by 1L LTO) and Ghospel Choir who looks a decent animal but at the prices, and to an extent at the weights, I think this horse represents a little value. He finished strongly last time out and if Barzalona gives him a canny ride and releases his mount at the right time, then I think this horse could surprise a few people.
Super winner mate. :ok

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September 9pm Kempton 'Wind Star' This horse travelled very well last time out, before finding a little bit of bother, then coming through to win easily. Alright, we ain't improving at this age but it's an in form horse against a favourite with doubts, worth a dip. 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 8th September Late ones;

*Peadar Miguel - Wolverhampton 9:00* Too big a price here for this Irish raider. Runs off it's last winning handicap mark of 65 today and a change of stable could do the trick for this horse, was previously with the Quinlan crew. Loughnane has a very good record at Wolverhampton, 11 winners from 97 runners, a profit of +£20.83 to level stakes. Mark Coumbe has had 2 winners for him from 15 rides, and 33/1 looks way too big for a potential improver for a new stable. *0.5 Points e/w @ 33/1 Bet365 BOG*
9pm Kempton 'Wind Star' This horse travelled very well last time out, before finding a little bit of bother, then coming through to win easily. Alright, we ain't improving at this age but it's an in form horse against a favourite with doubts, worth a dip. 1 pt win