** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UKPTC3 - 7-9 Sept

kevshat

The third UKPTC tournament is being played this weekend in Gloucester and it sees the return to action of Ronnie O'Sullivan. Selected matches can be watched on the various live streaming consoles which bookmakers have as per usual and most of the matches have already been priced up too which is good. Draw and format can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/ed/b7/0,,13165~178157,00.pdf

Re: UKPTC3 - 7-9 Sept Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Maguire to win UKPTC3 22/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Maguire won the first UKPTC tournament and was runner up in the second so he is in a lovely vein of form at the moment and must be full of confidence. It’s only been a matter of time before Stephen Maguire became a consistent tournament winner again and it looks like the penny has dropped finally. Maguire’s draw here is fair even though Mark Williams would need to be beaten before he made the quarter finals but with the form Maguire has been showing I think at 22/1 he looks a solid punt this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ukptc3-betting-stephen-maguire-can-follow-up-his-early-season-form-with-another-good-weekend-in-gloucester

Re: UKPTC3 - 7-9 Sept Going with four outrights this weekend. This one....

Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Maguire to win UKPTC3 22/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Maguire won the first UKPTC tournament and was runner up in the second so he is in a lovely vein of form at the moment and must be full of confidence. It’s only been a matter of time before Stephen Maguire became a consistent tournament winner again and it looks like the penny has dropped finally. Maguire’s draw here is fair even though Mark Williams would need to be beaten before he made the quarter finals but with the form Maguire has been showing I think at 22/1 he looks a solid punt this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ukptc3-betting-stephen-maguire-can-follow-up-his-early-season-form-with-another-good-weekend-in-gloucester
and..... 1pt ew M.Allen to win UKPTC3 22/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Mark Allen hasn't done much so far this season but we all know that he's a quality player and he won't go to a tournament without the intent to win the thing and with the bigger events looming on the horizon I would expect him to have practiced hard and be ready for them. If he's ready for them then he'll be ready for this weekend and he has a nice draw which he should be able to take advantage of if he is in any way in good nick. Only Mark Selby is a major name in his quarter so there's no reason why he shouldn't make the quarter final and although Selby is extremely consistent we saw in the Premier League on Thursday night that he's eminently beatable. 22/1 is a fair price for someone with Allen's talent and is worth taking here. 1pt ew M.Gould to win UKPTC3 40/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Martin Gould won the last UKPTC tournament and as I said in the Paul Hunter Classic he's often worth following when he's on song because he's the kind of player who plays very well in streaks. In that Paul Hunter Classic he was going very well before he ran into a flurry of scoring from an on fire Alfie Burden but I'm happy to ignore that because Burden is the kind of player who when he's on it can win four frames in 20 minutes. Gould has a bit of a tricky draw in that John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Neil Robertson are all in his section but he wouldn't face the latter two until the quarter final and Higgins hasn't shown much since he started his season recently. At 40/1 in a distance which Gould has shown in the last two years is perfect for him I think the Londoner is worth following. 1pt ew B.Hawkins to win UKPTC3 40/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) There is arguably no more form player on the snooker circuit than Barry Hawkins at the minute. Hawkins won the Australian Open a couple of months ago and made it to the semi finals of the Paul Hunter Classic a couple of weeks ago. In between that he was also a quarter finalist in the first UKPTC tournament so it is clear Hawkins has been putting the work in and his win in the Shootout last year has given him the belief that he can be a tournament winner and he's showing it. It may be that he's more comfortable against the bigger players over this sort of distance but in terms of real big players he's only got Shaun Murphy and Judd Trump in his section so with a fairly nice draw and the form he's in Hawkins has to be on anyone's list of players to back this weekend.

Re: UKPTC3 - 7-9 Sept Friday match preview: 4pts J.Swail to beat P.Suwannawat 11/10 Skybet Joe Swail could hardly be coming into this tournament in better form or with more confidence and I don’t believe he should be odds against in this match given the low morale and form of Suwannawat. Swail dropped off the tour after a bad couple of years but he showed in Germany a fortnight ago that he does still have the game and with a bit of pressure off him with a tour card almost secured for next year I expect Swail to enjoy the rest of the PTC’s starting with this one with a win in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/swail-vs-suwannawat-betting-joe-swail-can-build-on-his-confidence-boosting-run-in-germany-with-opening-win-in-ptc3