** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Tour Event 4 - German Darts Masters - Sept 7-9

kevshat

The fourth of the European Tour tournaments begins on Friday out in Stuttgart with 64 players again in the draw for the three day tournament. Sadly the tournament still isn't televised/streamed but all the bookmakers are pricing the matches and the outright market up which is good. Draw/Schedule can be found here: http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2874121,00.html

Re: European Tour Event 4 - German Darts Masters - Sept 7-9 Tournament preview: 2pts ew R.Barneveld to win German Darts Masters 11/1 BetVictor (1/2 1-2) The player I like this weekend though is Raymond Barneveld. He has already had his chances boosted by Phil Taylor pulling out of the tournament as they were due to meet in the quarter final. Barneveld has been in good form for most of 2012 and he won the last European Tour event in Dusseldorf, one of three events he has won this year. He looks to have a pretty nice route through to the semi final and by that time the tournament will be anyone’s so at 11/1 the Dutchman has my backing this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/european-tour-event-4-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-make-it-back-to-back-wins-in-germany

Re: European Tour Event 4 - German Darts Masters - Sept 7-9 Two outrights for me in this tournament. This one....

Tournament preview: 2pts ew R.Barneveld to win German Darts Masters 11/1 BetVictor (1/2 1-2) The player I like this weekend though is Raymond Barneveld. He has already had his chances boosted by Phil Taylor pulling out of the tournament as they were due to meet in the quarter final. Barneveld has been in good form for most of 2012 and he won the last European Tour event in Dusseldorf, one of three events he has won this year. He looks to have a pretty nice route through to the semi final and by that time the tournament will be anyone’s so at 11/1 the Dutchman has my backing this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/european-tour-event-4-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-make-it-back-to-back-wins-in-germany
and this one.... 1pt ew M.King to win German Darts Masters 28/1 William Hill (1/2 1-2) Mervyn King looks to be back playing near to how he was before he had all his elbow issues and the death of his father to deal with. He really should have taken Phil Taylor out of the Matchplay and nobody else really got close to Taylor that week which showed how good King was in that match. If he can take that form with him to Stuttgart this week he's going to be a very live danger over the weekend. King was a semi finalist in the previous European Tour event in Dusseldorf where he was denied by a pretty inspired Dave Chisnall. He won't have to face Chisnall until the final in this tournament but with no Taylor around King looks a good each way selection to me.

Re: European Tour Event 4 - German Darts Masters - Sept 7-9 Not a great start to the weekend with King losing a deciding leg but going to have my first few match bets tonight. First one in this post as it begins at 6.30 UK time. 3pts T.Temple to beat J.Part 5/2 Ladbrokes I think this price is quite big on the qualifier. John Part hasn't shown much in the way of form on the circuit since he made it to the quarter final of the World Championship and has already lost in the first round of two of the three European Tour events this season, one of them to Tomas Seyler who is nothing special as a player. Part did win a tournament in North American just before the Matchplay which he didn't qualify for but that hardly counts as good form. Terry Temple qualified for this tournament and in a UK Open qualifier earlier in the season he has a 6-5 win over Adrian Lewis on his record which isn't too shabby. With no pressure on him I think Temple is a good price to cause an upset given Part's shocking 2012 form since the World Championship and is worth a small bet.

Re: European Tour Event 4 - German Darts Masters - Sept 7-9 Nice start to the match betting with Temple winning 6-2. Two more for tonight. 3pts R.Robinson to beat C.Osborne 2/1 Bet365 This looks a big price too. Reece Robinson hasn't really done a huge amount on the full tour yet but he's pretty prolific in the junior tournaments which has given him a good grounding and some confidence to take into this tournament. Robinson beat Scott Rand in the qualifying for this tournament which is no mean effort so he has a bit of a pedigree in recent times. Colin Osborne hasn't pulled up any trees in recent times and could feel the pressure in this match as not only is he expected to win but he's playing a youngster who has no fear. We've seen all year with the likes of James Hubbard, Arron Monk and Jamie Lewis these youngsters coming through and beating the established players and there's no reason that can't happen again here. 3pts M.Walsh to beat D.Webster 15/8 Stan James Mark Walsh is another player who looks a little vulnerable to me here. He really hasn't produced the goods for a while and even though he took out Osborne at the World Matchplay there was nothing authoritative about it and he was soundly thumped in the next round as was to be expected. Darren Webster has been solid enough all year and has plenty of experience so the big stage isn't going to get to him. Webster beat a returning to form Alex Roy in qualifying for this tournament which was a good effort. Webster made the quarter final of a floor tournament not so long ago beating Dean Winstanley along the way so he's solid enough. Walsh has only made one QF since January which highlights his struggles and if his struggles continue this evening Webster's price will look a big one.