** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL: Week One Picks

AGurv

Re: NFL: Week One Picks

Chicago -9.5 @ 1.99 :) Tennessee - New England over 48.5 @ 2.03 :eyes Needed another 2 points. Three times in the red zone in the 4th quarter and each time they managed to only kick a FG and not get a TD Buffalo @ 2.40 :eyes Fitzpatrick had a shocker New Orleans - Washington over 51.5 @ 2.11 :) Houston -13.5 @ 1.94 :) Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.11 :eyes They will struggle without a run game, while their defence, which was supposed to be better, looked just as bad as last year
Baltimore -7.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Baltimore look to play a more expansive game with QB Flacco likely to get the opportunity to run the no huddle offence, and like him to cause plenty of confusion to the Bengals secondary. If not, then he can dump it off to Rice, and this guy has the power and speed to cut them up. Cincinnati possesses a very good defence, as they allowed 212 passing yards (ranked 10th) and 105 rushing yards per game (ranked 9th) so they are not that far behind the Ravens defence, but with some injuries there in the secondary, like Flacco to exploit this. Baltimore will once again rely on their defence to do the job for them, as they allowed 196 passing yards (ranked 4th) and 93 rushing yards (ranked 3rd) last year. However they have suffered a big loss for this game as Suggs is out, so that may take off some of the edge for them. The Bengals with QB Dalton back for his second year as their QB will look to find WR Green often, while the addition of Green- Ellis from NE gives them another good option at RB to move the ball. Still, this Ravens defence has done it all before and they are a very experienced side that expect them to get to Dalton, as there are some issues with their OL, which is not good for a team like the ravens that like to blitz often San Diego @ 2.03 pinnacle With RB Mathews out, then that should see QB Rivers air the ball even more so in this game, and expect him to do well, as last year they averaged 277 passing yards per game (ranked 6th) while Oakland's pass defence allowed 251 yards per game (ranked 27th). WRs Lloyd and Meachem should see plenty of the ball, as should TE Gates. Still, they have a decent RB in Brown to move the ball on the ground as the Raiders gave up 136 rushing yards per game last year (ranekd 27th). If there OL holds, then like Rivers to have a big game here. On defence, SD used several of their early draft picks to strengthen their defence that allowed 224 passing yards (ranked 13th) and 122 rushing yards per game (ranked 20th). Oakland will look to run the ball, using RB McFadden regularly. QB Palmer should have a better year with a preseason to combine with Heyward-Bey and Moore. Still, like this Chargers defence to do enough to make some stops, while their offence, with Rivers in particular leading the way, like them to dominate the Raiders. San Diego have also won 7 of their last 8 games in Oakland, and like them to do so again Record: 4-3 (+3.49)

Re: NFL: Week One Picks 3/10pts Ravens (-7.5 points) to beat Bengals - 21/20 with Bet365 This should be an emotional night in Baltimore after the news that Art Modell passed away just recently. There are types of news that effects teams in different ways and I think this will be the type that really fires the team up even more than they already were. I have backed Baltimore for Super Bowl glory and have no problem taking them to cover this handicap in what could be a tight contest for large periods. I like the looks of the defence and with Flacco looking to step up again I think their offense could really improve. If he manages to get on a roll with this 'no huddle' game I think Cincinatti will struggle to keep up with the QB and the likes of Rice going forward. The Bengals did well against the lesser teams last year but lost on both occasions they met the Ravens and that can hardly be good for confidence. Baltimore's home record last year was superb and, whilst Cincinatti didn't have a terrible 2011, I favour the Ravens to get their season off to a great start in a highly emotional atmosphere.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Bengals (m/l) 1pt @ 4.00 Ladbrokes One of those where you're not too confident about the bet coming in, but think the value is too big to resist. In recent history the Bengals have performed very well ATS against the Ravens, including in Baltimore, and I think they will run the home team close tonight too. I wanted to take Bengals +3.5 and have the Ravens FG win too, but best price 13/10 for that against a whopping 3/1 for the win means I am going for the shock win. Dalton's now entering his 2nd season in the NFL, and can build on a solid if unspectacular season last time around. His linkup with fellow 2nd season returnee, AJ Green, will be crucial, whilst BenJarvus will keep the Ravens honest up front. As I say, I do think the Ravens will edge this about 23-20, but at the prices I have had to take the Bengals for the win

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Glad it's edging towards a blowout win, as I was feeling a tad sore about the 2nd Ravens TD being given, despite replays showing it was an incomplete pass, and especially since the earlier AJ Green catch being ruled incomplete. Strategy for future weeks? Copy Mirage - beginner my rusty bullet hole

Re: NFL: Week One Picks

Glad it's edging towards a blowout win, as I was feeling a tad sore about the 2nd Ravens TD being given, despite replays showing it was an incomplete pass, and especially since the earlier AJ Green catch being ruled incomplete. Strategy for future weeks? Copy Mirage - beginner my rusty bullet hole
:loon I think i've watched only 3 or 4 full games in a couple of years but always followed the results. I've only really used lst years results to base my selections on - with 3/3 so far so no reason to change.