** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL: Week One Picks

AGurv

Giants -4 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Cowgirls are always a good team to bet against in primetime. The defense has improved for them, but you still have Romo in the pocket making unclutch plays. While Manning is the complete opposite. Also Superbowl winners currently on a pretty good streak for not having let down games in there first games of the next season. Colts +10.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I expect Luck and this Colts team to be alright. I don't see them going 15-1, but I see them being competitive. I dont think they are gonna win this game, but I expect, like $cam did for the Panthers last year, Luck can do the same. Bills +1 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I feel like there trying to get me here. We've seen nothing from the Jets showing they are a good team. Bills have started out the last few seasons pretty well. Falcons -2.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Everyone seems to be really high on KC this year. I feel pretty confident they will be just about the same as last year, even with Charles back.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Houston -11,5, @1.95 (3/10 pts) The off-season moves in Miami have been a little strange. After Brandon Marshall was traded to Chicago they are left with no quality WRs for a rookie QB that already threw too many INTs in Texas A&M. I don't know how Miami is going to score against one of the best defenses in the AFC. In Houston Foster, Johnson and Schaub looked healthy in the preseason. Houston is 6-0 against Miami and last season they won 23:13 with Tate as RB. Line is moving up and I wouldn't be surprised to see at -13,5/-14 before the kick-off.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Dallas -6.5 @ 4.45 centrebet NY will look to Eli Manning to run the offence considering that the running game is weak with Jacobs moving to SF, and there is only Bradshaw, who had an average season last year, to cart the ball up. Also with WR Nicks questionable for this game, and Manningham gone to SF too, as well as TE Ballard going to NE, much will depend on how free Cruz can get. Also the offensive line is not that strong, and do allow Manning to get sacks, with 28 last year. They finished with a 9-7 record so they did manage to just get in to the playoffs but from then on, they were very good. However, still not high on this team given that they only won 2 more games than they lost. On defence, NY's DE's are standouts and were the reason why their defence stood out in the playoffs last year. However their LBs were not that good in stopping the run while their secondary was ranked 29th in stopping the pass, allowing 255 yards per game. Dallas were not much better last year, going 8-8 and will look to Romo to lead their offence once again, and given the stats from last year, he performed as well, if not even better than Manning in the regular season. Like NY, Dallas' offensive line is prone to allowing their QB to get sacked (36 times last year) but they have rebuilt this and look much better this year. If they can hold off NY's DE's then they should do well. They have a healthy RB in Murray who should lessen the responsibility for Romo, as well as a decent back up in Jones, while at WR, there are good options with Bryant and Austin, but with TE Witten out, then they lose a good target for Romo. Dallas have improved their defence where they managed to do well in stopping the run (ranked 7th with 99 yards per game) and LB Ware is very good in this area, and getting to the QB. However, like NY, the secondary is a concern but using their 6th draft pick to get Claiburn suggests that they will improve here on the 23rd ranked pass defence from last year (allowing 244 yards per game) Like the Cowboys here, even though there is a stat that the Super Bowl champs have won their opening games for the season in the last 8 years. Not much between the QBs but with Hicks uncertain to play, Dallas has more options at WR and also at RB, so there is a good balance to their offensive. If their OL holds, then they should score on a weak Giants secondary. Besides NY's DE's. believe Dallas has the edge in other areas in not only offence but defence as well, and like them to win by a touchdown at least

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Cowboys (m/l) 1pt @ 2.67 Bet365 Think the value is on the Cowboys here too, though happy enough to take the m/l rather than getting any more daring :) There was not a great deal between the sides last season, it all came down to Week 17, and the Cowboys look a lot better today with DeMarco Murray fit and playing, and the additions of Carr and Claiborne to the secondary. There's going to be a degree of distraction before the game, with the ceremony to celebrate the Superbowl triumph, plus opening day, and I think it can be a case of 'after the lord mayor's show' with the Giants not bringing their A-game into the part of the night that actually matters.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks 4pts NYG vs Dallas - Over 5 sacks 1.85 Stan James I find this opening match hard to call. If I was pushed I would take the Giants to cover the spread as I’m not a huge Romo fan but I think the best bet is for there to be more than five sacks in the game. The Giants offensive line isn’t the best or strongest which means they can give up sacks but their defense sends lots of pressure and I’m certain they’ll get to Romo on a few occasions. When these two met in New York in the last game of the regular season last year there were eight sacks and I expect similar in this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dallas--new-york-giants-betting-quarterbacks-likely-to-be-under-a-lot-of-pressure-in-the-season-opener

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Two more for tonight for me, and the return of DeMarco Murray to the Cowboys' backfield figures heavily in the reasoning for both. Romo was shorn of Murray's services in Week 17 last year and the Cowboys' pass:rush ratio was 37:16. Despite their offense being so pass-heavy, Romo only threw for 289yds. I imagine they will have a lot more balanced offense tonight with Murray there looking for 15-20 touches just by himself. Eli threw for 346yds in the game, albeit 74 of those were in one TD pass. Manning has a 'workhorse' RB in Bradshaw, who is rarely going to break out and go on a long one, but will regularly keep those chains moving 3/4 yards each carry. He has, however, two top notch WRs in Nicks and Cruz, both of who can tag plenty yardage on after the catch. I see Bradshaw getting 16-20 carries for about 50-60 yards, and Manning throwing for 300-325 yards; whilst Murray taking his 20 touches for 75-85 yards, and Romo throwing maybe 30-32 times for about 250-270 yards. Most Passing Yards - Eli Manning (0) to beat Tony Romo - 2.5pts @ 1.80 Ladbrokes Most Rushing Yards - DeMarco Murray (0) to beat Ahmad Bradshaw - 2.5pts @ 1.80 Ladbrokes Best of luck all

Re: NFL: Week One Picks NYG -3 @1.76 Can't see past the Giants here. They've traditionally been better than Dallas winning most big games between the sides in the past 5 years. Dallas' OLine will struggle to keep Romo away from the Giants passs rush and without TE Jason Witten to bail him out I see a long night for the Cowboys. Eli Manning should be able to carve up the Dallas secondary. Rookie Morris Claiborne will be great but in his first start he might struggle with NFL game. Also SB winner playing the first game at home has gone to the home favorite every year since it's inception in 2002.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Packers -5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I kind of expect this team to come back to reality. Usually teams that dominate defensively one year dont come back and do the same the following year. Green Bay's offense should over power the 49ers Ravens -6.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Typically a good prime time team with Ray Lewis hollering indistinguishable **** behind the scenes. Bengals, not so sure about this squad . Can Dalton carry over success. They also have Newman now in the secondary, Flacco might as well throw it up a few times and see what happens

Re: NFL: Week One Picks

Cowboys (m/l) 1pt @ 2.67 Bet365 Think the value is on the Cowboys here too, though happy enough to take the m/l rather than getting any more daring :) There was not a great deal between the sides last season, it all came down to Week 17, and the Cowboys look a lot better today with DeMarco Murray fit and playing, and the additions of Carr and Claiborne to the secondary. There's going to be a degree of distraction before the game, with the ceremony to celebrate the Superbowl triumph, plus opening day, and I think it can be a case of 'after the lord mayor's show' with the Giants not bringing their A-game into the part of the night that actually matters.
GL.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Had a look through the card for this weekend and have picked out the Jets -2.5 (at 10/11 with Hills) to beat the Bills. Both have had bad pre-seasons in terms of win-loss record's but Jets were the team on top last season. They beat the Bills both times they met and had a 6-2 home record which looks good when compared to the 1-7 away record of Buffalo. I read that Sanchez isn't a great QB and has Tebow breathing down his neck but there is potential there and he can blow hot rather than always cold/warm. I haven't backed anything and may see other bets but, any thoughts?

Re: NFL: Week One Picks I honestly couldn't bet for/against the Jets in Week 1. They're somewhat of a circus, with Rex's proclamations, and having acquired Tebow in the off-season does nothing to quell those thoughts. They've shown less than nothing offensively in pre-season (for what pre-season is worth) - putting up 2 x FGs in Cinci, 1 x FG at home to the Giants, 4 x FGs at home to Carolina, and 1 x TD at last and 1 x FG in Philly. On Sunday they come up against the Bills, who have splashed the cash in an attempt to make some progress - $100m handed to former #1 draft pick Mario Williams - and they now have a pretty darn formidable Defensive Line of Williams, Anderson, Kyle Williams and Dareus. The Jets have been keeping their Wildcat formation under wraps during pre-season, but that should hold little fear for the Bills on Sunday - they mashed Tebow and the Broncos last season, plus the Bills' QB Coach, David Lee worked with the Jets' offensive coach in Miami when introducing the Wildcat there, so there should be little by the way of surprises for Buffalo at the weekend. That said, the Jets do have the talent to win on Sunday, and they have won their last 5 v the Bills. Considering everything, I'm not touching this match with a proverbial bargepole. Good luck whatever you decide though

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Raiders -1.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes San Deigo a notoriously slow starter. Norv Turner still there coach. Oakland is a solid team as long as Mcfadden is healthy. Expect them to win this one and I'm almost suspecting it wont be close.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Minnesota -3 @1.76 with bet365 The Vikes are always a team to be reckoned with at home. A home opener vs a team with arguably the worst starting QB in the league in Gabbert is always tempting. Gabbert is a WB who especially struggles under pressure looking petrified at times. While the Viking secondary is poor they have a DLine that can really get to the QB having led the league in sacks last seaosn with 50, anchored by Jared Allen. Their secondary is also improved with Chris Cook and Antoine Winfield healthy. Offensively the Vikes looked better in pre season, QB Christian Ponder looked more poised under center and he now has more of familiarity with the offense with OTA's and training camp. Peterson will be used sparingly but Gerhart is adequate. Their OLine will be much improved with Matt Kalil taking over at LT (#4 overall pick in the draft). In the dome in a hopstile environment I expect the Vikes to get after Gabbert and make enough plays offensively to get the job done.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Green Bay -5 If there's anything the 49ers struggle with it is being behind and facing a potent passing attack. The Packers get out to leads as well as anyone and Rodgers and CO have arguably the best passing attack in the NFL. While I do think the 49ers offense will be better they struggle mightily in the red zone. Against the Pack you need to score TDs to keep up. The 49ers OLine is also poor in pass protection and if and when this game gets to double digits the Packers can unleash their exotic blitzes on Alex Smith. I will bet that he can't the pressure and will be forced into TOs which was the case in games they were down (i.e. Baltimore game from last season).

Re: NFL: Week One Picks K. Smith over 64,5 @ 1,80 bet365 Smith is healthy and with Leshoure out he will get at least 15 touches, probably 20-25 if Lions take early lead. Rams last year was awful in run D, they allowed to much big plays. He is good RB when he is healthy and should pass this line easily. Price on Bills droped, but I will probably place some money on them before game. Also I am thinking on Saints over 50,5, line is high but this should be a really high scoring game, would like to hear some opinions? GL with your bets :hope:hope

Dallas -6.5 @ 4.45 :)
Good start to the season. Thanks for the props lads :ok Chicago -9.5 @ 1.99 pinnacle Like QB Cutler to do well here, as during the offseason the Bears have recruited well. The addition of WR Marshall gives him a very good go-to guy and like them to make some plays, but also with RB Bush brought in to help Forte, they will have a very good run game that will move the chains and make it easier for Cutler to make the plays. While their OL has had his share of problems, like them to do a much better job of protecting Cutler as a healthy Carimi will help their cause. Indy had problems defending the run last year, allowing 144 yards per game (ranked 29th) as well as 227 passing yards per game (ranked 15th). Their strength is their LBs Freeney and Mathis, but not sure that they can cover the twin threat of Forte and Bush all game. On defence, Chicago pride themselves of pressuring the QB, and with DE Peppers, they have one of the best in the business. At LB, Urlacher and Briggs continue to do the job year after year, but the secondary is still some concern that finished ranked 28th last year defending the pass. Still, the Colts have a very good but inexperienced QB (Luck) and their running game also lacks punch with Addai gone. Much will depend how quickly and often their recievers Wayne and Collie get open, but doubt that Luck will get the time to find them. Chicago is better on both sides of the ball and like them to win this one well Tennessee - New England over 48.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Tennessee will start with young QB Locker who has a good arm and does have good mbility so he will be hard to pin down. With two very good receivers in Britt and Washington, as well as RB Johnson to run the ball, the Titans look pretty good on offence. Like them to do well against his Patriots pass defence that allowed 294 yards per game last year, and though they have brought in some trades to play there, they are young and there are is opportunity for Locker to find his targets here. NE will start with Brady once again, and even though they are light in the RBs, they prefer to play a pasing game anyway. Welker and Lloys will be the targets, and expect both TEs Gronkowski and Hernandez to see more game time, as they are too good to stand on the sidelines. Expect them to do well on this young defence that did give up points last year. Like both teams to do well in airing the ball here and score some TDs to send it over Buffalo @ 2.40 pinnacle Buffalo have some good players on offence with QB Fitzpatrick, RB Jackson and WR Johnson, behind an OL that allowed a league-best 23 sacks for the season last year, so like them to prevent the Jets defence, which likes to blitz, to get to their QB. The Jets have two very good CBs in Revis and Cromartie, so expect the Bills to run the ball and bring one of the safety's up, and look for the one-on-one matchups to get Johnson in the game. The concern for the Jets offence, is who will start: Sanchez or Tebow, and what to make of the lack of options at WR. Expect them to focus on running the ball, and with neither QB showing the consistency to move the chains, then expect RB Greene to be their main guy to get them going. But the Bills have invested heavily in their defence in the offseason, getting DE Willams to come in, and with Dareus back from injury, there is plenty of talent up front to push their way through the Jets OL and get to the QB. They have also got some good LBs like Barnett and Moats to stop the run. Buffalo are weak in the secondary but the Jets do not have the players to make the most of this. The Bills have a more balanced offence, and have a very good DL now to cause the Jets some problems, and like them to edge this New Orleans - Washington over 51.5 @ 2.11 pinnacle New Orleans wil once again have QB Brees slinging the ball to WRs like Colston and Moore while TE Graham showed last year that is another very good target. RBs Sproles and Thomas add to a very good offensive unit and like them to do well here, where they averaged 34 points per game last year. Washington has a decent defence, that allowed 222 passing yards and 118 rushing yards per game, at 23 points per game, but whiel they are pretty good up front, their secondary did get exposed at times last year, and like Brees and co. to do well here. Washington will start rookie QB Griffin here, and they have helped him out by gettting Garcon from the Colts to play with Moss, while Hightower and Helu are two decent running backs for them. The Saints are without a very good LB in Vilma, which helped them to allow only 109 rushing yards per game, but their secondary is still a concern, with no real improvement on reducing the 260 passing yards per game they conceded last year. Like them to do well here and score some points to contribute to this game going over. Houston -13.5 @ 1.94 A healthy Schaub is back to run the offence, and expect him to link up with WR Johnson and TE Daniels once again while RB Foster gives them a very good balance on offence. Miami were very good in stopping the run last year, ranked 3rd in allowing 96 yards per game, but were porous in the secondary, allowing 250 yards per game (ranked 25th), and like Schaub to take advantage of this once again. Miami's offence sees QB Tannehill start, and faces a very tough test against the 2nd ranked defence last year, that allowed just 190 passing yards and 96 rushing yards per game. Hard to find a weakness in this defence and like them to do well on this Miami offence that traded away their top receiver Marshall so they will have some problems in passing the ball while RB Bush has not kicked on like he was expected to after his very good career in college. Houston far better than Miami on both sides of the ball and like them to win this one well Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.11 pinnacle GB has Rodgers once again to air the ball and with a host of receivers, expect him to stretch this very good SF defence. They have added Benson to help Starks run the ball, while their OL looks stronger and healthier. They will need to be because this SF defence is very good, as they allowed just 77 rushing yards per game (ranked 1st) but their pass defence was ok with 231 yards per game allowed (ranked 16th). However like GB to use multiple receiver sets to spread the field and find the gaps for the likes of TE Finlay to make the most of Rodgers accuracy. SF will look to Smith and he has been inconsistent in his career. They averaged just 183 passing yards per game, as they focused on moving the ball on the ground with Gore leading the way for the 49ers to average 128 rushing yards per game. The Packers actually did well against the run last year, allowing 112 yards per game, but it was the various injuries in defence that allowed them to concede 300 passing yards per game. The defence has made some good pick ups in the offseason, so expect to give up less yards, and with SF likely to run the ball, then this should help them even further, as they have a good group of LBs to stop the run. Record: 1-0 (+3.45)

Re: NFL: Week One Picks New Orleans -7 @1.83 with bet365 To me i think the public is too quick to write off the Sainst and too quick to give the Skins their place as a qulaity team. The Saints will be without coach Sean Payton and while it will hurt QB Drew Brees is more than capable of having a strong rapport with his new coaches. Offensively the Saints will be just as potent as previous years. They lost Robert Meachem but his presence was negligible and they replaced all pro guard Carl Nicks with a pro bowl guard in Ben Grubbs. This offense was unstoppable at home last season and even if they're producing at 3/4s that should still be good enough vs a poorous Redskins pass defense. Defensively the Saints will have some moments where rookie Robert Griffin III will amke some plays but can he do it consistenly? Gone is Greg Williams over agressive defense and in come Steve Spagnuolo whom blitzes far less and relies front 4 pressure. His scheme will force the Skins to move the ball methodically down field something I don't think they will be able to do consistantly to keep up with the Saints offense.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Houston/Miami Under 41.5 Rookie Tannehill gets his first start for Miami. The Dolphinsdid him no favors trading away WR Bandon Marshall. Now Tannehill is left with Bess, Hartline, Fasano and I can't een name who esle. Their collection of WRs is by far the league's worst. They do have a solid OLine and Reggie Bush but the Texans will obviously focus on him. With a coordinator like Wade Phillips Tannehill will struggle to diagnose defenses and to consistanyl move the ball, I really can't see more than 10 points from Miami. The Texans return their offense which was very efficient last season with Matt Schaub. They will look to run and set up play action passes off that. Miami's defense is an underrated unit and will probably be able to keep them somewhat respectable this season. It's a young defense but they're strong at LB and have a force in Cameron Wake off the edge. Houston might struggle at times if they can't get their running game going on 1st and 2nd downs. Again the Texans have no secondary option to Andre Johnson and they lost Jacoby Jones who despite being a mediocre receiver did have speed to worry defenses a little bit. The texans will probably use a more methodical and conservative approach being not too threatened by Tannehill and the Dolphins offense.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks 4pts M.Forte Over 80.5 rushing yards 10/11 Ladbrokes The Colts were horrendous against the run last year and with a key linebacker out they may not get any better in that department in this match so although they have signed Brandon Marshall I expect the Bears to pound the run. Admittedly Michael Bush will take some of the carries but I still think Forte is good enough to go for at least 81 yards in the work he gets through. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/indianapolis--chicago-betting-bears-running-back-matt-forte-can-take-advantage-of-weak-colts-run-defence

Re: NFL: Week One Picks 4pts A.Smith Over 222.5 passing yards 10/11 William Hill I would expect this to be a mainly passing game and with the likes of Moss, who has been going well in pre season, and Manningham the 49ers have the weapons to take advantage of the weak Green Bay secondary. Whether that’s enough for the visitors to put up enough points to win the game remains to be seen but I believe it will be good enough to see Smith up to at least 223 yards of passing offense. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/san-francisco--green-bay-betting-alex-smith-s-new-receiving-weapons-can-see-him-to-a-high-passing-yardage

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Will take 2 this week. Using a much smaller 'stake per point' than I would on other sports as I have no experience of betting on NFL games. 4/10pts Bears (-9.5 points) to beat Colts - 19/20 with Bet365 Just looking at the prices for the season outrights suggests to me that these teams are far apart in terms of quality. The Colts will be using a rookie QB and for him it will be a massive step up from what he is used to. They come in to this campaign after a shocking 2011 and for a rookie to be given this role with a struggling team around him makes the task even harder. Chicago were 8-8 last seasons so hardly the most consistent side but they did score well at home and covered this line a few times. I have been reading that they've invested well in the off-season and with people tipping them as lively outsiders they look likely to have a better year than 2011. I think this more settled side will prove too much for a struggling team with an inexperienced QB so will back them to get their season off to a good start. 3/10pts Jets (-2.5 points) to beat Bills - 10/11 with Coral I've wrote my reasons about taking this in an earlier post but wil quickly re-cap them. The Jets had a good home record last year and beat the Bills both times the sides met. Bills were awful on the road and there's nothing I've seen so far that suggests that will change. Both teams had poor pre-seasons so neither has the upper hand in that area and, although he has been inconsistent, I'm willing to take a chance on Sanchez having a good game if he starts. Should be a close game and will take the Jets to edge it.

Tennessee - New England over 48.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Tennessee will start with young QB Locker who has a good arm and does have good mbility so he will be hard to pin down. With two very good receivers in Britt and Washington
Just in cas eit makes any difference with your bet, BC - Britt is suspended for Week 1 :ok

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Last year was last year. Teams rarely repeat their offensive and defensive performances from one season to the next. Too much changes. Miami +14 @ -120 Ridiculous how the odds have been bet up by a TD since the opening. People are acting like Houston is the 1972 Dolphins all of a sudden. NO/Wash U50.5 @ -110 Under the biggest 50+ number of the week has finished ahead every year I've played it. It means playing the under in games like this one, which everybody expects to finish 41-17. So be it. By the way, everybody's saying replacement refs means more scoring. These are the same people who last year said changes to kickoff rules would decrease scoring early in the season. Remember that? Scoring skyrocketed.

Re: NFL: Week One Picks 4pts Denver vs Pittsburgh - Under 46pts 10/11 Bet365 Both sides have good defences and both defences like to get to the quarterback and put them under pressure. With doubts over the strength of both offences 46pts looks a lot to be covered to me. I can see this being a 20-17 sort of game and one which doesn’t threaten 46pts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pittsburgh--denver-betting-points-could-be-hard-to-come-by-in-manning-s-return-with-two-top-defences-on-show

Re: NFL: Week One Picks Colts @ Bears (Under 38.5pts) 1pt @ 2.41 Bet365 I think the amount of time spent on the run in this game is going to eat into the clock and make it hard for the 2 sides to put up the requisite number of points to cover the spread of 43. Indeed, I'm dialling it down a few points expecting a 27-10 type game, The Bears D was very good last season, even when Cutler was out and they finished 1-5 the games they were losing were 3-6, 7-10 types, and life's going to be hard for Andrew Luck on his long awaited debut. Saints, Patriots, Packers 1pt treble @ 2.59 Hills The Saints should have way much too much for a 'Skins team and RG3. Talk of which of the RBs is going to be the starter can't be a confidence boost to any of those in the running - it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if Shanahan himself lined up in the backfield :lol. The Patriots were phenomenal offensively last season, and they've added to that this season with the acquisition of Lloyd for a more legitimate deep threat than 85 or Branch were last year. Gronk and Hernandez are back for the 2 TE slot formations, whilst Hernandez can fill in as a slot receiver with Welker and also has RB potential too. With the departure of BJGE, Stevan Ridley will be given the chance to nail his colours to the starting RB job, albeit in a pass-heavy offense. The 49ers last year excelled in shutting down the run and putting the pressure on the non-elite QBs to make their passes - they face an elite QB tonight in Rodgers, and fancy GB to put enough pts on the board that the 49ers will always be playing catch-up. Falcons (-6.5) 1pt @ 2.50 Bet363 Ryan, White, Jones, Turner - 4 very good reasons why I am placing my faith in the Falcons quelling the hype about how the Chiefs will be so much better this season. Even with Charles back from long term injury, I don't think they will be able to put enough points up to keep pace with Atlanta and the players I mentioned at the beginning. Lions (-13.5) 1pt @ 2.30 Bet365 I can see Megatron and Kevin Smith getting a couple of TDs each against the Rams tonight, St Louis were very disappointing last year, and I fully expect a blowout win for Detroit. I'm seeing 41-10, 41-17 or so. Steelers @ Broncos (under 42.5pts) 1pt @ 2.27 Bet365 This line is a lot higher than I was expecting. Much of Tebow's success last year was built on the Broncos D coming very much to the fore and closing teams down, whilst the Steelers would be included by anybody talking about top stingy defenses. I don't see this getting above the 21-17 mark, so the line of 46 looks very high to me, shaving a few points off for the better odds.