Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Champions League > September 19th

Re: Champions League > September 19th Celtic v Benfica = BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (10/11 - William Hill) Celtic are more than capable of scoring in front of their own fans on a Champions League night. Benfica have firepower and they are on form. I can't see Celtic keeping a clean sheet in this one. Man Utd v Galatasaray = MAN UTD -1 (4/5 - William Hill) Fergie has said he will be fielding a strong and experienced team as he bids to avoid a repeat of last year where they were eliminated at the group stage. He also wants to settle his defence after alot of injuries. They have alot of firepower (Van Persie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa, Young to name a few) and I expect them to win 2-0 or 3-0. Shakhtar v Nordsjaelland = SHAKHTAR (1/4 - William Hill) This group contains Chelsea and Juventus so Shakhtar need to start their campaign with a win here if they want to have a slight chance of going through. Countries like Ukraine and Russia are hard places to go, especially for a lesser known team making their debut in the champions league. Shakhtar have got some good experienced players in Hubschmann, Eduardo and Srna and should have enough quality to see off Nordsjaelland and start with a win.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > September 19th Shakhtar Donetsk v Nordsjaelland 4pts Mkhitaryan anytime scorer @ 5 StanJames Watched this lad play a few times and he looks as if he is real quality. He'll love going to the big stage in the form hes in, he's already scored 12 goals in 9 games from midfield this season. At this price against this opposition i feel its great value and expect him to cause the Nordsjaelland defense a few problems.

Re: Champions League > September 19th

Celtic v Benfica = BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (10/11 - William Hill) Celtic are more than capable of scoring in front of their own fans on a Champions League night. Benfica have firepower and they are on form. I can't see Celtic keeping a clean sheet in this one. Man Utd v Galatasaray = MAN UTD -1 (4/5 - William Hill) Fergie has said he will be fielding a strong and experienced team as he bids to avoid a repeat of last year where they were eliminated at the group stage. He also wants to settle his defence after alot of injuries. They have alot of firepower (Van Persie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa, Young to name a few) and I expect them to win 2-0 or 3-0. Shakhtar v Nordsjaelland = SHAKHTAR (1/4 - William Hill) This group contains Chelsea and Juventus so Shakhtar need to start their campaign with a win here if they want to have a slight chance of going through. Countries like Ukraine and Russia are hard places to go, especially for a lesser known team making their debut in the champions league. Shakhtar have got some good experienced players in Hubschmann, Eduardo and Srna and should have enough quality to see off Nordsjaelland and start with a win.
I agree with you on these. I was gonna go for... Celtic v Benfica - Celtic to win - 11/4 & Both teams to score 11/10 at William Hill Man Utd v Galatasary - Man Utd to win - 1/3 & Over 2.5 Goals - 1/2 at William Hill Shakhtar v Nordsjaelland - Shakhtar -1 6/10 at William Hill Not copying...just seems we have similar minds! :lol

Re: Champions League > September 19th Todays coupon looks tougher than yesterdays with 2-3 fixtures that I wouldn't touch (I just can't even fathom to read them). My thoughts are that the "important next game" column doesn't mean much, this is CL, the money and the prestige outweight the possibility of losing a couple of points in a domestic championships. However - Man.Utd. go to Liverpool who are in bad form, and Shaktar plays Dynamo Kyev which lost heavily to PSG last night. Seems reasonable to asume they both will try to finish their opposition early in the game to take off the pressure and finish the job smoothly without too much strain. Following that line of thoughts, my picks are Man.Utd /Half time/Full time = 1/1 (1,80 @Bet365) and Shaktar /Half time/Full time = 1/1 (1,61 @Bet365)

Shakhtar Donetsk v Nordsjaelland 4pts Mkhitaryan anytime scorer @ 5 StanJames Watched this lad play a few times and he looks as if he is real quality. He'll love going to the big stage in the form hes in, he's already scored 12 goals in 9 games from midfield this season. At this price against this opposition i feel its great value and expect him to cause the Nordsjaelland defense a few problems.
Yes - I'm on this aswell - however in Denmark we're not allowed to play at this bookmaker, so I must go for Partybets @ 3,50. I also try small stake on the same guy to score the first goal @ 10.00 - also with Partybets. I can see quite som goals in this match and due to FCN simply not being able to park the bus and defend, I'll try Donetsk -1,5 as well (1,78 @ Unibet).

Re: Champions League > September 19th I like the odds on Valencia = AH+1 @ 2.2 Paddypower Bayern had a very good start with 3 wins and 12-2 goals, but played only against rather weak Bundesliga opponents. Long-term absentees are Gomez, Alaba, Contento. Ribery and Robben are expected to be fit. Only weak point is the LB position as Alaba-Conento are out and Badstuber, who will play there, is not a natural LB. The reason why I think Valencia are absolutely able to compete at the Allianz Arena are the two away games they already faced this season, two of the toughest away matches you can play in the world elite football - at Real and Barca. They earned a 1-1 draw at the Bernabeu and lost only 0-1 at the Camp Nou. You can tell that Barca and Real were superior, still Valencia stood their ground and showed that they're everything but cannon fodder at this early stage of the season. Albeda, Canales and Piatti are out, but I don't think this will hurt Valencia as these three played only 100 minutes this season (combined). Good value in my eyes.

Re: Champions League > September 19th Manchester United- Galatasaray After many years Galatasaray returns to CL. In 1905, while the founders of the club has stated the club's motto as "To win against the non-turkish teams", Galatasaray has always aimed to be successful in Europe. And if the unsatisfactory overall history of Turkish football should be taken into account I believe we did relatively well. So for a club that defined the first aim as becoming succesful in the European Cups, being out of these cups for a while was irritating. That is the headline that should be looked first before talking about the match today. Regarding to analyses; Our coach Fatih Terim which won the most important and biggest trophies in the club history seems to get even more knowledged and reliable now. As a person that know his coaching style for 15 years, I can easily see he has improved his coaching and changed his bad habits. As supporters we would like to see him here for many more years. He also has a mind that gets along with the clubs motto to be successfull in European Cups. So he always tries to form and adapt a team to that direction. On the other hand he just came a year ago and has only started to make plans and apply them. So you can think Galatasaray like a baby that will be raised up for only one aim. In his first period (1996-2000) at Galatasaray we again withnessed the same passing stages that the club passes similarly now. We had many bad results before becoming successful (lost to Chealsea 0-5 at home and won the UEFA cup afterwards) Fatih Terim also does not give up from his formation and makes the team play always attacking in every field. It doesn't matter if it is in Turkish League or Camp Nou or San Siro. So tonight I again guess that he will field an attacking side against Manchester United. For 1-2 years (and tonight) I think it would be identical to what happened years ago. Galatasaray will try to make a solid team while getting some headaches. That means even I strongly believe that we are on the correct road and we have many good players, we won't be able to compete with Manchester United today. Adding to that because Ujfalusi has a long term injury, the new signig Cris will play as CB. That will be his second official game with Galatasaray. Even he is so experienced I don't believe that a team can take points from Old Trafford with a new player at CB that even learned the names of the other mates in the team newly. Also that will be the first test for this Galatasaray 11 in an upper stage like CL. The thing that will keep our hopes high today will be only how different and better we play in Europe. To give a squad analysis you can see below the possible 11 with my thoughts of points for to the player abilities; ----------------Umut(7.5/10)--------------Elmander(7.5/10) "(Burak 7.5/10)" -------- Amrabat(7/10)----------Melo(7.5/10)----------Selcuk(8.5/10)--------------Hamit(7/10) Hakan Balta(6.5/10)---------Cris(?)-----------Semih Kaya(8/10)-----------Eboue(8/10) --------------------------------Muslera(8.5/10)-------------------------------------- Fernando Muslera: He is absoultely a good goalkeeper. He is shown as one of the best in the world. I personally believe if he manages to go one step up he will definately be in first 5-10. On the other hand he did not start the league well and he sometimes does silly mistakes. Hakan Balta: He does not have any big pluses. He is a decent LB with consistency. But you can't expect anything more from him. Semih Kaya: He is young. If he does not have any injury problems throught his career, definately he will be one of the best CB in the world for the future. His heading is very good with a good timing. Emmanuel Eboue: Very experienced and very well adapted to Galatasaray. He plays great with giving support to attacking often. Nordin Amrabat: New signing. He is a phsically strong attaking left midfielder. Has some good attributes. If he catches 1 on1 that he has a chance to score or give a killer pass. Felipe Melo: Ambition and passion should be the words for him. The fans love him because of this. His defending side is good. He also gives support to attack and goes forward in set pieces. Became a good partner of Selcuk. Selcuk Inan: He is absolutely great. Shoots from long range, gives killer passes, helps defence, scores from freekicks, dictates tempo. He goes on the road to be a legend. Hamit Altıntop: Very experienced and has great attributes. He played for the top teams in Europe but could not still adapt to Galatasaray. Did not still give a boost to the team. We are waiting and hoping for it. Umut Bulut: He runs, runs , runs, runs, runs, disturbs opposition defenders, helps our defenders, scores, runs, runs, runs, runs and never stops. He is strong, solid, in great condition and a good forward. Johan Elmander: Like Umut, he always helps the midfield and defence and never stops. And he is a danger in forward. My predictions will be; Manchester United 1.28@betsson Manchester United -1 1.77@betsson Over 2.5 goals 1.52@betsson

Re: Champions League > September 19th I was checking at Valencia's results in the Spanish league and they did great against the top teams in the league. The only conceded one goal at both Bernabeu and Nou Camp, they even took a point away at Real Madrid. So I would be careful with predicting an easy win for Bayern tonight.

I like the odds on Valencia = AH+1 @ 2.2 Paddypower Bayern had a very good start with 3 wins and 12-2 goals, but played only against rather weak Bundesliga opponents. Long-term absentees are Gomez, Alaba, Contento. Ribery and Robben are expected to be fit. Only weak point is the LB position as Alaba-Conento are out and Badstuber, who will play there, is not a natural LB. The reason why I think Valencia are absolutely able to compete at the Allianz Arena are the two away games they already faced this season, two of the toughest away matches you can play in the world elite football - at Real and Barca. They earned a 1-1 draw at the Bernabeu and lost only 0-1 at the Camp Nou. You can tell that Barca and Real were superior, still Valencia stood their ground and showed that they're everything but cannon fodder at this early stage of the season. Albeda, Canales and Piatti are out, but I don't think this will hurt Valencia as these three played only 100 minutes this season (combined). Good value in my eyes.
i tottaly agree with you but i ll choose a more safe option(in my opinion) under 3 @ 1,82 in 12bet could be very possible since i expect both teams to be carefull bayern is the barcelona of the europe-outside-spain, this means that statistics say that the football they play is closer to tiki-taka more than anyone else, but to valencia is their normal environment so it will be hard for riberry and roben.to score on the other hand the fact that ball possesion will be mainly on the german side means that valencia will be lucky to score in contra-attacks, something i hope it wont be in the first half anyway pretty interesting match here and 7/10 are my stakes

Re: Champions League > September 19th Shakhtar - Nordsjælland The only question for this game is how many goals will Shakhtar score in Nordsjælland's net? I have made my bet on Shakhtar over 2.5 goals, odds 2.00 @ bet365. Statistics for the last matches of the "Ukrainians" show that they usually score 3 or more: 26/08/12 PRL Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 0 Karpaty 02/09/12 PRL Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv 07/09/12 CLF Petrolul Ploieshti 0 - 3 Shakhtar Donetsk 09/09/12 CLF Rapid Bucuresh 1 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk 15/09/12 PRL Zorya 0 - 3 Shakhtar Donetsk Even Dynamo Kyiv conceded 3 here and they are far strong team which is familiar with games in Donetsk! I do not agree that Shakhtar will have the game with Dynamo Kyiv in mind cause it is on Sunday and as I have shown they do not have problems at home against their bigest rival!!!

Re: Champions League > September 19th The odds have actually gone the other way, and Chelsea have lengthened - so much for relying on patriotic betting. Although I am annoyed to have seen it at a better price, I do still believe in Juventus +0.25 - even at 1.825. The value is diminishing, but Juventus will match Chelsea tonight - I believe. The most important thing in my opinion is that Juve can pull Mata/Hazard back as much as possible through pressure on the ball. I say one of those two because I believe Ramires will spend more time in the CM area due to Juve's CM trio. The one major concern I have is the lack of great pace in Juve's back 3. Bonnucci sweeps, but he has been caught out on occasion, so I have concerns. Anyway, the ins and outs could be discussed all day. I'm taking Juventus on the positive line. Juventus +0.25 - 1.825 - 4 points - Bet365

I'm in agreement that Celtic scraped through qualifying to some degree. They won the 1st leg in Sweden when they could easily have conceded at least 3 but their opponents could not finish the easiest of chances that night (who knows what would have happened if they could). That's hardly inspiring form when taking another step up in level tomorrow with the same side who couldn't defend over there. Celtic will be relying far too heavily on their home form to even reach the Europa League and the players know that so that means plenty of pressure - not exactly a healthy thought to go in to a game with. The atmosphere could carry Celtic to a result but it isn't something Benfica are not used to so I may take the away side in some shape or form.
You forgot to mention the 3 or 4 other good opportunites Celtic created that night, two of which were practically 1 on 1 chances against the goalkeeper. Had Celtic taken these chances they could just as easily have won 5-0 as they could have lost 3-2. The point is they got the job done and the fact they had more chances to score other than the two they actually converted tells me they were well in the game and hardly 'scraping' a result. I also disagree with your second point, Celtic have qualified for the last 16 in the past when their away record in Europe was at it's lowest, this shows their home form was good enough to get them into the last 16, never mind the Europa League. Since then they have picked up a few results away from home in Europe albeit against arguably weaker opposition. The point is that this team is completely different from teams gone past who held that shocking away record in the CL.

Chelsea-Juventus I'm going to try a crazy bet tonight. I think Juventus is going to win tonight and usually Vucinic in Champios play great. So i think he is going to score first. Vucinic first to score and Juventus win 3-0 @96 to bet365
I agree with this one. Last night i played X2 on Manchester City on 2.10 ad it was fine until 85` minute. :( Chelsea did not show much last weekend and Juventus is very good at the moment. You could try X2 but odds already fell from 4 -> 3.2. It seems that many people are playing on Juventus and i don't blame them :) Also, under 2.5 is good option if you ask me.

I like your stats of the teams' date=' how can u calculate km's and predict the weather etc..???[/quote'] There are many sites which are useful for such information. This stats is not very important, but I did my best to share it. ;) Absolutely, none of my columns is not crucial for a bet, but I thought it was interesting to publish that. :ok The best example is Zenit last night... Distance is very important in leagues such as the Russian and U.S. :)

Re: Champions League > September 19th Chelsea - Juventus Chelsea are not playing well at the moment, while Juventus are in a really good form. However, due to the following facts I won't back Juventus in this one:

• Chelsea have good home record against Italian sides (5 wins, 1 draw and 2 loses);
  • Juventus have a bad away record against English sides and haven't won in their last 11 away games against English sides (8 loses and 3 draws)

Both sides have good front line, while their respective defences are not that great, with Chelsea conceding 6 goals in their last 5 competitive fixtures and Juventus conceding 4 goals in 4 competitive games so far. So, I can see each side scoring at least 1 goal, and my most likely prediction is either 1-1 draw of a narrow 2-1 Chelsea win. Both to Score @ 1.83 (2 units) Bet365 __________________________________________ Shakhtar - Nordsjaelland Shakhtar are playing really well at the moment and it is safe to say that they do not have any competition in the domestic league, plus they have good experience in the Champions League. However, the fact that Nordsjealland is a newcomer to this competition I would not place any bets on the Win-Draw-Win markets, since the Danish side might be one of the surprise teams this year. However, I would like to focus on cards market since the referee for this game is Polish Pawel Gil, who has shown at least 6 cards in 6 out of the last 7 games he was in charge of, and in 5 out of these 7 games he also shown a red card. Over 4.5 Cards @ 2.10 (2 units) Bet365

Re: Champions League > September 19th Valencia just reached 9.0 @ Bet365, with Bayern as low as 1.35 which is strange to me. I believe that "Valencia not to lose" shows some value @ 3,0 (Bet365). Looks like Bayern is todays "public bet" along with Shaktar and Man.Utd and the price on Valencia looks pretty good to me.

Valencia just reached 9.0 @ Bet365' date=' with Bayern as low as 1.35 which is strange to me. I believe that [b']"Valencia not to lose" shows some value @ 3,0 (Bet365). Looks like Bayern is todays "public bet" along with Shaktar and Man.Utd and the price on Valencia looks pretty good to me.
I think the main reason is a good form B.Munich are at the moment and their good home record against Spanish sides which reads 13 wins, 5 draws and just 1 loss, while Valencia has poor away record against German sides with only 1 win, 2 draws and 8 loses. However, I think that a team like Valencia should not be priced @ 9.00 and even though I don't think they will win here, but they are more than capable of getting a draw. Both teams are also not so strong in defence and I can see both scoring at least once. Draw @ 4.75 (1 unit) Bet365 Both to Score @ 1.90 (2 units) William Hill

Re: Champions League > September 19th Shakhtar v Nordsjælland To be honest I'm not sure how Nordsjælland have qualified for the group stages without any qualification matches? Most us us have become used to seeing Copenhagen competing for the CL group stages and even pulling out a few good results in the 2010/11 season but last season was a real surprise to see Nordsjælland win the league, I'm not going to pretend to know much about them numzie has provided an excellent analysis on the previous page. I can see from their past European results they haven't had much success in recent years, strangely going out to Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League Qualifiers for the last 2 years. I have been following Shakhtar on and off for years, those with a long memory on here might remember the legendary CL qualification matches against FC Timisoara a few years ago that cost me about a months wages! There was some excellent banter exchanged on those threads. They have come a long way since and are now an established CL team, their philosophy has largely stayed the same during that period relying on a solid base of Eastern European players like Pyatov, Srna, Rat, Kucher and the contrast between them and the Brazilian flair going forward in Willian, Fernandinho and Luiz Adriano, Armenian Mkhitaryan has really developed over the last couple of years as well and looks one of the main goal threats. Many of these creative players have been linked with moves away but continue to play in Ukraine. They were poor in last years CL campaign, in what was in hindsight quite a difficult group with surprise package APOEL, Porto and Zenit. They finished bottom of the group and after getting through to the quarter finals the season before (losing against Barca) it was a real disappointment. They drew 2 and lost 1 of their home games in the group last time out but this is almost a must win game straight away against what look like the minnows of the group with games against Chelsea and Juve to come. I personally don't think they will get out of the group Chelsea and Juve are too strong but the matches against Juve will probably decide it. Playing against a footballing side like Nordsjælland will suit them, if Nordsjælland try to outplay Shakhtar they will come unstuck and I think that could easily happen, the coach is unlikely to change their whole style of play when they come to Ukraine. Footballing sides tend to carry on their philosophy no matter where they play - adapting tactics can be counter productive and if a team is not used to playing a certain way, i.e a defensive way, why make them do this in a most important game? I expect them to try and play the game the right way and try to score. I don't think they will have the technical ability to cope with Shakhtar though, the Ukrainian league is pretty tough but Shakhtar currently have a perfect record after 9 games and in their forward line have plenty of players who would fit into some of the better level european sides. Anyone who has seen the speed at which they move the ball around in forward positions will appreciate this, it should be an entertaining game but I think Shakhtar's largely impressive home record and Nord lack of top level european experience will be the deciding factors. Shakhtar -1.0-1.5AH - 1.45 - bet365 - 5 Points Shakhtar -1EH - 1.7 - totesport - 2.5 Points In terms of the other games, there is sure to be a couple of shocks. Valencia look big but I don't think I could back them with much confidence against a very good side. Man Utd are simiarly priced to Shakhtar but I think the standard of the oppositions is quite different, both teams to score looks a better bet than Utd on a handicap to me.

Re: Champions League > September 19th My picks for tonight: 1. Barcelona - Spartak Moscow Barcelona to score more than 3 goals @ 2.00 For some it may look like a mug choice, but I am confident that the chance of it happening are quite above 50%. I would not go for this bet if Barca played Rubin or Zenit, which are known for their good defense, but Spartak Moscow's defensive display is very poor. They concede plenty of goals in the Russian league. Since the beginning of the season they got just one single clean sheet. Zenit scored 5 goals past them few weeks ago. Plus Spartak does not have that much CL experience and is not used to playing against such teams. Barcelona will be very motivated to win big tonight. They even rested Messi in the weekend in Primera, which is a sign that they attribute importance to this game and a successful start of their campaign. I am sure that Barca are certain to score at least three goals and very likely to add some more, which will make the bet winning. 2. Chelsea - Juve Both to Score @ 1.80 and Juve DNB 2.20 Juventus definitely looks like the team in better condition at the moment. Although the level of Serie A is dropping, Juventus is a different story. The team is perfectly balanced, very confident and has lots of depth and quality. Chelsea is still very unpredictable and fluctuating. The main problem of the team is their defense which is quite vulnerable. Cech is also not in his best shape. On the other hand, Chelsea are full of ideas and creativity up-front. I really fancied the performance of their midfield since the start of the season. As a whole, I feel that balance in Juventus squad compared to Chelsea's defensive insecurity could be the decisive factor in this game.It would be very hard to get Juventus beaten, even at Stamford Bridge. But Chelsea should get get some goals and I hardly see them managing to keep clean sheet. 3. Shakhtar - Nordseeland Shakhtar to win to nil @ 1.80 I feel that this is a better choice than any handicaps. I see nothing different that Shakhtar attacking and entirely dominating possession, while the Scandinavians defend and rarely threaten with counter-attack. Shakhtar is in great shape and might be one of the big surprises of the tournament. However, I feel that this game might turn hard for them if they don't get an early goal. I've seen this a few times in the Ukrainian league when guests park the bus in Donbas arena and Shakhtar does not score early, they get into trouble breaking them down. Still, I don't see how inexperienced Nordseeland will manage not to concede a goal in Donetsk. And unless Shakhtar scores many and ealry goals, it will be most likely that the Danish won't spend much time attacking. 4. United - Galatasaray United -1.5 @ 1.87 Nothing much to add here - United is simply much better and they are going to be way more concentrated than last year, especially in the starting game. Their central defense is one again in full strength which will make it difficult for the Turks to score goals. Up-front there is no way for the guests to stop United scoring a few goals. Galatasaray indeed has something to offer, mostly in attack. However, their defense is vulnerable, which is evident even against mediocre Turkish teams. 5. Bayern - Valencia Valencia +1.5 @ 1.80 and Under 2.5 @ 2.30 My due respect for the great team of Bayern, but Valencia managed to to make the above bets successful at stadiums like Nou Camp and Santiago Bernabeu (twice over few months), so I see no reason why the Spanish team won't make it in Munich as well. They are extremely hard to break through and I think that they could be a very inconvenient opponent for Bayern, because they keep very good possession of the ball and know well how to kill down the tempo in the game. Most German teams fall easy pray to Bayern in Munich because they try to develop their attacks quickly, hence they lose the ball easily and become very vulnerable to Bayern's offensive strenght. Valencia is a different team and they can pass the ball calmly and for a long periods of time - something Bayern is not used to play against.

Chelsea - Juventus Shakhtar - Nordsjaelland Shakhtar are playing really well at the moment and it is safe to say that they do not have any competition in the domestic league, plus they have good experience in the Champions League. However, the fact that Nordsjealland is a newcomer to this competition I would not place any bets on the Win-Draw-Win markets, since the Danish side might be one of the surprise teams this year. However, I would like to focus on cards market since the referee for this game is Polish Pawel Gil, who has shown at least 6 cards in 6 out of the last 7 games he was in charge of, and in 5 out of these 7 games he also shown a red card. Over 4.5 Cards @ 2.10 (2 units) Bet365
Just to let you know, FC Nordsjaelland is normally one of the most fair playing teams in Denmark. However this season they are only in the middle fair play-wise. They average 2,3 yellow cards pr. game - no red ones. Shaktar has as few as 11 yellow in 9 premier league games (1 red). So it looks like two fair playing teams - and with Shaktar on top I don't expekt them to pull a lot of cards. How much pressure FCN can withstand will determine if they could make this bet go home in my opinion.

Shakhtar v Nordsjælland To be honest I'm not sure how Nordsjælland have qualified for the group stages without any qualification matches?
Due to a couple of good European seasons for especially FC Copenhagen and a few more Danish clubs, we actually managed to get one team qualified directly into the CL groups! I can assure you it will take some years before that happens again :)

Re: Champions League > September 19th Chelsea vs Juventus 4/10pts Both teams to score - 10/11 with Coral If I was pricing this market up i'd have this option at around 4/5 so it definitely represents value to me. Both of these sides have plenty of attacking threats and both have conceded goals in the league this season. Chelsea were absolutely battered against Atletico Madrid in the Super Cup and come in to this with the same defence as they started with that night. They struggled to cope with the numerous options Madrid had that night and Juventus come here with Vidal, Marchisio, Vucinic and Giovinco all capable of playing the same way. With Pirlo pulling the strings there will be plenty of times Chelsea are on the back foot and if they defend anything like they have against Madrid, Reading and even Wigan this season they will find it hard to keep a clean sheet. Juventus have also conceded goals in a couple of games and will find it tough to keep Chelsea out because they are rarely stopped from scoring at home. Last season in the Champions League they scored goals for fun at home and with only Drogba the big miss from last year they should do the same again. Mata, Hazard, Torres and Lampard are all threats but at the same time those 4 going forward could leave them exposed to being picked off by Pirlo and co. I think this will be an exciting game with both teams finding the net at least once.

Re: Champions League > September 19th 3pts Chelsea vs Juventus - Draw 23/10 Betfred This promises to be a good game. Juventus aren’t easy to beat but Chelsea often play well in their own conditions and with the amount of attacking personnel Chelsea have they will test this Juve defence to the full. There’s nothing to suggest Chelsea are watertight at the back though and the likes of Vucinic and Giovinco will be dangerous here. Both teams will probably settle for a draw if offered it and I think that could well be the end result in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-juventus-betting-the-two-standout-sides-in-group-e-can-share-the-spoils-at-stamford-bridge

Re: Champions League > September 19th Man utd to win 1.34 betfair Man utd will be after max points from Home games. Although they have an easy group, they wont be taking any risks no doubt. As long as furgo puts out a strong line up then ill be hammering this one. Celtic Lay 3.54 betfair This has to be Lay of the season. Celtic I rate as the worst side in the champions league this year. I doubt they will be picking up any points this year in this competition. I was toying with an outright benfica win but just to be on the safe side as this is an away fixture for benfica.

Re: Champions League > September 19th Chelsea v Juventus over 2.5 @ 2.15 pinnacle Chelsea have started their domestic season well with 3 wins and a draw in the EPL, as they have scored at least twice in 3 of these games while also not allowing a goal in 3 of these 4 games. However have reservations about this defence, as Wigan, Reading and QPR are not exactly strong sides though they did beat Newcastle 2-0 at home. The defence is likely to be made up of Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Cole, and believe that they are liable to be caught out by players who can make good runs in and behind them. With a player like Pirlo who can put through those magical balls, for players like Asamoah, Giovinco and Vucinic. When Chelsea played Atletico Madrid in the Super Cup, they were destroyed 4-1 with Falcao scoring a hat trick, so like the Italians to score on them. They have won all three of their games, beating Parma 2-0 at home, and then away wins at Udinese (4-1) and Genoa (3-1) as they look very good going forward. However in defence, not too confident in their ability to stop Chelsea. Chiellini is a very good player but do not rate Barzagli, Bonucci, and Lichsteiner, and believe the Blues can score on them. Torres is still world class despite is indifferent form, and then they have some very good players like Mata and Hazard who can beat defenders, or Lampard still has the nous to find players in space. Two good attacking teams who can and believe they will score on the other, with the possibility of further goals Shakhtar Donetsk -2.5 @ 2.63 pinnacle Expect the more experienced much more talented Shakhtar Donetsk side to win this game comfortably, and doubt that there will be complacency here as they know that anything but a win will make it hard for them to progress when they have the likes of Chelsea and Juventus in their group. FC Nordsjælland, playing in the Danish league, would not be used to playing with the quality of players that Shakhtar have, and expect them to stretch this defence, and give the likes of Luis Adriano plenty of chances to score. Bayern Munich v Valencia under 2.5 @ 2.42 pinnacle Bayern are naturally the favourites for this game and expect them to dominate possession in this game, which will be partly due to the expectation that Valencia will sit back and let them come at them. Bayern will hold no fear for them, as they showed in the Primera Liga where they played both Barcelona and Real Madrid on the road - losing 1-0 to Barcelona and drawing 1-1 with Real Madrid. They will look to retain possession as much as possible and look to frustrate Bayern, who have won their three games in the Bundsliga quite comfortably, but Valencia will be a step up for them here. Doubt that there will be many goals scored here Man Utd -2 (EH) @ 3.20 sportsbet Expect Man Utd to put out a strong team for this game even though they have a game against rivals Liverpool this coming weekend as they rested several players in the 4-0 win over Wigan last weekend for this game. After getting knocked out earlier than expected last year, Ferguson will look to ensure that they are focused on this game and like them to win this game comfortably as I do not rate this Galatasaray side, even though they are leading the Turkish league. They have the likes of Elmander (former Bolton) and Eboue (former Arsenal) who are the better players in this side, and Man Utd did not have too many problems with these players when they were playing in the EPL. With Man Utd playing van Persie down the middle, with either Nani, Valencia or Wellbeck down the flanks, and Kagawa sitting just in behind them, like them to score some goals on this Galatasaray defence. They look much more settled in the back with Vidic and Ferdinand playing together. Man Utd have scored at least three goals in their last three games, including two home games, so they are finding the net, even though at times they look like they are playing in second gear.