** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership

Mirage

Re: 2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership Wasps v Gloucester This is a big game for both sides and either side are well capable of winning. Had this game been at Kingsholm I would be very confident of a Gloucester win as they have a monstrous scrum which can obliterate teams off the park. If Wasps can nullify the Cherry's scrum and get quick ball then they can be very dangerous. I think though overall Gloucester are a better side and despite playing away from home the game is of such importance that they are a very temtpting bet at 7/4. Come what may I'm sure Dai Young and Nigel Davies will enjopy a few pints together after the game.Recommended Bet: Gloucester to beat Wasps at 7/4 with Stan James Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aviva-premiership-wasps-v-gloucester-betting-gloucester-to-reclaim-4th-spot-at-adams-park

Re: 2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership Gloucester v Worcester On current form you would have to say that Gloucester look nailed on to win tomorrow night, however such a short turnaround for Gloucester who played last Sunday could see them find Worcester a tad tougher than normal and that means very tough. The bookmakers have Worcester as -11 underdogs and I believe that they are well capable of staying within that range and their extra days rest will pay dividends. Recommended Bet: Worcester +11 to beat Gloucester at 10/11 with Coral Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aviva-premiership-gloucester-v-worcester-warriors-betting-short-turnaround-for-gloucester-gives-worcester-a-sniff-of-friday-nigh

Re: 2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership Leicester v Saracens This is a tough game to call with so many key players missing but still both sides are able to field teams full of class. Saracens look a decent price to me at 9/4 as they are able to field players like Hodgson, Wigglesworth, Schalk Brits, Borthwick, Joubert and will Fraser and those players are the mainstay in the majority of Saracens Aviva Premiership games. You can't say that about the Leicester side named here and that is why I feel Saracens are value at 9/4 as the side has a far more familiar feel to it. It should be very tight game though so a small saver on the draw at 20/1 has to be an option. Recommended Bets: Saracens to beat Leicester at 9/4 with sportingbet and a small saver on the draw at 20/1 with Coral Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aviva-premiership-leicester-v-saracens-betting-hodgson-and-wigglesworth-the-key-to-a-saracens-victory

Re: 2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership Sale Harlequins Bit late to be posting this but I am taking the away handicap here. I think Sale are overvalued here due to their recent run of 3 wins from 4 in the Aviva and 4 from 5 including recent Anglo-Welsh ties. I wouldn't look into AWC results too much, but the 3/5 misleads too. They picked up home wins against a flagging Worcester at the end of the new year and just beat fellow relegation stugglers London Welsh away by a point. Nothing wrong with that but before those games they were beaten soundly at home by Saracens, London Welsh, Northampton, Leicester and heavy losses to Montpellier & Toulon in the cup. Its clear they can be competitive against lesser sides but they struggle against the better teams. Quins are on a roll too from their great result against Leicester last week. They'll be missing a handful of stars to the England set-up but its pertinent that there will be just two changes from that victorious team from last week with Dickson and Easter coming into the starting XV - no bad thing. They've won the last 5 away and have good away form in the Aviva this year with 5 from 7, beating that handicap in 3 of the 5 (a word of caution is that Sale have lost by 4 or more in 3/7 in the Prem). I think they are a top squad and I think they can beat this handicap. Quins -3.5 @ 1.88 Pinnacle

• 4 weeks later...

Re: 2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership Sale Bath This game went up with the cap at 0 and has since drifted to -2 for Bath. I'd agree with that as Webber is back from injury and they have James and Wilson completing a strong international front row. A lot of players signed contract extensions which always gives players that boon of feeling secure and wanted. Donald wasn't fit enough to start but the backs are all first choice bar the on-loan Stringer. Sale were thumped last week in the AWC cup final and were pretty poor. Diamond had bleated on about it being a distraction for them early in the week before the game but it can't have filled them with any confidence to have shipped so many points to a Quins side with an average age of under 24. Still they weren't at their strongest either and they've picked up wins in 3/5 home game in the premiership so it's a toss up as to who will come away with the spoils (remember Bath have only one victory and a draw away in the league this year). I'm interested in the points total here. I'd have the game at about 36 pts so seeing over evens below that is value. Bath do keep things tight away from home and have been under this total in 4/8 away games but Sale matches are higher scoring with under 32 in only 2/8. Fair warning that the match will most likely be a tight one but with that Bath backline and Sale's leaky defence I am happy to take the value on offer. Over 32 @ 2.1

• 4 weeks later...

Re: 2012/2013 AVIVA Premiership Now I'm no expert on the Aviva (nor anything else, really) but looking through this weekend's games there seem to be two outstanding bets. Bath V Leicester - the bookies have the Tigers -6 @ 10/11 (Bet 365) Now Leicester have a few of their best players back for this game plus they've already beaten Bath three times this year added to the fact that they 'need' the points to ensure a home draw I think they've got a lot going for them. I've checked the team line-up's - just in case - and Bath seem to have a 'vacancy' at Centre which doesn't inspire confidence. Given the Tiger's 'must win' attitude plus the other factors (above) and it's starting to look like a gimme to me. Gloucester V Saracens - bookies make it Saracens -3 @ 10/11 (also Bet365) The word that always springs to mind whenever I think of Saracens is 'efficiency'. Yes, they do have some individual star players but it seems that the sum of the whole is equal to, or greater than, the sum of the parts. They have a big, big, game coming up next week and they are also assured of a home draw in the play-off's - but they a totally professional outfit who concentrate on the job in hand so, hopefully, will not be distracted by the thought of next week. Gloucester need to win this to have a chance of finishing in the top 4 but they are up against a machine of a team in Sarries - and I don't think they'll be up to getting within three points. A double on Leicester and Saracens at these prices pays just under 11/4 (2.75) and that's where my money's going.