** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12

Spankyf

Some picks for Round 1. Small stakes only, more tomorrow when Saturdays games are listed. Ulster v Glasgow Just enough value in taking Glasgow here for me. Glasgow were great in the league last year and though they've had a huge loss in Richie Gray, they've got a similar squad to last season with a great half backs and an improved backline with Lamont coming home from the Scarlets. Ulster had a great pre-season with good results coming from a squad missing their internationals. Having recruited well they will look to build on the SF in league and final in the european cup. Ulster have a great record at home but in the first game of the season i'm looking at potential shocks and anything > 2.7 is a good enough price for me for a Glasgow team that was better than them in the league for the most part of last season. Two new coaches here, Townsend must be able to get his side up for this and he see's it as an important match with a very heavy duty bench for matchday squad. Just think Glasgow are not to be taken lightly and Ulster will need a lot of nous early on to hold off the challenge here. Glasgow win @ 3.11 Pinnacle

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 As a Glasgow fan I'm not so keen on Glasgow. A whole new coaching team means we're going to be spending time getting use to a whole new system. Lineen's 3 pod attack system was fairly unique so I don't think we can draw too many pointers from last season. I appreciate that Ulster also have a new coach but I think the disruption to Glasgow will be heavier. they've also shortened to 3 already.

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Good luck guys! This week's games: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 31 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newport Gwent Dragons v Zebre (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ulster v Glasgow Warriors (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Connacht v Cardiff Blues (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scarlets v Leinster (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Edinburgh v Munster (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12

As a Glasgow fan I'm not so keen on Glasgow. A whole new coaching team means we're going to be spending time getting use to a whole new system. Lineen's 3 pod attack system was fairly unique so I don't think we can draw too many pointers from last season.
Thanks for the info. Gun to my head i would also still say Ulster to win this but i think warriors have better than a 30% chance. Hope to hear more from you during the season :ok

Thanks for the info. Gun to my head i would also still say Ulster to win this but i think warriors have better than a 30% chance. Hope to hear more from you during the season :ok
Yeah, don't get me worng this is going to be a tight, tight game in all likely hood and it is a stacked Glasgow bench so the aim will be to niggle and keep it tight for 55 mins before unleashing Cusiter and a new front row to try and change the direction of the game. But it's a relatively rookie ref with a voracious crowd to unsettle him so I think Ulster could get and keep control of the game for the full 80.

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Connacht v Blues Tight one here, but i'm going for Connacht in what I see to be a 50/50 game. Cardiff woeful in preseason bar their 1pt win against Free State Cheetahs; 3 losses against Aviva Premiership sides. Connacht fared a little better in pre-season, but crucially will go into this game at close to full strength. Parks is injured unfortunately but that won't stop the forwards of the West fronting up, of whom everyone is fit. History heavily in Cardiff's favour but they travel without their Welsh stars and a young front row. Missing for the Blues are Sam Warburton, Leigh Halfpenny, Bradley Davies and Alex Cuthbert. Also, injuries to Jamie Roberts, Michael Paterson, Chris Czekaj, Rhys Patchell and Benoit Borrust, and illness to Jason Tovey mean that it will be a very patched up side with many 3rd choice players starting. Value has to be on home win with optimism abounding at the Sportsground again this season. Connacht +3.5 @ 1.962 Pinnacle Scarlets v Leinster Value on home side here for me. European champions are without many internationals including Heaslip, O'Brien, O'Driscoll, Sexton, Cronin, Reddan and Kearney. They also have many injuries including Ruddock, Fitzgerald and O'Malley. Scarlets are a lot closer to full strength with Welsh internationals Jonathan Davies, George North, Scott Williams, Rhys Priestland, Ken Owens and Matthew Rees all set to feature. Easterby will desperately want to get one over his old club and I see every chance of that happening given the squad Leinster travel with. Contrasting fortunes in pre-season with Scarlets posting an impressive win over London Irish last weekend while Leinster limped to a couple of defeats including a 43-0 hammering at Franklins Gardens. Good value in the Scarlets opening the account at home with a win. Scarlets -2 @ 1.98 Pinnacle Lastly, very low overs total up for the Treviso Ospreys match tonight at 32.5. Ospreys away games last season averaged 39 pts and Treviso home games averaged 42, with the corresponding fixture last year a healthy 59 pts (it was also the first Treviso home game and Ospreys first away in round 2). I'm having a small play on that even though weather forecast is for rain and possibly thunderstorms. Treviso usually play well at home and no reason they won't put up at least 15-20 pts and Ospreys away form last season was excellent. No reason not to have a small play on totals i've have at 40. Again small stakes all round with it being round 1.

Connacht v Blues Tight one here, but i'm going for Connacht in what I see to be a 50/50 game. Cardiff woeful in preseason bar their 1pt win against Free State Cheetahs; 3 losses against Aviva Premiership sides. Connacht fared a little better in pre-season, but crucially will go into this game at close to full strength. Parks is injured unfortunately but that won't stop the forwards of the West fronting up, of whom everyone is fit. History heavily in Cardiff's favour but they travel without their Welsh stars and a young front row. Missing for the Blues are Sam Warburton, Leigh Halfpenny, Bradley Davies and Alex Cuthbert. Also, injuries to Jamie Roberts, Michael Paterson, Chris Czekaj, Rhys Patchell and Benoit Borrust, and illness to Jason Tovey mean that it will be a very patched up side with many 3rd choice players starting. Value has to be on home win with optimism abounding at the Sportsground again this season. Connacht +3.5 @ 1.962 Pinnacle Scarlets v Leinster Value on home side here for me. European champions are without many internationals including Heaslip, O'Brien, O'Driscoll, Sexton, Cronin, Reddan and Kearney. They also have many injuries including Ruddock, Fitzgerald and O'Malley. Scarlets are a lot closer to full strength with Welsh internationals Jonathan Davies, George North, Scott Williams, Rhys Priestland, Ken Owens and Matthew Rees all set to feature. Easterby will desperately want to get one over his old club and I see every chance of that happening given the squad Leinster travel with. Contrasting fortunes in pre-season with Scarlets posting an impressive win over London Irish last weekend while Leinster limped to a couple of defeats including a 43-0 hammering at Franklins Gardens. Good value in the Scarlets opening the account at home with a win. Scarlets -2 @ 1.98 Pinnacle Lastly, very low overs total up for the Treviso Ospreys match tonight at 32.5. Ospreys away games last season averaged 39 pts and Treviso home games averaged 42, with the corresponding fixture last year a healthy 59 pts (it was also the first Treviso home game and Ospreys first away in round 2). I'm having a small play on that even though weather forecast is for rain and possibly thunderstorms. Treviso usually play well at home and no reason they won't put up at least 15-20 pts and Ospreys away form last season was excellent. No reason not to have a small play on totals i've have at 40. Again small stakes all round with it being round 1.
Like the look of both those bets listed spanky. Cardiff will field a seriously weakened side tonight and Connacht is never an easy place to travel to just ask Harlequins:lol and home advantage really is a massive factor in this league. I felt Scarlets really underperformed last year with all the Welsh internationals at their disposal and making the playoffs really is a must this term although it won't be an easy task. Scarlets should have a full house tonight and I'm confident they'll get off to a flyer against an Irish side minus the majority of it's star players.

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Not too beat up about the Ulster game, but disappointed to lose bet by the single point in the Connacht game. Will watch the replay over weekend but sounded like a bad first half from them with a missed clearance the reason behind the conceded try. Lost a small play on the overs also - shouldn't have been so greedy on the opening weekend. Happy with the Scarlets call. In agreement with you on Llanelli Steve. They play the most exciting brand of rugby outside of Dublin in this league and have a good chance to make the playoffs. Coaching team has done wonders with player development in the last few years, just hope for their sake they can keep some squad continuity in future.

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Early doors predictions from me before even seeing the teams: Ospreys, Munster, Leinster and the Blues all to have 10+ wins. Glasgow to shade a tighter game by 5 ish with the Scarlets - I was impressed enough by what I saw of the Glasgow defense to not think they'll give away the easy possession that the Leinster youth side let Llanelli have.

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Next set of matches... [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 7 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.11 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]195.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Zebre v Connacht (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.17 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]190.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets (19:35 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]202.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Munster v Benetton Treviso (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 8 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leinster v Newport Gwent Dragons (18:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]286.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ospreys v Ulster (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]202.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Munster v Treviso I don't see Treviso keeping within the handicap here. They were very lucky to win last week: Ospreys were reduced to 10 after 20 mins, the wind aided Burtons kicks in the first but the Ospreys couldn't reply in kind, with three missed kicks early in the 2nd. The Welsh looked the more likely to break away but the conditions were poor and the Italians really didn't offer much in the backs (though Zanni & co were immense at times and they've decent scrum halves). They've made eight changes this week however, and this will strip them of their strengths: the rolling maul and the set pieces, which were very good last week. Munster impressed me with their breakdown work and looked like tearing away in the second half when Edinburgh really should've been down a man - or another try - after a professional foul went unpunished. The bench was emptied and everyone looked hungry, and it was no mean feat beating Edinburgh who, like Ospreys, were guilty of missing crucial kicks with a hatrick from the Lions candidate Visser. Munster with only two changes and its the opener in Limerick. Even without their other stars, O'Dea, Lualala and the evergreen Howlett will surely try to play the passes they so nearly made last week against a ropey looking Treviso selection. Munster -16 @ 1.943 Pinnacle

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Cardiiff v Edinburgh Cardiff surprised me last week the way they ground out a victory in Connacht as their pre season form was dire. They will field a far stronger side Friday and it will be very interesting to see who comes out on top between potential Lions number 6's Warbuton and Denton. The handicap looks tight to call but Cuthbert is a very decent price for first tryscorer at 9/1 full preview here http://www.punterslounge.com/rabodirectpro12-cardiff-v-edinburgh-betting

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 This week: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ulster v Munster (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Edinburgh v Zebre (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 15 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Connacht v Scarlets (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]159.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benetton Treviso v Leinster (18:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]129.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newport Gwent Dragons v Cardiff Blues (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]160.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors A must win game this for the Ospreys even at this early stage of the season. They should have won both of their opening games especially last weekend's match against Ulster when they conceeded a late try to Ulster's only real attack of the game. Ospreys have named a very strong side with Dan Biggar back at Outside Half which is always a bonus and I fully expect them to come away with the victory. Full preview here http://www.punterslounge.com/rabodirectpro12-ospreys-v-glasgow-warriors-betting-opsreys-to-gain-their-first-victory-of-the-new-season-at-the-liberty

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Glasgow v Connacht Both sides have but a solitary win their credit so far, but its telling to note Glasgow beat the champions away and Connacht beat the newcomers Zebre. Glasgow are sticking Jackson into a club game to allow him a full 80 minutes. I think thats better for the team as Weir is in better form anyway. He played well last week and they play a strong team with Low and Lamont in there along with their interesting new centre pairing. Disappointed to lose their home opener in the new Scotstoun stadium against Scarlets in poor fashion, and I think they'll atone here, this being one of two upcoming games they should be banking on. They did all the simple things right last time out against Ospreys with the key being their superb defence: they only sent 2 players to the defensive breakdown, their line speed was good and set plays were sound. Connacht were blown away by Scarlets last outing with 6 changes that time and 8 this time: inconsistent and risky to have so many untested combinations. Excited to see how Marmion and Jarvis get on together, and Henshaws debut is eagerly awaited. Nothing wrong with 2nd row as Gannon's their best lineout operator and Naoupu has played well when asked to fill in here before but the back row is unbalanced with two opensides. Overall the pack isin't bad but with a naive backline I see the game plan including playing territory and making life as difficult as possible for the Warriors. Ultimately i'm counting on Glasgows last win, team strength and past form as Connacht have neither form or the experience in the backline to upset a more motivated home team. Handicap is probably fair enough at -13, so i'll take a better value bet that is more likely IMO. Glasgow to win both halves @ 4/5 Bet365

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Zebre v Ospreys The home side played well last week away to Glasgow proving their not completely useless. They were level for most of the 2nd half and were unlucky not to draw, but what empowered them was the two week preparation they had along with Glasgow putting out a second string side. That performance came at a cost as both their first choice fly halves are out now, and with a backline that’s barely mustered a clean break this campaign, I don't know where they'll get the tries from up against a wily Welsh back three. Ospreys finally got their act together in the last couple of weeks and couldn’t have asked for a nicer game coming into the European rounds. Squad is not far off full strength with Adam Jones starting his first game of the season, the talisman can inspire his team to ease the pain of their opening round loss to Treviso, which I think they’ll be keen to avenge. Bench is full of ammo also, only dampener being Tipuric's ankle injury. Conditions look good and I think the Ospreys are well placed to record a solid win despite Zebre upping the performance levels last game. Ospreys -10 @ 1.962 Pinnacle

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Ulster v Connacht Wonderful win for the Westerners last week but it was borne out of the players knowledge that Elwood will leave at seasons end, and their provincial rivals were threadbare with plenty of former Connacht players in the firing line. Four changes with Gannon back in and Loughney back from Ireland training. Strong team, but I wonder how they'll fare against a top Ulster side with someone to dedicate the game to. Ulster lead the league and won emphatically last week with a great win away at Cardiff, honouring the memory of Nevin Spence with a wonderful display from all the backs. With Declan Fitzpatrick out of the running, Afoa steps in to what looks like their strongest 15 bar Pienaar who’s with South Africa. This is their first game at home since the tragic news and I think they’ll put on another performance like last week, and I see a lot of tries and points in this match. Connacht have the tails up since last week so I am not taking the handicap. I do see value in the team points for Ulster though. With Bowe back at Ravehill for his first game in a few years and with Payne and Trimble making up an awesome back three, I think we'll see an attacking performance a lot like last week honouring the tragic young centre and his family. Ulster Team Total Points O 28.5 @ 4/6 Bet365

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Edinburgh v Scarlets Edinburgh are now winless from their last 5 matches and boast just two wins all season. It's hard to see them fairing any better against the Scarlets as their squad is looking extremely thin on the ground and have lost 5 players who took to the field against Munster last weekend. They are also still missing playmaker Greig Laidlaw and back rowers Dave Denton and Ross Rennie look a shadow of the players they were last season Scarlets have named a strong team for this game and despite Priestland being on the bench I feel they should come away with a victory tomorrow night and keep up their decent start to the Rabo 12 this season. Recommended Bet: Scarlets to beat Edinburgh at 10/11 with William Hill Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rabodirect-pro-12-betting-scarlets-to-heap-more-misery-upon-edinburgh-in-friday-night-clash

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Newport v Ulster Betting: Rodney Parade is never an easy place to go but with a fine night forecast Ulster really should come away with yet another victory to keep up their 100% record this season. They've named a very strong side despite the loss of Captain Johann Muller and with the powerful John Afoa being rested. My only negative would be Ruan Pienaar's erratic kicking at goal as of late but they have named Paddy Jackson on the bench who has looked some player this season. Ulster have just 1 win from six attempts at Rodney Parade but this is a very Strong Ulster side and they face a particularly poor Dragons one and can come away with a 1 - 12pt victory. Recommended Bet: Ulster to beat Newport Dragons by 1 - 12pts at 7/4 with Stan James Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rabodirect-pro-12-newport-v-ulster-betting-ulster-to-keep-their-100-record-this-season-in-tact-at-rodney-parade

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Ospreys v Leinster Ospreys v Leinster is always a massive game in the Rabo12 but this will be a clash minus the majority of both regions star players. Both sides are decimated by call ups for the autumn internationals but Ospreys I feel are able to field a stronger side than Leinster. Add in to that home advantage and I think Ospreys could win quite comfortably here. Recommended Bet: Ospreys - 2 to beat Leinseter at 10/11 with Paddy Power Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rabodirect-pro12-ospreys-v-leinster-betting-weakened-leinster-side-to-struggle-at-the-liberty-stadium

• 4 weeks later...

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Treviso Dragons The away side picked up their first win in seven (in all competitions) at home to a depleted Connacht last round. While the Italians went well last time out against Ulster, they’ve ultimately fallen short of expectations with only three wins and five defeats so far. The home side welcome back their internationals and should be motivated against a team with an average of 35 pts conceded in their away games. They have a very good recent record against Welsh sides and while they haven’t beaten this handicap in some time, I feel the Dragons are the weakest team they’ve had to face so far (In their encounters last season Treviso won both; the home leg by 26). Interesting both teams have faced the top three in the table: Treviso with those three at home and Dragons having had to travel there. A safer bet might be the 1-12 but I would want a little higher than 2.5 for that. This bet will hinge on the Italians willingness to attack and go for tries as the Dragons concede an average of 4 tries a season (albeit against good sides) and Treviso score 46% of their home points through crossing the whitewash. Weather doesn’t look good but I think the Italians have it in them to deny the Dragons any points. Treviso -7 @ 1.952 Pinnacle Scarlets Ulster The top two square off with the home team without their internationals. The leaders are resting a few with the European games coming up but they can boast returning players including the fit again Muller and Best. Ulster are on the back of two away wins in Italy deprived of their first choice backs and having managed the 1-12 in 3 of their 5 away games to date (the other two 13+ results were against Welsh opposition) they are rightly favourites to take the points here. The home team had a great victory last week and its clear the squad is a good one and to be reckoned with. The only loss at home this season was to a desperate Ospreys who won by seven; otherwise they’ve managed three wins against a 3rd choice Leinster and whipping boys Zebre and the Dragons. Considering the opposition both have faced and with Ulster have a full deck to draw from, I feel Ulster are good value for the win, but I think the margin may be low against a decent Llanelli outfit. I like the 1-12 and am taking the ‘Either side to Win both Halves – Yes’ @ 2.2 as well. Ulster 1-12 @ 2.5 Bet365 Munster Glasgow I fancy the handicap on Glasgow. Munster are just starting to click but they’ll find it hard to break the line against a team whose defence has to be recognized as a force from their form last season. Glasgow have only conceded 9 away on average this campaign away and have managed to score three away victories to rise to a deserved place in the playoffs. Munster will have returning internationals but so will Glasgow. Munster have looked a little ponderous lately and are taking time adjusting to a new regime. Glasgow are a settled squad with superb defence and haven’t lost by that handicap this season. Glasgow +10 @ 1.9 Bet365

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Scarlets v Ulster Having stuttered to consecutive away victories against Zebra and Treviso I think you'll see a far more improved performance from Ulster at Parc Y Scarlets tomorrow afternoon. I think this Ulster side is going to be far too strong for the Llanelli squad to cope with and having named a very strong bench too, I'm sure Ulster will come away with the points and can exceed a -2 handicap in the process. Recommended Bet: Ulster -2 to beat Llanelli Scarlets at 10/11 with Stan James Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rabodirect-pro12-scarlets-v-ulster-betting-understrength-scarlets-to-struggle-against-ulster

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Connacht Vs Munster Pick: Connacht +6 with PP Risky betting now before teams announced but following defo out for Munster due to the IRFU Player Welfare Programme: Ronan O’Gara, Simon Zebo, Conor Murray, Donnacha Ryan and Peter O’Mahony Connacht will have McCarthy out due to this programme, but welcome back Swift and Griffin Also the stats point to Connacht +6 coming in: Past meetings in Sportsground: 24-Mar-2012: Connacht 16-20 Munster 26-Dec-2010: Connacht 12-16 Munster 18-Apr-2010: Connacht 12-18 Munster 28-Dec-2008: Connacht 12-6 Munster 28-Mar-2008: Connacht 5-16 Munster Connacht home: Sat 01/09/12 RAP Connacht 9 - 13 Cardiff Blues (4 point loss) Sat 15/09/12 RAP Connacht 11 - 24 Scarlets (13 point loss) Sat 20/10/12 ERC Connacht 22 - 30 Harlequins (8 point loss) Sat 03/11/12 RAP Connacht 18 - 3 Benetton Treviso (15 point win) Sat 01/12/12 RAP Connacht 23 - 24 Edinburgh (1 point loss) Fri 07/12/12 ERC Connacht 22 - 14 Biarritz (8 point win) Connacht +6 came in 5/7 (71.42%) Munster away: Sat 01/09/12 RAP Edinburgh 18 - 23 Munster (4 point win) Fri 14/09/12 RAP Ulster 20 - 19 Munster (1 point loss) Sat 29/09/12 RAP Ospreys 30 - 15 Munster (15 point loss) Sat 06/10/12 RAP Leinster 30 - 21 Munster (9 point loss) Sat 13/10/12 ERC Racing Métro 22 - 17 Munster (5 point loss) Fri 02/11/12 RAP Cardiff Blues 18 - 24 Munster (6 point win) Sun 16/12/12 ERC Saracens 19 - 13 Munster (6 point loss) Munster -5 came in 1/7 times (14.29%) Connacht available @ 21/10 for the brave:ok EDIT: Bet came in which was brilliant- but how Connacht managed to blow it I have no idea- Munster very fortunate to get away with a win

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 Ulster Scarlets Ulster managed wins in all their games so far except for 14 point reverse at Thomond last week where they sent out a dud team due to player management. None of that this week with everyone fit bar Muller, Ferris and Henderson who's rested for whats pretty much the best 15. They've beaten everyone at home in the leauge by an average of 27 - 14 and have covered the -11 in 2/5 at home against Connacht & Edinburgh. Scarlets have been impressive so far and boast an excellent record away from home with wins in 5/7 games. Things haven't been going as well lately though with a spanking against Ospreys at Christmas and only 1 victory in the last 5 from all competitions. Their injury list for this game in particular is tough with 11 missing. They've only lost by the away handicap once against Ospreys. Scarlets won at Thomond themselves not long ago when both teams were missing internationals but this is a much different task and you don't go unbeaten and turn into mugs over two losses. While I think they have a decent chance of beating the handicap, I think the odds on Ulster winning both halves particularly appeals. This bet has come in 4/5 times for Ulster at home in the Rabo and Ospreys managed it against Llanelli last week. Ulster to Win Both Halves @ 2.1 Bet365

Re: 2012/13 RaboDirect Pro12 I agree Spanky the Llanelli team that plays tonight looks seriously weak and their game against Cardiff not so long ago was one of the worst games I've ever seen an embaressment in comparrison to the Aviva. The only worry for me would be if Ulster make multiple subs during the second half with the game already won and with their Heineken Cup fixture in mind next week. Good luck.