** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Paul Hunter Classic 24-26 Aug

kevshat

The Paul Hunter Classic, which doubles up as the first European PTC event of the season, begins on Friday with most of the main table matches being broadcast live on Eurosport which provides some good betting chances both outright and in the matches. Some of the matches are also on the bookmaker live streaming consoles so it should be a good weekend of snooker. Draw and format for the tournament can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/32/b7/0,,13165~177970,00.pdf

Re: Paul Hunter Classic 24-26 Aug Tournament preview: 2pts ew S.Lee to win Paul Hunter Classic 18/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Lee has a nice draw and as defending PTC champion he will want to go well here to give himself as many chances as possible of getting into the grand finals again to defend his title. I don’t see too many tricky obstacles on the way to the quarter finals for Lee by which time he would be 9/2 to win a quarter final if we have him on the each way terms. That looks good value to me so he’s my bet this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paul-hunter-classic-betting-stephen-lee-can-take-advantage-of-a-kind-draw-out-in-germany

Re: Paul Hunter Classic 24-26 Aug 4 outrights for me in total. This one which is my main one.....

Tournament preview: 2pts ew S.Lee to win Paul Hunter Classic 18/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Lee has a nice draw and as defending PTC champion he will want to go well here to give himself as many chances as possible of getting into the grand finals again to defend his title. I don’t see too many tricky obstacles on the way to the quarter finals for Lee by which time he would be 9/2 to win a quarter final if we have him on the each way terms. That looks good value to me so he’s my bet this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paul-hunter-classic-betting-stephen-lee-can-take-advantage-of-a-kind-draw-out-in-germany
and these three..... 1pt ew M.Gould to win Paul Hunter Classic 33/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Martin Gould is in decent nick at the minute. He won PTC2 a couple of weeks ago and then made his way through to the final stages of the PTC after this one which will be played in Poland so the former croupier is on the crest of a wave at the minute. Often when Gould is high in confidence it can pay to follow him because he is a real confidence player and the big match arena should bring even more out of him this weekend. He's got John Higgins in his quarter this weekend but the former world champion hasn't really got going yet so he might not be as fearsome as he could have been. Apart from Higgins the route to the semi finals and the each way payout looks quite a smooth one so with the form Gould is in he has to be backed this weekend. 1pt ew A.Higginson to win Paul Hunter Classic 50/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Andrew Higginson began this season pretty poorly but a run to the semi final of the first UKPTC soon sorted that out and since then he's made it to the final stages of the tournament after this and qualified for the International Championship so he's clearly in decent nick right now. His route to the semi final isn't as easy as Gould's as his quarter has Judd Trump and Neil Robertson in it but they are due to collide into each other in the third round which could give Higginson an advantage. He'd play the winner in the last 16 if he gets there but while they've slogged it out against each other Higginson will have had a smooth enough route to the last 16 on paper. We know Higginson can beat the top players in the game. He's shown that on plenty of occasions so at 50/1 even with Robertson and Judd in his way he is worth a bet. 0.5pts ew B.Pinches to win Paul Hunter Classic 250/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) There isn't a huge amount of logic to this one because on paper his draw is awful but it is a draw where the top players could beat each other and open a door for Pinches. The Norfolk man had a shocking season last year but this year he's played a lot better. He got to the final qualifying round of the Wuxi Classic, Australian Open and the Shanghai Masters before losing on each occasion but he finally made it to a venue when he qualified for the International Championship last week. In that series he beat Xiao Guodong and Joe Perry 6-5 so he picked up a couple of good scalps and held his nerve under pressure which will boost his confidence ahead of this week. Pinches isn't a bad player, we've seen that in the World Championship in the past and if his confidence and nerve holds this weekend he could just be carried on the crest of his wave deep into the tournament at a pretty big price which is worth a throwaway each way tickle.