** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2012

Re: US Open 2012

That really was funny saturday :-) The wind was strong during Berdy match, nonetheless there were equally bad conditions in some other tournamennts in the past and matches were not suspended. In the second semi, I placed a LIVE bet on FERRER in the 1st game when he had breakpoints and it was obvious that Djoker is having big troubles on serve (unlike David). Now everyone knows what happened :-) After Djoker has been spanked badly during first set, the officials decided that they cannot let Djoker look so bad (they did not hesitate to let Berdy play couple of minutes before), and suggested suspension. David wanted to continue, but Djoker agreed that the conditions are not good and the big star Djoker had it. Sunday sunny weather was utterly different cup of coffee and Djoker easily won. I am not arguing that Ferrer should have won - he would have no chance in majority of cases, but if he had so incredible luck with the weather, it was not fair to him. Especially considering that suspending a match because of the wind is very uncommon.
Sorry but your wrong.. The game stopped because of a weather warning.. The US police told them to evacuate the stadium.. Nothing to do with Djokovic or the officials.. They had to stop the game.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open 2012

Victoria Azarenka vs Serena Williams over 19.5 games evens skybet serena to win 2-1 11/4 skybet serena to win first set 7-5 11/1 skybet her opponent is playing great and also serena so it should be great match her head to head record against her opponent is impressive but she should give her match with her opponent already winning a grand slam this year
two out of three im having a good tournament

Here are my thoughts on the final tennis major of 2012: 3/10pts A. Murray to win US Open - 9/2 with ToteSport I think Andy Murray comes here in fantastic shape and can claim his first major of an already very good career. I think that the victory in the Olympics will be a massive boost to his confidence and for him to do that after the disappointment of losing the Wimbledon final just weeks previously shows great mental strength. For me, this is his best surface so there is every reason to suggest he could perform even better than at those 2 tournaments. He has a decent draw with Bogomolov Jr. first up and with Tsonga and Raonic also in his quarter of the draw. He has better all round games than those 2 players and returns well enough to cope with both of their big serves. He will probably face Federer in the semi-finals if he gets there and, although the world number 1 is in great form, Murray has proven time and time again that he can beat him. He triumphed over him to win gold at the Olympics to banish some of the pain of that Wimbledon final loss. If he beats Federer he may come up against Djokovic but Murray has also beaten him a fair amount of times. I don't think Djokovic is playing as well as he could be, either. This will probably come down to those 3 names and I think Murray has a better chance than this price suggests.
Fine call :ok