** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 24 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stockport County v Gateshead (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 25 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Barrow v Alfreton Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Braintree Town v Newport County (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dartford v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29/20 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Forest Green Rovers v Woking (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hereford United v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lincoln City v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Luton Town v AFC Telford United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mansfield Town v Hyde FC (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nuneaton Town v Cambridge United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Southport v Tamworth (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wrexham v Grimsby Town (17:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25 Hi guys, For me Alfreton Town (+0.25) 2.12 is very easy choice. I like how they performed this season, despite very mediocre results. I really think that based on their performance, they should have 4 points more. Barrow is really weak this season, both in results and performance. They had veyr easy schedule having played versus two promotion teams and one rather mediocre Braintree and they managed to get only 2 points. I believe it is good opportunity for Alfreton to get at least a point. The other picks that I liked with smaller stakes this round are: Hereford 1.67 Telford (+1.25) 2.02

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25 I nearly went with Alfreton again as they do look a biggish price, but Barrow at home are always my bogey side so I will leave alone. Can also see why people might fancy Kiddie to finally get a win at Dartford but these are my three I have gone with. Braintree v Newport Newport continued their superb start last weekend with a fairly comfortable 2-1 win over Lincoln. They are obviously going to drop points at some stage but I don’t think it will be here and I am happy to back them again. Braintree were really poor last Saturday when losing 3-0 to AFC Telford in what was arguably their worst performance since coming into the Blue Square Premier. I thought they would suffer from second season syndrome and all the evidence so far suggests this is the case. It certainly doesn’t help that they have a weaker team and although they will probably improve on the Telford game, I can’t see them beating a Newport who are flying at the moment. I think BetVictor’s 7/5 is a fairly generous price. Nuneaton v Cambridge United Those of you who read last Saturday’s tips will know I was very keen to take Nuneaton on, but sadly Grimsby were shocking and couldn’t score a goal. Given Nuneaton had conceded nine in their first two games I think it says more about Grimsby’s issues than it does for Nuneaton suddenly improving. I still think they will need more time to fully adjust to this level. Cambridge got off to a solid start with two wins and a draw so far. They have also scored in every game and it is not hard to imagine that Nuneaton’s ropey defence will gift them a few chances during the 90 minutes. Considering they are looking fairly solid in defence, Cambridge should be able to do enough to take the three points. Coral go 11/10 and I would make Cambridge odds on chances. Wrexham v Grimsby This game is live on Premier Sports at 5.15 on Saturday afternoon and I think the home side are worth backing. As I mentioned above, Grimsby were awful last Saturday and that comes on the back of two performances where they were in front and conceded goals late on to mean they only picked up a point. Things got worse in the week with the news that star striker Liam Hearn will be out for a few months, possibly the season, due to a serious injury. That is a huge blow and the evidence on the pitch so far suggests that they haven’t really improved from last season either. Wrexham should really have won last week against Ebbsfleet but keeper Joslain Mayebi dropped another one of his clangers and gifted an equaliser. To be fair to the youngster he is a good shot-stopper but needs to stop making these silly mistakes. I certainly don’t think Wrexham will have as good a season as last time around, but still look a solid enough side and are certainly in better shape than Grimsby at the moment. Coral and BetVictor go even money about a home win and that price is fair enough.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25 I opposed addpea last week and took Lincoln to win at Newport. My mistake! This week I also like Cambridge at Nuneaton with the caveat of checking the team news to make sure Tom Elliot is in the squad. Most of Cambridges goals are coming from or through him at the moment.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25 I've not had much time to take in the spreads but I've managed to trade four pretty risky markets. I was impressed by the way Hyde kept it on the front foot against Luton, retaining an attacking shape that possibly deserved more than one goal, with Matty Blinkhorn looking like he'll be a thorn in the side of plenty worse defences. They travel to Mansfield and will hopefully continue with the progressive style that saw them score two at Braintree. Mansfield might have steadied the ship with the win at Kidderminster but they still have defensive frailties. (Pilkington isn't in the squad, but they've signed another central defender just in case.) I've sold the time of the 2nd Hyde goal at 83, so there's a very small downside. The quote doesn't take account of the fact that Hyde haven't yet had the new-boy enthusiasm knocked out of them, and Mansfield aren't the best defensive unit in the section. Barrow look very light going into tomorrow's game with Alfreton Town and that is going to hurt Dave Bayliss's conservative formation, with a few square pegs in round holes. Things aren't great at Alfreton but I can see some value in selling the time of the 2nd Alfreton goal at 80. Barrow are not big conceders but they were all over the shop against Woking last weekend and if they are suffering from injuries I can see a reshuffled side suffering further. I've bought Adam Cunnington's goal minutes at 16. Southport also have a few key bodies out injured and they haven't been as solid defensively as last season and Cunnington has been in impressive form - two at Dartford, one against Hereford and a rattling of the woodwork at home to Stockport. He'll surely have chances against Southport and this is not too dangerous a mark to buy at. Finally, a buy of Harry Crawford's goal minutes at 17. The partnership with Jacob Erskine is still settling down but I think this pairing will be a real asset to Dartford. Kidderminster have started the season poorly and against Mansfield they were wide open to the kind of pace and direct runs that Crawford can offer.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25 Martin Riley will come into Wrexham's side to face Grimsby due to Mark 'Beast' Creighton's serious injury. Riley has a poor goalscoring record but looked impressive scoring a bullet header from a corner against Blackpool pre-season. Given our strikers are struggling at the moment (they've combined for 1 goal from 3 games) and this is being (wrongly, IMO) talked of as must-win due to our start (4 points from a possible 9), so I'm assuming we'll play a fairly attacking strategy, I think there could be value in taking him for first goalscorer at 40/1. (Stan James)

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 24-25 Decent enough day at the office for me. Two of the four trades finished up. Hyde's second lost 7pt and Crawford lost 17, but Cunnington's penalty meant a 20pt profit and Alfreton's 2nd came early enough for 29pts profit. Happy with that. Good calls by Zbrochu on Alf +.25 and by addpea on Newport.