** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Capital One Cup > August 28-30

staffy

Re: England > Capital One Cup > August 28-30 Match Everton v Leyton Orient Selection Everton @ HT (Normal Bet) Strength 10/10 Date 29/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.50 Reasoning Another one of those games you should probably ignore. However I do think Everton will go and win this comfortably. They are another side who will think they have a chance of winning this competition. The fact that they are at home against a weaker side will help. Everton have started the season superbly and they will continue that tonight. They will want to get off to a good start so I see then being ahead at half time. Seasonal record 10 bets 100 points staked 4.40 points profit 4.4% yield

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Aston Villa backers, and unlucky for that late goal to go in between Crawley and Bolton, Jase. But you had some nice winners tonight.
Cheers... Although could have done without that late goal for Plymouth against Burnley... That's two 90th minute goals that cost me!

Re: England > Capital One Cup > August 28-30

I always like to go for goals in the early rounds of the league cup. In the last few years a very high amount of games have finished over 1.5 goals, particularly in Prem vs non-Prem fixtures, and the bookies haven't really adjusted their prices accordingly. I have gone for an over 1.5 goal treble with Ladbrokes who have a 5% bonus offer on League Cup trebles this week. Sheffield Wednesday vs Fulham- Wednesday have started the season with some very exciting matches, whilst Jol is changing Fulham to be an attacking side in line with his footballing philosophy. Even if they rest players, I would imagine the general mentality at the club would be to play this pass and move, attacking football. It took a while for Fulham to shed their defensive habits of old but towards the end of last season and now at the start of this one they are a much more attacking team. As has been said, Jol would probably like to win this competition as Fulham should be safe from relegation. Villa vs Tranmere- Lambert is also one who likes attacking football as we saw last season with Norwich. As has been mentioned he could do with a win and against a side two divisions below, you'd strongly fancy this game to beat the 1.5 goal line. Reading vs Peterborough- I wouldn't touch Reading to win this game considering the performances of promoted EPL sides in the league cup in recent years. However, Peterborough are an incredibly overish side and we should see goals here. You'd fancy the away team to score, and Reading also to get on the scoresheet in front of their home fans, even if they play a weakened line up. Ladbrokes offer the best industry prices with all of these selections. It comes to 1.88 without the bonus (Stake 5/10).
Bet lost, with the Fulham game (ironically the one I thought was best value) being the only EPL versus non EPL clash going under 1.5 goals. I think the idea was good though, if you had put 10 points on all of these match ups going over 1.5 goals you would be 13.7 points up, (not including the West Ham game; I thought the odds were poor value for over 1.5 there). I chickened out of this strategy as it involved so many games it would have been a bit risky for my bankroll, so I just decided to pick the three I thought were best value and put them in a treble. Unfortunately one of them lost.

Re: England > Capital One Cup > August 28-30 Everton vs Leyton Leyton Orient + 2.5 drifted to 2.020? WTF BOOM I'm hammering that hard. (cue to lay my bet) I know Everton are on fire and will want to progress in this cup competition as their only realistic plans for silverware for another season but priced as under evens to win by 3 goals or more is ridiculous. I'm not going to embarrass myself talking about Leyton Orient as all I know about them is that they are in league 1 and also vaguely of their recent performances on the football league show...

Everton vs Leyton Leyton Orient + 2.5 drifted to 2.020? WTF BOOM I'm hammering that hard. (cue to lay my bet) I know Everton are on fire and will want to progress in this cup competition as their only realistic plans for silverware for another season but priced as under evens to win by 3 goals or more is ridiculous. I'm not going to embarrass myself talking about Leyton Orient as all I know about them is that they are in league 1 and also vaguely of their recent performances on the football league show...
Agree, it seems a big price for a league cup game. Thanks for pointing that out.

Agree' date=' it seems a big price for a league cup game. Thanks for pointing that out.[/quote'] Another embarrassing day! Terrible looking season record now but a quick update: Another terrible day for me. No winners at all. Didn't watch the Everton vs Leyton Orient game but all I know is that i got trolled by the lsh results. Because the match wasn't live anywhere, it just said 0 - 0 until it suddenly jumped to 4 - 0 at half time. I though my bet was doing alright. On to El Clasico and no complaints about the Barcelona bet, though I'm really disappointed the over 3.5/4.5 did not come in. Real could have been 5 - 0 up by half time and there not to be a goal in the entire second half is frustrating. Pedro clear through, Khedira wriggled his way through, Higuain hitting the post when he should have scored, Modric with a great chance after coming on all in the second half. In the 3 minutes of stoppage time there were enough shots/chances to fill a whole match, yet no goals came in the second half. On to the next set of fixtures then. 2012-2013 Season Record -65.65 units Total stake 143 units 29/8/12 FLC Everton vs Leyton Orient Leyton Orient +2.5 2.020 Pinnacle 5/10 FT 5 - 0 -5 units 28/8/12 SSC Real Madrid vs Barcelona Barcelona 2.840 Pinnacle 5/10 FT 2 - 1 -5 units 28/8/12 SSC Real Madrid vs Barcelona Barcelona 2.840 Pinnacle 5/10 FT 2 - 1 -5 units 28/8/12 SSC Real Madrid vs Barcelona Over 4.5 4.500 WilliamHill 2/10 FT 2 - 1 -2 units

Re: England > Capital One Cup > August 28-30 3pts Northampton to beat Wolves 5/2 Ladbrokes Northampton could be worth siding with in this match. I say that because they have nothing to lose and will name close to their usual league side whereas Wolves will rest and rotate players and needed penalties to beat Aldershot at home in the last round when they rested players. One thing you know you are going to get from Aidy Boothroyd teams is 100% heart, fight and determination and with a sprinkling of quality that he’s brought into the club in the form of David Artell and Alex Nicholls the Cobblers could just have another big night. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/northampton-vs-wolves-betting-northampton-could-taken-advantage-of-wolves-rotation-to-secure-third-round-spot

Another embarrassing day! Terrible looking season record now but a quick update: Another terrible day for me. No winners at all. Didn't watch the Everton vs Leyton Orient game but all I know is that i got trolled by the lsh results. Because the match wasn't live anywhere, it just said 0 - 0 until it suddenly jumped to 4 - 0 at half time. I though my bet was doing alright. On to El Clasico and no complaints about the Barcelona bet, though I'm really disappointed the over 3.5/4.5 did not come in. Real could have been 5 - 0 up by half time and there not to be a goal in the entire second half is frustrating. Pedro clear through, Khedira wriggled his way through, Higuain hitting the post when he should have scored, Modric with a great chance after coming on all in the second half. In the 3 minutes of stoppage time there were enough shots/chances to fill a whole match, yet no goals came in the second half. On to the next set of fixtures then. 2012-2013 Season Record -65.65 units Total stake 143 units 29/8/12 FLC Everton vs Leyton Orient Leyton Orient +2.5 2.020 Pinnacle 5/10 FT 5 - 0 -5 units 28/8/12 SSC Real Madrid vs Barcelona Barcelona 2.840 Pinnacle 5/10 FT 2 - 1 -5 units 28/8/12 SSC Real Madrid vs Barcelona Barcelona 2.840 Pinnacle 5/10 FT 2 - 1 -5 units 28/8/12 SSC Real Madrid vs Barcelona Over 4.5 4.500 WilliamHill 2/10 FT 2 - 1 -2 units
I think the Orient call was value...of course bets of that nature will occasionally lose big but long term it was the right call to make. I see you've had a difficult start to the season but I'm sure you'll recoup the losses soon enough.

Match Everton v Leyton Orient Selection Everton @ HT (Normal Bet) Strength 10/10 Date 29/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.50 Reasoning Another one of those games you should probably ignore. However I do think Everton will go and win this comfortably. They are another side who will think they have a chance of winning this competition. The fact that they are at home against a weaker side will help. Everton have started the season superbly and they will continue that tonight. They will want to get off to a good start so I see then being ahead at half time. Seasonal record 10 bets 100 points staked 4.40 points profit 4.4% yield
Another winner profit for the season now up to 9.40 points.

Re: England > Capital One Cup > August 28-30 I think wolves offer a decent bit of value tonight @ 2.32 - Betfair. Or @ 2.2 -StanJames. Northampton have done well in the league cup in recent years, and wolves havent often had long runs, but I'm backing that to change here. Northampton did well to knock out Cardiff in the last round, but Cardiff were forced to make eight changes for that tie, and subsequently didn't perform well given those changes. I also remember Northampton were much longer against Cardiff, with Cardiff coming in at well under evens. Here, Northampton are as low as three, which for me offered poor value, given the differing qualities of both sides. Baring in mind as well wolves were a premier league side last season. This season they've made a lot of changes, changed managers, and there is still a huge cross over from the mick mcCarthy era. Even if they make changes, I still think they have the quality to overcome poor league two opposition, and a price well over evens needs to be taken. Also I don't know how significant this is because he played against Cardiff, but Northampton ate having to play seventeen year old goalkeeping rookie, dean snedker. He's pretty inexperienced, having played no competitive football for Northampton. However they may have a lot of faith in im to throw him in. But you have to feel that wolves need to put him under a degree of pressure if they are to win the game, and I think that wolves will more so than Cardiff did. Because Cardiff were one nil up within four minutes, and the squad wolves put out will be stronger.