** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Stobart Super League XVII Round 23 - 3-6 Aug

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 3 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wigan Warriors v Hull FC (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 4 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] London Broncos v Salford City Reds (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 5 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bradford Bulls v Widnes Vikings (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huddersfield Giants v Catalans Dragons (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Wildcats (15:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 6 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St Helens v Warrington Wolves (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 23 - 3-6 Aug 4pts Hull FC (+16) to beat Wigan Evs Bet365 I’m not mad enough to suggest that Hull FC will definitely win this match although I do think they have a much better chance than their odds suggest. Wigan will have a few youngsters playing in this match and they will have more than one eye on next week’s important match against Warrington too. Hull FC are no mugs and while they might lack the out and out quality to handle Wigan over 80 minutes they certainly have enough in their ranks to stay within 16pts of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wigan-vs-hull-fc-betting-hull-fc-can-stay-within-the-handicap-against-an-injury-hit-wigan-side

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 23 - 3-6 Aug Kev, I'd never doubt your reasoning - that was a good call - but the ref made sure in the first 5 minutes that Wigan were going to win. A Wigan player loses the ball in the tackle - it's a strip. A Hull player loses it, it's a loose carry. Anyhoo, away from the sooper league - a bet that tempts me is Sheffield against Halifax. Halifax played an intensive game on Sunday and won, Sheffield had the week off. Sheffield are a serious team this year - yes I know Fax are, but I think the bookies are showing a little disrespect towards Sheffield giving them 14 points start. I'm going for Sheffield off scratch and the same with the handicap - not a mortgage bet but a few quid.

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 23 - 3-6 Aug I just find Super League too hard to call right now and far from Super, the degree of inconsistency is alarming, and the only bets I make are on the better teams to cover the handicap when I think I can trust them. Wakefield are on the up, i´m of the view that Castlefore are woeful, I´d take them to cover, and with it being a derby game you´d hope that they turn up, the week after though on the back of three good performances they will no doubt be awful and get tonked.

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 23 - 3-6 Aug

And also' date=' maybe in a double -Hunslet are useless. Leigh minus 26 with a double on Sheffield off scratch 20 quid gives you 180 - beer![/quote'] Cheers mate, followed you on the Hunslet game nice one. Very unlucky on the double with Sheffield, who conceded twice in last 3 minutes to lose