** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

USPGA Championship - August 9th - August 12th

Aidymac

Re: USPGA Championship - August 9th - August 12th

RORY McILROY E/W 20/1 1-6 + 1ST ROUND LEADER E/W 25/1 PP~Coming back to form if he starts well will be hard to catch.
Go on my son, nothing stupid early on, nice steady front nine and we will have it in the bag. Go on Ror's :hope

Re: USPGA Championship - August 9th - August 12th I'm hoping Vijay and Stricker put in some good rounds for my outright bets later on and i'll take some players in the three ball betting too. 3/10pts I. Poulter to beat J. Donaldson and G. McDowell - 7/4 with BetFred (6.01pm UK time) I like the price on Poulter to come out on top in this group. G Mac knows what it takes to compete on the final day of a Major but the price is too short for me, especially when considering the troubles he had at The Open when in with a chance. He's got a great chances of scoring better than his two rivals in this match-up but the price isn't good enough for me to want to take him. I've discounted Jamie Donaldson because the odds on him beating these two aren't big enough when I consider how big today is compared to the tournaments he is normally in contention for. His scoring has impressed me this week but not enough to suggest to me he is worth taking against these more experienced players. I opposed Poulter a couple of days back because of doubts over his mental capabilities but over the last two rounds that side of his game has impressed me. He managed to par every hole on the back nine in his third round and that is impressive considering the trouble everyone has been having on certain holes on that stretch. He has halted the odd slump in his rounds better than I expected he would so I think that shows he is in a good place mentally. When on form he is a top player and he is showing that this week so I am happy to side with him here. 3/10pts B. Van Pelt to beat R. McIlroy and C. Petterson - 15/8 with William Hill (6.45pm UK time) *9/4 at Ladbrokes* With eight top ten finishes to date, Bo Van Pelt has been pretty impressive this year. He shot a bogey-free five under par in his third round to get himself in contention going in to the final round so he has hit form at just the right time and will be full of confidence. Rory McIlroy will probably win this tournament but he is in a position that doesn't require him to attack as much as the other two so a steady round should be enough for him. Petterson or Van Pelt need to go for it in order to put the pressure on so I think a low score is likely to be carded by at least one of them. At the odds available I prefer Van Pelt as he is a solid, confident player at the moment who is coming in to this final round having just put in one of the best rounds of the week. Hopefully he'll do the business again.

*Ian Poulter - 4 Points e/w @ 80/1 Ladbrokes* I was impressed with Ian in the Open where he finished T9th. He struck the ball very well, and planned out every shot before hand, and will certainly be suited to the Ocean Course here in America, where high winds are likely. He was also 7th in the Masters this year, and T41 in the US Open, so he is having some good performances in the majors this year. He was 3rd in the Arnold Palmer also this year. Surprisingly his only win on the PGA Tour was the Accenture Matchplay a couple of years ago, and he is a quality player, that will win more tournaments. He nearly always makes the cut in the PGA Championship which is something i look for, and was T9 in it back in 2006. As a matter of fact, he hasn't missed the cut here since 2001. At the price, i feel he is worth a bet.
Well Ian Poulter gave me a roller-coaster ride today. Once he got to -8, i thought he actually had a chance to win the thing! And then when he started making bogeys, i was fearing he wouldn't even get placed!!! There were 4 players in a tie for 3rd place, but i only had 5 places on this bet as it was antepost, so i only get 75% of the place money returned. Still a decent payout though.... *Stake - 26.5 Points* *Returns - 63 Points* *Profit - 36.5 Points* A most memorable year for me this year. Bubba Watson win @ 50/1, Webb Simpson win @ 50/1, Ernie Els win @ 40/1 and Ian Poulter place @ 80/1... Roll on next year, if i even get 1 winner next year i will be over the moon. Well done with McIlroy Ted, he really showed his utter class this weekend, and shows what he can do when he is on song, devastating golf, and deservedly world No. 1 after that.

Re: USPGA Championship - August 9th - August 12th :bignana CHA CHING 1ST Rory Mcilroy 2nd & 3rd fresh air! Another 8 stroke win in a major the USPGA has never been won by that much before. 4 wins from the last 11 have been won from someone from Norn Iron. Phenomenal stuff. He has just proved he is the real deal without a shadow of doubt and justified me following him in every major but i never doubted him:D Untouchable when he's onit:notworthy

Great tipping in here ! Stunning win from RMac ultimately. 2 time major winner, both by 8 strokes. Has the potential to surpass the 13 won by TW.
14 ;). And IMO he won't get near. Good tipping in here guys. The majors have been well and truly smashed to pieces by the excellent tipsters on PL this year :notworthy:notworthy.

3/10pts I. Poulter to beat J. Donaldson and G. McDowell - 7/4 with BetFred (6.01pm UK time) 3/10pts B. Van Pelt to beat R. McIlroy and C. Petterson - 15/8 with William Hill (6.45pm UK time) *9/4 at Ladbrokes*
Poulter did the business to give a profit of +2.25 points. Gutted Stricker and Singh couldn't sneak a place, though. Well done to those on Poulter and McIlroy!