** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 20 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Catalans Dragons v St Helens (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Salford City Reds v Widnes Vikings (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 21 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] London Broncos v Wigan Warriors (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Wildcats (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves (15:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 23 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull KR v Hull FC (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July Friday's TV preview: 4pts Catalans (-2) to beat St Helens Evs BetVictor

Catalans are very hard to beat on their own patch though and the fact St Helens only beat Widnes by one point a couple of weeks ago shows they can still be quite vulnerable and off colour. Table topping Wigan are the only side to have won in France this season which shows how hard it is and I have to take the Dragons in this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/catalans-dragons-vs-st-helens-betting-catalans-can-complete-a-double-over-saints-at-their-fortress-home

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July SALFORD CITY REDS v WIDNES VIKINGS I've not wrote one of these SL reviews for the best part of 4 years, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little rusty... You have to go way back to 19th April 2002 for Widnes' last victory at the City Reds and on this year's current away form you'd be a brave man to back Denis Betts' side to pick up anything at the Salford City Stadium tonight; this despite the Vikings’ recent improved performances against both Saints and Castleford. The Vikings have lost all 10 of their away fixtures so far in this Super League campaign and are not surprisingly the Super League's lowest scoring team, by some considerable distance; scoring a meagre 57 tries in total (after 20 games), only 26% of which have be scored away from the Stobart Stadium (15 tries in total). More worrying for Widnes is their defence on the road, conceding an alarming average of 53pts per game. They also miss more tackles than another other Super League team and 16% more than the City Reds. The City Reds come into the game with the momentum and will be looking for their 3rd straight Super League victory after a wins against Warrington (48 v 24) and Hull KR (22 v 24). Although they aren't the biggest scorers in the league (24pts average per home game), with drying conditions and an in-form Daniel Holdsworth (who is in the top 5 Super League playmakers) I expect the City Reds to score a few tonight; thus keeping their play-off hopes alive. Anything other than a win with points on the board, then it's Salford's season over for another year. There are concerns of course; Widnes have most definitely improved over recent weeks, looking more and more like a Super League side; but you have to wonder what impact last week's 23 v 24 last-gasp defeat against Saints will have on the team, will Betts be able to get them motivated for tonight? You could say that if this City Reds side (which is decent in my opinion) had still been playing at The Willows this season they wouldn't need to be chasing the play-off pack. The results don't lie, Salford have lost 5 from 10 at their new ground, albeit that list includes the likes of Wigan, Saints and Leeds. They are also guilty of shipping a few points at home, with an average of 28pts points conceded. Despite this, I still fancy them to have too much in the tank for the Vikings and should win this comfortably. My bet: Salford -14pts (various) Strength: 3/5 Good luck...!

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July Cheers mate, :ok it's been a while. Good luck with your punt tonight, should be a cracking game in great conditions. Either side could win it, but the Dragons are worthy favourites having only the 1 home loss this season. They are however capable of making more unforced errors than most SL teams and Saints will normally punish such opposition. Good luck pal!

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July That Widnes/Salford result is an absolute shocker :eek. Wouldn't have mattered for my bet but Catalans looked to be robbed there. Nothing at all wrong with that last disallowed try. I know Dureau would have had to kick the goal but that wouldn't have been beyond him.

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July

That Widnes/Salford result is an absolute shocker :eek. Wouldn't have mattered for my bet but Catalans looked to be robbed there. Nothing at all wrong with that last disallowed try. I know Dureau would have had to kick the goal but that wouldn't have been beyond him.
It's very difficult to believe the Catalans lost this match. Impressive pressure and plenty of big chances in the second half plus a couple of very difficult decisions all against them. I was with you Kev having a bet on the French and felt not so nice after those video referee's decisions, especially the last one :(

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July Monday night preview: 5pts Hull FC (+8) to beat Hull KR 5/6 Stan James

Hull derbies are always close affairs. I can’t remember too many which are won by a landslide and I certainly don’t expect this one to be won easily. With that in mind I can’t see why Hull FC are as big as 2/1 here. Man for man you could make a strong argument that they are the better side and so I can’t ignore Hull FC. Given their poor run of results though I’ll err on the side of safety and take them with the 8pt start. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hull-kr-vs-hull-fc-betting-hull-fc-can-take-full-advantage-of-an-8pt-start-which-they-might-not-even-need

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July 4pts - Hull KR Winning Margin 1-12 - Ladbrokes - 15/8 As much as it pains me to say this i dont have much confidence in hull winning the derby tonight, the injuries have been well documented and having Danny Houghton back in the squad will be a big bonus but this is a hull side playing with no confidence and there appears to be lots of disharmony in the camp at the moment so much so there are rumours Brett Seymour has refused to play this evening ( Not confirmed) A possible Partnership of McGoldrick and Heraamia doesnt shake fear into Anybody. I expect Hull to be competetive as the fans would expect nothing less from a hull derby but i see Rovers winning this fairly comfortably.

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 21 - 20-23 July

4pts - Hull KR Winning Margin 1-12 - Ladbrokes - 15/8 As much as it pains me to say this i dont have much confidence in hull winning the derby tonight, the injuries have been well documented and having Danny Houghton back in the squad will be a big bonus but this is a hull side playing with no confidence and there appears to be lots of disharmony in the camp at the moment so much so there are rumours Brett Seymour has refused to play this evening ( Not confirmed) A possible Partnership of McGoldrick and Heraamia doesnt shake fear into Anybody. I expect Hull to be competetive as the fans would expect nothing less from a hull derby but i see Rovers winning this fairly comfortably.
Oh ye of little faith mate ;). Good side this season. Reckon you'll go well in the playoffs too personally :ok.