** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: July 18th 2012 Picks

61-56 (mistake yesterday) +1.85 units (52.13%) Pirates -128 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I'd like to see Mcdonald bounce back. McCutchen and Walker both playing really well all around. Cleveland -108 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Masterson is up and down, but TB is playing some really poor baseball right now.

Re: MLB: July 18th 2012 Picks Phillies / Dodgers (over 8 runs) 1pt @ 3.40 Bet365 Cliff Lee v Clayton Kershaw, so the total runs line is set at 6. It only takes 1 crazy half inning from one of them, or a sub-par bullpen performance, and the figure's blown. Everything really has to go to plan re the pitching quality of these 2 for the game to stay under 6. At nearly 5/2 I'm siding with something unexpected happening. Padres (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.70 Bet365 Clayton Richard is pitching well for the Padres, and can strangle this Astros offense as he did when allowing 1 run in 7 innings of an unlucky for him 0-1 defeat last time against them.

Re: MLB: July 18th 2012 Picks Nationals (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.15 Bet365 Price looks nice for the Nationals behind Zimmerman to ease to a win against the Mets who send Chris Young to the mound. Young only lasted 3 innings in his last start, being hit for 5 ERs by the Braves. Zimmerman meanwhile has the 4th best ERA in the NL, has went at least 6 innings in all 18 of his starts so far this season, has gone 3-0 in his last 4 with an ERA of barely over 1, and has allowed 2 or fewer ERs in 6 of his 8 starts v the Mets. Giants (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.75 Bet365 San Fran delivered in some style for me last night, and I am taking to do so again tonight with Vogelsong on the mound. The Braves send the league-worst for ERA, Mike Minor, to the mound, and he has managed just 2 quality starts in his last 12. Rays (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.05 Bet365 Big value on the Rays to deliver a 2+ run win against a pitcher who is 1-7 against them overall, and 0-4 with a 8.46 ERA against them in St Petersburg. Despite taking the loss, Hellickson had a decent performance in Cleveland earlier this month, and if he can muster a similar start tonight then he'll be confident of taking a win this time with his offense abusing Masterson.

Re: MLB: July 18th 2012 Picks Have to post now, while the game is still ongoing. It's 1-1 at the bottom of the 6th so of course it is easy to rue taking over 8 runs, but given I have on a few occasions taken around 7/1 for a game to go to extra innings I feel like a prize plum on not doing so in the Phillies-Dodgers game. Lee v Kershaw, and I think there's more value in there being a run-fest than in the game going to OT at 3x the price or so :eyes Even if there's a bullpen meltdown and the game finishes 5-4 and brings my bet in, I still think it was the wrong bet for the match.

Re: MLB: July 18th 2012 Picks

Phillies / Dodgers (over 8 runs) 1pt @ 3.40 Bet365 Padres (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.70 Bet365
Nationals (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.15 Bet365 Giants (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.75 Bet365 Rays (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.05 Bet365
Feel like I escaped from a bases loaded with 0 outs jam by getting a push from the Phillies/Dodgers game :lol

2012 record: 67-87 (+33.855)