July 16 - July 22

CzechPunter

Re: July 16 - July 22 Couple of early challenger selections before the prices move for me: Yannick Mertens to beat Maximo Gonzalez. 1.85 @ Bwin Mertens has shown good progress since joining with Christophe Rochus earlier in the year. Three consecutive challenger quarter-finals in his last three tournaments have given him confidence and he has lost to the eventual winner in each, pushing Janowicz and Robredo, two very good players at this level close. In his home country, he will fancy his chances of another good run. Gonzalez has had a couple of decent results on the clay recently with victories over Gimeno-Traver, Volandri and Alund in recent tournaments. However, in recent times, his record outside South America has been pretty poor, and I think he may struggle against the in-form Belgian here. Jonathan Dasnieres de Veigy to beat Enrico Burzi. 1.5 @ Bwin The Frenchman has been in good form this year, reaching the final in both Napoli and Ostrava. He has only been losing to good challenger players recently (Zopp and Kavcic) and should be a stronger favourite in this match in my view. The Italian has been in awful form in recent months, amid fitness concerns. He was hammered by Marco Cecchinato last week and has been struggling to win matches at Futures level over the past two months. Unless he steps up several levels, I don't see him troubling the Frenchman...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.