** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Fantasy NFL 2012

Crouch Potato

Re: Fantasy NFL 2012 Ok, so for whatever reason I can't seem to send Senshi or Thegeneral55 a PM. So if either of you guys are reading this, can you please PM me your email so I can invite you to sign up. Again, use "dot com" instead of ".com". Some of the restrictions on this site seem really heavy handed. At this stage, I am considering Saturday 11th August, 22:00 GMT as the draft time. For the guys in the UK, this is 10pm. For the aussies, this is 7am. For AGurv, I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might be about 4pm? If anyone has any objections to this speak now!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy NFL 2012

How about 9pm my time on Sunday :)
Well, you are more than welcome to show up in the draft room at that time, but I guarantee you no draft will be on! The later it is on Sunday, the more inconveniencing it is for those of us down under. You think getting up at 7am one time for an NFL draft could be bad? If I want to watch an early game I have to be up at 3 or 4am! And most weeks I usually am. As for the draft time, the same time Friday works for me. So uhh, Friday 10th August. Will you be at work Agurv? Taza, BC, how are you guys with a 7am wake up? It's not great, but there should be some pre-season games going, so if you've got your game pass subscription I suppose it will at least be worth it. And to answer the question about mobile drafting, I'll defer to Kev, who I believe tried to do that last year. Not sure with what level of success though. Oh, Rhino, I still need you to confirm what your email domain is. Just use "dot com" instead of ".com". And to Senshi and The General, I'm putting you guys on the clock. Need a response by the end of this weekend or I'll just revert it to a 10 man league.

Re: Fantasy NFL 2012 Thanks Samba. Still just waiting on TheGeneral now. Will give everyone til midweek to object to the draft times etc. If not too many people have an issue with it, I'll go ahead and change the time. Obviously it's not going to be a great time for everyone, but as long as everyone is only a little inconvenienced then I suppose it's okay. Not particularly looking forward to a 7am wake up on a Saturday though. At least the PGA will be on I suppose...

If I want to watch an early game I have to be up at 3 or 4am! And most weeks I usually am. So uhh, Friday 10th August. Will you be at work Agurv? Taza, BC, how are you guys with a 7am wake up? .
EDIT: Oh, 7am Saturday you say...Hmmm...available, hopefully risen from the induced coma... :beer Last year was the most 'comfortable' year for me by far! Brisbane summer, sun starts (at least the birds pre-empting it!) about that time...high teens, low 20's already...perfect time to get up and do the ironing for the week! :lol Not so sure now tho, only been on quasi shift work until now...start my first night shift tonight. :( All down hill from here I suspect. (Although the extra days off should be a bonus.) Have the rest of this week off tho, so yeah, happy to do a 7am Friday...apart from having to get up that early on your birthday! (And the fact that I've now aclimatised and anything under 10 dg's is FREEZING!!! ;)

Re: Fantasy NFL 2012 So Rhino has joined, but Senshi still hasn't accepted the email invitation and I've heard nothing from TheGeneral. General - I'm putting you on the clock. 24hrs to PM or Post your email address so I can invite you to the league. Senshi - Same deal, but you just have to sign up. Maybe check your spam folders or something if you think you've missed the email. At present we have 10 people in the league, so if neither shows up we can just go to 5 man divisions, that's no problem. If we get odd numbers I can put a quick call out there, but I've got a friend from another comp I can get to fill in if need be (though preferably not as he knows every sleeper I am targetting!) As for the draft, I've heard no objections and it's been a bit of time, so the time is now set. It will be 7am Taza's, BC's and my time. Saturday for us, so Friday afternoon or night for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere. I think Samba changed the draft time already, but it wouldn't hurt if you guys could confirm that's still the right time for you guys, just a day earlier than before. If you haven't already, in case your net dies or you can't make it etc. you can rank players and so you will automatically be drafted the highest ranked available player from your list (as opposed to ADP). AGurv, I will try and find out more about drafting from mobiles for you. To those with admin powers, I can't PM Sensi or TheGeneral. If one of you guys could give them a quick PM to tell them this really is their last chance that'd be great. Other than that, see you at 7am Saturday (ugh)... and keep your filfy mitts off of Julio Jones!

I think Samba changed the draft time already
I haven't touched anything :unsure I spoke to Senshi yesterday, he thinks he is at work on Friday night here and said he hadn't received email with sign up destructions. Will tell him to check Spam :ok